Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,098 members, 7,807,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People (51660 Views)

Crossdresser, James Brown Now A University Student In The UK (Photo, Video) / Naira Marley Shocks People With The Name He Chose As His Snapchat Handle / Simi Promises To Attend A Twitter User Wedding For Free (see What Happened) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by onthehill: 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2021
BBNaija lockdown star, Vee, took to her Twitter handle to ask why most people are in shock to know that she never attended a university, IgbereTV reports.

Many of her followers were surprised as they took to her comment section to talk about how her eloquence and accent are way better than someone with a university degree.

Vee caught the viewers' attention with her Queen's English accent during the Big Brother Naija reality TV show.

Vee wondered why people are shocked that she didn't attend a university.

She tweeted:

"Is it still shocking people that I didn’t go to university?"
https://twitter.com/veeiye/status/1352593178998829056?s=19

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by habsydiamond(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2021
As if queen English is a special course in the uni.... Do one have to go to university before being able to speak English.. I don't think so... There are many undergraduates and even overgraduates that can't construct one sentence without leaving out error. If na oyinbo land.. U dont have to go to school to speak... The language is in u like peak milk... Only children from wealthy homes speak good English because of the primary and secondary schools they attended and their urban environmental factors ... I think she's an example of such. If not she for dey blow grammar like this

270 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by We4all: 11:11pm On Jan 23, 2021
habsydiamond:
As if queen English is a special course in the uni.... Do one have to go to university before being able to speak English.. I don't think so... There are many undergraduates and even overgraduates that can't construct one sentence without leaving out error. If na oyinbo land.. U dont have to go to school to speak... The language is in u like peak milk... Only children from wealthy homes speak good English because of the primary and secondary schools they attended and their urban environmental factors ... I think she's an example of such. If not she for dey blow grammar like this

These pictures really cracked me up. Nigerians have a great sense of humor.

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Kiddogarcia(m): 1:29am On Jan 24, 2021
Forget Queen English,na agbo me I wan sell

5 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by kambili999(f): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
Speaking eloquently shouldn't be solely from university. IMO, one should learn how to speak eloquently from primary school. University should just help polish a person.

I like how she speaks smiley

23 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by teamsynergy: 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
Uni isn't compulsory

6 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Cutehector(m): 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
I have met two fine girls in this forum that didnt go to university but speak constructive english.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Bondinus(m): 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
Who e help?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by loosecanon50(m): 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
I am shocked that she's shocked cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by SouthNigerian: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Me sef no be graduate o.

When people ask me, what's you qualification? And I answer, am a high school leaver.

Them they be like.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by samsard(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Anyone from an upper middle class home in Nigeria with exposure or who spends time abroad can speak good English without a university degree.
They don't exactly teach British accent in school.
People seem to forgot that English is just like every other language and there are uneducated or semi educated people who speak it very well.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Lordswazz(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
For Naija, good command of English mean say you go school and sabi book well well grin grin grin. You wey come get "britico" accent join, case closed!

There's a level of "crudeness" people associate non-university attendees with, so they're often "Buharied" to find out that a seemingly polished young lady that checks all the boxes has no university education.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Chimookigwe: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Kiddogarcia:
Forget Queen English,na agbo me I wan sell

If you package it well and it works, you will go places.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Openyamind111(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Many Great nations don’t speak other people’s languages in their Country.. Russia, China, Germany e.t.c don’t care about where you’re coming from, if you want to transact with them or communicate them in their country you will have to speak their language or make use of translator.. our colonial masters made english our general language so that they can easily take from us.. for me english no be by force.. wish say our schools fit dey use our language dey teach for school..

Meanwhile attending University is not an assurance that you will make it in life.. it’s just one of those Factors that will expose you to possibilities..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by slawormiir: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Her followers her dumb

Why are they surprised?.....
Speaking English dey different from writing it

Most people way dey foam accent and speak English go fail English exam anyday anytime twice on Sunday....

I can bet my balls this vee nor go get common C for English if he write waec

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by acesoul(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
We4all:

These pictures really cracked me up. Nigerians have a great sense of humor.

Lol
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by BigDick70inch(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Which one is shock again cos u speak English??
I thought she spent some of her life in USA growing up nah?

Even my illiterate grandmother will speak better English....if she grew up in USA.....

After all.....not all departments offers English studies in uni......

2 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Cashsteady(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
who cares

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by loosecanon50(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
habsydiamond:

To make heaven go hard you oo grin

5 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Amspecial: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Elzakzaky: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by subcbouy: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
Diz kontri sef. Pezin wey dey britiko go spik Inglish naw.

Mak we go bak to our Kulture, Abeg biko
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Chimookigwe: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
Who University epp? Go and look at the thousands of graduates who applied as drivers in Dangote.

12 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by tuasefemi(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
That's Nigerian mentality, if you are not a university graduate, you are nobody in terms of education. Such perception in itself, is ignorant

7 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by AnonymousCEO(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
E good na! Nigerians and mediocrity
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by teacherbim(f): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
She speaks fluently and intelligent sha
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by AnonymousCEO(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
E good na! Nigerians and mediocrity
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Omezif(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
She's yet to say the truth.
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by FroshBilly: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
Meed o

4 Likes

A

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Blogger Omojuwa, Has Two P.As And Pays Each N1million? (Pictured) / Ben Murray-Bruce Tweet About P'square, Tekno & Wizkid Got Fans Asking Of Davido / Photos Of Sharon Ooja And Timini Egbuson That Will Make Any Couple Envious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.