Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) (66059 Views)

Youths Looting An SUV After Travelers Were Attacked While Heading To Abuja. Pics / FRSC Reacts To Woman Beating Video, "The Woman Attacked Officer First' / Woman Attacked By Armed Robbers In Abuja As Bullet Fired Brushed Her Arm. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by hollatomi: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Badabada:
The insecurity in every part of 9ja is becoming alarming.
endears aftermath
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 20, 2021
Djsample:
Hi guys, I'm going to go straight to the point. I noticed hawks and crows have been following me everywhere I go. Most times the crows (those black birds with a ring of white around their neck) just land on a building close to the one I'm in. And watch me and sometimes calling in that voice. Most times when I face them and call out, they fly away.

First time I noticed this was like 2 months back, while I was praying in my compound. I saw two crows flying past, they spotted me and landed on the roof and since then I have been seeing them flying around. Then I noticed the hawks too. It's weird. Sometimes I'm annoyed by the way the crows call out. Other times I'm nonchalant about it. The hawks too, gliding above me, any building I enter.
Perching nearby. 2021 is something else o.
Someone should kindly explain this birds following of a thing. Thanks in advance
Guy, all those people way dey tell you say na spiritual matter no sabe anything

I read wan answer on quora way talk say crows dey hold grudge

Fit be say you don find their trouble before

Just lay low and stay calm dem go free you
https://www.quora.com/Do-crows-hold-a-grudge

1 Like

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by BobbyZrealist(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2021
nwaanambra1:

GO AND STATION THE RRS OFFICERS THERE NA! SABINUS!

if you are smart you would av known that our security apparatus are already over stretched to spare any to look after the very foolish ones!

FOR YOUR INFO AM AN EXERCISE BUFF BUT I DO IT WHEN I WAKE FROM BED BEFORE TAKING MY BATH!
THERE ARE SO MANY EXERCISES YOU CAN DO RIGHT IN YOUR BEDROOM BEFORE TAKING YOUR BATH TO HEAD FOR THE DAYS HUSTLE!

when i want to do street i do it on Saturdays and Sundays from 8am in the morning!

TRY GET SOME SENSE - YOUR LIFE DOESN'T HAVE DUPLICATE!

NA PERSON WEY DEY A LIFE DEY ENJOY GOOD HEALTH!

Next time no body go tell her to grow small sense!

Naija no dey safe for all those early morning street rubbish!

What is this?
People should be safe in their own country, and you should be able to jog in the mornings without fear of been kidnapped or mugged.
Insecurity is so rampant now that we blame the victims for been attacked,and even ridicule them sometimes.
It is abnormal and ridiculous.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Rico94: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2021
Crazy people everywhere, if is not kidnapping it is robbery if is not robbery it is herdsmen if it's not herdsmen it is human assult the list goes on and on...
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by tunapawizzy: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2021
I understand how the sister feels, but passers by at that time might also be scared for their lives....its all on people dat should provide a society where theres no incentive for engaging in crime.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Olayinka777(m): 8:40am On Jan 20, 2021
Tamel:
Sad embarassed

But how many holes this woman get for ear?!
My brother I tire o! This one na apparent Omo Oloja.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by wackpoet(m): 8:45am On Jan 20, 2021
Tamel:
Sad embarassed

You and SARS, what is the difference. *spits

1 Like

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by tunapawizzy: 8:45am On Jan 20, 2021
lexy2014:

Check this out:

"Unfortunately, as the attack was taking place, people passed by and no one intervened."
Na early morning na, Passers by were probably not sure of the kind of ammunition carried by d criminals.

1 Like

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by pocohantas(f): 8:50am On Jan 20, 2021
Those ladies really have mind. Whenever I see them I admire their guts. Jogging early in the morning? Make Naija men use you shine. The painful part is you would die for nothing. You won’t get justice and even in death, they will still call you olosho and advise other girls to stay one place. Glad she is alive.

1 Like

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by kdot20: 9:06am On Jan 20, 2021
ScotMisile:

If e nor be your pikin, drop am

Bless you!!
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by QuintessentialW: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2021
nwaanambra1:
in this terrible times, somebody will wake up very early in the morning to go jogging!

i mean after reading all the bad news and insecurity every where!

funny thing is she was even expecting others to risk their own life and come to her rescue!

at least she is alive to tell her stupid story - lots of others aint that lucky!

But truly there are so many useless people on earth and sometimes i am pushed to support Bill Gates plan to reduce the population of the earth inhabitants from 7.6 billion people made up of mostly very stupid and dumb individuals to just 3 billion intelligent folks!

this vaccine will really do the world a huge favor. at least we will have less idiots!

What a fool!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by pacespot(m): 9:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Robbery or Rape or Retribution
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by OpinionCounts(m): 9:30am On Jan 20, 2021
Lagos again!!!! The insecurity in Lagos is alarming!!!!
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by IceTrice01: 9:43am On Jan 20, 2021
TMSMedia:
A woman was attacked while jogging on the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge early on Monday morning, Jan 18

The woman named Sike was left with a bruised face, broken finger, and a gash on her thigh. Her sister said she was mugged and rough-handled. Unfortunately, as the attack was taking place, people passed by and no one intervened.

Joggers have been advised to wait till it's brighter before they jog around the area.

The Twitter user who shared the news wrote:

https://twitter.com/fit_iam/status/1351209718690304001?s=19

Maybe cus twas late, I could remember when I had a flat tyre on that bridge and my Jack was bigger than my car, vehicles were stopping to assist me without me asking and I was wowed like is this how good ppl are in this part of Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by kayjay69(m): 10:00am On Jan 20, 2021
You see why people should be allowed to bear personal firearms for protection (something the Buhari govt took away from even licenced and peaceful gun owners). Clearly, if she had a firearm on her, her attackers would have thought twice before attempting to attack her. And this is not the failure of police, police cannot be everywhere everytime, things such as this happen in much better countries but if she had some protection at the very least she stood a fighting chance rather than being at the mercy of her assailants.

Imagine if she had been killed, people would have looked away. Then we would come here, talk talk talk, and then after a few days that would be it. That is someone's sister, probably mother or wife. That is a human being yet her assailants will not be found nor brought to justice.

All we do in Nigeria is talk. We always talk, we love to talk. It is almost as if we were put on this earth to talk, talk talk. We are all talk, no action.

What a sham of a country!

1 Like

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by InvertedHammer: 10:05am On Jan 20, 2021
Golan007:
[s][/s]

Rubbish.

All that's needed are RRS officers stationed at strategic areas of the bridge and jogging would an easy breeze.

Just because you see no use for exercise doesn't mean others should be like you.
/
These things keep happening because some of you cannot separate fantasy from reality. There are many things that should be done right in Nigeria but they are not. So common sense should reign supreme. She is glad to be alive.
/

1 Like

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Denique(f): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2021
ScotMisile:

If e nor be your pikin, drop am
grin grin grin
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Bluntemperor: 10:27am On Jan 20, 2021
nedekid:

Some folks will attack you for saying that despite how glaring.
Sanwo should bring back the street lights. It's everyday you hear of people losing their phones, money and even getting injured.

We have said it severally.What happens to 'Light Up Lagos' Project,?
Govr Sanwo-Olu should ensured Street Light Project in Lagos is steady and everywhere to reduce the rampant incessant robbery and Security challenges going on in the State.
God bless Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Golan007: 10:35am On Jan 20, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
These things keep happening because some of you cannot separate fantasy from reality. There are many things that should be done right in Nigeria but they are not. So common sense should reign supreme. She is glad to be alive.
/

And fitness enthusiasts should stop jogging in central park or Clapham Common for the same reason.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by hardbody: 10:43am On Jan 20, 2021
nwaanambra1:
in this terrible times, somebody will wake up very early in the morning to go jogging!

funny thing is she was even expecting others to risk their own life and come to her rescue!

at least she is alive to tell her stupid story - lots of others aint that lucky!

But truly there are so many useless people on earth and sometimes i am pushed to support Bill Gates plan to reduce the population of the earth inhabitants from 7.6 billion people made up of mostly very stupid and dumb individuals to just 3 billion intelligent folks!

this vaccine will really do the world a huge favor. at least we will have less idiots!

In line with your reasoning, you and your family and generations should go with the first batch of idiots to be eliminated. Since you and Bill Gates created them and therefore have the right to eliminate them. Rascal.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by onyxo76(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2021
i wonder if they thought she will carrying like 100k for pocket while jogging.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Princessbettyj(f): 11:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Wahala for who dey work out,thank God she is fine... But sorry to ask o how many holes dey her ear undecided
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by olamidebaby: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2021
onyxo76:
i wonder if they thought she will carrying like 100k for pocket while jogging.
I'm sure all they wanted was her phone and yes that could be worth way over 100k in the black market.
Interestingly I used to jog on that same link bridge but only on weekends.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by naturefellow(m): 11:30am On Jan 20, 2021
nwaanambra1:

GO AND STATION THE RRS OFFICERS THERE NA! SABINUS!

if you are smart you would av known that our security apparatus are already over stretched to spare any to look after the very foolish ones!

FOR YOUR INFO AM AN EXERCISE BUFF BUT I DO IT WHEN I WAKE FROM BED BEFORE TAKING MY BATH!
THERE ARE SO MANY EXERCISES YOU CAN DO RIGHT IN YOUR BEDROOM BEFORE TAKING YOUR BATH TO HEAD FOR THE DAYS HUSTLE!

when i want to do street i do it on Saturdays and Sundays from 8am in the morning!

TRY GET SOME SENSE - YOUR LIFE DOESN'T HAVE DUPLICATE!

NA PERSON WEY DEY A LIFE DEY ENJOY GOOD HEALTH!

Next time no body go tell her to grow small sense!

Naija no dey safe for all those early morning street rubbish!
still na rubbishy shalaye you typed all there. Stop the victim-blaming!
Wld you call the victim foolish if she wear your daughter, sister or mum?
Have you jogged on Lekki-Ikoyi bridge before?
Have you ever heard of attacks like this before?
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2021
I jogged recently there at midnight, no issues. I am just hearing this for the first time.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 20, 2021
All they need to do is apprehend the perpetrator/s.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Surma: 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
it shall never be well with them
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by hstar: 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
nwaanambra1:

Well, I don't know what to say to this, because at least there's still sense in these statements
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by LadyJasper: 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Tamel:
Sad embarassed

E no consain you. Focus on the topic.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
Modarun:
but yall blamed Goodluck for everything. bunch of hypocrites. nw that ur folks are part of the govt, its one excuse or another.

I blamed Goodluck only for things that he should be blamed for.

For example, Boko Haram insurgency and corruption.

I didn't blame him for every person robbed in Jibowu or for someone getting stabbed in Mushin.
Re: Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) by Igwe29(m): 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
I was particularly expecting to hear she was raped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7-year-old Girl Slaughtered In Jos By A Woman For Ritual Purpose (Graphic Photo) / Stray Bullet Hits Man Sleeping At Home. He Survives (Photos) / Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.