Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All (2268 Views)

12-year-old Girl Carries Pregnant Mother In Labor To The Hospital Across Lake / 21 Universities That Offer Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 2:12am On Jan 20, 2021
there have been a lot of chaos and hatred when it comes to laboratory medicine especially when alot of scientists claim they are all trained to man the laboratory this is the bitter truth anyone who wants to work in the hospital laboratory should pick up a jamb form or a d.e form the so called microbiologist and biochemist are all ranting in different platforms that the mlscn are bitten more than they can chew let me take it from a competition wise aspect in the various departments of microbiology and biochemistry keeps churning out thousands of graduands every year without they pour a lot of graduands from all the universities in the country at the end 80% of them wants to work in the hospital and you expect mlscientist to fold hands and see you people ruin their careers because of improper planning from your failed council nooooooo and never the mlscn are checking the number of graduands they churn out everywhere they have quota for each accredited schools but you guys are admitted in thousands and you all are churned out as graduates at the end you all wants to work in the few hospital laboratory in the country the MLS guys are just guarding their territory same way doctors are having a firm hold to their profession also same thing goes to those lazy SLT guys who confused themselves as MLS when they start offering small biochemistry and microbiology course they will claim to know more than the MLS guys they will be like we can work anywhere since you guys can work anywhere why are you all killing yourselves for the hospital laboratory while not take that your versatility to other sectors and prove your worth even the doctors are seeing the laboratory as a place of rest thanks to God you guys have been shown the door every low living quacks wants to control the hospital laboratory if you want to study microbiology or biochemistry or SLT do so but don't dream of the hospital laboratory if you wanna work in the hospital laboratory you know the process no short cuts and for those posing as MLS one day the law will catch up to you the college of medicine is meant to train health professionals and any professional not trained in the college should stop dreaming of the hospital talking much of the lab you all have termed MLS as a shallow restricting course we accept but why is it that at the end of your graduation you wanna follow the shallow path as far the hospital laboratory is concerned MLS will forever be in charge not even doctors can dare come close so I will advise you all who see the hospital laboratory as a resting place to follow the process to become mlscientist else stay away from it and stop beefing

1 Like

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by kalu61(m): 4:29am On Jan 20, 2021
Stop ranting.

Nigeria has a failed education system that churn out relatively few useful graduates from all field.

You don't threaten Microbiologist or Biochemist to run away from hospitals because you can't secure a place in the hospital environment.

I'm a microbiologist, did my I.T in laboratory settings. After service year, l did work in Medical laboratory until l left for my second degree where l worked in University Molecular Laboratory as a contract staff.

ls one thing is to have knowledge of the theory and it's another to have the practical knowledge. Nigerian Universities produce theories of a graduates without practical including you that is ranting.

Countries are producing Covid 19 vaccines and drugs, where are the microbiologist, the biochemist and the so called MLS. How equip are the school laboratories where all these students that are produced. Most students have never focused a sample under the microscope.

At least, l can handle molecular equipments, extract DNA and amplify them. l can carry out virtually all basic laboratory tests in an average Nigeria laboratory. You think l got these skills by mere theories?

Look, l don't know how old you are but l will advice you to be proactive and diplomatic in your approach.

5 Likes

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by kalu61(m): 4:34am On Jan 20, 2021
FBB100:
there have been a lot of chaos and hatred when it comes to laboratory medicine especially when alot of scientists claim they are all trained to man the laboratory this is the bitter truth anyone who wants to work in the hospital laboratory should pick up a jamb form or a d.e form the so called microbiologist and biochemist are all ranting in different platforms that the mlscn are bitten more than they can chew let me take it from a competition wise aspect in the various departments of microbiology and biochemistry keeps churning out thousands of graduands every year without they pour a lot of graduands from all the universities in the country at the end 80% of them wants to work in the hospital and you expect mlscientist to fold hands and see you people ruin their careers because of improper planning from your failed council nooooooo and never the mlscn are checking the number of graduands they churn out everywhere they have quota for each accredited schools but you guys are admitted in thousands and you all are churned out as graduates at the end you all wants to work in the few hospital laboratory in the country the MLS guys are just guarding their territory same way doctors are having a firm hold to their profession also same thing goes to those lazy SLT guys who confused themselves as MLS when they start offering small biochemistry and microbiology course they will claim to know more than the MLS guys they will be like we can work anywhere since you guys can work anywhere why are you all killing yourselves for the hospital laboratory while not take that your versatility to other sectors and prove your worth even the doctors are seeing the laboratory as a place of rest thanks to God you guys have been shown the door every low living quacks wants to control the hospital laboratory if you want to study microbiology or biochemistry or SLT do so but don't dream of the hospital laboratory if you wanna work in the hospital laboratory you know the process no short cuts and for those posing as MLS one day the law will catch up to you the college of medicine is meant to train health professionals and any professional not trained in the college should stop dreaming of the hospital talking much of the lab you all have termed MLS as a shallow restricting course we accept but why is it that at the end of your graduation you wanna follow the shallow path as far the hospital laboratory is concerned MLS will forever be in charge not even doctors can dare come close so I will advise you all who see the hospital laboratory as a resting place to follow the process to become mlscientist else stay away from it and stop beefing
Are you a graduate?

If yes, you are a disgrace to Nigerian graduates.

Just to compose your thought in simple English is very difficult for you to do. Now, imagine the type of MLS you are.

An average primary 6 pupils will do far better.

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by Zeeknow3245(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2021
here you are complaining of biochemist,microbiologist and SLT. You've forgotten when your stupid union was fighting with Pathologist? Saying Pathologist don't belong to the labgringrin. You now give licences.
You are just a disgruntled mlscn boy. Get out jare.
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by samuelpeters(m): 10:08am On Jan 20, 2021
FBB100:
Jeez!
No punctuation!, No paragraph!
What kind of a graduate are you.

Please edit this post and make it presentable.

©️2021.
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

Jeez!

©️2021.
Boss you remember this same attitude of hate. The guy is a disgruntled lab Scientist.
When did MLS start sef? They are fighting everybody
*Pathologist the head
*Biochemists
*Microbiologist
*SLT
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by samuelpeters(m): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2021
kalu61:
Stop ranting.

Nigeria has a fail education system that churn out relatively few useful graduates from all field.

You don't threaten Microbiologist or Biochemist to run away from hospitals because you can't secure a place in the hospital environment.

I'm a microbiologist, did my I.T in laboratory settings. After service year, l did work in Medical laboratory until l left for my second degree where l worked in University Molecular Laboratory as a contract staff.

ls one thing is to have knowledge of the theory and it's another to have the practical knowledge. Nigerian Universities produce theories of a graduates without practical including you that is ranting.

Countries are producing Covid 19 vaccines and drugs, where are the microbiologist, the biochemist and the so called MLS. How equip are the school laboratories where all these students are produced. Student that has never focused a sample under the microscope.

At least l can handle molecular equipments, extract DNA and amplify them. l can carry out virtually all basic laboratory tests in an average Nigeria laboratories. You think l got these skills by mere theories?

Look, l don't know how old you are but l will advice you to be proactive and diplomatic in your approach.
Guy, Medical professional courses do not churn out graduates with only theory. I'm sure you know this.

Though what the guy typed up there was an eye sore. I couldn't read it.

But I know every profession is trying to protect their own. We all know MCB and BCH do not have the requisite knowledge to man a Medical Laboratory. That is the plain truth!

I'm sure you did your IT in a private establishment that could only run simple to moderate tests. Something Medical technicians would do without blinking. MLS is way beyond that.

In all, Find happiness In whatever you do.

©️2021.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by samuelpeters(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Boss you remember this same attitude of hate. The guy is a disgruntled lab Scientist.
*Pathologist the head
*Biochemists
*Microbiologist
*SLT
He's only protecting his own. grin
MedLab started way back to 60s but was only updated to a higher level cadre in 2003.

Biological sciences are the ones fighting MLS because MLS cuts across those professions and those professions always feel their calling is in the Laboratory.

Pathologist vs MLS is more of superiority. While biological sciences are just people that want to cut corners.

©️2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by kalu61(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

Guy, Medical professional courses do not churn out graduates with only theory. I'm sure you know this.

Though what the guy typed up there was an eye sore. I couldn't read it.

But I know every profession is trying to protect their own. We all know MCB and BCH do not have the requisite knowledge to man a Medical Laboratory. That is the plain truth!

I'm sure you did your IT in a private establishment that could only run simple to moderate tests. Something Medical technicians would do without blinking. MLS is way beyond that.

In all, Find happiness In whatever you do.

©️2021.

I totally agree with you that MCB and BCM churn out unimaginable numbers yearly. That's fact. They can't man a standard lab. That's fact.

lf you say MLS are well equipped, tell me where they got equiped. ls it from our furnished school laboratories across the country or our hospitals?

MLS is broad in the sense that it's encompasses BCM to MBC and biological sciences but not specialized like the above courses.

How deep is the knowledge of MLS in Bacteriology, Virology, immunology, Mycology, biotechnology, Toxicology and other BCM sub areas?

ln life there will also be competition, niche specialization and displacement.

MLS should present their certificate to hospitals and get employed but not ranting that hospitals should be left for them.

In developed world, hospital laboratory has sub units with different specializations. You can't be a pathologist and Mycologist at the same time while also answering a Virologists. Remember it's doesn't stop with diagnosis but also research as well as lecturing.

1 Like

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by samuelpeters(m): 11:56am On Jan 20, 2021
kalu61:

I totally agree with you that MCB and BCM churn out unimaginable numbers yearly. That's fact. They can't man a standard lab. That's fact.

lf you say MLS are well equipped, tell me where they got equiped. ls it from our furnished school laboratories across the country or our hospitals?

MLS is broad in the sense that it's encompasses BCM to MBC and biological sciences but not specialized like the above courses.

How deep is the knowledge of MLS in Bacteriology, Virology, immunology, Mycology, biotechnology, Toxicology and other BCM sub areas?

ln life there will also be competition, niche specialization and displacement.

MLS should present their certificate to hospitals and get employed but not ranting that hospitals should be left for them.

In developed world, hospital laboratory has sub units with different specializations. You can't be a pathologist and Mycologist at the same time while also answering a Virologists. Remember it's doesn't stop with diagnosis but also research as well as lecturing.
Based on Nigerian standard, they are equipped as much as they could be. More than MCB and BCH.

I always try as much as possible to correct the notion that MLS encompasses BCH and MCB. MLS only cuts across the Medical aspect of those courses.
So as far as Medical MCB and BCH is concerned, MLS beats them hands down. How many crash courses did MCB and BCH do in their 4 years study. How many practicals, were they assessed, which Teaching hospital assessed their competency. Did they have any knowledge about Anatomy, physiology and Pharmacology?

Sir, MLS is only interested in MICRO-ORGANISMs that are Medically important. Same with BCH, they are only interested in Biochemical substances that are Medically important.
So they are far more knowledgeable in the medical aspect of virology, mycology, toxicology, immunology and biotechnology.

BCH and MCB have advantage in the sense that those courses are general. They do not have deep enough knowledge about those different areas until postgraduate.

The point is; In the hospital, as far as diagnosis go, The different sub-units are all filled with Pathologists and MLS. Because we have those that have specialized in different areas.
Example:I could be a Pathologist with bias in Virologist. Another pathologist could be a Mycologist same with MLS with bias in virology and mycology. But the fundamentals is that; They are Doctors and MLS.

Research is for everybody.Any scholar can do research and work in research institutes etal MLS,BCH,MCB, Doctors e.t.c.are all free to do research. Reason for M.Sc and Ph.D.
Same with lecturing.

The law is already there, that prevents others from working in the hospital except they have the requisite knowledge. BCH and MCB should advocate for MLSCN to uplift the ban in training biological sciences to man a Laboratory. Laboratory goes beyond thypiod and malaria test.
Put a MCB or BCH in a Reception to collect specimen from Human and see them fumble.

©️2021.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
kalu61:
Stop ranting.

Nigeria has a fail education system that churn out relatively few useful graduates from all field.

Countries are producing Covid 19 vaccines and drugs, where are the microbiologist, the biochemist and the so called MLS. How equip are the school laboratories where all these students are produced. Student that has never focused a sample under the microscope.

At least l can handle molecular equipments, extract DNA and amplify them. l can carry out virtually all basic laboratory tests in an average Nigeria laboratories. You think l got these skills by mere theories?

I don't know where you get the notion that MLS are not trained well but let me assert it, you can come back to work in the hospital laboratory again.nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by BIGPREEQ: 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lol, OP I share your sentiment. But you should blame your hospital MDs, Laboratory HOD and employers in general for always wanting to cut cost by employing other personnels of different fields in the laboratory simply because they take lesser pay.
Working in the hospital laboratory as a non MLScientist I can tell you that the practical aspect of their work is very easy and can be done by any trained personnel who never went to medical school, provided he/she has basic medical knowledge. You know I'm saying the truth grin
So instead of ranting on Nairaland, you should hold your employers and your council for being docile in implementing their laws because there are laws that forbids other field from being in the lab
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by BIGPREEQ: 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
If you're complaining about your jobs being taken away from you, what will you say about the pharmacist whose job is being taken by auxiliary/registered nurses, pharmacologist, road side Chemist, patent drug dealers, anybody from any field including lawyers gann??
It all boils down to our various council for being redundant about fighting all this and upholding the profession with high esteem

1 Like

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by kalu61(m): 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
FBB100:

I don't know where you get the notion that MLS are not trained well but let me assert it, you can come back to work in the hospital laboratory again.nonsense

Since you know l can't work in a hospital laboratory, what's the point of your ranting.

Microbiologist and others will continue to work and learn from hospitals and laboratories across the country. It's about connection and skill.

Two of my lecturers own laboratory. Both Medical and research combined.

There is nothing you can do. Let me bubble you. A bill is already in National Assembly to make MCB practice with professionalization. The fight is still there.

l'm done with you.

Bye
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by kalu61(m): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

Based on Nigerian standard, they are equipped as much as they could be. More than MCB and BCH.

I always try as much as possible to correct the notion that MLS encompasses BCH and MCB. MLS only cuts across the Medical aspect of those courses.
So as far as Medical MCB and BCH is concerned, MLS beats them hands down. How many crash courses did MCB and BCH do in their 4 years study. How many practicals, were they assessed, which Teaching hospital assessed their competency. Did they have any knowledge about Anatomy, physiology and Pharmacology?

Sir, MLS is only interested in MICRO-ORGANISMs that are Medically important. Same with BCH, they are only interested in Biochemical substances that are Medically important.
So they are far more knowledgeable in the medical aspect of virology, mycology, toxicology, immunology and biotechnology.

BCH and MCB have advantage in the sense that those courses are general. They do not have deep enough knowledge about those different areas until postgraduate.

The point is; In the hospital, as far as diagnosis go, The different sub-units are all filled with Pathologists and MLS. Because we have those that have specialized in different areas.
Example:I could be a Pathologist with bias in Virologist. Another pathologist could be a Mycologist same with MLS with bias in virology and mycology. But the fundamentals is that; They are Doctors and MLS.

Research is for everybody.Any scholar can do research and work in research institutes etal MLS,BCH,MCB, Doctors e.t.c.are all free to do research. Reason for M.Sc and Ph.D.
Same with lecturing.

The law is already there, that prevents others from working in the hospital except they have the requisite knowledge. BCH and MCB should advocate for MLSCN to uplift the ban in training biological sciences to man a Laboratory. Laboratory goes beyond thypiod and malaria test.
Put a MCB or BCH in a Reception to collect specimen from Human and see them fumble.

©️2021.
Is alright
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by samuelpeters(m): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
kalu61:

Since you know l can't work in a hospital laboratory, what's the point of your ranting.

Microbiologist and others will continue to work and learn from hospitals and laboratories across the country. It's about connection and skill.

There is nothing you can do. Let me bubble you. A bill is already in National Assembly to make MCB practice with professionalization. The fight is still there.

l'm done with you.

Bye
What he's saying is normal.
Doctors also complain, pharmacists complain, Nurses complain too.
It's just an awareness.

That bill has been in the NASS since far back as 2010. Nothing will happen! It has always bounced back.
Our associations are not strong willed.

I don't have any problem with BCH/MCB working in the Laboratory provided they are trained and certified( that was the practice before). They should advocate for that. But I also see reasons why MLS is unwilling to embrace them. Almost all universities have BCH and MCB.

All my MLS friends are not even afraid of BCH/MCB because they know BCH/MCB are not even up to their technicians much less MLS.

Connections or not, in a standard establishment, BCH/MCB cannot work in a Medical Laboratory as a scientist. Some of you think they don't have other professionals in the Lab aside MLS.

©️2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by samuelpeters(m): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
BIGPREEQ:
Lol, OP I share your sentiment. But you should blame your hospital MDs, Laboratory HOD and employers in general for always wanting to cut cost by employing other personnels of different fields in the laboratory simply because they take lesser pay.
Working in the hospital laboratory as a non MLScientist I can tell you that the practical aspect of their work is very easy and can be done by any trained personnel who never went to medical school, provided he/she has basic medical knowledge. You know I'm saying the truth grin
So instead of ranting on Nairaland, you should hold your employers and your council for being docile in implementing their laws because there are laws that forbids other field from being in the lab
You are saying Nonsense!
I'm sure you are working in a private hospital Laboratory that carries out simple to moderate tests. If you are working in a secondary or tertiary hospitals, you wouldn't say these things. You think MLS ends with malaria and thypiod
It's like saying Chemist can do what a pharmacist can do because the former knows basic in drugs.

If you think you can carry out test or you know more about tests; I will list 100 tests now that you know nothing about and it's being done by Pathologists and Scientists in the various tertiary hospitals. Except you want to tell me any dick,tom and harry can do what Pathologists with 6yrs+1yr+1yr+3-5yrs did or MLS with 5yrs+1yr+1yr did. grin grin

I'm a graduate of MCB, did my IT in a Lab and NYSC in a Lab,still working in the university Teaching hospital and also a medical student right now. So I know what I'm saying.

The only place BCH/MCB can successfully shadow a scientist will always be in private practice that mainly operate MCB/Haematology units with moderate tests.
We all know why it is like that; grin

I always stand for the truth.

©️2021.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by BIGPREEQ: 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

You are saying Nonsense!
I'm sure you are working in a private hospital Laboratory that carries out simple to moderate tests. If you are working in a secondary or tertiary hospitals, you wouldn't say these things. You think MLS ends with malaria and thypiod
It's like saying Chemist can do what a pharmacist can do because the former knows basic in drugs.

If you think you can carry out test or you know more about tests; I will list 100 tests now that you know nothing about and it's being done by Pathologists and Scientists in the various tertiary hospitals. Except you want to tell me any dick,tom and harry can do what Pathologists with 6yrs+1yr+1yr+3-5yrs did or MLS with 5yrs+1yr+1yr did. grin grin

I'm a graduate of MCB, did my IT in a Lab and NYSC in a Lab,still working in the university Teaching hospital and also a medical student right now. So I know what I'm saying.

The only place BCH/MCB can successfully shadow a scientist will always be in private practice that mainly operate MCB/Haematology units with moderate tests.
We all know why it is like that; grin

I always stand for the truth.

©️2021.

All those 100 test you're about to list
How many patient perform those test?
Most hospitals include the Govt hospitals perform common routine test that are done for most patient which cut across the hematology, MCB and biochemistry sections

For example how many people perform an LH test?

These employers knows this and goes for cheaper labour so instead of crying like a baby hold your council and employers responsible not MCB/BCH/SLT graduate you hear?? :\
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by kalu61(m): 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

It's just an awareness.

That bill has been in the NASS since far back as 2010. Nothing will happen! It has always bounced back.

I don't have any problem with BCH/MCB working in the Laboratory provided they are trained and certified( that was the practice before). They should advocate for that. But I also see reasons why MLS is unwilling to embrace them. Almost all universities have BCH and MCB.

All my MLS friends are not even afraid of BCH/MCB because they know BCH/MCB are not even up to their technicians much less MLS.

Connections or not, in a standard establishment, BCH/MCB cannot work in a Medical Laboratory as a scientist. Some of you think they don't have other professionals in the Lab aside MLS.

©️2021.
Is alright. Enjoy

Last last, we all will survive.
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by samuelpeters(m): 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2021
BIGPREEQ:

Most hospitals include the Govt hospitals perform common routine test that are done for most patient which cut across the hematology, MCB and biochemistry sections

These employers knows this and goes for cheaper labour so instead of crying like a baby hold your council and employers responsible not MCB/BCH/SLT graduate you hear?? :\
Hahahaha!
You are asking me how many people do LH test?
Of course some tests will surely be routine. But we have more specialized tests done in our tertiary hospitals and some 4/5 star rated private establishments. Like I said, visit a tertiary hospital to learn more. Not some road side hospital that treat only thypiod and malaria.

Who are the employers? grin
A MLSt can never settle for a 2 star Lab that would be running only MCB/Heam routine tests with a meagre 20-40k salary? grin
Mind you, majority of these employers are still MLS themselves or with their Licence. So no think am cheesy
After Internship and NYSC, most MLS are already well to do. You can never find them jobless or crying up and down.

Na still the same BCH/MCB/SLT still de open thread up and down wailing on how MLSCN has been treating them since the discontinuation of Associate degree.
Na through their wailing I take know about MLS sef...

If MLS wn wail na Pathologists be their problem not some people that felt the Lab is their calling. grin

©️2021.
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
kalu61:
Are you a graduate?

If yes, you are a disgrace to Nigerian graduates.

Just to compose your thought in simple English is very difficult for you to do. Now, imagine the type of MLS you are.

An average primary 6 pupils will do far better.

Tufiakwa.
you are really dumb to say this. I wrote my waec and neco myself and i can beat my chest to tell you that I wrote my essay in English Language myself.Moreover I don't have much to say to you since you believe someone can graduate without knowing the meaning of punctuation.Tweh
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

Jeez!

©️2021.
I wrote it late so I couldn't organise it properly.When I am less busy, I will edit it
Thanks
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

*Pathologist the head
*Biochemists
*Microbiologist
*SLT
no one is hating here rather you are the disgruntled lab scientist here
To set you straight,none of those aforementioned can lace MLS when it comes to laboratory medicine.So I will just advice you to take your pain ass out of here.As far laboratory medicine is concerned,Mls can not be under anyone.Not even the lost pathologist to the frames quacks like BCH or MCB
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
BIGPREEQ:
Please say what you know.How can you say the practical aspects of MLS is simple and can be done by any trained professional.That is quackery and those who keep doing that,the law will cut up to them soon
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
BIGPREEQ:
If you're complaining about your jobs being taken away from you, what will you say about the pharmacist whose job is being taken by auxiliary/registered nurses, pharmacologist, road side Chemist, patent drug dealers, anybody from any field including lawyers gann??
It all boils down to our various council for being redundant about fighting all this and upholding the profession with high esteem
Because the councils of medical sciences are not so active every churned out graduate wants to man the hospital laboratory.That is quackery and when we try to them,they keep spitting trash. Those trained in the college of medicine alone should be allowed to control anything medicine.They can't even try this nonsense outside Nigeria.Not even in Ghana

1 Like

Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
BIGPREEQ:

I have actually followed your argument.. For the sake of peace
If you are not licensed and certified by the professional bodies in field of medicine please you are not permitted to handle patients at all.. MCB/BCH can work as scientific officer in the hospital. And please don't equate them to MLS OR PATHOLOGIST OR PHARMACIST.

IF YOU WANT TO BE A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER PLEASE GET JAMB FORM AND APPLY OR BETTER, DIRECT ENTRY WILL BE YOUR BEST BET.. AND YOU START FROM YR 2 TO LEARN BASIC MEDICINE AND PROCEED TO HIGHER LEVEL.

Even basic medical science graduates don't compete or rob shoulders with medical professionals.. Please be guided. If your not licensed, don't handle any patient before you will get yourself in trouble. Or you will be arrested and prosecuted for quackery.
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
kalu61:

l'm done with you.

Bye
You guys will never be allowed to man a medical laboratory no matter the bill.And for those your lecturers endangering the lives of Nigeria,the law will soon catch up to him and that connection will fail him.Thank you.
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
FBB100:

Because the councils of medical sciences are not so active every churned out graduate wants to man the hospital laboratory.That is quackery and when we try to them,they keep spitting trash. Those trained in the college of medicine alone should be allowed to control anything medicine.They can't even try this nonsense outside Nigeria.Not even in Ghana
100% truth.
Try to practice in Ghana without certification and licensing and get yourself a jail time.
Nigeria everything goes anyhow..
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

It's just an awareness.

©️2021.
I too don't have much problem with them.But they should stop those rubbish talks of saying MLS are new guys and should not be doing what they are trained for.Moreover our lives are involved,this guys are numerous and that makes it impossible for proper training of this guy,so they shouldn't be allowed to diagnose human being.They have a lot of branches which they can venture into.They should learn to respect the law and humanity at large
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
FBB100:

no one is hating here rather you are the disgruntled lab scientist here
To set you straight,none of those aforementioned can lace MLS when it comes to laboratory medicine.So I will just advice you to take your pain ass out of here.As far laboratory medicine is concerned,Mls can not be under anyone.Not even the lost pathologist to the frames quacks like BCH or MCB
If it was BCH and MCB you are doing igberaga for I go understand. But Pathologist? You know in the US they are given licences by ASCP. So just wail in your sifia painsgrin
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
FBB100:

I too don't have much problem with them.But they should stop those rubbish talks of saying MLS are new guys and should not be doing what they are trained for.Moreover our lives are involved,this guys are numerous and that makes it impossible for proper training of this guy,so they shouldn't be allowed to diagnose human being.They have a lot of branches which they can venture into.They should learn to respect the law and humanity at large
Where was MLS carved out from?grin. Nigeria get wahala sef. Dem create Radiography but dem dey beef Radiologists. Dem create MLS dem dey beef Pathologist.
Disgruntled individual.
Re: The Hospital Laboratory Is Not For All by FBB100(m): 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cptflint:

I have actually followed your argument.. For the sake of peace
If you are not licensed and certified by the professional bodies in field of medicine please you are not permitted to handle patients at all.. MCB/BCH can work as scientific officer in the hospital. And please don't equate them to MLS OR PATHOLOGIST OR PHARMACIST.

IF YOU WANT TO BE A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER PLEASE GET JAMB FORM AND APPLY OR BETTER, DIRECT ENTRY WILL BE YOUR BEST BET.. AND YOU START FROM YR 2 TO LEARN BASIC MEDICINE AND PROCEED TO HIGHER LEVEL.

Even basic medical science graduates don't compete or rob shoulders with medical professionals.. Please be guided. If your not licensed, don't handle any patient before you will get yourself in trouble. Or you will be arrested and prosecuted for quackery.
Please tell them.Jamb or Direct entry slots are available.They should stop trying to take short cuts because of money.Whoever wants to handle human samples should apply to any accredited college of medicine and get his or herself trained.Thanks for telling them the truth but they are too dumb to learn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ptdf Overseas Scholarship 2023/2024 / It's Saturday And I Can't Check My Jamb Result? / Naijaloaded Now Scam? You Need To Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.