Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) (614 Views)

Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience / Messengers Of Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2021
Praise be to Allah!
We seek the peace and blessings on all the Prophets and those who follow them in truth till the last day.

It is one of the Islamic articles of faith to believe in the Prophets as it is in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Consequentially one who disbelieves in any of them as such has committed an act of disbelief.

What is the difference between a Prophet and a Messenger?
A Prophet is one who Allah sends to a believing People. He uses the laws of a previous messenger if any. Adam (alayhi salam) was the first Prophet of Allah.
A messenger on the other hand is sent to a disbelieving people. Example include Nuh (Noah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Loot (Lot), 'Eesa bn Maryam Jesus son of Mary, Moosa (Moses) and Muhammad (Peace be on them all). All Messengers are Prophets but not all Prophets are messengers.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, We did send down the Tawraat (Torah) [to Moosa (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allaah’s Will, judged for the Jews”
[al-Maa’idah 5:44]

Which Prophets were mentioned in the Qur'an?
Adam, Idrees (Enoch), Nooh (Noah), Hood (Eber), Saalih (Salah), Ibraaheem (Abraham), Loot (Lot), Ismaa‘eel (Ishmael), Ishaaq (Isaac), Ya‘qoob (Jacob), Yoosuf (Joseph), Ayyoob (Job), Shu‘ayb (Jethro), Moosa (Moses), Haroon (Aaron), Yoonus (Jonah), Dawood (David), Sulaymaan (Solomon), Ilyaas (Elijah), al-Yasa‘ (Elisha), Zakariya (Zechariah), Yahya (John the Baptist), and ‘Eesa (Jesus) (blessings and peace be upon them), as well as Dhu’l-Kifl according to many commentators, and their leader is Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

How many Prophets were sent by Allah?
The number is unknown and all the figures present in ahadith are weak. Only Allah knows the true figure.
What we know is that Prophets were sent to all nations as Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them.”
[Faatir 3524]

“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghoot (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghoot besides Allah)”
[an-Nahl 16:36].

Hence it is part of the justice of Allah that He has decreed that He will not punish anyone whom the call of the Prophets and Messengers did not reach, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)”
[al-Isra’ 17:15]

“This is because your Lord would not destroy the (populations of) towns for their wrongdoing (i.e. associating others in worship along with Allah) while their people were unaware (so the Messengers were sent)”
[al-An ‘am 6:131].

What was their message basically?
Their message was the same, from the first to the last of them, based on the principle of Tawheed, i.e., that all kinds of worship should be devoted to Allaah alone, beliefs, words and deeds alike, and that everything that is worshipped instead of Allaah is to be rejected. The evidence for that is the verses (interpretation of the meanings):
“And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad) but We revealed to him (saying): Laa ilaaha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allaah)], so worship Me (Alone and none else)”[al-Anbiya’ 21:25]

“And ask (O Muhammad) those of Our Messengers whom We sent before you: ‘Did We ever appoint aalihah (gods) to be worshipped besides the Most Gracious (Allaah)?’”[al-Zukhruf 43:45]

May the peace and blessing of Allah be on them all.
And Allah knows best.
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by ANTIlSLAM(m): 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
Op, You And Your Fellow Muslims Don't Know Whom A Prophet Is. Adam Was Not A Prophet
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by Kherdija(f): 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ameen Ya Hayya Ya Qayyum..Jazakallahu khairan
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by RightChannel: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
Rashduct4luv I have a question for you

Apart from Muhammad that came from Arab nation, is their any prophet before and after Muhammad from any Arab country?
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:37am On Jan 22, 2021
RightChannel:
Rashduct4luv I have a question for you

Apart from Muhammad that came from Arab nation, is their any prophet before and after Muhammad from any Arab country?

Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam) is the only Arab Prophet from Isma'eel (Alayhi salam). Each nation got messenger(s), some we know and some we don't.
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:48am On Jan 22, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:
Op, You And Your Fellow Muslims Don't Know Whom A Prophet Is. Adam Was Not A Prophet

Your own form of definition of Prophethood differs from ours in Islam.

Who is a Prophet?

It is called Nabi in Arabic.
Shaykh Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) wrote:

“A Prophet (Nabi) is one to whom Allaah reveals (yanbi’uhu) something, and he passes on what Allaah has reveals to him. If he is sent with that to those who go against the commandments of Allaah, to convey a message from Allaah to them, then he is a Messenger. But if he follows a sharee’ah that came before him, and is not himself sent to anyone to convey the message from Allaah to them, then he is a Prophet and not a Messenger…”
(al-Nubuwwaat, p. 255).

In your Bible, Adam was nothing! Just the man who ate apple and caused man the fall from grace.
In Islam, all of them are ascribed as the best of humans!
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:12am On Jan 22, 2021
Rashduct4luv:

Your own form of definition of Prophethood differs from ours in Islam.

Who is a Prophet?

It is called Nabi in Arabic.
Shaykh Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) wrote:

“A Prophet (Nabi) is one to whom Allaah reveals (yanbi’uhu) something, and he passes on what Allaah has reveals to him. If he is sent with that to those who go against the commandments of Allaah, to convey a message from Allaah to them, then he is a Messenger. But if he follows a sharee’ah that came before him, and is not himself sent to anyone to convey the message from Allaah to them, then he is a Prophet and not a Messenger…”
(al-Nubuwwaat, p. 255).

In your Bible, Adam was nothing! Just the man who ate apple and caused man the fall from grace.
In Islam, all of them are ascribed as the best of humans!

Is it not from the Bible your messenger copied the story of Adam from?

Another questions,

1. what does allah your god reveal to Adam?

2. Show me one of the prophecy prophecied by Adam

3. Why is the name Hawwa missing in Quran?
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by AntiChristian: 9:37am On Jan 22, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Is it not from the Bible your messenger copied the story of Adam from?

The Qur'an never copied your Bible.
Can you show us how this is possible? Who wrote the Book of Genesis? Who were the ones that copied it? What were their credentials? How was the Book preserved?

Another questions,

1. what does allah your god reveal to Adam?
Whatever was revealed to him as a Prophet is for him and his family. We need not know what was revealed to him in details as he was not sent to us as a Prophet. Ours is to believe in him as our texts stipulates.
In your Bible God spoke to him. Did he saw God or was just hearing some voices?

2. Show me one of the prophecy prophecied by Adam
A fortuneteller can give Prophecies and that qualifies him to be a Prophet in Christendom. Of what use is his Prophecy to us if any as he was not sent to us?

3. Why is the name Hawwa missing in Quran?
Because the Qur'an is not a story book. Many names are not to be included.
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by RightChannel: 9:50am On Jan 22, 2021
Rashduct4luv:

Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam) is the only Arab Prophet from Isma'eel (Alayhi salam). Each nation got messenger(s), some we know and some we don't.

Each nation as you said, please mention those nations that got just only one prophet?

Muhammad made himself as first and the last messenger from Arab nations, that shouldn't be.. We have many prophets from Israel, Hebrew, Greek, even from African. Why is Arab nations differ? Thought you said Adam was a Muslim, Abraham, Moses, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, upto Muhammad the founder of Islam. WHO IS PERSON DECEIVING YOU GUYS FROM THIS RELIGION CALLED ISLAM?
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2021
AntiChristian:

The Qur'an never copied your Bible.
Can you show us how this is possible? Who wrote the Book of Genesis? Who were the ones that copied it? What were their credentials? How was the Book preserved?

If Quran was not copied, why should allah waited for 600yr after the Holy Bible before revealing quran?

AntiChristian:

Whatever was revealed to him as a Prophet is for him and his family. We need not know what was revealed to him in details as he was not sent to us as a Prophet. Ours is to believe in him as our texts stipulates.
In your Bible God spoke to him. Did he saw God or was just hearing some voices?

So the prophethood of Adam according to you is only for him and his family right? Sincerely speaking YOU NEED SENSE.. I thought you people believed he (Adam) was sent to humanity why now contradicting yourself? Rashduct4luv your brother said and I quote
"In Islam, all of them are ascribed as the best of humans!"

(al-Nubuwwaat, p. 255).
end of quote.

Why the contradiction? You believe Adam was a prophet but you can't justify his prophethood. Stop deceiving yourself, seek for the truth abeg

AntiChristian:

A fortuneteller can give Prophecies and that qualifies him to be a Prophet in Christendom. Of what use is his Prophecy to us if any as he was not sent to us?

I don't think you know what a Prophet means, I will beseech you to consult any standard dictionary for the meaning of a Prophet and characteristics of a prophet.

AntiChristian:

Because the Qur'an is not a story book. Many names are not to be included.

Quran is not a story book but it is the MOST convincing book that took Mary the mother of Christ as the same Maryam the sister of Aaron and Moses right? Only Mary was reckon with from A to Z of the quran as if NO other woman on earth.
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by AntiChristian: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

If Quran was not copied, why should allah waited for 600yr after the Holy Bible before revealing quran?
I don't know why you keep skipping my questions and hoping to get a response from me? Can you give the approximate date interval between each Books of the Bible and why Yahweh made it so?

So the prophethood of Adam according to you is only for him and his family right? Sincerely speaking YOU NEED SENSE.. I thought you people believed he (Adam) was sent to humanity why now contradicting yourself? Rashduct4luv your brother said and I quote
""In Islam, all of them are ascribed as the best of humans!""

Who told you Adam was sent to humanity? Adam was sent to his family, his people. Noah to his people! Moses his People. And of cos they are the best of humans, that's why God chooses them.

(al-Nubuwwaat, p. 255).
end of quote.

Why the contradiction? You believe Adam was a prophet but you can't justify his prophethood. Stop deceiving yourself, seek for the truth abeg

The main duty of the messengers is to guide the people and to warn them of what is coming. The justification of his Prophethood is that our texts say so. And so he is. Nabi translated as Prophet is defined as one who Allah reveals something to....
What else do you need?

I don't think you know what a Prophet means, I will beseech you to consult any standard dictionary for the meaning of a Prophet and characteristics of a prophet.

A Prophet is like those who release yearly things that will happen, things we can accurately predict on our own! Fortunetellers and Soothsayers!

Quran is not a story book but it is the MOST convincing book that took Mary the mother of Christ as the same Maryam the sister of Aaron and Moses right? Only Mary was reckon with from A to Z of the quran as if NO other woman on earth.

On sister of Aaron: Your Bible used daughters of Aaron too!

In Luke 1:5:
In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zechariah, of the division of Abijah. And he had a wife from [b]the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
AntiChristian:
I don't know why you keep skipping my questions and hoping to get a response from me? Can you give the approximate date interval between each Books of the Bible and why Yahweh made it so?

Abeg shey you too wan join Kofesor Empiree school of thought or you get Eyes problem? Maybe you should read over again

AntiChristian:

Who told you Adam was sent to humanity? Adam was sent to his family, his people. Noah to his people! Moses his People. And of cos they are the best of humans, that's why God chooses them.

Na your co. slave said so, he even backed it up with hadith

AntiChristian:

The main duty of the messengers is to guide the people and to warn them of what is coming. The justification of his Prophethood is that our texts say so. And so he is. Nabi translated as Prophet is defined as one who Allah reveals something to....
What else do you need?

And I asked you to tell me the exact thing allah revealed to Adam since he was a prophet but you find it difficult or maybe google disapointed you

AntiChristian:

A Prophet is like those who release yearly things that will happen, things we can accurately predict on our own! Fortunetellers and Soothsayers!

Oga abeg can you give just one prophecy Muhammad gave while alive

AntiChristian:

On sister of Aaron: Your Bible used daughters of Aaron too!

In Luke 1:5:
In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zechariah, of the division of Abijah. [b]And he had a wife from [b]the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.[/b]

So Mary is now Elizabeth abi? You people won't kill us with your ignoramus sha grin
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by AntiChristian: 8:22am On Jan 23, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Abeg shey you too wan join Kofesor Empiree school of thought or you get Eyes problem? Maybe you should read over again
What is all this?

Na your co. slave said so, he even backed it up with hadith
Why bring another's matter in to mine? What kind of folly is this?

And I asked you to tell me the exact thing allah revealed to Adam since he was a prophet but you find it difficult or maybe google disapointed you

Even the Jesus that came around about 2020 years ago, the revelation given to him is lost. Not to talk of Adam. And there's no report on the revelation.

Oga abeg can you give just one prophecy Muhammad gave while alive

Enmity among the Christian sects until the Day of Resurrection:

Allaah said:
“And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection (when they discarded Allaah’s Book, disobeyed Allaah’s Messengers and His Orders and transgressed beyond bounds in Allaah’s disobedience); and Allaah will inform them of what they used to do”
[al-Maa'idah 5:14]

Ibn Katheer said:
“So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection” means, We sowed amongst them enmity and hatred of one another, and they will remain like that until the Hour begins. Hence the Christian groups, no matter what their types, will continue to hate one another and denounce one another as disbelievers and curse one another. So each group forbids the others to come to its place of worship, and the Byzantines denounced the Jacobites as disbelievers, and the Nestorians denounced the Arians, and so on. Each group denounces the others as disbelievers in this world and will do so on the Day of Judgement.
Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 2/34

So Mary is now Elizabeth abi? You people won't kill us with your ignoramus sha grin

Is Elizabeth a daughter of Aaron? Stop this folly!

1 Like

Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:07am On Jan 23, 2021
AntiChristian:
What is all this?

Why bring another's matter in to mine? What kind of folly is this?

So you're denying your co. slave from the same religion of allah and his blunders shey? Oya clap for yourself

AntiChristian:

Even the Jesus that came around about 2020 years ago, the revelation given to him is lost. Not to talk of Adam. And there's no report on the revelation.

Adam that was A prophet without NO prophecy see how you've been brainwashed in Islam.

Abeg which of the revelation given to him is lost, mention one?

AntiChristian:

Enmity among the Christian sects until the Day of Resurrection:

Allaah said:
“And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection (when they discarded Allaah’s Book, disobeyed Allaah’s Messengers and His Orders and transgressed beyond bounds in Allaah’s disobedience); and Allaah will inform them of what they used to do”
[al-Maa'idah 5:14]

Ibn Katheer said:
“So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection” means, We sowed amongst them enmity and hatred of one another, and they will remain like that until the Hour begins. Hence the Christian groups, no matter what their types, will continue to hate one another and denounce one another as disbelievers and curse one another. So each group forbids the others to come to its place of worship, and the Byzantines denounced the Jacobites as disbelievers, and the Nestorians denounced the Arians, and so on. Each group denounces the others as disbelievers in this world and will do so on the Day of Judgement.
Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 2/34

And you called dis one a revelation, pls which school self you attended? Your late paedophile messenger never see revelation about his religion Islam. I dey enjoy your own method of ignoramus I swear grin

AntiChristian:

Is Elizabeth a daughter of Aaron? Stop this folly!

NO Elizabeth is a daughter of Adam nah abi bawo Mumu, instead to ask as allah commanded you to ask us questions when you're in a state of confusion and dilemma.

Elizabeth in the Bible.. According to the Gospel of Luke, Elizabeth was "of the daughters of Aaron" was the wife of a priest named Zechariah ; she was also a cousin of Mary, the mother of Jesus. Elizabeth and Zechariah are called “righteous and blameless” people who walked in all the commandments of the Lord (Luke 1:6). Elizabeth was barren; she was unable to have children (Luke 1:7). When Elizabeth is first mentioned in the Bible, she is an old woman, or as Luke puts it, “advanced in years” (Luke 1:7). This could mean anything from late middle-age to old age. In any case, she was past child-bearing age
(Luke 1:18).

When Zechariah was in the temple offering incense to the Lord, the angel Gabriel appeared to him, saying that he and Elizabeth would soon be parents; they were to name the baby John. This baby would grow up to be “great before the Lord” and bring joy and gladness to them, as well as to many other people (Luke 1:14–15). Zechariah was doubtful because of his wife’s age and the fact that he was himself old (Luke 1:18), so Gabriel—the same angel who appeared later to Mary —told Zechariah that he would be unable to speak until the prophecy was fulfilled in the birth of John (Luke 1:19–20, 26–27).

NB: Ignore the one in your Quran sogbo, allah never knew what it was saying in Quran or I should say Muhammad misinterpreted your god allah.. #fact

Guy, seek for knowledge, never give room for any alfa, imam, etc to brainwashed you I take God beg u
Re: Prophets And Messengers in Islam (From IslamQA) by zoer(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
How is Adam a prophet?

(1) (Reply)

Iran: Court Overturns Death Sentence For Christian Pastor. / Nobel Laureates Join Call For Israeli Boycott / Should Mosques In Nigeria Be Prosecuted For Noisemaking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.