Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today (22201 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN / 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by UtopiaDream: 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2021
About 29 million telecom users are yet to link their National Identity Numbers to their SIM cards even as the first deadline given to subscribers expires Tuesday.

A top federal government official told Daily Trust on Monday that about 176m SIM cards had been linked to their owners’ NINs.

The government had given January 19 and February 9 deadlines for subscribers already with NINs and those without NINs respectively to link their SIMs with their unique identity numbers.

The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ibrahim Pantami’s spokesperson, Uwa Suleiman, did not respond to Daily Trust’s enquiry seeking to know what would be the fate of those who failed to do the linkage before the deadline.

The Nigerian Communications Commission had said there would not be mass disconnection of telecom subscribers as a result of the ongoing linkage of NIN records to SIM Registration, Igbere TV reports.

“A recent survey conducted in Nigeria has shown that on average, there are now approximately 4 to 5 SIMs to every human subscriber.

“This explains the basis of allowing the linkage of up to 7 SIMs to 1 unique NIN in the recently launched Federal Government Portal”, NCC had said in a recent statement.

https://dailytrust.com/29m-sims-not-yet-linked-to-nins-as-deadline-expires-today

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Odoogu(m): 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2021
them go block tire sootay e go cause traffic jam cheesy

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by jagaban002(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2021
That calculation is wrong it’s not 29 million , maybe it’s 92 million.

At last we sha don link am .
Bastard goverment

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by NextD18: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2021
Most Nigerians are so ignorant and too stubborn to follow instructions.

Negligence!!

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Kingosytex(m): 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2021
My own follow o!!!! I do enter. grin grin grin grin

Wish me a Happy Sim Blocking Day!!!

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by jagaban002(m): 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
NextD18:

Negligence!!

You saying rubbish with confidence .
Do you know how many millions of Nigerians wake up as early as 4 to 5am to que at the nimc center and they will still not attend to them except those that pay when with the rate of covid 19 and you called that stubborn and ignorance .
You are very very stupid for calling We Nigerian ignorant instead of the goverment

417 Likes 34 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by lavendae(m): 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2021
Let them do their worst

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Nomorelove: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2021
With all the linking they won't still catch bandits and boko haram members. Werey dey disguise

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by onoms4luv(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
I followed for the 29m. more than six sim cards not yet link by me..

still wetin for the block sha.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by duro4chang(m): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
They should do their worst.We all know how difficult it is to get registered. During election machines will be available on every street but now the machines to register is just about ten in some states.
There shouldn't have been deadline at all. It should be a continuous process.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
jagaban002:

You saying rubbish with confidence .
Do you know how many millions of Nigerians wake up as early as 4 to 5am to que at the nimc center and they will still not attend to them except those that pay when with the rate of covid 19 and you called that stubborn and ignorance .
You are very very stupid for calling We Nigerian ignorant instead of the goverment
Don't mind him with his madness

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2021
duro4chang:
They should do their worst.We all know how difficult it is to get registered. During election machines will be available on every street but now the machines to register is just about ten in some states.
There shouldn't have been deadline at all. It should be a continuous process.
The whole exercise is meaningless.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by badaru911: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
.... 176 million linked... I don't believe it...

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Deentertainer(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2021
[s]
UtopiaDream:

https://dailytrust.com/29m-sims-not-yet-linked-to-nins-as-deadline-expires-today[/s]

Lalasticlala

I careless not, do you think our telecos, like MTN will like to loss millions of subscribers ?? grin grin grin grin

and if happens they finally block us then the worst will never than the present situation in the country today.

it's not a threat it's a promise mark my words. because if they do hmm, many business will stop the economy will no more function they should have a rethink on the danger they're about putting the country into.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
badaru911:
.... 176 million linked... I don't believe it...

oga na fake news, the montula de look for traffic for him blog. I know how we wake up early in the NIN registration and the whole thing suffers a big setback.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by ursullalinda(f): 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Including my two sims......let's watch this confused government do their worst.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by slawormiir: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Although I have the slip and nin but ain't linking no shit

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Elzakzaky: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
The deadline will be shifted. O sure ju.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Grace001: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
176m SIM cards had been linked to their owners’ NINs.

About 29 million telecom users are yet to link their National Identity Numbers to their SIM cards

Oboy see lies from the pit of hell. Anyways I’m not surprise Nigeria is built on lies and deceit.

Failed directive.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
sad
Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Coldie(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
When will they disconnect the lines.

We dae wait.

At least both fg and telecommunication companies go loose revenue for some time till them get sense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Legitz: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
I won't link anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by falcon01: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
BLOCK, I AM ALREADY THINKING OF A WAY TO STAY WITHOUT Communicating using these things. We go back to the old age gong and smoke

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by DoubleEngine007: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
NextD18:

Negligence!!

You lack common sense..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Giovanni93: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
My grandmother has the National Identity card but there's no NIN on it. How can I go about it please?

Please subscribe to YouTube fitness channel as I no wan do Yahoo plus - https://youtube.com/channel/UCwSKP1mjmUxr_otieg0oJ2Q

5 Likes

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by jplusnaira: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
If they block our lines then they should know that the protest that it will result to will make #ENDSARS protest look like child's play.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by chukkystar(m): 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Na how to frustrate people dem Sabi. Block all the SIM na, make person rest..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by Brandonx(m): 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Nigerians don't take anything serious undecided

1 Like

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by DamnnNiggarr: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin

According, SaintLucia,
Only Ipob members have not registered.

SaintLucia:
And in another BREAKING NEWS, IPOB members are rushing to register for their NIN before the deadline given. grin
Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by blinking001(m): 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Let them block my SIM....what is all this? What kind of pressure is this one? Let them block the SIM if they want......their threats are becoming boring.

6 Likes

Re: 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today by StepTwo: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
They will definitely shift the deadline. Nothing to worry about. I have 4 airtel sims yet to be linked while 4 Mtn sims are already linked. Stay calm everyone

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 7 Android Smartphones With The Best Selfie Camera / 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You / What Song Is Your Current Incoming Call Notification Alert Tone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.