Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,095 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:51 AM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57600 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2021
Minjim:

No wahala!

Your insulting comments really shows the type.
of believer you are

I Don tell you

Congregate of 1 Million where God can't pick 10 from

Lol. You will all learn
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Hugoboi(m): 11:26am On Jan 22, 2021
dancewith:
We have 3 types of marriages recognised in Nogeria

1. Traditional

2. Court

3. Church

Each is a valid form of marriage. What the church seeks to achieve is simply a blessing of the union. They cannot claim this wasnt already done at the traditional level or that God wasnt at the traditional marriage

The insistence that until the white wedding a marriage cannot be consummated is baseless and just a culture, rather than validity

YOU ARE WRONG. PLEASE STUDY AND EDUCATE YOURSELF!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by samwillyco1(m): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2021
If I be the boy, no more white wedding let me see what the Father will do. Infact I will tell him that I will marry another if he fails to allow my wife to come to me grin grin grin
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Hugoboi(m): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2021
Brotherbaby:
Once bride price is settled, she's married to the man and no one can stop the man

WORD!

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by King44(m): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?
I wonder o. An idea, just a concept that's all.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mosesdejaviano(m): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalised would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way

Hmmmmmmmm
Biblically, the traditional wedding is the one that fulfills the requirement of performing a marriage rite.

1 - Dowry was paid. That is the bride price has been fully paid.
2 - The parents of the bride willfully give their daughter to the man.
3- There is an agreement between the bride's and groom's family to finalize the marriage rite between the couple involved.
4- It is done publicly and not in the secret.
5- The intending couples both agreed to consummate their marriage proposal.
6 - Their are witnesses around during the marriage rite.
7- Both parents and witnesses blessed the couple during the marriage rite.

So if all these steps have been fulfilled, marriage has been contracted in the eyes of God.

White wedding is just the blessing of the priest and church, though this can be done on the traditional wedding ground.

N.B: *There are some Christian brothers that will take sisters to the altar without the family of the lady supporting marriage.

The brother in question will not pay the bride price of the lady and some churches will join them together in the church. This may be due to the fact that the family of the lady do not support their union

If such is done without paying the bride price and the parents of the lady does not willfully hand over their daughter to the guy. If the guy go ahead and do white wedding. Any sexual intimacy between the two (the guy and the lady) is FORNICATION

The decision to have sexual intimacy after the traditional marriage or after white wedding now lies between the couple. But before God, they have been joined together after traditional marriage.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by sylve11: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

i tire for them jare............. sad cool
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Mayeldah(m): 11:29am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

In that case after Joseph betrothed Mary, she should have stated with him from that very moment.

So where was it written that Joseph wedded Mary in a Church? Betrothal (Engagement) is different from marriage

Ignorant Christains everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Mayeldah:

So where was it written that Joseph wedded Mary in a Church? Betrothal (Engagement) is different from marriage

Ignorant Christains everywhere!

Smiles. Where did he Wed please?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2021
mosesdejaviano:

Hmmmmmmmm
Biblically, the traditional wedding is the one that fulfills the requirement of performing a marriage rite.

*1 - Dowry was paid. That is the bride price has been fully paid.*
*2 - The parents of the bride willfully give their daughter to the man.*
*3- There is an agreement between the bride's and groom's family to finalize the marriage rite between the couple involved.*
*4- It is done publicly and not in the secret.*
*5- The intending couples both agreed to consummate their marriage proposal.*
*6 - Their are witnesses around during the marriage rite.*
*7- Both parents and witnesses blessed the couple during the marriage rite.*

So if all these steps have been fulfilled, marriage has been contracted in the eyes of God.

*White wedding is just the blessing of the priest and church, though this can be done on the traditional wedding ground.*

N.B: *There are some Christian brothers that will take sisters to the altar without the family of the lady supporting marriage.*

*The brother in question will not pay the bride price of the lady and some churches will join them together in the church. This may be due to the fact that the family of the lady do not support their union*

If such is done without paying the bride price and the parents of the lady does not willfully hand over their daughter to the guy. If the guy go ahead and do white wedding. Any sexual intimacy between the two (the guy and the lady) is *FORNICATION*

The decision to have sexual intimacy after the traditional marriage or after white wedding now lies between the couple. But before God, they have been joined together after traditional marriage.

True but whom is the Kolanut, alcoholic drinks offered to.

And who is the rites prayer during the ceremonies offered to?

The altar is where it begins. The tar is the presence. Be it white cloths extravagance, two or three persons. Same way traditional elders hardly would come to the church is the same way Christian marital rites should maintain its honour
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by simplesearch: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

. Smiles. You will look back to my last counsel. Continue going to your ayeye and say it's church you're attending. When the time comes, you'll remember someone told you what you were attending was just a social gathering not a church

Spiritually malnourished believers. Tueh

Don't mind gullible religionist blinded by scripturally unfounded man-made teachings who deserve pity, unfortunately they think rational and enlightened believers are the ones in bondage. it's a real pity!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Hugoboi(m): 11:31am On Jan 22, 2021
Somzee:
I thought traditional wedding is the most important of them?
Once a father has given out his daughter in marriage and blessed the couple, marriage has started.

This brings me to my question is white wedding compulsory?

Not at all. The law only recognizes Customary (Traditional) and Statutory (Registry but erroneously and commonly referred to as court wedding) in Nigeria.

Either one suffices under the law. If you can afford both, fine but evidence of any one is enough and constitutes a valid marriage.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by goodheart02(m): 11:31am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way

People like u get so fanatic with Christianity. Even the church wedding is the traditional wedding of the white man, and that's to say we are performing two traditional weddings at same time, while the white man does just one which is the one we borrowed.

Even the Bible says "Marry according to the customs of the land" which is your traditional marriage. And even the ancient jews performed their marriages traditionally till date. Let's stop being fanatics pls. Christianity is not a shroud.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2021
Mikester:
The lady is already his wife as far as marriage is concerned. White wedding is just a borrowed alternative. Most African parents are just demented
@the bolded, seems you're talking from experience.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by fayomim: 11:32am On Jan 22, 2021
[url][/url] no
BusinessCity:

U are 100% wrong... Yu need to read your Bible more and more to understand what traditional marriage is all about. It's written in the bible that you should pay the bride price of the lady to the parent. It is even written in the bible that God recognises the traditional marriage more because that is where the parent gave out their consent and prayer.
I don't know why you guyz like to turn the bible and christianity upside down. Before you speak. Make research more.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Reelmii: 11:33am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

maybe the father is a Lord's Chooen man, na so them dey do
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by alexvic12: 11:33am On Jan 22, 2021
'Church wedding' isn't a part of our culture. The pastors can be called to add their own blessings during the traditional wedding, and then a marriage certificate Issued. Simple.

BusinessCity:

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Paulianfa(m): 11:34am On Jan 22, 2021
Is white wedding our thing? Nigeria with folo folo, white wedding is for western world not our tradition. The father shud allow her daughter to folo d husband home because the dowry has been paid according to our traditions demands, God in heaven blessed the union already and its seems the father is greedy or something...
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2021
simplesearch:

Don't mind gullible religionist blinded by scripturally unfounded man-made teachings who deserve pity, unfortunately they think rational and enlightened believers are the ones in bondage. it's a real pity!

I've been saying this for almost 20 years. Some pastors are busy expanding branches not concerned about the spiritual depth and capacity of its teachers and pastors in the new branches. The real threat to Christianity is solid depth which is grossly lacking on the Christian faith these days. Many are Christians but are unaware of their spiritual conditions and level of spirituality. What a pity. We've been brainwashed to think crowd is God's approval and bight architecture connotations God's greater presence.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:36am On Jan 22, 2021
alexvic12:
'Church wedding' isn't a part of our culture. The pastors can be called to add their own blessings during the traditional wedding, and then a marriage certificate Issued. Simple.

There's no church wedding. Infact what wedding before God I've been maintaining may not even be a party.. Can be between just the two lovers. Enter a church, and stand before God and offer few prayers. Can be or not blessed by a spiritual head. This is the church wedding. The honouring God and not festivities. Why is this such a big deal when it can be done in minutes?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by goodheart02(m): 11:36am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Smiles. Where did he Wed please?

He married according to the customs of his tribe. Go and read your Bible properly. Na pseuodo-christians like u wey no sabi Bible dey make Christianity become mockery. There was no church nor church wedding then.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:37am On Jan 22, 2021
fayomim:
[url][/url] no

U are 100% wrong... Yu need to read your Bible more and more to understand what traditional marriage is all about. It's written in the bible that you should pay the bride price of the lady to the parent. It is even written in the bible that God recognises the traditional marriage more because that is where the parent gave out their consent and prayer.
I don't know why you guyz like to turn the bible and christianity upside down. Before you speak. Make research more.

I've read the Bible cover to cover

Please quite the scripture where God honours traditional marriage more. I can wait the whole day for the answer. I'm not in a hurry
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL- FULLY SOUND AND SUPPORTED. NO BI FIGHT.... If you cant control your sexual urge, then go marry your kind!!!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:38am On Jan 22, 2021
goodheart02:

He married according to the customs of his tribe. Go and read your Bible properly. Na pseuodo-christians like u wey no sabi Bible dey make Christianity become mockery. There was no church nor church wedding then.

Unfortunately it goes both ways. Yes if he picks a girl on the ground the customs of his tribe would suffice. But another hand has authority and that man says this is the avenue I'll hand authority. So what's this POV about?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

I've read the Bible cover to cover

Please quite the scripture where God honours traditional marriage more. I can wait the whole day for the answer. I'm not in a hurry

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, ARGUING WITH A REPROBATE MIND (Sorry I have to use this word). Those that know the truth- KNOW IT cool
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:40am On Jan 22, 2021
galek:

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL- FULLY SOUND AND SUPPORTED. NO BI FIGHT.... If you cant control your sexual urge, then go marry your kind!!!

Simple as ABC

I've seen too many rascal mehn desirous of Christian women and later want to impose filthy rules. Didn't they see rascal women before picking the Christian one?

That's why the scripture says that we shouldn't be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Tell ladies a guy isn't a good choice for them they won't listen until they begin to hit resistance like this one.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Ashirioluwa: 11:40am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

This is not your battle why don't you leave this battle for the owner. Your friend is not you because he never complain
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:40am On Jan 22, 2021
galek:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, ARGUING WITH A REPROBATE MIND (Sorry I have to use this word). Those that know the truth- KNOW IT cool

.. God bless you my brother. That's it actually. Reprobate
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by releastaso(m): 11:40am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

You are mad. You no get sense.
Foolish brainwashed generation. Twee

Who told you it's your pastor in church that needs to make a marriage approved in the presence of God.
Ignorance smelling everywhere.

Was there church or white wedding in the bible ?

When Jesus turned water to wine at a wedding, was it in a church or temple?

Who taught you guys these foolish things? angry angry

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by daywalker02: 11:41am On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small

Does this stop then for having sex, can't Still pay the guy a visit
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:41am On Jan 22, 2021
releastaso:

You are mad. You no get sense.
Foolish brainwashed generation. Twee

Who told you it's your pastor in church that needs to make a marriage approved in the presence of God.
Ignorance smelling everywhere.

Was there church or white wedding in the bible ?

When Jesus turned water to wine at a wedding, was it in a church or temple?

Who taught you guys these foolish things? angry angry

.. Smiles

There are over 250 religions on the earth. For any rites to hold effects, there has to be a leader. Why fight the church?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by focus7: 11:41am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Each institution before the institutional presence. Simple as ABC. Saying God was at traditional and nullifies Christian or church marriage is sick. In that same sense of ideology, they should marry in a cemetery cause God is everywhere.

Where do you see that in the Bible or where is it quoted in the Bible. You know what I considered sick, carrying religion for head or just taking messages and borrowed culture that invented by business pastors to exploit their mumu followers who will not sit down and study the Bible to find out what exactly God is saying over a subject

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Wife Of One Month Jumps Fence After Her Husband Demanded For Her SIM Card / Hilarious Photo: How Birthdays Are Celebrated In The Village / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.