Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries (59677 Views)

Second Kabul Airport Attack Likely In 24-36 Hours - President Biden / President Biden Resumes Work At Oval Office / Biden To Sign Executive Order To Join Paris Club & Rescind Travel Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Vixlot: 1:59am On Jan 21, 2021
On his first day in office, President Joe Biden is beginning the immense task of dismantling former President Donald Trump’s nativist legacy on immigration, issuing an executive order to end Trump’s controversial travel ban on noncitizens from 13 countries.

The policy, colloquially known as the “Muslim ban,” first went into effect in January 2017 and became one of Trump’s signature immigration policies. The ban has slowed or altogether halted legal immigration from certain countries that the former administration deemed to be security threats, keeping families apart and even stymieing refugee resettlement.

The travel ban was Trump’s first major action on immigration policy, setting the tone for the chaotic four years that followed for immigrants while galvanizing public opposition.

When the ban was announced, it resulted in mass protests in airports across the US where people from the affected countries, which were initially limited to those with majority-Muslim populations, were held for questioning for hours.

This led immigrant advocates to call it a discriminatory “Muslim ban,” citing Trump’s campaign promise to establish a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” Democrats in Congress, who for years had expressed conflicting positions on immigration policy, coalesced in opposition to the policy, using it to present a united front in condemnation of the xenophobia it represented.

The ban was amended several times in the face of numerous court challenges arguing that Trump did not have the legal authority to issue it and that it unlawfully discriminated against Muslims. The third version of the ban, ultimately upheld by the Supreme Court, barred citizens of seven countries — Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, Venezuela, and North Korea — from obtaining any kind of visas, largely preventing them from entering the US. (Chad was taken off the list of countries subject to the ban in April 2019 after it met the Trump administration’s demands to share information with US authorities that could aid in efforts to vet foreigners.)

Trump expanded the ban last February to include additional restrictions on citizens of six more countries: Myanmar, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Nigeria, Sudan, and Tanzania. While they could still visit the US, citizens of these countries were, for the most part, barred from settling in the US permanently.

Ending the ban was one of Biden’s topline campaign promises on immigration policy — and he is about to deliver. But this executive order only marks the beginning of a project to erase Trump’s influence on the immigration system, which was primarily concerned with keeping people out through a vast network of executive orders, policy memos, and regulatory changes

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2021/1/20/22235986/biden-trump-travel-muslim-ban

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Ekealterego: 3:02am On Jan 21, 2021
It is clearly a fight of the globalist vs the nationalist.

I see the pattern here; Trump was fighting a war against the globalist world order, which requires a globalist conformism to a world government to control the world's affairs.

If Trump doesn't bow to the New World Order's (NWO) instrument of control like WHO, how will they achieve a global vaccination?
If the US are no longer puppets to UN treaties and deals that never meet any targets, how will the NWO achieve control?
Under the NWO, a mixture of the two world religions is an absolute must. An instrument for control and fear-mongering. Trump is absolutely a threat to this. See Europe, Germany and France have destroyed the future of their country.. why do you think the UK left the EU (albeit late). The EU is punishing the UK to come back because the NWO needs this for easy administration and control.

Look at the reversed policies by Biden, even a blind mind can see through it... If you know, you know.

(Well, lifting the travel ban na to my advantage, globalist or nationalist make I enter Yankee again go see something before this visa expire)

241 Likes 24 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Hongkog(m): 3:39am On Jan 21, 2021
Trump was not stupid for banning Muslim extremists (Iran,Iraq,Pakstn, Saudi) from American, everyone should try to be productive in his/her country.

If we had someone like him Trump as president then we won't we dealing with Buhari now, fulani ain't Nigerians they gradually came and occupied our county. They are now forming strong head claiming that every land belongs to them just because their brother is the president. This is exactly what these extremist will turn do in America.

Toh, hope this decision doesn't become a bad one.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by ekaette1621: 4:01am On Jan 21, 2021
i smile in a Fulani way

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by achierosion(m): 4:10am On Jan 21, 2021
Let him invite all the terrorist the world has ever known to America.
Boko Haram inclusive

223 Likes 23 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by abeniagbon(m): 4:30am On Jan 21, 2021
Now Trump will be coach by Biden on How to rule a Nation

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by gambia(m): 4:33am On Jan 21, 2021
It's a welcome development. I hope some terrorists won't take advantage of it.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by ObiOfOnistha: 4:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Nice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by saheedbadmus(m): 4:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Wow , that's good ..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Afam4eva(m): 4:35am On Jan 21, 2021
The way it should be. To think that Nigerian Trump supporters, Abule Egba branch will benefit from this is antithetical.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by checkmatez: 4:35am On Jan 21, 2021
nice

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by superior1: 4:36am On Jan 21, 2021
Undoing Trump immigration policy sounds great but stupid

163 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 21, 2021
Ok,we are observing, good luck to president biden

7 Likes

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Lakadastickla: 4:37am On Jan 21, 2021
Time to zoom out of this zoo called a country

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by fourboys: 4:38am On Jan 21, 2021
Thank God.... Baba God my time to leave this country has finally come

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Kenneth10110(m): 4:38am On Jan 21, 2021
Hope its not initial gra gra

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Abovebest(m): 4:38am On Jan 21, 2021
Americans are in for a long ride of what no one knows who it will Favour
I will just relax and see how this thriller will end

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Capnd143(m): 4:40am On Jan 21, 2021
Ill advised. In as much as Trump was a madman at times, that ban helped in keeping radical Islamist from entering the U.S

Seen where France is today..

Make me I sha follow lap Yankee

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Palmerbarry: 4:40am On Jan 21, 2021
Nice one.
Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by 777ForChrist: 4:41am On Jan 21, 2021
Ekealterego:

I see the pattern here, Trump was fighting a war against the globalist world order which requires a globalist conformism to a world government to control the affairs of the world.

Look at the reversed policies... If you know, you know.
(Well, the travel ban na to my advantage, globalist or nationalist make I enter Yankee again go see something)

Trump took his fight to the extreme. US is an Immigrant country, infact that was one of the reasons why God created it.For Trump to stop immigration,means he was indirectly fighting God.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Alaigbopress: 4:41am On Jan 21, 2021
Chai Emeka done pack his bag ready to enter Yankee

3 Likes

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by lessonotes(f): 4:42am On Jan 21, 2021
Good
Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by ironheart(m): 4:42am On Jan 21, 2021
Its all about the economy, the more people who travel to America, the more money they make to boost there economy.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by ifytrik(m): 4:42am On Jan 21, 2021
achierosion:
Let him invite all the terrorist the world has ever known to America.
Boko Haram inclusive
gringrin

8 Likes

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by lessonotes(f): 4:43am On Jan 21, 2021
Ekealterego:

I see the pattern here, Trump was fighting a war against the globalist world order which requires a globalist conformism to a world government to control the affairs of the world.

Look at the reversed policies... If you know, you know.
(Well, the travel ban na to my advantage, globalist or nationalist make I enter Yankee again go see something)

Whether we like it or not, the World will achieve Globalism; it is a prerequisite for the Coming Son of God and well stated in the Bible.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by PlanetZero: 4:44am On Jan 21, 2021
boko boys go dey happy right now

AM i the only one missing TRUMP?
he is a great man with great policies

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by SimplePlan34: 4:44am On Jan 21, 2021
Ok
Re: President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries by Oris4show(m): 4:45am On Jan 21, 2021
We don hear
Next pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russia's Wagner Group Declares War On Russian Army / Ajaypal Singh Banga Is Sole Nominee For World Bank Presidency / Ukrainian Pilots Arrive In Poland To Pick Up Donated Fighter Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.