Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,069 members, 7,807,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Dear Lagosians, - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dear Lagosians, (38048 Views)

Dear lagosians, how do I get from festac to ago palace way and cost of transport / Lagosians Turn 'Spidermen' To Pass Flooded Road (Photo) / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Lagosians, by BadBradley: 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
Ishilove:

Hello sonofjos, thank you for sharing.

People like us who were born and raised here notice a marked difference in the tempo of activities in other areas of the country. I was in Ondo for a year and I almost ran mad there because life in that state is so... sleepy. Everyone was just moving like geriatric patients, unlike Lagos here where if you are too slow, you will be shoved aside. Last last when it was time to leave, I packed my travelling bags and two mighty Ghana-must-go bags and fled the place by 6am.

Lagos is a melting pot of different ethnic groups with different characters, both saintly and shady, so overtime it developed a character unique to it. We talk angrily a lot of the times because there is someone somewhere always trying to provoke you, cheat you, or steal from you so we are always on guard and on the defensive. Someone tried to pick my bag last year but the kind of eye I gave him must have turned his ancestors in their graves.

Add the congested roads and the traffic and you cannot be calm even if you try to. You will be angry for no reason. Yoruba people call it 'kan ra'. Pepper body. That is why danfo drivers behave like animals because one cannot sit inside hold up day in day out, inhaling noxious exhaust fumes, avoiding police, LASTMA, NURTW agbero, taskforce, police, VIO, those new ones wearing green uniform (I don't know these ones. There are so many uniforms in Lagos) and still be completely sane.

Conductors and passengers fighting is a normal thing. One day I was returning from work and saw two fighting in the middle of the road, and what amazed me was they were sparring like professional boxers, complete with the boxer's stance and leg work. iKid you not. Conductor and passenger. It was the agberos, funny enough, who came to chase them from the road because they were constituting nuisance to other road users. The kid you described did not have any super powers. He was just acting like the typical Lagosian who has been conditioned to act out in the face of provocation. Eat or be eaten. Some of these conductors are very rude and nasty (I suspect it is their own defence mechanism) while some passengers on the other hand are idiots.

The trader in Computer Village was not 'threatening' you. They are simply aggressive marketers. If you don't aggressively market your products you won't make any sales because there a 1001 traders selling the same thing as you. The secret to walking successfully through the Village is rearranging your face to look like granite, avoiding eye contact with anyone and stubbornly ignoring 'threatening'' calls. They cannot hijack you from the road into their shop, abi? Develop military mind! cheesy

The same military mind my friend Sanchez01 took to Enugu when he went on a visit. He wanted to board a bus and used ishon (muscle) to run pell mell to where the bus was parked waiting for him. When he jumped in with the skill of a James Bond stuntsman, he met the driver and passengers staring at him strangely.

The driver asked him: "Oga, are you from Lagos?", to which he replied in the affirmative. The driver then remarked "No wonder. It is only Lagos people that behave like they are fighting with everyone."
you just officially told us lagosians are socially and behaviourally mal-adjusted.

They will always be odd and negative anywhere they go.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by udemzyudex(m): 3:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
You will see a tight corner, you probably waited for person 1,2,3 to pass before you move, the 4 person coming saw that you've already waited for the 3 people to pass instead of him/her to wait for you too to pass he/she will quickly try to pass grin who be mugu naa, we go rough am for that small space since you're you can't have patience then we die here, if na gutter we go enter oo or we go scatter person market so be it.

OP this is lagos where if you're patient, the other person will take you as a muntula, if you're slow the other person will shove you aside, if you're calm while explaining in an argument, the other person will see that as a weakness and capitalise on it.

This is lagos, you don't have to slack at all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Enceladus(m): 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
illicit:
cheesy

Expensive and fast city....

When I was working at Ogba and living at Abule Egba, Half my salary goes to transport and the same bus you took for 50# in the morning could become 200 in the evening.... I kukuma resigned and went to Ondo state

So true but the reverse is my case here. #600 in the morning and #300 in the evening for the same distance.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Holadpearl(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
Lol. Best read on nairaland since a while.

Lagos is the only state I've been to that didn't have a "welcome to signage" .

There's no welcome to Lagos.
All you see is ... "This is Lagos"

So @op, This is Lagos....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagosians, by BadBradley: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
pocohantas:

The guys are building abs, the babes are doing bumbum surgery. We are looking good for ourselves ni. Sometimes when I close from work in the evening, the kind of guys with abs, beard and brown brogues I see ehn. I just say [i]get thee behind me Satan[ . cheesy

Lagosians are always ahead of themselves and they are quite proud of that attitude.
WHOREible!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Ishilove: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
nnamdiosu:

Ish smiley chai ...I just dey read this dey laugh smiley

What you just posted needs to be printed out, laminated and placed in a big board at the entrance of Lagos for everyone coming into Lagos to read and sign under.

It can't be better said.
You see, although I was born and bred in Lagos too, when I was transfered to asaba for some years, I now adopted their calm life style. When I got back to Lagos, my heart beat Everytime I wanted to leave the house.

It shows when crossing road. People in asaba wait till everywhere is cleared of cars, keke, lizards, birds, even ants. But in Lagos, there is a joy we experience when we cross road with car or okada or keke rushing at you. As you successfully swerve , dive, jump, curse them back, you feel like you've gotten a master's degree smiley

It shows in how early the artisans wake up to open their shops. In asaba, by 9, shops might not have opened. In Lagos (especially during school academic calendar, by 6 am, shops have opened)

It's well.
The joy of Nigeria is that we are like a country of countries. Unlike other countries where anywhere you travel, you see the same food, culture, language and behaviour, Nigeria was/is lucky to have multiple personalities smiley in various geographic locations.

Nigeria would have been the best country. If not for 'them'.
LMAO! The adrenaline rush is second to none grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosians, by trevorhorace(m): 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
Whenever I get to computer village, I dunno I the being I morph into. All I do know is I'm not myself anymore. All my senses are at their peaks. Laser targeted vision, optimum olfactory lobes, Zuma rock stone face. I could hear someone fart from the top of a high-rise building 10 miles ahead. And the alertness of an Israeli trained soldier.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagosians, by nnamdiosu(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
Ishilove:

LMAO! The adrenaline rush is second to none grin

Lol. I tell you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosians, by juman(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
Travelling to lagos was like travelling abroad.

Lagos where the bus will not totally stop for you to drop. Bus would keep moving.
When the conductor saw me continuously shouting for them to stop, he said the passenger was a pregnant woman with a kid, then the driver stopped completely for me to drop. Long time ago.

12 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Ishilove: 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
MuttleyLaff:

"Eko akete, ilu ọgbọn" loosely translated means:
"Lagos, bless it, is a wisdom teaching city, not a city for slackers, shirkers, loafers, idlers, layabouts, lazybones, weaklings et cetera"
cc: sonofjos
Wisdom grin
Re: Dear Lagosians, by kalvoken(m): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
SoNature:
Most Lagosians are literarily mad and they don't even know.

You dey craze for saying that I'm mad.

Ooni Ku re!

� � � �

Na play o

3 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Ishilove: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
Chii59:

Oh my! You write so well. I had a good laugh.
Lagos is too stressful jare. I don't know if I can live there o.
Thanks.

Lagos, you gatto love it or hate it. No in-between smiley

2 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by RSVP: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
Lagos is one beautiful hell you'd love to live in when you master the craft very well.

For someone that was born and brought up in IB, lived some decent years in Abk then I thought I should try Lagos the land of opportunity smiley

Few days living in Lagos then I began to realize I'm into big problem. My style and everything about me doesn't just fit in. It seems almost everyone I had an encounter with are mad at me for no reason. You can't even look them in the face bcuz they would make it look like you are about to start a fight or something. Then I started avoiding public places. To enter bus will be problem cuz the conductor will want to hold your change and you will have to talk more than 5times before he even remember you were sitting.

After few months in Lagos then I noticed a drastic change in my DNA. I started getting aggressive for no reason cheesy
I began deh yab them If I price my transport fare and the conductor no gree .. I swear for your papa straight and won't mind your response. I started walking like an elephant with my lege lege stature accompany with a very tight angry face now cheesy

Tried living in IB again and I got seriously bored. Imagine people won't open shops at 9am In IB and they won't even budge if you stand infront of their shop to buy something. .. I just dey look dem somehow and dem dey look me as a crazy fellow.. Lol

Dem no know say nah Lagos cuz ham

6 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
DonId:
I spent a great part of my early life in Lagos and got used to the hustle and bustle of life in Lagos. Fast forward to 1998 and I had to go to school in Jos. First few months and I was always angry at the slow pace of life especially with their transporters who would always stop once a passenger says Akwei. I left Jos after university a reformed man and have refused to go back to Lagos (even when work opportunities have presented openings for movement).

Lagos is a “mad” place and shortens peoples life’s (but they don’t know it). Life is not meant to rushing from one place to another every time. I live in a city where I close from work and can be home in 10 minutes without traffic and cannot imagine trading it for 10 minutes inside traffic everyday. Lagosians are wonderful people but life is saner in some other climes. So for those that cannot leave Lagos, I wish you stay out of Lagos for like 2 years and then you will realize that life is meant to lived in peace and not in traffic.
brother a quality life can be measure how peaceful the life is, i wonder why people like that place.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Thattallgirl(f): 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin grin

I heard of a young lady who boarded a bus here and instead of her to say "o wa o" she started shouting "there is there is"... people were confused until someone got what she meant and said "o ni o wa o" cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagosians, by FuckThaMod: 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
For me I'd say Lagosians need therapy. When I stayed there, I resisted every urge to behave in a manner they ignorantly call wise. I never rushed to board a bus. I never jumped from a moving bus and my default mood wasn't anger. Lagosians need mental checkup and help.
The state is very annoying.. I see everyone as animals, even the ones that dresses cooperate.

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosians, by eagleonearth(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
KingKingKing:
I remember my first time in the North Kebbi to be precise... 9am shops still never open, how drivers would drive "slowly" .. All these made me mad a few months like I always wondered y everything wasnt done in haste like I would experience in Lagos.. Well 6 months. Later I began to adapt...

I still love Lagos life... No matter how dangerous an agbero looks he is always willing to help a stranger...
not all oo I remember my early years in Lagos then. Upon say I tell conductor where I'm going as I no know road, na so he collect money come carry me pass my bustop still stuck out his cannabis stained finger dey shout owoda for me. Haa I was amazed

4 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by eagleonearth(m): 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
illicit:
cheesy

Expensive and fast city....

When I was working at Ogba and living at Abule Egba, Half my salary goes to transport and the same bus you took for 50# in the morning could become 200 in the evening.... I kukuma resigned and went to Ondo state
lolzz you can't believe that a self contained room in yaba not Ikeja oo, is now 450/500K

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosians, by aribisala0(m): 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
Holadpearl:
Lol. Best read on nairaland since a while.

Lagos is the only state I've been to that didn't have a "welcome to signage" .

There's no welcome to Lagos.
All you see is ... "This is Lagos"

So @op, This is Lagos....
But there is a farewell sign
Re: Dear Lagosians, by pharmade: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
That is why they tell you when you are entering lagos..... This is lagos... Nobody is welcoming you... Anything you see take am... Then after you have recovered.... They can show you around.
sonofjos:
Dear lagosians,

Please pardon the grammatic errors.

Being born and bred in the north, I am conditioned to a certain societal behaviour that the first time I went to Lagos, interacting and seeing the people was a bit of a cultural shock to me. I've travelled to many states in the North and few in the south and almost all seemed just about the same as home.

But the first time I visited Lagos a few years ago I had many experiences that made it seem as if was in another country entirely. I'll share a few notable ones.

Please note that I'm not looking for trouble, I'm just giving a honest opinion

It was as if everyone seemd to converse harshly over very simple transactions. One would think they know each other from somewhere.
Many people in the public seemed angry as a default mode. I wondered why.

I boarded a bus to computer village and a primary school kid later joined and was later exchanging very hot words with the conductor who was a very muscular guy over some trivial amount. I watched with interest and it got to a point where I feared for the little guy because If that conductor decided to as much as slap the small boy, there won't be much left. But somehow the conductor calmed down as if he had met a worthy opponent. That boy seemed to me as if he had super powers.

I joined another bus and a fight broke out between the conductor and a passenger. Both of whom were muscular. None would hear sorry. The fight got so bad that the both ended with broken faces and the passenger got a rock and shattered off both side mirrors of the bus. Since I intended to join night bus home, I kukuma dropped and joined okada (it was legal then) which was much more expensive but worth it. I don't know how they ended.

I noticed many young people are muscular body builders. I wonder why.

I was walking on a street at computer village and a guy started threatening and commanding me to come over. At first, I thought he was speaking to someone else when I realised there was no one around me, and he made it clear he was referring to me. Till today, I don't know what confidence made me to keep walking. That was how I escaped O.

Everyone seems to be in hell of a rush.
I even said that if rapture takes place, Lagos would not know anything had happened for two weeks.

But Behind all these seemingly negative atmosphere, I discovered that lagosians are very kind people. Always willing to help.
As a stranger, I found it difficult to find places and routes. But almost anyone you ask is very willing to show you directions. I've had instances where people left their comfort to walk me to places where they gave me directions. Very welcoming set of people to strangers I tell you.

All these mixed experiences made me say that Lagosians are Indeed a very strange people.

Many other things I've experienced at Lagos over my other subsequent visits, but Lagos has remained strange to me.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, I'm just a fellow countryman who wants to better know my country.

My question to you guys is, why is Lagos the way it is?

Is there anything I missed or misunderstood about Lagos?

Thanks
Re: Dear Lagosians, by Peppysco: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
prekumohtim:

PH is almost the same. The only good thing is that no matter how they shout from morning till night, it doesn't result to fight. Everyone is always in hurry as though there's a building burning somewhere that desire their attention. When I first visited PH, I mistakenly hit someone as I was walking on the road , so I told the person sorry, his reply was , "Sorry for yourself". Some hardly reply , no matter how hot it is, they will just keep on going their direction as if nothing happened

The "sorry for yourself" part hit me. Just trying to imagine the grin on the face of whoever told you that

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Ishilove: 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
leo22:
grin grin
I can totally relate.

My first one year in lagos was brutal as i was forming nice guy but i was always cheated by artisans and skilled labour, even when I purchased goods and services it was the same experience. I was calm and respectful and wondered why everyone (especially on the mainland) was hostile to each other but now I know.

You need to see me now screaming at mechanics, workmen etc and this way the job gets done for less, I have thrown decorum out of the window to survive in lagos o, else I would be eaten by vultures out to prey on victims. But still Lagos is sweet.

Eat or be eaten. grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosians, by Peppysco: 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
Sulawesi:

Lagos is the earthly paradise of Chancers

That is why Tinubu and his head-slaves have been able to lock down the state's treasury for their own private use for the past 22 years

One unfortunate idiot must derail the thread, and it had to be you

4 Likes

Re: Dear Lagosians, by walexbiz(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
My friend don't be surprise, that is what Lagos has been turned to, everybody has been turned to hustler, you either pummel or you get pummelled. The Hustle is so serious most people eat what they earn yesterday and a day of no hustle means you and your dependant will go hungry thus the reason for the very tensed situation in Lagos. Most one man business do not take the peculiarity of Lagos taken into consideration when people are been employed thus people steal directly or indirectly from their employers so as to make ends meet. maids and male servant sell property of their employer illegally without his or her consent, salesboy or salesgirls illegally keeps part of the proceed from the items sold, people tap electricity illegally, motorist disobey traffic rules out of impatience, lagosians are generally on the look out, general niceness is accepted with a little suspicion.

Lagos has its good sides, it is generally bubbling with activities, out of the pittance Lagosian are always ready to celebrate share with after a hard day, Friday and weekend is generally for celebration, your level of income determines the kind of enjoyment you would bestow upon yourself. if you are low income earner you would celebrate at the local joint but if you earn good money you go to clubs where all sort of enjoyment are bestowed upon you provided you can afford it. Also if you are low income earner you could go to club at the instance of your rich friend and sometimes even the rich ones attend the local joint at the instance of their poor friends.

Lagos state has a population of more than twenty million inhabitant and this is exerting a lot of pressure on its existing infrastructure due to its usage, for example in 2017, the FRSC estimated that more than 1 million vehicles make use of the Third Mainland bridge daily, this is one of the bridge that links both the Lagos Island to the Mainland but other mode of transport has not been fully developed to reduce the traffic on the road. The Lagos metro line has been under construction for more than 15 years with humongous amount of money spent but nothing to really show for it. water ways has not been full developed with LAMATA introducing one form of tariffs or the other.

while these article is not really about Lagos state government, but you wont understand what Lagosians are going through without understanding the root cause. In fact the government can only be described as the big clog wheel in the progress of its inhabitant, it has totally failed the people in all aspect and resources which should normally be used to alleviate the suffering of its inhabitant has been hijacked by some minority while the government looks the other way.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagosians, by MuttleyLaff: 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
sonofjos:
Dear lagosians,

Being born and bred in the north, I am conditioned to a certain societal behaviour that the first time I went to Lagos, interacting and seeing the people was a bit of a cultural shock to me. I've travelled to many states in the North and few in the south and almost all seemed just about the same as home.

But the first time I visited Lagos a few years ago I had many experiences that made it seem as if was in another country entirely. I'll share a few notable ones.

It was as if everyone seemd to converse harshly over very simple transactions. One would think they know each other from somewhere.

I boarded a bus to computer village and a primary school kid later joined and was later exchanging very hot words with the conductor who was a very muscular guy over some trivial amount. I watched with interest and it got to a point where I feared for the little guy because If that conductor decided to as much as slap the small boy, there won't be much left. But somehow the conductor calmed down as if he had met a worthy opponent. That boy seemed to me as if he had super powers.

I joined another bus and a fight broke out between the conductor and a passenger. Both of whom were muscular. None would hear sorry. The fight got so bad that the both ended with broken faces and the passenger got a rock and shattered off both side mirrors of the bus. Since I intended to join night bus home, I kukuma dropped and joined okada (it was legal then) which was much more expensive but worth it. I don't know how they ended.

I was walking on a street at computer village and a guy started threatening and commanding me to come over. At first, I thought he was speaking to someone else when I realised there was no one around me, and he made it clear he was referring to me. Till today, I don't know what confidence made me to keep walking. That was how I escaped O.
I even said that if rapture takes place, Lagos would not know anything had happened for two weeks.

But Behind all these seemingly negative atmosphere, I discovered that lagosians are very kind people. Always willing to help.
As a stranger, I found it difficult to find places and routes. But almost anyone you ask is very willing to show you directions. I've had instances where people left their comfort to walk me to places where they gave me directions. Very welcoming set of people to strangers I tell you.

All these mixed experiences made me say that Lagosians are Indeed a very strange people.

Many other things I've experienced at Lagos over my other subsequent visits, but Lagos has remained strange to me.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, I'm just a fellow countryman who wants to better know my country.

Thanks

Ishilove:
Wisdom grin
Its a city like Lagos, that will teach JJC Jos person sonofjos bible, specifically Psalm 23:4 and the wisdom to bone face walk through the valley of the shadow of death, and fear no evil. Lagos gave sonofjos wisdom confidence, made sonofjos to keep walking and that was how sonofjos escaped, lmso..

If you can survive the grind of living in Lagos. You can live and survive the grind in any town or city in the whole wide world.

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosians, by illicit(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
eagleonearth:
lolzz you can't believe that a self contained room in yaba not Ikeja oo, is now 450/500K

Exactly

So many young people are homeless in Lagos....

1 Like

Re: Dear Lagosians, by SoNature(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
kalvoken:

You dey craze for saying that I'm mad.

Ooni Ku re!

� � � �

Na play o

I live in Lagos too, but I relocated to it.

If you were born in Lagos, you would be mad without knowing. As a result, even if you move to a decent part of Nigeria, you will find it difficult to cope...like Ishilove mentioned.

But if you relocated to Lagos (without being born in the state), you will know that much of the residents are mad without knowing it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Lagosians, by twilliamx(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
sonofjos:
Dear lagosians,

Thanks

Even new york is like that. A city is a city
Re: Dear Lagosians, by REALretep(m): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
sonofjos:
Dear lagosians,

Thanks
Lovely write-up. I smiled all through while reading.
I've been to Lagos a couple of times though smiley
Re: Dear Lagosians, by poshestmina(f): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Everyday i go out in port Harcourt, there is always someone fighting on the street or new story cheesy cheesy cheesy, Also Kidnapping is almost weekly self

Then or of recent?
Re: Dear Lagosians, by Jakumo(m): 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
As an unrepentant and ashamed villager to the bone, most cities are not my cup of tea, but Lagos occupies a surreally dystopian realm of its own, as a nightmarish and chaotic war zone that easily meets and exceeds all the criteria comprising my personal definition of hell on Earth.

1. Anger. As the OP stated EVERYBODY is fighting mad the instant they wake up in the bowels of Lagos, and primed on a hair-trigger, to start screaming, punching, biting and kicking like wounded animals, even in the total absence of any visible provocation.

2. Danger. Every traffic jam that traps your vehicle could be the location of your most serious injury ever sustained, or the site where you will be killed outright, by roving packs of hungry and desperate robbers who specialize in smashing car windows and stabbing the occupants while grabbing their valuables in a feeding frenzy.

3. Air and Nose Pollution : The harsh, choking smog billowing from millions of gridlocked rickety cars that are never regulated to reduce toxic emissions, combined with the unrelenting cacophony of EVERY driver leaning on their blaring car horn full time, punctuated by the hysterical screaming of combatants locked in frenetic fisticuffs, is cumulatively GUARANTEEED to reduce any human lifespan by a decade or more.

4. Uniformed Terrorists. Lagos is awash with a thousand different uniformed personnel, all foaming at the mouth in absolute rage, as they vigorously vie for supremacy over one another, and over civilians who, despite having no uniform to wear, are still more than willing to stand their ground while loudly invoking that ubiquitous phrase "Do you know who I am ?" in a suicidal bid to intimidate their uniformed oppressors, even when such adversaries are fully armed and more than ready to pull the trigger.

5. Utterly hopeless traffic congestion. Commuting from one side of Lagos to the other could take as little as 30 minutes, or as long as 5 hours, depending on whether accidents have blocked the road, or petrol tankers have once again exploded in traffic incinerating scores of people, or road works are in progress, blocking all but the narrowest escape routes.

To all who grew up in Lagos and love the place, may I just wish y'all the very best. As for me, I would sooner spend a month camping in the deepest and darkest forest, shooting snakes as needed, than spend a single day in the finest luxury hotel available in Lagos. Not for a million dollars cash, and paid up front, would I ever accept the challenge to spend a single week trapped in Lagos. Were it not for the international airport that happens to be located in Lagos, I would gladly and gratefully avoid setting foot in that congested and squalid post-Armageddon landscape, until I am dead and buried.

Perhaps it is no surprise that my favorite city on this planet, is San Diego California, where just about any location in town, can be reached in ten minutes of easy, relaxing freeway driving, with the car's cruise-control set at 55mph, and the radio station playing smooth jazz. Now THAT, is my kind of city. A life spent in Lagos, would amount to a death sentence by agonizing installment, for this simple country boy.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / Young Shall Grow Bus Rams Into Fuel Tanker On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (pics) / Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.