Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? (30345 Views)

I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? / Photo Of The Baby Named 'Lucifer' By His Parents / My Ex-Girlfriend Named Her Child All My Names Just Because She Loved Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Jefferic(m): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2021
Congratulations.
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by richmond500: 6:16pm On Jan 23, 2021
Cholls:
My brother wait make them do u like the film Knives Out
that was one of the best movies out there, the detector was my favourite actor mehn, too much suspense
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2021
Enjoy it

Check my signature
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2021
now repent from your sins !!!!
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by jonnypie(m): 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2021
richmond500:
great.

we weh no come kuku get person weh go write our name for will, make we just save the page just in case I wan argue for palmwine joint then this writeup will be useful.

Lalasticlala
grin grin grin grin
Guy u funny sha
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Seyzcham91(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2021
abi na grin
richmond500:
great.

we weh no come kuku get person weh go write our name for will, make we just save the page just in case I wan argue for palmwine joint then this writeup will be useful.

Lalasticlala
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by tete7000(m): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2021
God named me in his will... How long will I wait oga lawyer?
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by sweetjohn(m): 7:19pm On Jan 23, 2021
OpatolaEsq:
I was named in a will: so what next?

First, congratulations you made it to the final 11. Now what next?

Take a cup of cold water, relax and be patient, it might take a while. There are some intricate process involved.

*1. After the will is read, if the will stated the executors, then the executor starts work. If there is no Will or the Will did not state an executor, then an application is made to the Court to assign an executor.

After the will his read, the executor or administrator will make an application for probate. Where an application for Grant of probate is made, the the registrar waits for some months for objections or caveats to be filed.

The executor is expected to prove the Will. This means that it's due execution must be proved, even if the witnesses to the making of the Will have to be called in other to satisfy the registrar that the Will contains proper attestion before admitting it to probate.

Where the registrar is satisfied that the will was duly executed and that the maker of the will made it with knowledge of its content, the registrar will grant probate.

*2. Collation of the Estate: This is the identification, collection, collation and valuation of the deceased's assets, management of all estate assets.

Only after all of these matters have been addressed can the Executor/Administrator proceed to distribute the remaining assets to beneficiaries. Depending on the size of the estate, this process can take months, or, in many cases, one or more years to complete.

*3. Settlement of all just debts, liabilities and payment of necessary estate tax.

*4. Then the estate and properties can now be distributed to those entitled to it in the will

The distribution of the estate of the deceased to the beneficiaries might even be more delayed if the validity of the Will is contested.

Opatola Victor Esq.
I have a business plans or ideas if you are looking towards a profitable business investment. Just feel free to dm me when you are ready
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
richmond500:
great.

Lalasticlala
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2021
Goalnaldo:
What about me that is heir to a fortune of $40m. What should I do? undecided
@Goalnaldo my real G, so you get all this money you no tell me?...come make I give you original ideas wey you go fit put you money untop wink Afterall what are friends for?
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2021
Dizzyrascal:
@Goalnaldo my real G, so you get all this money you no tell me?...come make I give you original ideas wey you go fit put you money untop wink Afterall what are friends for?
Go meet Tony Elemelu with your original ideas maybe he fit give you Grant of #20m as for me na lamanii22 go finish my $40m tongue tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2021
Goalnaldo:
Go meet Tony Elemelu with your original ideas maybe he fit give you Grant of #20m as for me na lamanii22 go finish my $40m tongue tongue grin
who be dis lamanii22? E be like say na fine girl she be.

1 Like

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:38pm On Jan 23, 2021
Dizzyrascal:
who be dis lamanii22? E be like say na fine girl she be.
Lol check her out now grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by harmony75: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
what happens when the executors are not doing what they're supposed to?
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
Goalnaldo:
Lol check her out now grin
I talk am, my padi don fall in love grin
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by wirinet(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2021
OpatolaEsq:

Take a cup of cold water, relax and be patient, it might take a while. There are some intricate process involved.

*1. After the will is read, if the will stated the executors, then the executor starts work. If there is no Will or the Will did not state an executor, then an application is made to the Court to assign an executor.

After the will his read, the executor or administrator will make an application for probate. Where an application for Grant of probate is made, the the registrar waits for some months for objections or caveats to be filed.

The executor is expected to prove the Will. This means that it's due execution must be proved, even if the witnesses to the making of the Will have to be called in other to satisfy the registrar that the Will contains proper attestion before admitting it to probate.

Where the registrar is satisfied that the will was duly executed and that the maker of the will made it with knowledge of its content, the registrar will grant probate.

*2. Collation of the Estate: This is the identification, collection, collation and valuation of the deceased's assets, management of all estate assets.

Only after all of these matters have been addressed can the Executor/Administrator proceed to distribute the remaining assets to beneficiaries. Depending on the size of the estate, this process can take months, or, in many cases, one or more years to complete.

*3. Settlement of all just debts, liabilities and payment of necessary estate tax.

*4. Then the estate and properties can now be distributed to those entitled to it in the will

The distribution of the estate of the deceased to the beneficiaries might even be more delayed if the validity of the Will is contested.

Opatola Victor Esq.

I have a friend that his father died last year, but his uncle who was running his father's company claimed his father wrote a will in which he handed over the whole company and most of the company to his uncle and the second wife along with the children of the second wife. My friend actually lived in US and was not involved with his father's company. His father died while staying with him in the US and had been taking care of him for 5 years since he suffered stroke. He was actually buried in the US as he died during the covid lockdown.

Anyway, when the will was read, it was discovered to be forged, the signature did not my match and it was dated on the date he was not in the country.

The case is already with the police, but everyone including the police and family is asking my friend to settle out of court.

What do you advice my friend to do.
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Grandlord: 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2021
englishmart:
Hustle o, so that you no go dey depend on wills or next of kins
I don laff tire grin
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2021
inoki247:
The type of will wey we go dey see for future go be like this

Shola the first kid take My Blockchainn Wallet $20.000 and the

2nd one take my Forex account

last born take my Bet9ja account...

my wife I dash you my Facebook account du anything with it cool cool

And we don dey NiN Era sef kid go wan inherit person NiN nd d sim so he can do anything with it dem no dey arrest dead man...
shocked so na facebook account u wan dash ur wife, lol keep she no need am
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by mekd: 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2021
Jimmy231:
When theres a will there is a way and Vice versa
. So what is the way when their is no will
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Jimmy231: 11:43pm On Jan 23, 2021
mekd:
. So what is the way when their is no will
Work hard
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by calcal: 2:11am On Jan 24, 2021
HOPE THAT PLACE IS NOT FULANI LAND.
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by samwillyco1(m): 2:19am On Jan 24, 2021
OpatolaEsq:

Opatola Victor Esq.

Noted
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by ofiko123(m): 6:02am On Jan 24, 2021
I know my law people will definitely understand this....
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Henri8: 9:38am On Jan 24, 2021
Go drink beer.
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Coolgent(m): 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
THERE IS ALWAYS A PRICE TAG Written by james Hadley Chase taught me never to tell someone about if his or her name has being mentioned in your will.
Imagine your selfish girlfriend knowing she will collect 20millions after you pass away grin
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Oluwaseunbandur: 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
[quote author=slawormiir post=98364344]Damnnn niggarrrr
Bros op well done o

Will Smith ni.....

Nor worry Ogbeni....
Just huzzle make you for write person on put
As you nor see who write your name put....
You must write person own put

You be correct G, I dey feel u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / Zimbabwean Man Divorces Wife For Shouting Ex-Lover's Name During Love Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.