Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,671,950 members, 6,283,075 topics. Date: Monday, 10 May 2021 at 07:53 PM

Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) (7345 Views)

Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos) / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 12:51pm On May 03
Nope, you need Emirates card to do so

Akunna25:
Hello house can a tourist open a bank account in uae?
Also what will it cost and are there limitations involved?

Also can a tourist but a sim in uae?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 1:02pm On May 03
JOBS IN DUBAI FOR NIGERIANS: 5 ESSENTIAL YOU NEED TO KNOW

When you speak of jobs in Dubai for Nigerians, many get excited and ignore the essential things needed to get jobs.
Let me break it down

1️⃣ NIGERIA INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT VALIDITY: Your International Passport must be valid for a period not less than 1 year. You would need a 6 months passport validity to get a Tourist visa and Employment. In the case you are unlucky to get job in the first 3 Months, it is better to have atleast 1year valid passport.

2️⃣ CERTIFICATES ATTESTATION: If your documentation is not proper you can face difficulty or rejection getting jobs. It is also easier and cheaper to attest certificates while in Nigeria.

3️⃣ GET PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES / LICENSE (NEBOSH AND SIRA): NEBOSH stands for National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health, a UK awarding organisation offering professional qualifications in health, safety and environmental management.

NEBOSH is one of the most respected and sought after qualifications for employers in the health and safety sector. Not only could getting qualified help you break into the industry, it could also improve your career progression and enhance your earning potential.

SIRA is the Security Industry Regulatory Agency; this government agency has the authority to regulate the security industry in Dubai.
They are in control of licensing and monitoring all providers of security service in Dubai – the power to set general policies for Dubai’s security industry.

By the standard and policies of SIRA, security companies make sure all their guards have the license before they are assigned to various work locations.

Therefore, you have been in Dubai for weeks, months, or even years and want to secure a security job and to climb to the top of the Dubai security profession, SIRA Dubai security training and license is ALL you need.

4️⃣ MEDICAL FITNESS/ HEALTH STATUS: The medical test involves two parts: a blood test and a chest X-ray. These tests screen you for a range of diseases, such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Syphilis, and Hepatitis B. Keep in mind that all resident expats have to undergo testing for tuberculosis during visa renewal.

5️⃣ VISA TYPE: Job seekers need a 3 Months Tourist visa to search for job on arrival. Note that Tourist Visa is illegal to be used to work in the UAE. If secured a job, your employer need to apply and register you through the Ministry of Labor so as to qualified you to work in the UAE.

Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by Folabifreeman(m): 11:04pm On May 04
How much salary per month for the security job
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 9:32am On May 05
It varies from company to company

Folabifreeman:
How much salary per month for the security job
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by cucumbar: 1:06pm On May 05
Abeg, is Dubai too hot in July that there’s a possibility I might not enjoy my planned trip?
Re: Work & Live in UAE (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES) by rev2214(m): 8:27am On May 06
cucumbar:
Abeg, is Dubai too hot in July that there’s a possibility I might not enjoy my planned trip?

Is possible, you can't do anything to the hot weather.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do I Say My Nationality Is? / German Embassy, Booking An Appointment For Visa Interview Through The Website / Nigerians Killing Each Other In South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.