Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition (35586 Views)

Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Deserea: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2021
habsydiamond:
That train must be very cheap for one million people to board it daily.. Wetin I Sabi sef... I wan go amebo as she dey call her boyfriend.. grin
What is this one saying

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by 2sexycom(m): 8:53am On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

The more reason it's not a 1 Million passengers a train service. Do you believe that this train service would hardly convey 10,000 a day?

Let's work the maths

Let's say it's 5000 passenger train per trip.

How many trip would it undergo to git a Million passenger in a single journey?

The nation needs sharp minds. Nigeria should look for us they don't listen. I'll show you already underneath my bed urban rail transportation system and teach this knuckle heads how to execute real time projects from start to finish with increased capacity.
Learn to spot APC stooges when you see one and do not entertain them because they will sell their mother and father to praise this government..
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Burgerlomo: 8:55am On Jan 20, 2021
samwillyco1:
Another way to loot and make more citizens to suffer. After demolition of the houses the project would not be completed in the next few years

1 Like

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Fixey: 8:58am On Jan 20, 2021
2sexycom:
Learn to spot APC stooges when you see one and do not entertain them because they will sell their mother and father to praise this government..

. Smiles. That's true
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Fixey: 8:59am On Jan 20, 2021
mapet:

I think they were trying to report estimated number of passengers per day (ridership) and not trips. It is an imperative for the existing traffic congestion in metropolitan areas. London Underground had been moving over 1-3million a day since the early 2000. Currently Lagos roads are congested with over 1million vehicles and we probably have over 5million people on the roads

A mono rail and medieval trains can't move 100,000 a day let alone 1 Million is what I'm saying. Be it trips, be it passengers. Be it to and fro counted separately.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

And you must think I don't know all of this
So a train with medium speed capacity will pickup and drop passengers every 10 minutes and it'll be 10000 persons. Wake up my dear.

Go do your home work first on trains and the capacity they can carry based on the rail designs before you attempt giving this lack lustre speech

Bla Bla Bla. At peak a train will make 1 Million trips in a day. Deceive yourself

Smh. Nigerians and gullibility are 5 and 6

Continue to deceive yourself with baseless optimism. Reality will hit you hard with such skewed mindset

You are not very analytical. No critical thinking in your submission, you exposed your ineptitude on transportation engineering analysis. The other man only drew your attention to some hidden metrics.

Agreed one million per day s not possible for now, what about in future? How many passengers move from Oyingbo to Agbado at peak period now despite very low patronage ? In the late 80's up to mid 90's under Brigadier Stephen Ikya (rtd) as director of Federal Urban Mass Transit Scheme, both Federal and Lagos State Ferry Services were moving thousands of passengers daily on CMS -Apapa -mile 2 routes. The boats were highly inadequate to meet the demand of people, some people were forced out of frustration to leave the jetty to board buses. That was in the 90s until the system failed.

A train can move 5,000 at peak period in one direction making it 10,000 on both directions depending on acceptability of the services to the masses. It now depends on the number of train and the timing and service level or quality of service. Considering the routes, If the services would be stable, passengers along the routes can make 20,000 achievable on both directions per trip at peak period, but one million per day is not possible .

My question to Sanwoolu and the political contractors is about the LAMATA rail project started by Fashola but abandoned. The CMS, Orile, Mile 2, Seme project should be a major focal point of this administration and waste management system.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Fixey: 9:01am On Jan 20, 2021
babaolofin:

You are not very analytical. No critical thinking in your submission, you exposed your ineptitude on transportation engineering analysis.

Agreed one million per day s not possible for now, what about in future? How many passengers move from Oyingbo to Agbado at peak period now despite very low patronage ? In the late 80's up to mid 90's under Brigadier John Ikiya (rtd) as director of Federal Urban Mass Transit Scheme, both Federal and Lagos State Ferry Services were moving thousands of passengers daily on CMS -Apapa -mile 2 routes. The boats were highly inadequate to meet the demand of people, some people were forced out of frustration to leave the jetty to board buses. That was in the 90s until the system failed.

A train can move 5,000 at peak period in one direction making it 10,000 on both directions depending on acceptability of the services to the masses. It now depends on the number of train and the timing and service level or quality of service. Considering the routes, If the services would be stable, passengers along the routes can make 20,000 achievable on both directions per trip at peak period, but one million per day is not possible .

My question to Sanwoolu and the political contractors is about the LAMATA rail project started by Fashola but abandoned. The CMS, Orile, Mile 2, Seme project should be a major focal point of this administration and waste management system.

Smiles and you're the one with the critical analysis in yours

Oya. Let's debate engineering. I need you to spell out here how a slow moving 5000 passenger train on mono rail even with to and fro trips would equate 1 Million trips a day clout chaser

Work the maths. I'm all ears
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 20, 2021
bigfish3k:

Don't mind them
Thats how they have also been increasing nigeria population with mouth every six months without any mathematical evidence

I heard its now 210 million. Mtchew
I get irritated anytime I hear those figures

I will only believe that figure after a proper census is conducted

Even if the census is conducted, they'd still tell us lies!
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

Oya. Let's debate engineering. I need you to spell out here how a slow moving 5000 passenger train on mono rail even with to and fro trips would equate 1 Million trips a day clout chaser

Brother, I told you 1 million per day is not possible for now. LAMATA may be talking about combined capacity including CMS Seme routes when completed.

Also, they are not using one train. Considering the large number of people I see at Yaba, Ikeja and Agege and free passengers sitting on top of moving train, I believed a well conceived and planned light rail system would win the confidence of people in a traffic congested city such as Lagos for higher patronage.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Fixey: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2021
babaolofin:

Brother, I told you 1 million per day is not possible for now. LAMATA may be talking about combined capacity including CMS Seme routes when completed.

Also, they are not using one train. Considering the large number of people I see at Yaba, Ikeja and Agege and free passengers sitting on top of moving train, I believed a well conceived and planned light rail system would win the confidence of people in a traffic congested city such as Lagos for higher patronage.

1 Million a day is never possible with the rails and track system employed. Please it's daytime. I'm busy with work. You can continue with your unsubstantive optimism. Japanese supersonic trains and rails need multiple rails and top performance to make 2 Million a day and with the 100 years behind technology you're arguing 1 Million a day. Please go do your research on trains first or better still don't delve in issues beyond you.

Good day
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by princeade86(m): 9:25am On Jan 20, 2021
ThatCEO:

The figures are not necessarily inflated, n u made your comments based on ur own level of exposure.

5000 people in one direction. The train capacity might actually be 2500 people. But people will drop n enter on d way. Which means 5k people on a 37km trip is very possible.

A train leaves every 10 minutes as in other climes. That's 30, 000 people per hour from ogun to lag.

In the other direction, another 30,000 people leaves from Lagos towards ogun. That's 60k people in both directions per hour.

If the train operate at peak hours for 18 hours per day. That's 1.08M people per day.

At peak operation, the train can indeed transport 1M people per day especially ina populated place like lag.

Saig, uniquetechng, ecomalchemist, princeade86, udemzyudex
not in Lagos that i know. i want u to know that people using train in Lagos only use it in the morning and evening when they are resuming and closing. and these people staying around Ogun state mostly. also, remember they always have departure time.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

1 Million a day is never possible with the rails and track system employed. Please it's daytime. I'm busy with work. You can continue with your unsubstantive optimism. Japanese supersonic trains and rails need multiple rails and top performance to make 2 Million a day and with the 100 years behind technology you're arguing 1 Million a day. Please go do your research on trains first or better still don't delve in issues beyond you.

Good day

Agreed.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2021
Cutiekatty:

Then let the government construct one from Lagos to gombe.

By Now there should be a rail line from Kaduna to Onitsha,Lagos and PH to make business way easier, since the roads are no longer safe. We need such long distance rail lines to be built in this country. I don't like buhari or APC but in terms of transportation they have tried more than any government in the past (opinion) but they can do better.
Where you want make FG see money for bullet train grin

If past government have been constructing rail roads no matter how small, all the state would have been connected by now

1 Like

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

And you must think I don't know all of this
So a train with medium speed capacity will pickup and drop passengers every 10 minutes and it'll be 10000 persons. Wake up my dear.

Go do your home work first on trains and the capacity they can carry based on the rail designs before[b] you attempt giving this lack lustre speech [/b]

Bla Bla Bla. At peak a train will make 1 Million trips in a day. Deceive yourself

Smh. Nigerians and gullibility are 5 and 6

Continue to deceive yourself with baseless optimism. Reality will hit you hard with such skewed mindset

It won't hurt you to respectfully acknowledge his points while countering as well. I don't understand why some of you Guys need to be so rude.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Shugar1: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

Good day

Instead of telling others they dont know what they are saying. Tell us the capacity u think the rail can achieve in a day based on the infrastructure they have in ground. No of trips, passenger per trip. What rail system u think is best for lagosians.
Las las na learn everybody wan learn.
1 million might be too much but considering our population, who knows. My thought tho
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by vikstandon(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2021
udemzyudex:

Let's work with work? you just assume figures and you say let's work with it? why not use the stats you have at hand, go to train station and get your stats then use to do whatever calculations you want.

5000 passengers per trip, you think 5000 is 500 huh?

Funny.

Hey calm down...you no know where the discuss start.
He is discrediting a figure quoted before.
Be wise and don't join or jump into discuss without first getting facts right.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by guychidile: 10:32am On Jan 20, 2021
hmm
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by candygist: 10:47am On Jan 20, 2021
BabaOwen:
We don't need a bullet train for such a short journey.

Just like your govt. You are dull.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 20, 2021
candygist:

Just like your govt. You are dull.
Please, I don't like it when foolish people quote me.

Thank you.

I won't be reading any of your dumb comments again not to talk of replying.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by faithfull18(f): 11:06am On Jan 20, 2021
How do the tenants know the buildings that will be affected as these Lagos landlords are heartless and would keep collecting rent up to the demolition date.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by habsydiamond(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2021
Deserea:
What is this one saying
if u don't get what am saying... I will join stingy men association because of you.. So that I can see what I can do about ur case.

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Mariory(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

It is not a monorail. Perhaps this is were you are confusing yourself?
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by habsydiamond(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2021
BabaOwen:
Which kin senseless talk be this undecided
baba owen Hargreaves... I am only catching fun oo.. Cos with way this country is going if u are not catching fun what else will u catch... I will see what I can do concerning ur case too

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Fixey: 11:24am On Jan 20, 2021
Mariory:

It is not a monorail. Perhaps this is were you are confusing yourself?

Mono, light, dual once it's not super sonic you will never have even 500,000 a day. Work the maths. I'm at work. Abeg

1 Like

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by IamHonourable1: 11:48am On Jan 20, 2021
habsydiamond:
That train must be very cheap for one million people to board it daily.. Wetin I Sabi sef... I wan go do amebo as she dey call her boyfriend.. grin

You are funny ��
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by mapet: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

A mono rail and medieval trains can't move 100,000 a day let alone 1 Million is what I'm saying. Be it trips, be it passengers. Be it to and fro counted separately.
Is Lagos rail Mono Rail?
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by udemzyudex(m): 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2021
vikstandon:

Hey calm down...you no know where the discuss start.
He is discrediting a figure quoted before.
Be wise and don't join or jump into discuss without first getting facts right.

Lol.. na you just jump enter wetin you no even know as e take start and you dey here dey tell me say I no know as the discussion take start?

Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by udemzyudex(m): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
princeade86:
not in Lagos that i know. i want u to know that people using train in Lagos only use it in the morning and evening when they are resuming and closing. and these people staying around Ogun state mostly. also, remember they always have departure time.

Lol.. he thinks it's just about churning out figures here and there.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by tonyashburton: 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

The carrying capacity of a train is dependent on the horsepower produced by the locomotive engine,the number of passenger coaches drawn by the engine and frequency of the train's schedule.So yes one million passengers per day can be transported.
We don't need any bullet train for the short distances that are proposed.They are more suited for connecting two large metropolitan areas or cities like Lagos-Benin or Abuja-Jos.

Many advanced Japanese rails transmutes around 2 Million a day and are way more advanced than that. We're using range of trains that is ten times below the standard in modern rails and we're quick to attribute figures for trains that are not bullet trains or super sonic speed trains. It's pure lies. Nigerians don't make such research so they don't know. This one didn't get past me cause I study these innovations regularly to know it's a lie just seeing that part.
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by Obdk: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2021
TroubleMaker47:

Besides a massive ship, there is no transportation meduim that can move 5000 people per trip!!!
Not bus, not train, not plane!

This is why d guy said 5000..

Nigeria overload thr train... Go to ikeja along and see

Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by princeade86(m): 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
udemzyudex:

Lol.. he thinks it's just about churning out figures here and there.
i wonder o
Re: Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition by samdunzo: 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
Fixey:

Many advanced Japanese rails transmutes around 2 Million a day and are way more advanced than that. We're using range of trains that is ten times below the standard in modern rails and we're quick to attribute figures for trains that are not bullet trains or super sonic speed trains. It's pure lies. Nigerians don't make such research so they don't know. This one didn't get past me cause I study these innovations regularly to know it's a lie just seeing that part.

I think you're referring to commuter rail... the Lagos rail project is a intercity rail system. Like the NYC Subway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun / Corinthians Furniture: Dealers In " Home Furniture, Kitchen Cabinet, Wardrobes!! / These Properties Are Available For Sale In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.