Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,637,733 members, 6,170,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 February 2021 at 10:15 AM

Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) (4610 Views)

Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 4:59pm On Jan 22
Hello guys, we will be sharing information on UAE work and lifestyle. The challenges associated with Woking and living in UAE.

I will start by saying in UAE everything works, I am talking about public utilities, transportation, electricity, security, water, food, house etc.

Although the standard of living is high just like what is applicable in other advance countries but you get value for money.

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) consists of seven independent city-states: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Umm al-Qaiwain, Fujairah, Ajman and Ra's al-Khaimah they all functions independently. Each state has the autonomy to develop their city to taste, those cities are developed to attract tourists and generate huge resources, their main source of generating fund is through tourism.

The UAE is one of the top ten richest countries in the world, and yet a large percentage of the population lives in poverty — an estimated 19.5 percent. Poverty in the UAE can be seen in the labour conditions of the working class. Migrants come to Dubai looking for work and send remittances back to their families. Their work system and condition of living is our focus on this thread in other to guide people that have intension of travelling to UAE in other to make a living.

We will be looking on how people living in UAE are surviving with the work situation and the living standard. This will go a long way to guide those planning to live and work there.

I know most of my readers traveling on this route will also throw more light based on their experience to help others, this will help to know what to do when it comes to when traveling to UAE

Like I said, our focus is on how people especially our young ones (job seeker) can survive at same time make a living while living in any of those cities in UAE.

1 Like

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by willsonzzy: 5:30pm On Jan 22
The eagle has landed..Bros no disappoint ohh��
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 5:45pm On Jan 22
I still dey UAE bro, trying to do what is needful to facilitate long time relationship here. There is need to help people that already Kalas in UAE.

willsonzzy:
The eagle has landed..Bros no disappoint ohh��
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by willsonzzy: 6:02pm On Jan 22
No wahala I don take sit already
rev2214:
I still dey UAE bro, trying to do what is needful to facilitate long time relationship here. There is need to help people that already Kalas in UAE.

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Stevecreativex: 8:53pm On Jan 22
Following aggressively....Biko don’t kill this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Freedomfsl: 9:56pm On Jan 22
Do you have legit information about the freelance visa? Not interested in getting a job there

2 Likes

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by sexymonkey(m): 10:15am On Jan 23
Following up.
I'm interested in leaving Nigeria next year.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Stewart883(m): 11:48am On Jan 23
Another thread Dead on arrival
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23
Freelance is one of the best visa in UAE, with this you're free to do business freely enter the country whenever you deem it fit but only if you've the financial strength, is either you apply for the high profile or low profile category.

Low profile dhs9k valid 2yrs
High profile dhs10k valid 2yrs

Individual who does have the capacity can get a job then build their resources through saving and get theirs too. You can get a paid job from 1200dhs with accommodation in UAE. Convert the money to dh1/₦133 is 159,600 but make sure you stay in your work place is very expensive to be moving around the city. And if you must use buses.

But I will advise to stay in your job location, it will help you to build your money.

I hope this help? Just chat me when you're ready

Freedomfsl:
Do you have legit information about the freelance visa? Not interested in getting a job there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23
No issue, but is good to think more of USA or Canada. Let this place be a ground for you to build yourself for that. Is just an advise.

sexymonkey:
Following up.
I'm interested in leaving Nigeria next year.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23
Be STILL and shall see the glory of the Lord

Stewart883:
Another thread Dead on arrival
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by sexymonkey(m): 1:15pm On Jan 23
rev2214:
No issue, but is good to think more of USA or Canada. Let this place be a ground for you to build yourself for that. Is just an advise.

yeah canada is tthe target but I want to follow the less crowded route.

1 Like

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 1:18pm On Jan 23
Get our Advise on
Visa
Ticket booking
Job search
Logistics
Agent fee
Accommodation
Monthly salary package
How to maintain low budget on feeding to save money
Citi-Transportation (optional) this will depend on the type of job you get, the system is programmed for people to work late go home sleep and wake up in the morning then back to work.

If you need advice on any of this related issue on how to work, eat & live on a low budget don't hesitate to chat +971555376924 in UAE or +2347081696734 in Nigeria. But if you have a lot of money to spend don't bother to call us because UAE is for you.

2 Likes

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 1:25pm On Jan 23
sexymonkey:
yeah canada is tthe target but I want to follow the less crowded route.

While in UAE you can arrange yourself, God is on our side
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by sexymonkey(m): 1:35pm On Jan 23
rev2214:

While in UAE you can arrange yourself, God is on our side
Thanks boss
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 1:36pm On Jan 23
sexymonkey:
Thanks boss

You're welcome
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by willsonzzy: 4:54pm On Jan 23
Rev2214,is there any hope for a plumber over there? and how much do I need to come over.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Godson1988(m): 6:26pm On Jan 23
@Rev2214,what are the job prospect for someone with 2:1,have experienced for almost 4years in the banking sector here in Nigeria,await your response.thanks.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:08pm On Jan 23
willsonzzy:
Rev2214,is there any hope for a plumber over there? and how much do I need to come over.

You can get a job as a plumber, plumbing is a skill. Salary can be up 1400dhs with accommodation. I'm positive about this because I went to inspect a site myself.

5 Likes

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23
The truth .......you've to first embrace whatever you're offer when you get to UAE. Then find out how to get a better offer. But the challenge people faced about what I've just said is that once you get a job, you're in a 2yrs contract which is applied in most company that promise you visa, definitely you can't just walk away from one job to another one except is not contract, although in some of those companies allow workers to stop work after 6 months. But I don't know how someone will survive without steady income.

Alternatively you can just applied for job directly from Nigeria (go online) check through I guess you will see the one that suits you.

Godson1988
post=98367089:

@Rev2214,what are the job prospect for someone with 2:1,have experienced for almost 4years in the banking sector here in Nigeria,await your response.thanks.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Godson1988(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23
Can you please help drop some job sites,and if you don't mind your WhatsApp number.Thanks.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by miriamchi(f): 12:15am On Jan 24
rev2214:

You can get a job as a plumber, plumbing is a skill. Salary can be up 1400dhs with accommodation. I'm positive about this because I went to inspect a site myself.
how about getting a safety job?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:33am On Jan 24
miriamchi:
how about getting a safety job?

I don't really understand what you mean by safety job please explain better. Thanks
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:35am On Jan 24
You can use Google search or see my signature for WhatsApp number

Godson1988:
Can you please help drop some job sites,and if you don't mind your WhatsApp number.Thanks.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 6:42pm On Jan 24
Hi There,

I'm interested in knowing more about the freelance visa please,what's the difference between the high profile and low profile apart from the price bro?

And what's the average price for accommodation in Dubai to be precise?

Thanks.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 7:30pm On Jan 24
Both will give you access to UAE to stay, work and do business

But the number of people you can place on your high profile is more than low, in high profile you can place your family member including maid etc but little different in low profile. Although you can upgrade later

Accommodate is costly but you can team up with other or just get a bed space for yourself, cost varies from city to city.

House in dubai is more expensive than the one in sharjah etc.

Don't forget I said some companies do provide accommodation

CryptoRepublic1:
Hi There,

I'm interested in knowing more about the freelance visa please,what's the difference between the high profile and low profile apart from the price bro?

And what's the average price for accommodation in Dubai to be precise?

Thanks.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 8:11pm On Jan 24
rev2214:
Both will give you access to UAE to stay, work and do business

But the number of people you can place on your high profile is more than low, in high profile you can place your family member including maid etc but little different in low profile. Although you can upgrade later

Accommodate is costly but you can team up with other or just get a bed space for yourself, cost varies from city to city.

House in dubai is more expensive than the one in sharjah etc.

Don't forget I said some companies do provide accommodation

Thanks bro.

Can you link me with processing agency please since I don't have a sponsor?

Thanks again.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 8:13pm On Jan 24
I

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 8:15pm On Jan 24
Sorry for posting those screenshots but on the Google it was showing me options for 3 years as well.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24
That is the least in the matter.....lol

CryptoRepublic1:

Thanks bro.

Can you link me with processing agency please since I don't have a sponsor?

Thanks again.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:49pm On Jan 24
Apply in the UAE

If you have a family member or near relative who is a UAE resident, they can apply for a visa on your behalf at any of our ticketing offices in the UAE. Please note that this service is only available to residents of the UAE.

Required applicant documents:

A colour passport photograph

A colour copy of your passport (must be valid for six months)

A copy of your Emirates flight ticket, or your flight ticket from our code share partner

The visa application form

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:57pm On Jan 24
Prearranged UAE visas

48-hour
48 hours US$10
Non-extendable

96-hour
4 days from arrival dateUS$30
Non-extendable

Tourist – short term (single entry)
30 days from arrival date
US$90
Extendable US$230

Tourist – short term (multiple entry)
30 days from first entry
US$175
Extendable US$230

Tourist – long term (single entry)
90 days from arrival dateUS$190
Extendable US$230

Tourist – long term (multiple entry)
90 days from first entry
US$460
Extendable US$230

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/news/new-uae-residency-policy-foreign-students-can-sponsor-families

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

= / Travel Guide To Banjul, Gambia From Nigeria / Illegal Entry By Spain In The Schengen Information System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.