Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo (23543 Views)

Makinde Faults Atiku’s Silence On Ibadan Explosion / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen / Ruga: List Of 11 States FG Approved For Herdsmen Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
I commend the governor for this position. It seems some people in the Southern part of the country are hell-bent on stoking ethnic tension under the pretext of insecurity. There is insecurity in every part of Nigeria, and Fulani herders are not the only ones responsible for all the crimes happening in this country. What I see happening is a scapegoating of a tribe to promote an agenda of ethnic cleansing. This cannot be allowed to stand.

I will urge my fellow igbo countrymen in particular to exercise restraint in their eagerness to incite ethnic tensions because they seem to be at the forefront of this ugly trend. I noticed they are trying to incite Yorubas to follow the same path that the fugitive Nnamdi Kanu's illegal security riff-raffs did in Ebonyi when they chased out Fulanis. Let's all be guided so as not to escalate tensions.

Nigeria belongs to all of us, and we should not set a bad precedent of evictions of non-natives on ethnic grounds, because if this is allowed to continue, it will not favour any of us.

SHUT UP!
YOU'RE IGNORANT
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Bodlyspeaking(m): 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
The thing is

This herders can't turn the whole of Nigeria into their farm or grazing apartment for their cows nah

They are just everywhere

Why na

Can't they just stay in their geographic area and graze there ni??

So, if OYO is a megacity, full of houses, skyscraper, mall and all, this herders go still carry there cows around
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by BSdetector: 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
I commend the governor for this position. It seems some people in the Southern part of the country are hell-bent on stoking ethnic tension under the pretext of insecurity. There is insecurity in every part of Nigeria, and Fulani herders are not the only ones responsible for all the crimes happening in this country. What I see happening is a scapegoating of a tribe to promote an agenda of ethnic cleansing. This cannot be allowed to stand.

I will urge my fellow igbo countrymen in particular to exercise restraint in their eagerness to incite ethnic tensions because they seem to be at the forefront of this ugly trend. I noticed they are trying to incite Yorubas to follow the same path that the fugitive Nnamdi Kanu's illegal security riff-raffs did in Ebonyi when they chased out Fulanis. Let's all be guided so as not to escalate tensions.

Nigeria belongs to all of us, and we should not set a bad precedent of evictions of non-natives on ethnic grounds, because if this is allowed to continue, it will not favour any of us.

Fvck off northern bastard, the igbos have their issues but they don't kill our mothers and fathers on the farm. Thunder strike you
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
muykem:
Wrong way to handle sensitive issues like this. In inasmuch I know where the governor is coming from, the best approach is to call Sunday igboho and others to round table for negotiation and allow them to rescind the order by themselves. The governor will soon need them when fulani unleashed full scale mayhem in oyo state.

Hmm, thy head hath wisdom in it. Lots of wisdom, for thou hath spoken well. May you be heard.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by supercase1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
AbijaJ:
Let's see if Afenifere and those hailing Akeredolu's actions eariler will chastise Makinde for his contrary position. cheesy Lailai they won't, because he's a PDP governor so they will find a duplicitous way to spin things in his favour. Imagine if it was an APC governor saying this. They go call am Fulani slave.
both afenifere PDP/APC supporters are mad with a goat brain
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

I wụ ewu!
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Valur20: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Queseda:
This Mankide is the only sensible man from that region. I pity yoruba people if they allow Igbo push them to fight the North. The north fear nobody, ask those who tried in 1966

Your comment proves how demented your brain is. Your low self esteem is unparalleled

1 Like

Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by flokii: 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
Na by force? Oyo people say no to herders maiming, killing and forcefully ridding people off their possessions.

They have turned Nigeria to cattle rearing republic of malus simply becaise their brother is in aso rock.

What is bad is bad, no two ways about it. How can these fvcktards be feeling like they own the country or are above the law. What rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by JooEeL(m): 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

First off, you are as fake as sh*t. Fellow igbo countrymen kee u dia.

Second, the old move of trying to cause a rift bw Yorubas and Igbos is dead on arrival.

Find a better method.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by PigTormentor: 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

One of the best comments that Im have read on NL in long time.

These IPIGS that are coming after you now will be the same swine that will be wailing and crying when it's their turn. They are always shortsighted and very shallow in their thinking ability.
I remember the =m calling me names in prior to 2015 when I said that the Army should not be shooting and killing innocent villagers using Boko Haram as excuses. I told them it could be them tomorrow, I was told to shut up.
Fast forward to just less than 4 years later and they are now calling the same Army all sorts of names for doing the same to them while going after the IPIG miscreants.
I can guarantee you that this will also backfire on them much sooner than you can even imagine.

Just wait and watch.

1 Like

Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by tit(f): 11:45pm On Jan 20, 2021
DSS done work on am.
Put fear of sedition and coup plotting into him.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by SirBunky85(m): 11:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kay25:

tell me one thing you have benefited from the onesss of dis country?
what have you benefitted from your state of origin?

1 Like

Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Tundex911: 12:21am On Jan 21, 2021
No be this makinde fault..

I guess he dey fear oga bubu na why e dey disguise ode
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by mccoyelectric: 12:24am On Jan 21, 2021
This is why i don't ever trust a Yoruba man dey speak from both sides of their mouth... Herdsmen never start with una ..the problem of Nigeria started with the Yoruba ... Ass lickers ...
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by PussyKing(m): 12:31am On Jan 21, 2021
uBuNiT:
Makinde you are a real man. They don't know that this is a free WORLD. Se Fulani fe Ku fun yin ni ? E fe le won pa ni ?

U don't know anything in your constitution

So shameful

1 Like

Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by kayusely70(m): 12:32am On Jan 21, 2021
Skynet45:
Chase them out, I repeat we don't want fulanis. Let them leave with their cows, what's their value to yorubas. Makinde should grow some balls and do the right thing

Fulanis killed an oba in ondo state, they killed fashoranti daughter, they killed aaua registrar.
If Fulanis can't live where people live in towns and cities then they should leave.

How can Fulanis come to Yoruba land and be killing yorubas, yet this spineless governor is saying rubbish. You'll lose your second if u don't act now
He May Have Vested Interest In Cow Herding Or Anxious About 2nd term or both
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by barcaboi(m): 12:46am On Jan 21, 2021
Punch called Igboho an activist? I give up

1 Like

Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by calcal: 12:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Queseda:
This Mankide is the only sensible man from that region. I pity yoruba people if they allow Igbo push them to fight the North. The north fear nobody, ask those who tried in 1966

Go re-read your history book, Biafra won the war not until the Nigerian government pledged the oil, and that's when the Russian came in, to end the Biafra advancement.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by smallsmall: 12:52am On Jan 21, 2021
We need answers to some questions, before we start to mislead ourselves, intentionally or otherwise or allow others to mislead us:

- Who are these Fulanis?
They are native to so many West African Countries like Mali, Guinea, Sudan, Niger Republic, Senegal, etc. They are predominantly Herders of Cows and prefer to move the Cows from one location to another, in search of food and water for their Cows. Mr. President of Nigeria, is a Fulani from Niger Republic (where his father hails from, before crossing National borders into Nigeria)

- How did the current problem with Fulani herdsmen start?
Fulanis have lived in Nigeria, mostly among Hausas, in an on-and-off basis, due to their Nomadic Lifestyle, for some decades now. Most of them are not settled but prefer to move across National boundaries of most West African States, (due to our porous or non-existent borders). But in the last few decades, some of them have reduced their penchant for roaming around and settled in the Northern parts of Nigeria, among the Hausas and then taken on Nigerian citizenship, as they can easily mix-up undetected among the Hausas.
These are the ones that are termed "Nigerian Fulanis".

Who are the Foreign Fulanis?
The President of Nigeria once said, why lamenting at How Fulani Herdsmen massacred some Villagers in Zamfara, said these violent ones are NOT NIGERIAN FULANIS but are "Foreigners" who came to Nigeria.
By that statement, Mr.President has openly concurred that the Nigerian State has been infiltrated by a violent specie of Fulanis, these are the ones that are typically referred to as "Fulani Herdsmen", when the issue of violence by Herdsmen is being discussed.
Needless to say, all Nigerians have at one time or the other, given help. water, food and passage to Fulani Herdsmen and their Cattle.
These Fulani Herdsmen are the Nigerian ones. They are peaceful, they rear their Cattle with long stick and do not feed their Cattle of Farm land because they know what it takes to plant crops, by their host community. Where they inadvertently have their Cows destroy farmland of their host, they quickly meet and pay for the damage hence, clashes between Farmers and Fulani Herdsmen, was not common, until recent times.

2015, Buhari's Presidency and the Fulani Tyranny
Without going into too much 'history', a lot of people have observed that once Buhari, a Fulani man became President, he had appointed people of his Clan into virtually all the IMPORTANT Security positions and Govt Agencies. A lot of people have also observed that with his Presidency, these Fulani Herdsmen have become very daring and they seem to flaunt their filial blood-line to the President, as their get-out card, for any atrocity they commit.
Between 2015 and today, the nation Nigeria has been replete with a lot of blood-letting, from rape to kidnapping to Armed robbery to outright, wholesale wiping-out of Villages, at the hands of these "foreign" Fulanis.
Native Fulanis have always lived comfortably with all Nigerians but since 2015, we have these virulent species of Foreign Fulani Herdsmen, who have done the worst imaginable things any human can do and they seem to be getting the protection of the President and the Heads of Nigeria's Security Forces, for reason yet to be explained publicly to Nigerians.

It is treasonous, to subject one's citizens to harm by foreigners, protect such foreigners and keep saying the Citizens should negotiate with their killers.
These foreign Fulani Herdsmen whom the President had mischievously re branded as "Bandits" (So that Nigerians would not be able to differentiate them from the general, 'Common Criminal' who abound in every nook and cranny of Nigeria and to obfuscate their Fulani origins) are the most vile humans (if one can call them that), that ever stepped foot in this Nigeria.

Questions:
-Do "Herders" need to carry AK47 military grade Weapon to rear Cows?
- Is it legal and allowed by law, for bonafide Nigerians to "openly carry" AK47 Weapons?
- Why has the Police, who are empowered to arrest anyone seen with such weapons, looked the other way, when it comes to these Fulani Herdsmen who openly carry illegal assault weapons

- As Mr. Fani Kayode reminded us recently, Mr. President and other Fulani's he has appointed to sensitive security positions in Nigeria since he became President, have always said Nigerian Victims of these foreign Fulani Herdsmen must "accommodate and negotiate" with their killers and these raises the question of whether Mr. President is upholding his oath of office to protect all Nigerians against all foreign attacks because he sees himself more affiliated with these Killer foreign Fulani Herdsmen and his loyalty is to them, rather to the Nigerians he claims to preside over.

- It has been rumoured (and for every rumor, there is an element of truth!), that these killer Fulani Herdsmen were imported into Nigeria, to be used as mercenaries, to wage political war on the Nigerian Govt, in the event that Buhari does not win the 2015 elections (Dogs and Baboons will be soaked in blood!) or win re-election in 2019. But having won the election, the recruited mercenaries demanded to be paid #300Billion (or a closer figure) to disband but we all heard as a Northern Governor negotiated on their behalf and they got paid #100Billion from Nigeria's treasury.
Despite this payment, they have refused to leave Nigerian soil but had rather resorted to "Plan B", which is to forcefully and violently dislodge Nigerians form their ancestral land and farms and take over such land. This optin has been played out in places like Plateau, Benue, Zamfara, Taraba, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by smallsmall: 12:53am On Jan 21, 2021
What is the Situation as of today?
- Under the guise of rearing Cattle, these foreign Fulanis have infiltrated all nooks an d crannies of Nigeria, laying in-wait in our Forest Reserves, just the way Boko Haram has ingrained itself in Sambisa Forest.
It is from these Forests that they launch attacks against Nigerian Villages, against those travelling on the highways and it is where they keep their kidnap Victims. Cattle rearing is just a facade and a guise for their terrorist activities.

- It is funny that each time the State Govt or Local Govt of the communities they terrorise wants to take action against them, the Presidency and its Fulani lackeys are quick to remind us of the constitution and how it guarantees that any Nigerian can live anywhere in Nigeria!
While the constitution guarantees this right, that right can only be extended to LAW-ABIDING NIGERIAN CITIZENS.

That law does not offer such protection to "foreign terrorists" like the current foreign terrorist Fulani Herdsmen terrorising innocent Nigerians all over the place. This is where Governor Makinde got it wrong

As the Governor of Oyo State, will he claim ignorance that these Fulani Herdsmen have been perpetrating heinous crimes like Rape, Kidnapping, destruction of farms and highway robberies, within and around his State? How many of such terrorist F"foreign" Fulani herdsmen has he arrested and prosecuted, that he is now talking about their constitutional right?

- Does the right of any of these Ak47 wielding, foreign Fulani Herdsman supersede the right to peaceful living of Nigerians within Oyo State?
- Why is Gov Makinde trying to play to the gallery? Is he a Coward that is afraid of offending the Fulani controlled Security apparatus of the Federal Govt and the President, by refusing to hearken to the voice of the people who voted him into Power?

- Why is it that leaders of Southern Nigeria (East and South West ) are so scared of these terrorist, foreign Fulani Herdsmen and their collaborators within Nigerian Govt, that they would rather turn a blind eye to the killings of their people, than step on the toes of these Fulanis?

-As it were, these foreign Fulani herdsmen have infiltrated all parts of Southern Nigeria and there is the thinking that they are strategically being positioned for an all-out "War of Conquest" on Southern Nigerians, the opportune time, especially with the agitation for 'equity and regionalism' growing louder.
- Southern Nigerians are now in a position where armed foreign Fulani mercenaries, masquerading as Fulani Herdsmen, are threatening their very existence, on their own land in their own locality and all their leaders could do, despite the overwhelming evidence that these herdsmen are terrorising them and are a threat to their existence, is also threaten to unleash the Fulani-controlled Federal Police on them!

Does this not indicate that "the real enemy lies within" and a Civilisation cannot be destroyed from the outside, unless it first destroys itself form the inside, through internal sabotage?

For the avoidance of doubt, Southern Nigerians and the Middle Belts have always accommodated Peaceful Fulani Herdsmen who go about their cattle roaming with just sticks but the current ones imported from all over West Africa, have nothing in common with Nigerians, have no respect for human life and are foreign terrorists on Nigerian soil and should be treated as such.

In this day and age, no terrorist should use cattle rearing as an excuse to unleash violence on Southern Nigerian Citizens, including the Middle belt.
Anyone who wants to rear Cattle MUST do so within the confines of a RANCH. Anyone who wants to move Cattle from a point A, to a Point B, must use a Motorised Vehicle.
Many States have passed Anti-Open Grazing Laws which these terrorists Fulani herdsmen have continued to flout and l hope Gov Makinde knows that the law does not protect the unlawful.
If Southern Governors and Leaders would not protect their people (for their own selfish political ambition), then the People themselves must rise up and protect their own lives because "Self Survival is the duty and responsibility of every man".

Gov Makinde should emulate the bold moves of the Gov of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, protecting the people of your state, is the first responsibility of a responsible Governor.
Drive out all these terrorist Fulanis pretending to be Herdsmen, from within your States, they must not turn our Forest reserves in Southern Nigeria, to another Sambissa forest, where terrorists hide and launch attacks on Nigerians.

To not do so now, is to 'sleep with fire on the roof', No Southern Nigerian is safe from attacks,

Thanks for reading, it is a personal opinion.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by smallsmall: 12:58am On Jan 21, 2021
mccoyelectric:
This is why i don't ever trust a Yoruba man dey speak from both sides of their mouth... Herdsmen never start with una ..the problem of Nigeria started with the Yoruba ... Ass lickers ...

Will you STFU!
Thoughtless dunderheads like you are always turning everything to a tribal insult between Igbo and Yoruba, instead of focusing on the real challenge, which is getting these Foreign terrorist Fulani herdsmen out fo the whole Southern Nigeria and Middle Belt.

Are Fulani Herdsmen not all over Igbo land? have you been able to form the Eastern Protection Force to secure your Land? Are you rGovernors any better than people like Gov Makinde?
Look in the mirror, before you start insulting others.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by marsman: 1:04am On Jan 21, 2021
Jibsy203:
The are called afonjas for a reason,read the story of afonja you will understand very well..very hopeless and senseless cunning set of ppl that will even betray there own mother from de womb grin grin grin
This your life go sad alot... In real Life, I can bet you serve this same people you thrash on a face less forum. Na them dey feed you
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by marsman: 1:07am On Jan 21, 2021
DSC7:

If only the yorubas can stop asslicking the juntas.....

But damnnnn dey re bunch of hypocrites......
Says the not trustworthy Igbo flat headed mother fuckers. You want to know Hypocrites, the Igbos who left their shit hole to wrought in the hands of there senseless Governors, to condemn Yorubas that are far better than them are the real Damned slaved hypocrites who cannot think for them self. We don't want any thing to do with one, useless tribe from the eastern part of Nigeria, Na by force.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by goshee: 1:08am On Jan 21, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

you are stupid
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by oshorstan(f): 2:15am On Jan 21, 2021
Aso rock done threaten this one. This man is a big fool
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Misterone: 3:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Tolexander:
Makinde has finally bowed to the pressure from Aso Rock.

Seyi Makinde, try to be a man like your counterpart, Rotimi Akeredolu in Ondo State
rotimi is a fool and all fools fall hard
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Misterone: 3:22am On Jan 21, 2021
Sammy07:

[s]

Utterly trash

We shall exist all terrorist From Yoruba Land.

Maybe you should offer them your house in the East no problem.
maybe when the pogrom starts in the North, you go get sense. dense.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Homebaked: 3:30am On Jan 21, 2021
Queseda:
The North of 1966 is not the same as today's. The middle belt component has found its voice and destiny and is no longer on the same page. Plateau, Benue and Taraba states are classical examples.
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by Germanhunter(m): 4:05am On Jan 21, 2021
Just for the love I have for gentle looking men who are achieving something meaningful, I won't use any derogatory words

But your excellency Sir

Your shalaye reeks of fear

Your people 1st..

But you are safe ..so you aint got no issues

Rip to the next souls to be lost in addy

Mtcheew
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by favour32(m): 4:14am On Jan 21, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

You nor know wetin you dey talk.
If Nigeria belongs to all according to you, nai this shameless government carry NEPOTISM for head?
Re: Makinde Faults Call For Herdsmen’s Exit From Oyo by zoedew: 4:50am On Jan 21, 2021
Who keeps a poisonous viper under his bed and goes to sleep?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal / "Where Is Your Brain?" - FFK To PMB / PDP Will Not Win A Single Seat In Kwara State- Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.