Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State (17409 Views)

Photos From Ikwerre Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State / Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State / Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by FeedMeNews: 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
The West African nation of Nigeria is characterized by a wide range of cultures. Varied across five hundred and more ethnic groups, Nigerian tribes celebrate festivals which is a representation of their rich history.

There are many festivals in Nigeria, some of which date back to the period before the arrival of the major religions.

Annually, the country celebrates 17 cultural festivals, most of which are marked in ways that are unique to the various ethnic groups. There are countless of water beings in Yorùbaland, Ehinle is one of them.

Igbere TV reports that in Okemesi, a town in Ekiti West Local Government of Ekiti State, the people celebrates Elehinle festival.

The Elehinle is a river deity with beautiful historical records. Names with Omi (Water) prefix like Omidiran, Omidiji are children or descendants of this Òrìsà.

Yesterday, January 18, people were out in numbers to celebrate the Òrìsà the same way their ANCESTORS used to.

Popular masquerades, Egúngún Soyoyo and Egúngún Gbagero also performed at the festival.

https://igberetvnews.com/1379570/photos-procession-elehinle-festival-okemesi/

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Jones4190(m): 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2021
they worship what they don't know

12 Likes

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by TATALoAlaMu: 4:56pm On Jan 19, 2021
Okay. I like the culture.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Kreamie(m): 6:05am On Jan 20, 2021
Lovely!

Okemesi to the world!!!! grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by flexd99(m): 6:06am On Jan 20, 2021
O
Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 20, 2021
RuddyFusion:
I pity the kids bn forced into what they don't know.
Jones4190:

Well, it is their religion, and the religion of their ancestors....

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by SporaD8: 6:07am On Jan 20, 2021
last picture, Is she being buried alive?!
Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Kreamie(m): 6:08am On Jan 20, 2021
You’d rather a religion forced down your throat by your enslavers?
Jones4190:

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by timibare(m): 6:10am On Jan 20, 2021
hmmmm FG nor dey disconnect sims again
Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Lincoln275(m): 6:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Wow! So colorful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Abbeyme: 6:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Where is righteousness2 when you need him

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Darammliveth(m): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Proudly Okemesi Ekiti indigene! I love my town, i love my culture.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Rutley(m): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Isese l’agba

Ogbó, ató, àsúre, Ìwòrìwòfún

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by iyanumiv(m): 6:15am On Jan 20, 2021
NO MASK O......
UNA WELDONE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Map1(m): 6:15am On Jan 20, 2021
RuddyFusion:
bro pity your self and to back to your root there is different between culture, tradition and religion so don't mix it up,if our culture could be rebrand you know how much of billions it could bring

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by ObiOfOnistha: 6:15am On Jan 20, 2021
Alright
Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by BigSarah(f): 6:15am On Jan 20, 2021
I love this not the activities(seems super stressful), but that these people are proud of their belief... so many herbalists now parading as pastors and imam if traditional religion is your source let it be known and stop making people feel they’re no Godly enough

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by ObiOfOnistha: 6:17am On Jan 20, 2021
RuddyFusion:
keep your pity to yourself, if they don't know, so their parents do not know.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by bubudeen: 6:18am On Jan 20, 2021
Jones4190:

What do you know about the foreign religions you were bequeathed by your colonizers?

People who took you slaves also told your how to worship God and you swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

They even told you that your own way of worship that your fathers practiced for centuries and built great empires like Mali empire, Songhai Empire, great Benin Empire is evil.

Whilst Europeans were living like savages and killing themselves, Africans were already living in gated cities with well organized Kingdom.

Then came the weak, wicked white man. Destroyed everything Africa had including their history.

It is the only reason you will put up that naive comment.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by BennyDon: 6:21am On Jan 20, 2021
Yet they will still go to shout Alleluia in church on Sunday.

I can spot choir-members and Sunday School teachers right there.

It's well

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Qoko: 6:24am On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=Jones4190 post=98226584]they worship what they don't know[/quote Be wise, they worshiped what they believed, have you ever seen Jesus before started worshipping him? Religions has to do with belief, be you Christians, Muslims or traditionalist.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by whela(m): 6:27am On Jan 20, 2021
Being here before
A rocky town.
Quite peaceful.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by resoluteideas: 6:28am On Jan 20, 2021
ok
Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Misterone: 6:29am On Jan 20, 2021
RuddyFusion:
I pity the kids bn forced into what they don't know...Sons of men openly worshipping a mermaid the most stubborn of all satanic principalities....

They are Christians - Moslem's and traditionist ALLL in equal measure....Only Afonja can do this.....it is well
you self wetin you know? no be wetin them teach you you know? make una stop this hypocrisy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Incognito403: 6:30am On Jan 20, 2021
That second picture is the reason why I don't like putting on those fishnet caps, babalawo people don turn am to their uniform.

In Lagos, if you see a man in white lace, white fishnet cap and white shoes, abeg don't say "assalaam alykum" to him because he's most likely not an Alhaji. Rather he's most likely a Yoruba traditional cultist. If you check his wrist and see red beads, haa, dah one na confirm cultist.

And btw, who else finds white shoes annoying and disturbing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by Obamaofusa: 6:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Jones4190:

They are worshipping satan through Jinns but they do not know..

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State by ramsonspecial(m): 6:39am On Jan 20, 2021
Hmmmm... I reserve my commet but those girls are beautiful sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Highlighting The Ethno-linguistic Groups that Make Up Akoko Ondo / What Part Of Igboland Are You From. / Wollofs And Mandinkas Lets Meet Here :)-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.