Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57806 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalists would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way

235 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Humanoid01(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
Two months, just two months and he's already losing patience? Tell that friend not to let two months sabotage a possible lifetime of happiness.

213 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Saao(m): 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2021
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small

151 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2021
Humanoid01:
Two months, just two months and he's already losing patience? Tell that friend not to let two months sabotage a possible lifetime of happiness.

How do you mean please?

He has collected dowry, the rest should be between the couple

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Enugupikin: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
Some families do that though

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Enugupikin: 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

How do you mean please?

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,

undecidedundecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by tidalstorm(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
Enugupikin:

Nobody said she's a virgin. Sex wey no go pass 1hour. I know she visits him.

He paid the dowry, traditionally she's his wife.
Until the wedding, i think the father doesn't want them to rush things.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Enugupikin: 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2021
tidalstorm:

Nobody said she's a virgin. Sex wey no go pass 1hour. I know she visits him.

My comment is only if she's a virgin gal

5 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Softboy001: 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

419 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Humanoid01(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

How do you mean please?

I know, but the father may have his reasons. Flouting his order may create an unnecessary issue if not adhered to. So it's better to be patient since the wedding is in just two months time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

My point exactly!

Thank you sir

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BlessedNuel: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
Bobo don pay already na...so,the full package is his..

Well...2 months no far sha
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Mikester: 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
The lady is already his wife as far as marriage is concerned. White wedding is just a borrowed alternative. Most African parents are just demented

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
Humanoid01:

I know, but the father may have his reasons. Flouting his order may create an unnecessary issue if not adhered to. So it's better to be patient since the wedding is in just two months time.

He's reasons is his church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Mikester: 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

If that is so, then that church is just demented. No more, no less

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Humanoid01(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

If he's not ready to renege on that, then let him be. Respect his decision for peace to exist. Two months is too short to stir up a disagreement.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by tooth4tooth: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen men of NL

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

What is your opinion?

It is not the right thing. I want to challenge all religious fanatics to quote to me the part of the Bible that traditional marriage is not recognized .

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Sixfeetbelle: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Preachers of the Bible but lovers of the world are here again. You claim you're a Christian but when it doesn't suit you, you become a traditionalist.

Instead of your friend to arrange only traditional marriage and carry his wife home, or better still, marry the daughter of a traditionalist, he carried his leg to go to the house of a Church goer and look for wife. Now that he's been requested to follow the directives issued by the church, he suddenly remembered he has a tradition.

Tell your friend, your self and everybody who agreed with you that you're all loosing a neurone or two in your brain.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Bennysam: 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

What is your opinion?

Yeah I have seen it that’s their church doctrine

6 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Bennysam: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

How do you mean please?

And then ? I believe the guy knows this from the beginning

4 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by gistray: 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
In Xvideos there's something called Step dad and daughter

Maybe something like that is going on

Just that this time

There's no step in the dad
angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Bennysam:
And then ? I believe the guy knows this from the beginning
Nope
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Liposure: 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
Your guy caused it. Why agree on white wedding in the first place? When by tradition he is married with or without white wedding. He should just chill for those two months afterall he won't die.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Sonnobax15(m): 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
shocked

Very normal thing among every father but the problem with this particular father in op's case is that he was bold enough to withhold his daughter from being twanked to death by his son-in-law

Even we,the brothers find it difficult to let go of our newly married sisters self....but it's something that must be fulfilled..

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Bennysam: 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

Nope
Expect anything from in-law, tell him to calm down it happens, I have seen it , like I said it’s a church doctrine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nazgul: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

What is your opinion?
It is very important to know the village traditions of your wife to be before proceeding further with the marriage. For her dad to make such statement, it clearly means that such is the custom/practice in their village.

On a softer note, she can always visit him so I don't know what he's ranting about. Whenever he wants her, they can both chat on social media and fix an appointment, enjoy themselves and she'll go back under her father's roof pending with the two months gap would elapse then they can have their white wedding and begin to enjoy legal sex.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nazgul:

It is very important to know the village traditions of your wife to be before proceeding further with the marriage. For her dad to make such statement, it clearly means that such is the custom/practice in their village.

On a softer note, she can always visit him so I don't know what he's ranting about. Whenever he wants her, they can both chat on social media and fix an appointment, enjoy themselves and she'll go back under her father's roof pending with the two months gap would elapse then they can have their white wedding and begin to enjoy legal sex.

You've spoken well sir, for me the father of the bride should have spoken to them in form of advice and not make it look like they are doing something illegal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2021
To think that someone still has this kinda orientation in this century

8 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by kc4christ(m): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
to me if na igbo she must follow home that night cos after dat big money u go still dey keep my boi waiting?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Sisters Mark #NationalSiblingsDay In Sexy Style / Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy / Lady Finds Out Her Sister Is Her Mother (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.