Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough (54902 Views)

Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by naijadrivablog: 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
Enough Is Enough: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From

I have read several misconceptions on social media over the years that all parts of IMO State is expensive to Marry from. Even recently, a lady who is supposedly from IMO State made a viral video of how men from IMO don't marry "them" (ladies from IMO State).

I write this article to clear the air about this generalisation about marriage in IMO State. I am a married man from Imo State and well travelled individual and take it from me when I tell you that NOT ALL parts of IMO State is expensive to marry from. Stop the ignorance and stop peddling lies.

Also, I noticed that most people mistake Bride Price to be the only money paid in traditional marriages, as you can hear one say, "IMO bride price na 1 Million Naira", etc.

Bride price in an Igbo Traditional marriage is the agreed sum (by law, it is N50 but families can state the amount they want) paid by the groom or his family member to the family of the bride. This has both physical and spiritual implications as the authority over the bride is passed to the groom and his family via that sum and other rites performed during traditional marriages. Even if you, in a traditional marriage, kill 100 cows, give your inlaws both gold and diamonds but haven't paid the bride price of a woman, YOU ARE NOT married. Most times, a family may charge, for example, N10,000 but will return a sum from it to the groom, while saying that they are not selling their daughter and other pieces of advice.

Apart from bride price, other items like goat, yams, snuff, kola, garden egg and so on are written on a MARRIAGE LIST usually given to the prospective groom, upon acceptance of marriage proposal and Introduction of both families of the groom and bride.

It is true that some parts are expensive to marry from but this article will focus on the largely unmentioned areas that you can marry from without spending an arm and leg.

I must state here that whatever items any part of the Imo State or any other place in Nigeria require as traditional marriage rites to give out their daughters' hand in marriage is their prerogative.

Below are some of the areas in IMO State where you won't spend an arm and leg to get married (traditionally):

1. Orlu (Ihioma, Umuna etc)

2. Oru West and Oru East (Amagu, Mgbidi, Akata, Ubulu (formerly called, Ubulu Ihejiofor), Nempi etc)

3. Orlu LGA (Awo Idemili, Amannachi, Amaebu, Umuhu Okabia (Cubana Chief priest's village), etc
4. Isu/Njaba axis (Ekwe, Ofekata Orodo etc)

5. Onuimo LGA

6. Nwangele LGA (Linda Ikeji's place)

7. Ideato South and Ideator North (Akokwa, Osina, Obodoukwu etc)

8. Even some places in the feared Owerri is cheap, eg. Agwa

I know that some villages/towns in these Local Government areas may be "expensive" to marry from but you can add other areas that you know are cheap to marry from.

This is a new year, find love, go for what you want. IMO ladies hardly abandon their husbands when things are tough (there are exceptions though), most are hardworking, Most are God fearing, they are the most beautiful, they HARDLY marry and remarry or engage in extramarital affairs, they are sociable, they are ambitious and so on.

NOTE: In every 12 Apostles, there must be a Judas so, pray and understudy your prospective wife.

Expensive traditional marriage can be when you spend 600,000 Naira to 1 Million Naira or more TO FULFILL ALL the REQUIREMENTS IN THE MARRIAGE LIST (decoration, band, DJ, Aso Ebi and other things in a traditional marriage event not inclusive)

While an affordable marriage is when you spend 50,000 Naira to 300,000 or less to FULFILL ALL THE REQUIREMENTS in the MARRIAGE LIST (DJ, Aso Ebi, food, etc not inclusive)

If there are areas that I didn't cover, please add.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Moferere: 11:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
Wetin want carry me go Njaba?

With those plenty snakes?

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by naijadrivablog: 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2021
Other affordable place to marry:

√√√Nkwerre -
Linda Ikeji's village (not Nwangele pls)
cc: lalasticlala see if you can replace "Nwangele" with Nkwerre.
√√√Oguta (Charley Boy's place)

√√√
Afara
√√√ Eziama Obiato,
√√√Ifakala (Chidinma Ekile's village)
√√√ Ogbaku
√√√ Ubommiri (Pawpaw of Aki and Pawpaw fame). They are said to be very friendly and hospitable.
√√√ Umunoha (Mbaitoli LGA)

Moferere:
Wetin want carry me go Njaba?

With those plenty snakes?

You don tell lalasticl.ala why he must visit Njaba be that cheesy

PS: No 3 above is ORSU LGA and not Orlu. cc:lalasticlala, see if you can change it. (autocorrect)

MarveworldG:
Orsu local government also included

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Moferere: 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
naijadrivablog:

You don tell lalasticlala why he must visit Njaba be that cheesy

grin grin grin

Njaba - Imo

Idemili - Anambra

Dem get snakes like sand

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by naijadrivablog: 6:02am On Jan 22, 2021
For other Igbos always castigating other ones from Other States(INTRA-TRIBAL hatred), stop it!

I married from Anambra (na where love been carry me go) and I know what I was billed. My cousin married from Azia in Ihiala LGA of Anambra, we almost cancelled the wedding the. because of outrageous Marriage list.

Is it Enugu? Some places like Ngwo and other places I cant mention is expensive to marry from.

Is it Abia? What about Ngwa expensive marriage, and other numerous places there

My point is, don't come here and paint your State as cheap to marry from just to feel superior (Some Igbos do this and this is BAD sad)

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by okoroemeka(m): 6:42am On Jan 22, 2021
imo state the land of beautiful women,I am from arondizuogu in idea to north LGA,#150k will get you the requirements in the list,while the bride price is #25 naira,you are traditionally married,if you like you can call Lady Gaga to be your mc we don't care.

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by JOACHINpedro: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugu and palmwine are like inseparable siemese twins kiss

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BlessedNuel: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2021
Noted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by mrbaba18(m): 8:56am On Jan 22, 2021
nsu in ehime mbano with 200k u are done with traditional marriage
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Skepticus: 10:02am On Jan 22, 2021
MGTOW guys MGTOW.

Guys, stop making yourself the retirement plan and financial slaves of these spent, overfucked sluts because of their worn-out pussay.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
Meow meow.

I’m not impressed!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by salbis(m): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dat one no follow the problem wey we get for we country. So make una sort out una selves for that part of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by slawormiir: 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Bros op Tell us a story ...

As a Bini son i will just put on my intellectual cap while blazing my weed and read comments...

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ahahahaha. Cheap or expensive Igbo wives, a sale is a sale.

Why must anyone collect anything in the first place in the name of marriage list just because your daughter is getting married? Whether you call it dowry or you call it marriage list, the money is coming from the groom's pocket. Do you disrespect your daughters so much as to be exchanging her for a list of material things? Call it tradition to make yourself feel good, but it is just another display of greed and entitlement on the part of the bride's family.

If you must collect anything as part of the marriage list, collect as much as you want and hand it over to the new couple to start life with instead of camouflaging your greed as tradition. Any family who so brazenly displays greed on the account of their daughter getting married lacks shame.

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Jagznation(m): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
oga it is expensive leave matter for Mathias

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by MarveworldG: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
Orsu local government also included

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by The5DME(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
l
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BusinessCity: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lol
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by fait10(m): 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
E be like say the person wey write this thing don dey turn to evening newspaper. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by RichDad1(m): 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
Greediness runs in their blood.
Modern day slavery all in the name of bride price.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
eeyah, this advice is targeted at the Demons themselves grin, I always like the obsession the Eastern ladies show to those demons.

1 Like

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by DryMouth: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
Enough is not enough anything...
I will not pay even 1naira for bride price except that girl is a virgin...
Imagine how guys fvck girls dis days and u expect me to still pay to marry her.
I won't try such. I rather go the fulani tribe and marry...

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by wellmax(m): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
...Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From

But Imo still remains the most expensive place to marry. It is also the HQ of promiscuities in Nigeria

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by VEXT: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
Who want marry imo gals... Dem go move out of your house go dey stay for hotel ...The women there sleep with anything that have dick... God forbid....

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Bonesking(m): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
Remain blessed bro. Orlu areas has one of most affordable traditional marriage in Igboland.
Places were you tend to have high bride prices are Mbaise and parts of Owerri.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by DisLifeSha: 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
God will see me through if I want to marry an Igbo girl from Imo state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BusinessCity: 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
For other Igbos always castigating other ones from Other States, stop it!

I married from Anambra (na where love been carry me go) and I know what I was billed. My cousin married from Azia in Ihiala LGA of Anambra, we almost cancelled the wedding the. because of outrageous Marriage list.

Is it Enugu? Some places like Ngwo and other llaces I cant mention is expensive to marry from.

Is it Abia? What about Ngwa expensive marriage, and other numerous places there

My point is, don't come here and paint your State as cheap to marry from just to feel superior (Some Igbos do this and this is BAD sad)

I agree
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by sammirano: 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
METWHHH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years / Man Lies On A Gutter For His Pregnant Wife To Pass (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.