Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,637,736 members, 6,170,282 topics. Date: Friday, 26 February 2021 at 10:25 AM

Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) (4611 Views)

Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by yungchop: 12:14pm On Feb 01
rev2214:

No be so, I don't think that will happen except you're covid-19 positive
and

Ebuka on his thread said he was quarantined for 14 days o and he's not covid positive.. I'll try to tag him here
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by yungchop: 12:16pm On Feb 01
rev2214:

No be so, I don't think that will happen except you're covid-19 positive

Cc Ebuka10box
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Uglychicki(f): 12:42pm On Feb 01
rev2214:

Is better you do 90days to avoid any unnecessary stress but let me confirm 30dys if possible for first timer

I will do the 90 days then

1 Like

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by ebuka10box(m): 1:03pm On Feb 01
yungchop:
and

Ebuka on his thread said he was quarantined for 14 days o and he's not covid positive.. I'll try to tag him here
if u are moving to Abu Dhabi
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 3:56pm On Feb 01
ebuka10box:

Oh OK Abu Dhabi... Are you that is still happening? I Can't validate the information at the moment
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 5:12pm On Feb 01
rev2214:

Freelance visa process is within 6weeks, if you're traveling March then we fill application through immigration office

We're probably easing off from lockdown on the 5th of March ,so what and what would you need to start the process bro?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 6:28pm On Feb 01
ebuka10box:

This will cost you like 100k
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 6:30pm On Feb 01
Read our past conversation bro

CryptoRepublic1:

We're probably easing off from lockdown on the 5th of March ,so what and what would you need to start the process bro?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Dwanay(m): 6:38pm On Feb 01
I'm a tiler in Nigeria ... 2 years working experience... though I know tiling in other countries is kinda different from ours... don't know if I can gt trained as a tiler in UAE... apprenticeship or something like that
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by ebuka10box(m): 7:30pm On Feb 01
rev2214:

This will cost you like 100k
nah
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 3:58pm On Feb 02
rev2214:
Apply in the UAE

If you have a family member or near relative who is a UAE resident, they can apply for a visa on your behalf at any of our ticketing offices in the UAE. Please note that this service is only available to residents of the UAE.

Required applicant documents:

A colour passport photograph

A colour copy of your passport (must be valid for six months)

A copy of your Emirates flight ticket, or your flight ticket from our code share partner

The visa application form

Hey bro,
These documents are to be scanned and emailed right?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Mike213: 4:40pm On Feb 02
ebuka10box:
nah

Where can I do COVID-19 test in Lagos boss??
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by oluolu23(m): 11:22pm On Feb 02
Dwanay:
I'm a tiler in Nigeria ... 2 years working experience... though I know tiling in other countries is kinda different from ours... don't know if I can gt trained as a tiler in UAE... apprenticeship or something like that
don't bother urslf on two years visa , process a three months visa and come to UAE. there are lots of jobs for tilers, building and construction workers.

1 Like

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 9:55am On Feb 03
Yes

CryptoRepublic1:

Hey bro,
These documents are to be scanned and emailed right?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 9:56am On Feb 03
Text me on WhatsApp and I will send you the link or check online

Mike213:

Where can I do COVID-19 test in Lagos boss??
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 10:17am On Feb 03
Select a country to dis virgin your pp

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by gees101(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03
cc: rev2214
please what's the cost and assurance of getting a security job in uae from Nigeria
and please what's that minimum salary for a security
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 5:26pm On Feb 03
gees101:
cc: rev2214
please what's the cost and assurance of getting a security job in uae from Nigeria
and please what's that minimum salary for a security

I'm aware that getting a security job will require going through training courses in UAE I will advise you check and apply online, you'll see renumeration details too
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by gees101(m): 10:00pm On Feb 03
rev2214:

I'm aware that getting a security job will require going through training courses in UAE I will advise you check and apply online, you'll see renumeration details too
thanks
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Uwaiwe: 6:58am On Feb 04
yungchop:

Dem go quarantine you for 14days o
There's no quarantine in Dubai as far as you have valid negative Covid-19 result. Abu Dhabi and other Emirates do quarantine. Once u arrive and complete your PCR test with negative result. You start your life right away in Dubai. No isolation or quarantine
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 10:59am On Feb 04
Uwaiwe:

There's no quarantine in Dubai as far as you have valid negative Covid-19 result. Abu Dhabi and other Emirates do quarantine. Once u arrive and complete your PCR test with negative result. You start your life right away in Dubai. No isolation or quarantine

Thanks mate
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 7:48pm On Feb 04
rev2214:
Yes

Hey bro,
I just discovered that I can actually get visa on arrival there,so maybe if you can arrange a place to stay for me and we can apply for the freelance visa while I'm there,what do you think?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:03pm On Feb 04
Is fine too
You'll pay for logistics
Accommodation
Agent fee when you get a job

CryptoRepublic1:

Hey bro,
I just discovered that I can actually get visa on arrival there,so maybe if you can arrange a place to stay for me and we can apply for the freelance visa while I'm there,what do you think?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 8:28pm On Feb 04
rev2214:
Is fine too
You'll pay for logistics
Accommodation

How much are we talking about bro?

How easy do you think it's to get the freelance visa +2yrs resident permit bro?

Atm I'm not planning on getting a job there for now,since I work for myself,but you never know.

How much is your service bro?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 9:16pm On Feb 04
This is a repeated conversation bro. Freelance visa is 9000 & 10000 respectively. Check past post

CryptoRepublic1:

How much are we talking about bro?

How easy do you think it's to get the freelance visa +2yrs resident permit bro?

Atm I'm not planning on getting there for now,since I work for myself,but you never know.

How much is your service bro?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 10:07pm On Feb 04
rev2214:
This is a repeated conversation bro. Freelance visa is 9000 & 10000 respectively. Check past post

I know bro,so the money is the problem?once there's money it's guaranteed that it'll be done? and is the agency fee included in the 9&10k?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by CryptoRepublic1: 10:11pm On Feb 04
rev2214:
Is fine too
You'll pay for logistics
Accommodation

I was actually referring to this when I asked how much are we talking about here.

I meant how much for all these listed?

I just took your number from here bro and hopefully I'll chat with you tomorrow on WhatsApp please God.

Thanks.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by justagirltoo: 6:48am On Feb 06
rev2214:

You can get a paid job from 1200dhs with accommodation in UAE. Convert the money to dh1/₦133 is 159,600

how do you send money to Nigeria at this rate please?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Mike213: 9:50am On Feb 06
rev2214:

Even if it’s a repeated conversation aren’t you here to make money. Are you not on nairaland to make money or do you do free jobs??

Personally don’t send money to this dude.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Mike213: 9:53am On Feb 06
Uwaiwe:

Please Uwaiwe let me get you well, I will do d Covid-19 test in Nigeria 72 hours before I travel and also when I get to Dubai I will also do another one right?? Do I need to pay for the other one in Dubai?? And how much please

I am coming over this month

1 Like

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Uwaiwe: 2:59pm On Feb 06
Mike213:

Please Uwaiwe let me get you well, I will do d Covid-19 test in Nigeria 72 hours before I travel and also when I get to Dubai I will also do another one right?? Do I need to pay for the other one in Dubai?? And how much please

I am coming over this month
All passengers arriving into Dubai from any point of origin (GCC countries included) must hold a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before departure.When you arrive, You may need to take another COVID‑19 PCR test on arrival. If you take a test at the airport, you must remain in your hotel or residence until you receive the test result.If the test result is positive, you will be required to undergo isolation and follow the Dubai Health Authority guidelines.You must also download the COVID19 – DXB Smart App iOS‑Andro. Covid-19 Test in Dubai is cheap compared to Naija. I paid 150AED at Aster clinic for a test yesterday.
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Cousin9999: 3:03pm On Feb 06
Israeli sex tourists aggravate UAE's human trafficking ordeal
The main victims of human trafficking hail from India, Pakistan, China, and Bangladesh
Most migrants are compelled to sign employment contracts in a language they’re unable to read and thus agreeing to conditions and wages far lower than they had been promised
Traffickers employ many tactics to force women to work, often locking the victims in small rooms without food or water and subjecting them to physical and verbal abuse

https://www.brecorder.com/news/40056662

Dubai sex trafficking victims relate tales of duplicity and horror
Victims were forced into prostitution after going to Dubai with dreams of luxurious life and high salary

The victims claimed that the trafficking ring had connections with the passport office and airport immigration.

That is why we see human traffickers sending people to Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Bahrain.

These victims came from lower or lower middle class families and couldn’t have shown a bank statement to get visas for Dubai.
https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2020/09/12/dubai-sex-victims-relate-tales-of-duplicity-and-horror

Visiting Dubai Is Like Standing on the Sidelines of a Gang Rape
Dubai is one of the toughest, most well-known centers of modern slavery and human trafficking. Beneath the glittering facade of a paradise in the desert lurks a cruel and lethal system of recruitment, transportation, transfer, kidnaping and defrauding of human beings – mostly women – by means of the threat of force, or the actual use of force, as well as other types of coercion. The purpose of the system is exploitation for the purpose of prostitution, other types of sexual exploitation, forced labor or employment in conditions of slavery.

In the United Arab Emirates there are over 8 million work migrants, constituting over 95 percent of the country’s private work force. They work for a very low wage in construction, or as servants. Most of these workers are victims of human trafficking or forced labor.

Outwardly, the governments of the UAE cluck their tongues and occasionally expel a p1mp who is caught, but in fact traffickers in women work under protection of the government, which sells itself as a consumers’ paradise, where human beings are also a consumer good.
https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/.premium-visiting-dubai-is-like-standing-on-the-sidelines-during-a-gang-rape-1.9335739

Dubai’s Role in Facilitating Corruption and Global Illicit Financial Flows
part of what underpins Dubai’s prosperity is a steady stream of illicit proceeds borne from corruption and crime. The wealth has helped to fuel the emirate’s booming real estate market; enrich its bankers, moneychangers, and business elites; and turn Dubai into a major gold trading hub. Meanwhile, both Emirati leaders and the international community continue to turn a blind eye to the problematic behaviors, administrative loopholes, and weak enforcement practices that make Dubai a globally attractive destination for dirty money.
https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/07/07/dubai-s-role-in-facilitating-corruption-and-global-illicit-financial-flows-pub-82180

The UAE’s Kafala System: Harmless or Human Trafficking?
Labor migration to the UAE is regulated by a private sponsorship system known as kafala, which has existed in the Gulf Cooperation Council states and other Middle Eastern countries for decades. The laws and procedures of the kafala system vary from state to state.

Migrant workers who are trafficked into forced labor are typically recruited by agents who charge high recruitment fees in exchange for secure work permits and employment in the UAE.
Migrant workers who are trafficked into forced labor are typically recruited by agents who charge high recruitment fees in exchange for secure work permits and employment in the UAE. However, once in the UAE, victims are made to sign contracts they often do not understand and that include conditions different from what they were promised. They are then forced to work long hours in cramped labor camps. Wages are low, payments are made infrequently, and living and sanitary conditions are poor. The workers inevitably fall into situations of debt bondage and find themselves compelled to accept the terms and conditions imposed on them. This is particularly common among construction, domestic, and lower-level service workers.8

https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/07/07/uae-s-kafala-system-harmless-or-human-trafficking-pub-82188

30 US congressmen call for urgent action on UAE and Middle East Human Trafficking

London, UK, Dec. 14, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Washington, London - On Human Rights Day, thirty members of the U.S. House of Representatives signed a “dear colleague” letter to the U.S. government calling for an end to human trafficking and labor exploitation in the Gulf region of the Middle East. Representative Raúl Grijalva, who serves as Vice Chair in the International Workers’ Rights Caucus, led the effort. “I led my colleagues in a letter urging Sec. Pompeo to urge the Gulf States to uphold human rights for migrant workers and abolish the discriminatory Kafala System,” he tweeted.
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/12/14/2144754/0/en/30-US-congressmen-call-for-urgent-action-on-UAE-and-Middle-East-Human-Trafficking.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travel Guide To Banjul, Gambia From Nigeria / Illegal Entry By Spain In The Schengen Information System / Maximum Amount I Can Bring Into Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.