Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Please Help Judge This Matter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Judge This Matter (490 Views)

What's The Best Advice On This Matter? / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? / Is My Wife Correct On This Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Judge This Matter by Unclesmart12: 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
I'm currently at logger heads with my landlord, my rent expired since October last year and my landlord won't let me rest and I'm not even around due to ASUU strike.
Around November last year he called me and told me that he's increasing the rent from 36k to 42k, I agreed since that's was what the other tenants were paying.

Every two weeks this man will call me demanding for money even if its 5k, I never gave him because I didn't have. He was the one that even notified me of ASUU calling off the strike, now to the main issue.

School resumed this week and of course he's been pestering me to resume since last week, the problem is I don't have his full rent at hand now, I've been begging him to collect six months rent so I can resume first then I will pay up later but he's been adamant that I must pay full or pay for the four months that my properties occupied the room and pack out.

His option is not favourable at all, I told him since he doesn't want to collect the one I have then I will live in his house on credit.
How do I approach this matter?, I've pleaded with him to no avail and I can't afford another place. What course of action should I take now because I have exams next week and need to go and prepare .
Re: Please Help Judge This Matter by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
Is your landlord a begibegi man?
Re: Please Help Judge This Matter by Heartbender: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Go back to school first. See him and have a face-to-face conversation. It has a greater effect
Unclesmart12:
I'm currently at logger heads with my landlord, my rent expired since October last year and my landlord won't let me rest and I'm not even around due to ASUU strike.
Around November last year he called me and told me that he's increasing the rent from 36k to 42k, I agreed since that's was what the other tenants were paying.

Every two weeks this man will call me demanding for money even if its 5k, I never gave him because I didn't have. He was the one that even notified me of ASUU calling off the strike, now to the main issue.

School resumed this week and of course he's been pestering me to resume since last week, the problem is I don't have his full rent at hand now, I've been begging him to collect six months rent so I can resume first then I will pay up later but he's been adamant that I must pay full or pay for the four months that my properties occupied the room and pack out.

He's option is not favourable at all, I told him since he doesn't want to collect the one I have then I will live in his house on credit.
How do I approach this matter?, I've pleaded with him to no avail and I can't afford another place. What course of action should I take now because I have exams next week and need to go and prepare .
Re: Please Help Judge This Matter by Unclesmart12: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
southniyikaye:
Is your landlord a begibegi man?
The house is his only source of income
Re: Please Help Judge This Matter by Unclesmart12: 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2021
Heartbender:
Go back to school first. See him and have a face-to-face conversation. It has a greater effect
He already spelt his terms out without mincing words, I thought a tenant is eligible to stay for like 6 months after a quite notice before packing out?
Re: Please Help Judge This Matter by Heartbender: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
Nope. In your case you're only entitled to a 7 days'notice to quit from the next day your rent expired
Unclesmart12:

He already spelt his terms out without mincing words, I thought a tenant is eligible to stay for like 6 months after a quite notice before packing out?
Re: Please Help Judge This Matter by Unclesmart12: 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2021
Heartbender:
Nope. In your case you're only entitled to a 7 days'notice to quit from the next day your rent expired
shocked shocked
Re: Please Help Judge This Matter by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 19, 2021
Heartbender:

Spot on

@OP:

This may not be the best time to start arguing over who is wrong or right.

Assuming you want a mutually acceptable agreement, then yes, please make out time and talk with him mano a mano

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Judge This Matter by Unclesmart12: 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
alignacademy:

Spot on

@OP:

This may not be the best time to start arguing over who is wrong or right.

Assuming you want a mutually acceptable agreement, then yes, please make out time and talk with him mano a mano

Cheers!
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Missing Person! Missing Person!! Missing Person!!! / Currently Stranded. I Need Help. / On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.