Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,426 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:13 PM

Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) (54346 Views)

Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) / Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos / Young Lady Who Survived Gas Explosion Recounts Her Ordeal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Salt06(m): 9:24am On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

grin grin grin @Kriss.

No, it isn't a camping gas. It is a local gas oven.
The oven switch is faulty and I 'thought' I found a way to tweak it before getting a replacement –a huge risk!

I didn't realise it was switched on so I kept trying to 'switch it on' and by the time I powered it with a lighter, the gas had circulated more than it should, next I heard was 'boom' and the whole object around the oven got affected. My hands hurt for about two days as though I dipped them in a freshly blended pepper mix.

Thankfully, I use a gas lighter and I didn't peep the holes(another bad habit I stopped afterwards) else, it would have been my face with the effect.

Recounting the ordeal is such a scare.

Y'all should be very careful with anything gas. It can be deadly if handled carelessly.

Thanks Poco.

May God continue to protect and preserve you dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Denique(f): 9:28am On Jan 21, 2021
Salt06:

May God continue to protect and preserve you dear.
Amen and you too. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Salt06(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2021
Clicked:

@bolded I remember when the top part(the part that connects the cylinder to the gas stove) of the gas cylinder in my house spoilt and my mum was dragging her feet to change it. All my pleas to her to replace it were met with an 'okay' at first, then nothing afterwards.

She also, had found a way to tweak it and I think money was tight around that time, but it seemed like I was the only one who realized the danger that gas posed. Maybe because I was the one doing the cooking, and mostly likely would have been the first victim in case of an explosion.

I think she only realised how serious it was when I told her, my dad and my siblings that if the gas were to explode when I was using it, that they should let me die; because I didn't think I could handle it if my face was forever scarred. That statement must have vividly painted a picture of what could happen in her mind. That was when she fixed it.

I also used to put my face to the holes when lighting the cooker but I've stopped since I realised how dangerous that was.

Sometimes trying to manage something leads to more harm than good- Spending more money and even losing what is irreplaceable. Thank God from your words, they got to understand the threat the faulty cylinder posed before something tragic happened. May you see many more fulfilling years in Jesus precious name !

1 Like

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by 99thEnemy(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:
Thank God for His healings.

Something similar almost happened to me this Sunday but the good Lord averted it. Just felt the bang on my hand but no burns whatsoever.

Glory!!!

Jesus!!! Thank God nothing serious happened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Denique(f): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

Jesus!!! Thank God nothing serious happened.

Abosi. See the way he shouted like he'd give me his face tongue

Thank youuuuu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by 99thEnemy(m): 9:54am On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

grin grin grin @Kriss.

No, it isn't a camping gas. It is a local gas oven.
The oven switch is faulty and I 'thought' I found a way to tweak it before getting a replacement –a huge risk!

I didn't realise it was switched on so I kept trying to 'switch it on' and by the time I powered it with a lighter, the gas had circulated more than it should, next I heard was 'boom' and the whole object around the oven got affected. My hands hurt for about two days as though[b] I dipped them in a freshly blended pepper mix.[/b]

Thankfully, I use a gas lighter and I didn't peep the holes(another bad habit I stopped afterwards) else, it would have been my face with the effect.

Recounting the ordeal is such a scare.

Y'all should be very careful with anything gas. It can be deadly if handled carelessly.

Thanks Poco.

Camp gas or locally constructed gas anything is my worse kitchen nightmare...

@Bolded reminds me of me chopping fresh pepper and going to pee without taking precaution. grin grin grin grin

Residual Capsaicin after I wash my hands will still show something pepper. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by 99thEnemy(m): 10:01am On Jan 21, 2021
Kriss216:

Denique, good to know nothing happened to you, thank God. What would have been the state of my health had something happened to you?

Poco, if I don’t see Denique here for 3 days, I’ll go look for her at her place of work. No guy will snatch her from me again, not even the Onions Man.

You Mean Assorted Onion Man ? grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Clicked: 10:06am On Jan 21, 2021
Salt06:

Sometimes trying to manage something leads to more harm than good- Spending more money and even losing what is irreplaceable. Thank God from your words, they got to understand the threat the faulty cylinder posed before something tragic happened. May you see many more fulfilling years in Jesus precious name !

You're so right. Thanks for the well wishes.

1 Like

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Denique(f): 10:06am On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

Camp gas or locally constructed gas anything is my worse kitchen nightmare...

@Bolded reminds me of me chopping fresh pepper and going to pee without taking precaution. grin grin grin grin

Residual Capsaicin after I wash my hands will still show something pepper. grin grin grin grin grin grin
So your lipsrsealed see pepper? shocked Did you flap to quell the pain? grin

1 Like

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by 99thEnemy(m): 10:07am On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

Abosi. See the way he shouted like he'd give me his face tongue

Thank youuuuu cheesy

You know I care kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Kriss216: 10:21am On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

You Mean Assorted Onion Man ? grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
My God will judge you.
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by 99thEnemy(m): 10:26am On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

So your lipsrsealed see pepper? shocked Did you flap to quell the pain? grin

Only cold water treatment can calm it oh! grin grin grin
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Harpyeagle(m): 10:28am On Jan 21, 2021
CalliDora1:
Where is it?

Modified

We had to ask before you uploaded pics.

Thank God for her life, that it didn't leave any scar on her face.

I've been hitting FTC back to back since ending of last year.

Oya, oga Seun, my awards. I'm waiting yuh.
Is there a cash prize for FTC??

1 Like

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Harpyeagle:

Is there a cash prize for FTC??

Lol.. i don't know really.

1 Like

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Harpyeagle(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
CalliDora1:

Lol.. i don't know really.
Pls do mention me when you find sth out grin
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
Harpyeagle:

Pls do mention me when you find sth out grin

Ok. I doubt though.
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by abduldigil(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
She's still beautiful and sexy
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Ezidimma(m): 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Her God & our God is FOREVER merciful.
Her healing was awesome
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by GindoX(m): 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
tuzle:
She even looking prettier now, thank God for her life

Nawa ooo... The op didn't post pic of her before the explosion naaw?
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Swinger60(f): 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
Bigggloadofcum:
Gas!

2018, I was in Nasarawa state when on one sunny afternoon I and everyone around heard what sounded like a bomb blast.

We looked towards the direction of the sound and the sky was black. It was as if the keeper of the Abyss had opened the gate mistakenly.

We taught maybe the dreadful terrorist group have entered the state. When we enquired, we were told a big gas plant down the road had caught fire.

Shivers enveloped everyone. We could hear people wailing, parents panicking especially those whose children had gone to school.

I have never seen such sight in my life. Chaos everywhere.

News got to us that one of my sisters was on her way back from school and... cry

She was completely roasted. But yet alive, though unconscious. I prayed to God to kill her.
The pain and anguish was unbearable when she opened her eyes.

She died the next day.

I fear gas pass woman. So many people have been unlucky. This pretty lady is among the lucky few. I am really happy for her and thank God for her life.
I feel your pain. sorry about her. may her keep resting in the LORD.
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by 99thEnemy(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

Switch faces with you while I take care of you cheesy and no, no guy snatches me from you anymore with readily available commodities as such. Maybe Benz cool

Thanks Kriss.

BENZ 911

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Denique(f): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

BENZ 911

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Wish you knew my love for vintage cars. You just shot yourself tongue
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by 99thEnemy(m): 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

Wish you knew my love for vintage cars. You just shot yourself tongue

Kriss216 , come and see how the Lord is good grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/128372_24122008001_jpgbf3e883e1e347f3795ab158cc577ce62

Another Benz, Denique my Love kiss kiss kiss kiss

this 200 will come as appetizer before the 911 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Denique(f): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/128372_24122008001_jpgbf3e883e1e347f3795ab158cc577ce62

I didn't say ariaria vintage cars o undecided
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Kriss216: 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

You really know how to treat a woman right. You got a Benz for your darling.

Denique baby, enjoy your new ride.
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by 99thEnemy(m): 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

I didn't say ariaria vintage cars o undecided

Classic but Classy I see grin

You would love a hemi powered beetle I guess
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by tuzle(m): 10:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
GindoX:

Nawa ooo... The op didn't post pic of her before the explosion naaw?
did I say she is prettier now than before the explosion
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by lebete3000: 12:38am On Jan 22, 2021
ebukajay184:
Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Photos)

A lady has taken to Twitter to narrate how she survived a terrible gas explosion three years ago while she was baking, IgbereTV reports.

According to her, on this same day in 2018, while baking she put the gas cylinder off after noticing it was on but no fire was emanating.

Immediately she put it back on, the gas cylinder exploded and she had to be rushed to the hospital.

She said she is grateful that she looks better three years after the incident and thanked everyone who has helped her in her treatment journey.

She wrote on Wednesday, January 20;

https://twitter.com/Honoure_/status/1351854034043416576?s=19

Hand made oven? Na wa oh

I just hope these camp gas I dey use no go do the same tin...na so one babe I carry put for house no sabi turn off gas. Had to check my kitchen anytime she entered to be sure the gas was off, make she no go turn person to suya...
Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by GindoX(m): 10:49am On Jan 22, 2021
tuzle:
did I say she is prettier now than before the explosion

Re: Before And After Look Of A Lady That Survived Gas Explosion 3 Years Ago (Pix) by Denique(f): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2021
Bigggloadofcum:
Gas!

2018, I was in Nasarawa state when on one sunny afternoon I and everyone around heard what sounded like a bomb blast.

We looked towards the direction of the sound and the sky was black. It was as if the keeper of the Abyss had opened the gate mistakenly.

We taught maybe the dreadful terrorist group have entered the state. When we enquired, we were told a big gas plant down the road had caught fire.

Shivers enveloped everyone. We could hear people wailing, parents panicking especially those whose children had gone to school.

I have never seen such sight in my life. Chaos everywhere.

News got to us that one of my sisters was on her way back from school and... cry

She was completely roasted. But yet alive, though unconscious. I prayed to God to kill her.
The pain and anguish was unbearable when she opened her eyes.

She died the next day.

I fear gas pass woman. So many people have been unlucky. This pretty lady is among the lucky few. I am really happy for her and thank God for her life.
Oh my! So sorry for your loss. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Precious Iwezoa: 13-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Edo (Photos) / Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.