Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying (29883 Views)

A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / Toyota Avalon Snatched At Gun Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
I was in a police station today to get an incident report for my accidented car, i was a bit early and had to wait till the DTO'S section was available.

While waiting i saw a familiar face , at first we didn't recognise each other because of the facemasks , but i needed fresh air and i was alone under the mango tree and took it off, that's when he recognised me.

We greeted and he informed me he came to make a report of his car that was stolen at gun point, he also mentioned that as he was there several cases of vehicles stolen at gun point had also been reported same today.

Crime is at an all time high and every one should pay close attention to personal safety and security.

Have your vehicle insured comprehensively at the prevailing replacement cost (not the Nigerian used value)

Ensure you have a tracker installed , and ensure you have a third party than can you can always call ( memorised number ) that can track and disable vehicle .

Do not stay out late with easy to sell car brands (Toyota's, lexus)

If for any reason there is an attempt to take your vehicle do not resist, it's just a car, your life is more valuable.

Most of the cars stolen had lone occupants, so it's safe to say there is safety in numbers.

May God help us all.[/color]

138 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by HottieCoach(f): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Please
Have your vehicles Insured ��
Trackers are extremely helpful too

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by DelTel(m): 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
I was in a police station today to get an incident report for my accidented car, i was a bit early and had to wait till the DTO'S section was available.

While waiting i saw a familiar face , at first we didn't recognise each other because of the facemasks , but i needed fresh air and i was alone under the mango tree and took it off, that's when he recognised me.

We greeted and he informed me he came to make a report of his car that was stolen at gun point, he also mentioned that as he was there several cases of vehicles stolen at gun point had also been reported same today.

Crime is at an all time high and every one should pay close attention to personal safety and security.

Have your vehicle insured comprehensively at the prevailing replacement cost (not the Nigerian used value)

Ensure you have a tracker installed , and ensure you have a third party than can you can always call ( memorised number ) that can track and disable vehicle .

Do not stay out late with easy to sell car brands (Toyota's, lexus)

If for any reason there is an attempt to take your vehicle do not resist, it's just a car, your life is more valuable.

Most of the cars stolen had lone occupants, so it's safe to say there is safety in numbers.

May God help us all.

Hope it is not our Benz ooo kiss

No one should ever compromise insurance on all their assets, including Life assurance policy.

5 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Kettlecorn: 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2021
It is only by the special Grace of God that Nigeria has not yet fallen into an extreme state of anarchy. A foreigner once remarked that it is amazing that you can still walk or drive around in relative safety in a country where there is extreme hunger, lack and hopelessness for a vast majority of its citizenry. "When the people shall have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich". The word rich is relative and refers to anyone that has something that someone else does not have. Could be a loaf of bread, a pair of shoes a keke or a car. May God help us all!

164 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by diportivo: 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2021
a worrisome trend

insurance is a no brainer tho

insure your cars comprehensively please

4 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Vision4God: 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
NA wa ooooo
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Veronica6532: 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
send me a WhatsApp message now

2 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nigeria case is tiring
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Bansempire: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
this Lagos nawa o

3 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Samsimple(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
may we not fall victim, Amen.

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Goldenheart(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
High demand

Toyota
Corolla
Venza
Camry
Highlander

Lexus 250, 350, RX 350

Mercedes GL350, GL 450...

owners of these vehicles should be extremely careful.

But this happening in Lagos shocked

Sometime I imagine if anyone snatch my car...If I trek front small, I will meet the person stuck in traffic. angry

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by PROFFIRE: 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
r
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by obeyizy(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
V
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by AFvckingAlpha(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by bencarson007(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
Its an everyday jamboree in Benin city... Steady snatching at gunpoint here

13 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Pochettino(f): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by GeneralPula: 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
Na wa o
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by mistercardinal(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
E be many things for this Nigeria
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by The5DME(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
i
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Rutley(m): 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
Any time I see Toyota Camry Big daddy passing by, I always feel sad because mine was stolen in front of my compound 12th of may last year....reducing me to someone plying with Byke up and down. Aye le ooooo

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Stewart883(m): 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lagos is becoming very insecure lately... All sorts of criminals now move to Lagos

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by boogietrends: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
Na wao. Take care everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOytn2waA3k
smiley

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
THE ENDSAR PROTEST AND DESTRUCTION OF POLICE INSTALLATIONS STARTED THIS MESS.

THE POLICE ARE ON LEAVE.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by IGoComotYaTeeth: 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lagos is overrated jare, these are the places you should try and avoid in Lagos at night. Ketu, Ikorodu, Mushin, Ojota, Fadeyi, Ajah, Jibowu, Mile2, Yabatech Environs, LUTH (serious death trap), Surulere, Orile, Itire and Agege.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by GeneralPula: 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
Rutley:
Any time I see Toyota Camry Big daddy passing by, I always feel sad because mine was stolen in front of my compound 12th of may last year....reducing me to someone plying with Byke up and down. Aye le ooooo

How come?
Was everybody sleeping or what?
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
true
if you are at a gunpoint please don't hesitate to give them the car cus they will still shoot u and take the car.. but some sturbborn hotheaded people will still drag the car with them as if it worth worrying more than your life.. just like how one guy was killed in my area simply because he refused to give his cellphone to the robbers, his friend was spared because he released his.. but they killed him because he was adamant..
Omo in this life if you don die u don die be that oo.. I have nothing else to say

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by bigdammyj: 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
Noted

3 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Kaypee98(m): 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
That's my fear of purchasing a car

8 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Cutehector(m): 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
The5DME:
i don't have a car yet, so e no concern me.
kai this kyn mentality is so annoying.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Enudapan: 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

About 10 Men Sitting On A Bus On A Lekki Highway / I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate / Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.