Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

HELP Land I Bought Belongs To Housing Corporation - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / HELP Land I Bought Belongs To Housing Corporation (198 Views)

Help Land Issue / The Land I Bought #2.5million Last Year Is Now #5million Naira. / 30plots Of Land (i.e 5acres) With C Of O Title At Sangotedo Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP Land I Bought Belongs To Housing Corporation by expertman(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2021
Dear NL,

Please I am in a serious mess right now, A friend of mine told me some land are available in his own domain few weeks back.

So I told him I am interested due to infrastructure in the Area he lived IDI Aba, Abeokuta.

So I ask him who owns the land he told me it belongs to his friend dad who is omo onile that they are very close I never doubted him because he was a good friend to me and also a landlord in that area.

Long story short I visited the land the first shown to me wasn't my spec so I ask if they got another

The omo onile said yes and took me to another, getting there I love it not too far from road.

We discussed about prices and I ask from a man who is the one using the land to farm what he can say about it .

He told me the omo onile are the owners of the land that the government gave it to them.

Well I paid after few days no much houses around it most houses there are uncompleted.

So I decided to do a four corner fence on it after corner piece.

When the fence building was going on the owners of uncompleted building around it came and congratulate me with smile and happiness that the place is growing.

But I noticed they told me they both bought theirs from Housing corporations, and they have their own allocation paper.

I said I never knew this place is an estate and I bought mine from omo onile.

He said he is aware the said land had been allocated to some one that I should ask the omo omile for the allocation papers and all.

We both smile and dined that day.

Immediately the following day I went to the omo onile and told him.what I heard .

He affirm that its true that they acquired the d via litigation back from government.

That he will bring me the papers the following week.

My mind was calm so I continued with my fencing.

Yesterday he brought two papers one a punch new paper dated back to 2015 when it was reported that some lands will returned back to some families.

The other was a computer type setting stating some.lands are not accusations has it had been return!

I told him Franky this is not a court litigation papers one which I was expecting him to bring.

Fellow pls if government returns land to family what documents will they give the families?

Also please if it went contrary to his claim what's the best way I can resolve this as my friend which took me to him says at worst he will give me another land whereas I spent more than 400k on the fencing.

Your contributions and advice's will be highly appreciated pls no hates words on my person pls.

Thanks
Re: HELP Land I Bought Belongs To Housing Corporation by Freestainworld(m): 10:59am On Jan 22, 2021
You have to confirm from the appropriate authorities to know if the land was actually returned, and the necessary papers to prove it, don't dull this as you have already invested in the land.
Re: HELP Land I Bought Belongs To Housing Corporation by expertman(m): 11:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Exactly the investment on the land is my major challenges.

Omo onile guy couldn't bring forth any papers other than the ones I alighted above.

Pls can u direct me on possible ways to confirm from Ogun state Housing Corporation if the land had been Returned without using a surveyor .

As I do not want to incurred any more expenses other than I have already done.

My friend says he told him I can't destroy the fence then if am not satisfy.

Of a truth no one came to challenge me throughout the fencing time and all.

Is it possible for me to collect the fencing expenses back from him if I later get to know the land wasn't his?

Freestainworld:
You have to confirm from the appropriate authorities to know if the land was actually returned, and the necessary papers to prove it, don't dull this as you have already invested in the land.
Re: HELP Land I Bought Belongs To Housing Corporation by expertman(m): 11:16am On Jan 22, 2021
Mod pls I need more response pls help push to FP
Re: HELP Land I Bought Belongs To Housing Corporation by Freestainworld(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2021
expertman:
Exactly the investment on the land is my major challenges.

Omo onile guy couldn't bring forth any papers other than the ones I alighted above.

Pls can u direct me on possible ways to confirm from Ogun state Housing Corporation if the land had been Returned without using a surveyor .

As I do not want to incurred any more expenses other than I have already done.

My friend says he told him I can't destroy the fence then if am not satisfy.

Of a truth no one came to challenge me throughout the fencing time and all.

Is it possible for me to collect the fencing expenses back from him if I later get to know the land wasn't his?

If you know any good surveyor or an architect, you can talk to them, they know how to inquire about these things, but don't be afraid, you will be fine, only try and see that you get the necessary paper work a for the land for future purposes.

Re: HELP Land I Bought Belongs To Housing Corporation by expertman(m): 11:31am On Jan 22, 2021
[quote author=Freestainworld post=98320395][/quote]

Alright brother thanks I appreciate .

I will get a surveyor.

(1) (Reply)

TO Let:-room Self Contain(s) *@ Onipanu, Palmgrove & Jibowu, Lagos.. / New Location Alert! / Property For Sale At Akesan, Igando. #140m Asking Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.