Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57809 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:43am On Jan 22, 2021
focus7:

Where do you see that in the Bible or where is it quoted in the Bible. You know what I considered sick, carrying religion for head or just taking messages and culture that invented by business pastors or borrowed cultures to exploit their mumu followers

Na so

You can guilt trip your kinds not the ones that know the truth. After you can't intellectually debate your points it has resulted to insults. You've proven you're an atheist

Leave Christianity alone and stop being obsessed with Christianity.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by alizma: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Guilt tripping. The things they want to do after the ceremony many have been doing before including communication

Ease off.
Obviously you don't understand what I mean by communication gap. Stop exposing yourself, when you see something online and you don't understand, just ask someone around you or use your Google.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:45am On Jan 22, 2021
Yall picked the wrong person to debate spiritual issues today.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2021
alizma:

Obviously you don't understand what I mean by communication gap. Stop exposing yourself, when you see something online and you don't understand, just ask someone around you or use your Google.

Na so. We know traditional marriages don't have issues. Good one.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Yankee101: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2021
Yes. He's right
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Wisebliss1(m): 11:47am On Jan 22, 2021
Just to fulfil a religious doctrine at the expense of your freewill. What a religious nonsense
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mosesdejaviano(m): 11:51am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

True but whom is the Kolanut, alcoholic drinks offered to.

And who is the rites prayer during the ceremonies offered to?

The altar is where it begins. The tar is the presence. Be it white cloths extravagance, two or three persons. Same way traditional elders hardly would come to the church is the same way Christian marital rites should maintain its honour

I don't know what is required for traditional marriage in the part where you came from. But from my own part, the traditional marriage that was done by my younger sister (blood sister) last December. We didn't ask for alcoholic drinks or kolanut or any diabolical items.

We asked for just normal items and dowry. And on that day. On that day, after prayers from both parents (both parents are pastors). More than 70 pastors were on ground too, where they prayed for the couple.

What I want you to know is that, traditional marriage is what the Bible instructs. And before God, after traditional marriage, they have consummated their union.

White wedding is good but not should be placed above the traditional marriage.

Any decision concerning sexual intimacy should be between the couple. The father of the wife has no authority or hand in it again.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by focus7: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Na so

You can guilt trip your kinds not the ones that know the truth. After you can't intellectually debate your points it has resulted to insults. You've proven you're an atheist

Leave Christianity alone and stop being obsessed with Christianity.

Atheist hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

Why is it that sheeples always result to this whenever they find someone puncturing the laid traditions by their Pharisees like pastors.

Guy am not an atheist, I am just a Christian who decide to know what God is saying on a particular issue rather than what some people are saying to make gain to their pockets

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by goodheart02(m): 11:53am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Unfortunately it goes both ways. Yes if he picks a girl on the ground the customs of his tribe would suffice. But another hand has authority and that man says this is the avenue I'll hand authority. So what's this POV about?

Honestly you're making an argument out of nothing or maybe for the fun of it. Everything is clear. We have been so brainwashed by the white man to think everything traditional and African is absolutely wrong.

I leave u to your ideologies

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2021
mosesdejaviano:

I don't know what is required for traditional marriage in the part where you came from. But from my own part, the traditional marriage that was done by my younger sister (blood sister) last December. We didn't ask for alcoholic drinks or kolanut or any diabolical items.

We asked for just normal items and dowry. And on that day. On that day, after prayers from both parents (both parents are pastors). More than 70 pastors were on ground too, where they prayed for the couple.

What I want you to know is that, traditional marriage is what the Bible instructs. And before God, after traditional marriage, they have consummated their union.

White wedding is good but not should be placed above the traditional marriage.

Any decision concerning sexual intimacy should be between the couple. The father of the wife has no authority or hand in it again.

Thanks.

70 pastors. It is well

What rites were performed in the traditional ceremonies and whom were the alcoholic drinks offered to.

I am resisting the urge to delve into deep spiritisim to explain things

If Christians know what happens at the background of traditional rites in traditional ceremonies they won't do traditional weddings again

Do you know what the drinks, prayers the elders and kola and Co invokes spiritually?

I won't talk much on this. Find deep spiritual people to dig it deeper for you.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by arazanbal: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2021
me i nor understand nigerians anymore when it comes to wedding tins, honestly after d traditional marriage d man is eligible to carry him wife go house. dm forget say d only marriage our LORD JESUS CHRIST attend for Bible na traditional marriage and na dere HIM person HIS first miracle. so all dis church wedding nor join at all except u get money to trow around
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2021
goodheart02:

Honestly you're making an argument out of nothing or maybe for the fun of it. Everything is clear. We have been so brainwashed by the white man to think everything traditional and African is absolutely wrong.

I leave u to your ideologies

Like your own perspective isn't an ideology too

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2021
focus7:

Atheist hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

Why is it that sheeples always result to this whenever they find someone puncturing the laid traditions by their Pharisees like pastors.

Guy am not an atheist, I am just a Christian who decide to know what God is saying on a particular issue rather than what some people are saying to make gain to their pockets

As usual. Shallow minded people who alienate themselves but maintain the labels. Who mentioned money. When has Christian marriage ever been about money?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by KushLyon(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Smiles. Where did he Wed please?

This clearly shows you're completely clueless. Joesph and Mary were betrothed not married....incase you don't know the meaning of betrothed, it means they are engaged and no dowry has been paid yet. Now I know you will reply with insults, prove me wrong

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:58am On Jan 22, 2021
KushLyon:

This clearly shows you're completely clueless. Joesph and Mary were betrothed not married....incase you don't know the meaning of betrothed, it means they are engaged and no dowry has been paid yet. Now I know you will reply with insults, prove me wrong

Simple. Answer the question where did Joseph and Mary Wed?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by chakaz(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

He would have opted for just church wedding instead of the traditional marriage. God recognize traditional marriage and that's why some churches cannot conduct a wedding without the couple performing traditional marriage. The father in law is just being unnecessarily difficult.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by ramatintin(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalised would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way
by right that marriage is legal in the sight of God cos the father has given his blessings already.the father hold for a white man tradition is plain stupidity. Take an example the marriage in Canaan that Jesus attended was there a second marriage after the Jewish traditional ceremony?

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by KushLyon(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

True but whom is the Kolanut, alcoholic drinks offered to.

And who is the rites prayer during the ceremonies offered to?

The altar is where it begins. The tar is the presence. Be it white cloths extravagance, two or three persons. Same way traditional elders hardly would come to the church is the same way Christian marital rites should maintain its honour

Drop a single bible reference to back up your claims, you can't. You have been spewing rubbish ever since without a single scriptural reference, even the devil can quote bible references to back up his lies....just give a single biblical reference that supports your claim that the white wedding is the one true marriage ceremony....now let me watch you spew more thrash without a single bible verse as reference

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by KushLyon(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Simple. Answer the question where did Joseph and Mary Wed?

Give me the verse in the Bible where they wed
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by sleemomymy: 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
The father had collected the dowery. What is left is ceremony. The decision should be between the husband and the wife not the father and the couple.

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by ramatintin(m): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?
who do Africans this thing done die.we take the whiteman traditional wedding as holy matrimony cos of gown n suite
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Tecno66: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:
Two months, just two months and he's already losing patience? Tell that friend not to let two months sabotage a possible lifetime of happiness.
Thank you jare. Men are too much in a hurry these days. Imagine Jacob waiting for fourteen years to marry Rachel, his hearthrob.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by CzarChris(m): 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

All I can say are these immortal words of Bob Nesta Marley "emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, no but ourselves can free our mind".
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mosesdejaviano(m): 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

70 pastors. It is well

What rites were performed in the traditional ceremonies and whom were the alcoholic drinks offered to.

I am resisting the urge to delve into deep spiritisim to explain things

If Christians know what happens at the background of traditional rites in traditional ceremonies they won't do traditional weddings again

Do you know what the drinks, prayers the elders and kola and Co invokes spiritually?

I won't talk much on this. Find deep spiritual people to dig it deeper for you.

I told you no alcoholic drink or kolanut or diabolic item was collected.

A traditional marriage done by a deep rooted Christian family. The prayers are offered to God.

I want you to know that prayers offered during the traditional marriage is based on the spiritual convictions of the parents of the bride and groom.

But if the parents are believers and deep Christians. Holy spirit is the organizer and controller of the traditional marriage.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by IamAtikulate: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
Kondomatic:
They've been legally married before God and man since the day of their traditional marriage. Or didn't the father hand her daughter over to the groom's people that day?

Church wedding is irrelevant to me. We have our own system of marriage before the whites came and it's as good as their own.
Marriage happens when the father WILLINGFULLY hands over the daughter. If you like pay bride price and everything, if the father refuses to hand over the daughter, the marriage doesn't stand.

If the father insists that white wedding is part of the conditions, it is only when the groom meets that we can say there has been a marriage.

White and traditional wedding doesn't matter. There were both made by man.

What matters is the girl's family willing fully handing over the daughter to the man. They can do that without any ceremony or receiving any dime.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by KenModi(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

What do you expect from black people who were told that a white man died for their sins and that he would come down one day from the sky to save them.....and they believed?? Smh
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by ramatintin(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:
Two months, just two months and he's already losing patience? Tell that friend not to let two months sabotage a possible lifetime of happiness.
the father no longer has the right to dictate what happens since he has collected bride price. So the assertion of wait for two months is invalid except he won return the money.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Jimmy231: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small
The one way them done they do before nko
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by NoBones: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
Why him go wan carry her go home before the white wedding?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
PussyKing:

Has the father collected the bride price
Please answer this before I say anything further
YES
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BadBradley: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Guilt tripping. When it comes to honouring God they call it slavery. Tell me what has your libertian ideology that alienates Christine brought you in life? Humble me with credible answers
you made no attempt to answer the question I asked but hurriedly try to emotionally blackmail me and felt entitled to ask your own questions and demand answers.

you're asking me to humble you with credible answers yet accusing me of guilt tripping at the same time.

That, my friend, is one of the disasters you Africans have as Christians; permanently oscillating between science and stupidity and superstition then back to stupidity.

That shows you're not just a slimy human but a very disgusting person and a cheap cheat, never mind a demented confused Christian.

I asked you a simple question: where in your Bible did you see any prophet, or desciple conduct any marriage or where any marriage was done in church or synagogue?

Instead of you to answer, you accused me of guilt tripping, then pose another question to me asking me to show you were my "libertine" ideology has benefited me.

You, my friend, your life and evident brain corrosion and psychological deficiency are all the proof that Africans didn't weather the storm of Christianity very well.

You're a lost soul and sheep irredeemably floating in a delusional salvation!

Orue!!!

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
zedegit:

You lie. Did you buy the daughter or you think dowry means buying?
Is she a goat?
He should have opted for white wedding first since its more important to him

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy / Lady Finds Out Her Sister Is Her Mother (Video) / Married Zimbabwean Woman Caught Cheating With 7 Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.