Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison (67308 Views)

Police Officer Detained For Shooting A Keke Napep Driver To Death In Rivers / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks / Man Punches Taxi Driver To Death In Owerri (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by fauda49(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
Oyerinde16:

him no get sense, Immediately he got the alert, he would have got police report his phone and Atm with other valuable documents were missing, withdraw all the money, buy new phone, do welcome back and collect new atm, if dem arrest am, he tender police report, this will indemnify him.

You are obviously a thief but not a smart one. So, if he reported his phone stolen, his account is stolen too?. You've never heard of audit trail?. If he uses the new sim to transfer the money, wont it be traced? If he withdraw cash, CCTV will also capture him.
You better repent. Crime doesn't pay

2 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nicepoker(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
OmoManU:

is Ilorin not part of the north?
Is in Sudan.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Drizzy5001(m): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
That region is always good at scamming, and skull-mining am not surprised.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
TANID:
exactly What's On My Mind seriously That's A Stupid judgement

Most of those judges are fantastically stupid.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by hartson(m): 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
Will be back to comment
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by TANID(m): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
oldtruth:

Most of those judges are fantastically stupid.
I swear
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Oyerinde16(m): 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
fauda49:

You are obviously a thief but not a smart one. So, if he reported his phone stolen, his account is stolen too?. You've never heard of audit trail?. If he uses the new sim to transfer the money, wont it be traced? If he withdraw cash, CCTV will also capture him.
You better repent. Crime doesn't pay

Your fada is the thief, audit trial ko, audio trial ni, POS now carry CCTV abi... You are just plain silly and dump...

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by GMBuhari: 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

I no understand this judgement oooo

Send to prison with fine, not an option.
Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

Turns out its not only HOR and Senate are stupid

Judges too

I read something similar last week a guy defrauded oyinbo of 9 or 19M

They gave him 6 months and said he has to return the money too

I'm like WTF??

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Canvass: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

That judge is mad. Instead of kukuma saying life imprisonment because the guy can't pay the appended 200k fine from prison, talkless N2m. Prison na CBN?

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by frog12: 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
even in america, they jail them

abbey621:
You jail someone 2 years and still expect him to pay back the money he was kjailed for? What a stupid judge! If not that Nigeria is a useless country, money was transferred by error to his account, was the victim forced or hacked? The victim admitted making the error, that should be between the victim and the bank! When was the guy notified? A day, a week or months after? A credible lawyer could argue that due notice was not given. WHY MUST WE MAKE EVERYTHING SO DIFFICULT IN THIS COUNTRY FOR THE LESS PRIVILEDGE? This looks more like a civil case than a criminal one, pay back the money or go to jail, not go to jail and pay back the money. I can bet anything that if this happened to someone with connections, the judgment would have been completely different! Goes to show that even our judiciary system is poo!

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by prigoz(m): 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

I think day na only me see that ok, may be him go dey do cab driver inside prison

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by ALLFATHER14: 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Very useless judgement.
The guy would have been given an option.
Pay back or serve.
1. serve 2. Pay fine 3. Pay back 2m.
Which kin judgement be that? Even After the suspect pleaded guilty.
Appeal the fucking judgement

It's obvious the Accuser has connections of some sort
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Jephson67: 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
i swear if this driver or anyone related to him can read this comment please message me on barristerjepsonutomu on instagram i dont need your money. i will handle this care and nothing will happen to him. he did not force the to send him any money. it is their job to know who they send money to. the money could be palative for covid 19 for all i care. nigerians need to know their rights
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by KayCee92(m): 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lol, the worst part is that he was ordered to pay back the money before his prison tenure expires. Na the real wahala be this grin grin
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by ontolegit(m): 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
How long will it take for business registration and how much?

quote author=OakConsultNG post=98319125]Interesting..

Meanwhile, take your business to the peak today.. Register your Business, Church and Association also Incorporate your Company with the CAC all at a 20% DISCOUNT today!. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.[/quote]
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by abbey621(m): 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
frog12:
even in america, they jail them

Nigga stop lying!
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by SouthNigerian: 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
smart man,

When it's time to bash the Igbos, you'll be nowhere to be found.

But now, it's the Yorubas turn,
You don turn online unity begger.
Double standard in the highest order.

Tell that to your fulani miscreant masters

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by knowhowk: 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Very useless judgement.

Pay back or serve.

1. serve
2. Pay fine
3. Pay back 2m.

Probably the Judge Na Charge and Bail Lawyer with Little sense of Judgement before he Bribed himself to becoming a Judge ....
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by OmoManU: 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nicepoker:
Is in Sudan.

Sudan where you are from abi.?
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by CountDracula(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Very useless judgement.

Pay back or serve.

1. serve
2. Pay fine
3. Pay back 2m.

Pay a fine? What do you mean pay a fine? A fine implies an amount lower than the original 2 million, why would the court give him that option?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Rodwave: 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
abbey621:
You jail someone 2 years and still expect him to pay back the money he was kjailed for? What a stupid judge! If not that Nigeria is a useless country, money was transferred by error to his account, was the victim forced or hacked? The victim admitted making the error, that should be between the victim and the bank! When was the guy notified? A day, a week or months after? A credible lawyer could argue that due notice was not given. WHY MUST WE MAKE EVERYTHING SO DIFFICULT IN THIS COUNTRY FOR THE LESS PRIVILEDGE? This looks more like a civil case than a criminal one, pay back the money or go to jail, not go to jail and pay back the money. I can bet anything that if this happened to someone with connections, the judgment would have been completely different! Goes to show that even our judiciary system is poo!

The problem with you Nigerians is talking without reasoning. Where you there during the judicial process? How did you know that those things you said were not argued and considered? You are part of the the rotten system.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Rodwave: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
Jephson67:
i swear if this driver or anyone related to him can read this comment please message me on barristerjepsonutomu on instagram i dont need your money. i will handle this care and nothing will happen to him. he did not force the to send him any money. it is their job to know who they send money to. the money could be palative for covid 19 for all i care. nigerians need to know their rights

Shut up. You morally deprived charge and bail quack lawyer. Which right are you talking about? The right to covetousness abi
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by abbey621(m): 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Rodwave:

The problem with you Nigerians is talking without reasoning. Where you there during the judicial process? How did you know that those things you said were not argued and considered? You are part of the the rotten system.

Don't be delusional, look at the man's pic and tell me he had a good lawyer on his side! Look at the judgment and tell me it sounds reasonable! I know you're used to suffering and smiling but in sane societies, this judgment would be thrown out at appeal instantly, don't come here supporting rubbish!
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Lastmankc(m): 1:20am On Jan 23, 2021
If efcc get this kind strength to jail our corrupt politicians. I for like am
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 23, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
To all those asking how the criminal would earn the money and the fine ...you think the Law cares ?

If he doesnt pay back and on time, he would have an extended stay with "free accommodation" in jail.

It serves him right. Punishments like this would help correct the terrible criminal mentality a lot of people have....

It's not shocking Africa or more specifically Nigeria is in such a sorry state when majority of commenters are in support of the criminal and probably would have tried to abscond with an erroneous bank deposit if it happened to them too.

It was his duty to report to the bank and not spend the money. I wonder what his supporters would have said if the N2million was their own hard earned money
I wish I could like this comment more than once.
We like to think its poverty that has turned EVERY Nigerian into a criminal in waiting.
But I think it's the criminality in our dna that has brought poverty upon us.
Man has 2 natures:Good and bad.God gave us the freewill to choose the one we will run with and also the knowledge to see where each road ends.
Nigerians have chosen the bad over and over again..
That's why you are seeing all these comments.
Where I worked a man mistakenly transferred 1.5m to the wrong account and almost died from panic.
They never imagine or try to imagine being the one at the receiving end
Wicked demonic souls that will still go to church 7 days of the week.
Some of them are even using politicians to.justify their twisted logic!Nonsense!
Why would that wretched driver spend money that obviously doesn't belong to him?His leaking brain did not advise him to return the money and maybe(not a must o but for compensation sake)get like 100k in gratitude?
I'm glad this news made it this far so that at least a few idiots will realise that such actions have consequences.
He should spend 10 years in jail!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by flexyshedxy77(m): 7:01am On Jan 23, 2021
Me i no understand this judge.
Client don pay now their wan arrest my guy.
No refund after payment. From section 300 Of scamming and is punishable by no. 254 of the Yahoo boys law (YBA).
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by iamL(f): 11:28am On Jan 23, 2021
Good for him. The average Nigerian is devilish when it comes to money issues.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nicepoker(m): 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
[s]
cpu2006:

Empty brain. Oponu, Eranko wink wink wink
[/s]
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by BluntCrazeMan: 2:23am On Jan 31, 2021
RealLordZeus:

Poor People Suffer A Lot
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by omonnakoda: 5:12pm On May 09, 2021
I believe the harshness of this judgment was to send a signal to the public
Sadly many people still wallow in the unfortunate belief that there is no crime in spending such money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic) / Ritualists Murder Girl On Her Way To Church In Delta, Remove Vital Organs / London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.