Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) (25413 Views)

How To Cook The Popular Ofe Owerri You Can't Resist (Photos, Video) / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ofe Owerri is a luxurious soup straight out of Imo State. The soup is well rated that it has a song named after it. So, if you know the classic song, Ofe Owere by Oriental Brothers and you still haven’t gotten to know its history, you will know today, but if you haven’t ever heard the song, check YouTube. grin grin

NOTE:

-Premium Ofe Owerri is cooked with stock fish (not the head only, but the head first for its flavour) and dry fish. However, it will be hard not to eat meat in this modern era. So you can throw in some cow leg/head (preferably).

-Soak your dry fish in hot water and debone it.

-It wasn’t intended to be refrigerated. That is why it is considered expensive. You cook it and eat it once.

-It has two leaves in it, pumpkin (ugu) and okazi. Okazi is the leaf Ibibios/Efiks call afang. Feel free to add uziza for its flavour.

-Boil and pound your cocoyam. PLEASE DON’T BOIL WITH SALT. If you don’t have a mortar, you can also use a blender or food processor.

-Slice your leaves. They should be thin.

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2021

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2021

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Welcum: 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
Gidigbam. I don finally find my residence for Nairaland. Abeg, pocohantas, you don marry?

IF YOU OWN A BUSINESS, HEAD OVER TO MY PROFILE AND DISCOVER THE LATEST SECRET FOR ATTRACTING CUSTOMERS AND CLIENTS. YOU NO FIT CHOP THIS SOUP IF YOU NO GET MONEY OH!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
Welcum:
Gidigbam. I don finally find my residence for Nairaland. Abeg, pocohantas, you don marry?

lipsrsealed

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:
Ofe Owerri is a luxurious soup straight out of Imo State. The soup is well rated that it has a song named after it. So, if you know the classic song, Ofe Owere by Oriental Brothers and you still haven’t gotten to know its history, you will know today, but if you haven’t ever heard the song, check YouTube. grin grin

The only difference between ofe owere and ofe oha is the leaves okwaya?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
mariahAngel:

The only difference between ofe owere and ofe oha is the leaves okwaya?

Gbam. That is the only difference if we are being honest here. cheesy cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by LMS1(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
DAMN NIGARR! slawomirr this is not for u,okra man
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Kondomatic(m): 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
Why snails though?

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kondomatic:
Why snails though?

You hate snails? I know many people on that table. Some for superstitious reasons.
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Kondomatic(m): 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

You hate snails? I know many people on that table. Some for superstitious reasons.
Not in my case.

I just don't like it. I don't know what it tastes like and I don't wanna know.

Can the snail be replaced with another thing?

I never knew "Ofe Owerri" actually exists grin. I have always thought it means good life grin, I mean drawing conclusion from the context it was used in that song.

I for ask you to do "waybill" but snails....... Chai, person fit use another meat?
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kondomatic:
Not in my case.

I never knew "Ofe Owerri" actually exists grin. I have always thought it means good life grin, I mean drawing conclusion from the context it was used in that song. I for ask you to do "waybill" but snails....... Chai, person fit use another meat?

Yes, you can use any other meat, but when it comes to soups, you don’t just use any meat. If you want meat that would influence the taste of your soup, use goat meat. If you want meat that the soup would influence its taste, use cow leg/head. For soups like this (oha, okazi, ofe owere), I advise cowleg. That way its original taste remains.

Lol. It is a soup, I guess the song made it more popular. I can take out the snail, you wouldn’t even know it was there. grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
bcomputer101:
You go online to download pictures
But you come here pushing shoulder up and down as if na you cook am.

This nonsense must stop this year oooo

I cook every food I post. If you ask nicely, I can teach you to cook downloaded food, at a cost. cheesy cheesy

29 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Kondomatic(m): 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Yes, you can use any other meat, but when it comes to soups, you don’t just use any meat. If you want meat that would influence the taste of your soup, use goat meat. If you want meat that the soup would influence its taste, use cow leg/head. For soups like this (oha, okazi, ofe owere), I advise cowleg. That way its original taste remains.

Lol. It is a soup, I guess the song made it more popular. I can take out the snail, you wouldn’t even know it was there. grin
That's a relief.

Lemme goan read how to cook it then. I stopped when I saw snails.

We learn everyday.

Thankio for free lectures grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by izzou(m): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
Very easy soup na

I can even prepare it better and faster than you cool

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:
NOW TO THE COOKING

Pic 1: Water level
Pic 2: Oil and cocoyam has mixed properly.

Pic 3&4: Soup is ready. Very easy

I liken the taste to okazi soup. Like a version 2.0. lipsrsealed

And that's all? Wow. It's quick, but I'm still deciding if it's a stress I can take or not oh... *goes into a deep contemplation**

Looks inviting... cheesy **smacks and lick lips**

I cook every food I post. If you ask nicely, I can teach you to cook downloaded food, at a cost. cheesy cheesy

Me, amu hinterested. I am asking nicely... Which one is downloaded food?? ??
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2021
izzou:
Very easy soup na

I can even prepare it better and faster than you cool

You? Wonders shall never end. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Muhylonaire007: 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ofe Lagos nko?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by KanuSE: 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
Go poco, Go poco, Go poco... grin

I will create my own thread on Ofe Adamawa. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Childrentablets(f): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
If not Poco giving us some igbo delicacies who else na.. chai kiss

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
Looks delicious. You should open a catering school. cool
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by seankafor(m): 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
Onye na ejighi ego,ona erì ofe owerri embarassed

Who no hold money dey chop Owerri soup? embarassed

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by sonnie10: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
They down side to Ofe Owerri is that it taste different if preserved in the fridge. Only good fresh from fire.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
i for say this soup no go sweet but since it's ibo soup I'll give it a try someday
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by IMASTEX: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kondomatic:

I for ask you to do "waybill" but snails....... Chai, person fit use another meat?
You need to really research on it nutritional benefit especially as a better alternative to read meat. Note that the organic breeding method make them far more safer compare to other livestock.

See my snail farm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXjACCg7-h8

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
Wahala for bachelor wey no sabi cook o..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by KanuSE: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

lipsrsealed

Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. grin

Weep no more for there are many horsebands on NL looking desperately for who to marry. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by Legalcriminal: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
Omoh I need to try Ibo foods
pocohantas:

Pic 1: Okazi (for my non-Igbo people)
Pic 2: Please who knows the name of that thing in the lemon basket. Looks like snail but it is not snail. cheesy

Called Ishawuru in Odua land found by river banks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by thundafire: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

lipsrsealed
grin cheesy grin am ready for marriage,will u marry me
Re: How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) by HelpYourself(m): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
grin

One thing I like about this lady is her unabashed take it or leave it in your face mentality.

@OP you see a gifted cook and you would make a stupendous wife and mother.

The sort whose husband would behave himself forever whenever he remembers it's almost lunch or dinner time smiley
Well done my dear

You are an excellent cook indeed.

Take it from a man who knows his way around a kitchen pretty well too smiley

Cheers

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Kunu - Tell Me Everything You Know About It / How To Cook Banga Soup/stew Like A Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.