Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise - Autos (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise (50030 Views)

4 Months Used Corolla @ 1.850k 07 Model At Berger / Buy Fully Duty Paid Cars At Pocket Friendly price At Berger Auto Market / My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by fowlyansh181(m): 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
dannybrasky:

Very good question.
(1)There is a saying,you will be addressed or treated the way you are dressed or appear. This woman looks like money,smells like money with gold and glittering all over,reason she was given the respect of test driving alone.

(2) Mechanic came with her,so dealer believed they were together,thinking since mechanic is not going with her she won't go anywhere. Not knowing she was a stranger to mechanic.

(3) How do you track a tokunbo car? Not registered. She even went away without custom duty. Even stolen registered cars aren't easy to track,talk more of a tokunbo car.

Note!! Kubwa express,as soon as you enter that smooth road,its either u face kaduna,lokoja or make a u turn and face nasarawa.

Baba that shiiit taught me something that day.
After,there was this couple that came to inspect my lexus Es350,we were all in the car when they test drove the car,next he asked his wife or girlfriend do you like the car? She said yes!! He then asked if I could come down from the car and excuse them for a minute cos he needs to discuss with her if they should buy the car or not lol. Mind you AC was on,so it was more like the excuse of they don't want to stay in the sun.
Guess what? I just push the stop button of the car,collected the key from the guy and stepped out. They both looked at me funny,but man I care less. Only God knows,if I had left them with the keys all in the name of I want to sellcar grin. Na same kubwa express o,you need see that road,SMOOTH LIKE BETTER,na bye bye be that.
thank you for this detailed reply , lol.. I’m laughing cos I’m not the one but I know how painful it can be, yes I know kubwa road , very free , she fit don Dey Lafia sef before them find out say na scam ooo .. learnt loads of lesson here myself too .. thanks for setting me straight on my confusion ..

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by id4sho(m): 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
dannybrasky:

Very good question.
(1)There is a saying,you will be addressed or treated the way you dress or appear. This woman looks like money,smells like money with gold and glittering all over,reason she was given the respect of test driving alone.

(2) Mechanic came with her,so dealer believed they were together,thinking since mechanic is not going with her she won't go anywhere. Not knowing she was a stranger to mechanic.

(3) How do you track a tokunbo car? Not registered. She even went away without custom duty. Even stolen registered cars aren't easy to track,talk more of a tokunbo car.

Note!! Kubwa express,as soon as you enter that smooth road,its either u face kaduna,lokoja or make a u turn and face nasarawa.

After,there was this couple that came to inspect my lexus Es350,we were all in the car when they test drove the car,next he asked his wife or girlfriend do you like the car? She said yes!! He then asked if I could come down from the car and excuse them for a minute cos he needs to discuss with her if they should buy the car or not lol. Mind you AC was on,so it was more like the excuse of they don't want to stay in the sun.
Guess what? I just push the stop button of the car,collected the key from the guy and stepped out. They both looked at me funny,but man I care less. Only God knows,if I had left them with the keys all in the name of I want to sellcar grin. Na same kubwa express o,you need see that road,SMOOTH LIKE BETTER,na bye bye be that.

Have you heard about fake alert on Fridays? Why Fridays ?Lol.
There are different levels to this nonsense.
sharp man, times are hard.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by dannybrasky(m): 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
fowlyansh181:
thank you for this detailed reply , lol.. I’m laughing cos I’m not the one but I know how painful it can be, yes I know kubwa road , very free , she fit don Dey Lafia sef before them find out say na scam ooo .. learnt loads of lesson here myself too .. thanks for setting me straight on my confusion ..

If it wasn't for that experience,I would have stepped down from the lexus,and trust me they would have zoomed off.
They didn't buy the car in the end,meaning they were on a mission.
Some dealers now don't care,if you don't Pay on the spot they won't move the car. You go here after all even in cotonu you won't test drive more than a meter lol.

And with the Friday fake alert,these scammers come to your stand to inspect,they don't even bargain that much,when leaving they collect your account details and tell you they will make a transfer. They will wait till Friday to effect a fake transfer around 2pm or 3pm showing your old balance added to your current balance lol.
How they do that i don't know,I don't want to believe someone is aiding them in the bank.
He will then call and ask if you have seen alert,your only saving grace would be you checking your bank app,atm or calling your bank to be sure the money reflects. If you no do am na gobe o,cos the money won't be there.

He will then send someone, possibly one of his cohort to come pick the car,if you didn't find out the alert is fake,you are toast,if you find out,he will tell you didn't you see alert,the problem is your bank,he will put so much pressure on you to release the car because he is traveling with it. If you mistakenly buckle under pressure and you release your car,na segobe grin cos they know bank don't open till Monday and by then they are long gone grin grin

7 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by dannybrasky(m): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
id4sho:

sharp man, times are hard.

No time baba mi,experience is the best teacher,make we dey drop am here make everyone learn,times are really hard.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by NoToPile: 7:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
dannybrasky:

If it wasn't for that experience,I would have stepped down from the lexus,and trust me they would have zoomed off.
Some dealers now don't care,if you don't Pay on the spot they won't move the car. You go here after all even in cotonu you won't test drive more than a meter lol.

And with the Friday fake alert,these scammers come to your stand to inspect,they don't even bargain that much,when leaving they collect your account details and tell you they will make a transfer. They will wait till Friday to effect a fake transfer around 2pm or 3pm showing your old balance added to your current balance lol.
How they do that i don't know,I don't want to believe someone is aiding them in the bank.
He will then call and ask if you have seen alert,your only saving grace would be you checking your bank app,atm or calling your bank to be sure the money reflects. If you no do am na gobe o,cos the money won't be there.

He will then send someone, possibly one of his cohort to come pick the car,if you didn't find out the alert is fake,you are toast,if you find out,he will tell you didn't you see alert,the problem is your bank,he will put so much pressure on you to release the car because he is traveling with it. If you mistakenly buckle under pressure and you release your car,na segobe grin cos they know bank don't open till Monday and by then they are long gone grin grin

Na real waaa angry
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Calicoe: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
No one in his right senses would send money to a car seller without seeing him/her in person. Proper test, checking of papers, underground investigations has to be done before payment for a car is made. That's just my two Cent's on buying a car

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
driving:

Picking what doesn't belong to you shows you lack integrity. Then you also need to gambling. I am not a fraudster.
Country hard ma brother.Na money I pick,I no steal or dupe person.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Angelacruz: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2021
Uwc
AdemolaA2:

Thanks
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by AutoRhino: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
CARS REPUBLIC i salute you. U just dodged a fraudulent bullet from a woman something that on a normal takes it victim. cheesy

But why u take our market outside cry
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by chukwuibuipob: 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
Dnt allow anybody to rescan u in the name of giving u one useless EFCC paddy name.We will forward all to official EFCC, special fraud unit. Dat she goat will vomit every kobo
AdemolaA2:

Here are the scammer’s details .
Grace Chidinma Nwaokobia
09021199146 and please , could you help with any contact person At EFCC ?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by johnnyn1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
dannybrasky:

Very good question.
(1)There is a saying,you will be addressed or treated the way you dress or appear. This woman looks like money,smells like money with gold and glittering all over,reason she was given the respect of test driving alone.

Guess what? I just push the stop button of the car,collected the key from the guy and stepped out. They both looked at me funny,but man I care less. Only God knows,if I had left them with the keys all in the name of I want to sellcar grin. Na same kubwa express o,you need see that road,SMOOTH LIKE BUTTER,na bye bye be that.

Welcome to GIDITRACKERNG. we secure, track and recover Automobiles.
Install a vehicle tracker in your automobile today.
With our installation, you will be able to.
- Know exact google location of your car.
- Listen to real-time conversation from your car.
- Stop and resume engine remotely.
- Geofencing.
- Know Car history up to 2 years back etc.

Apps available on Appstore and Playstore.

If you want to install a god tracker in your car , give us a Call us right away.
#Giditrackerng. #Secureit
follow us on Instagram @giditrackerng for more details.

1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Happychildlove(f): 8:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
Acecards:
grin very funny
some dealers put small fuel in d car and make sure they have their boy beside u while testing it

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by jubianose(m): 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
jaxxy:

Virgo u do not go to Berger to buy a car without knowing sm1 u trust there or verifying the authentic owner of the car from various sources there. There are many online and offline scammers using Berger and other places to scam desperate and greedy unsuspecting buyers. U already know the car Ure buying cost way more u shudnt be greedy to fall for such.

Some other greedy person would have paid and start accusing ghosts of fraud. Let’s be careful and guided.

Also never pay money to sm1 not present with u claiming to be owner of a car when u have not authenticated his/her ownership with necessary documents.

Meanwhile I have a camry 2012/13 Toks for 3.95m. Cheers.

Can I see the pics sir. Is it LE?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by audiigee(m): 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
So sad...Thank God you were smart...I have someone I have been using for 3years now and he is trust worthy., he is based in Ibadan while I in Benin.... You can try him out he will deliver for you at the cheapest prices you can get.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by jaxxy(m): 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
jubianose:

Can I see the pics sir. Is it LE?

LE yes. Whatsapp 08 02811 5668. Thx
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by PotatoSalad(m): 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zoharariel:

The woman's bank account details below should be reported to the appropriate authorities & be flagged.

GTBank
Name: Oshinubi Adeola oluwabumi

Her number: +234 808 679 8163
Might not even be hers. I've had alleged friends ask for my account details to receive payment cos "network wasn't available" on theirs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Munzy14(m): 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
STINOS:
I agree with you but no always true. I bought a UK used laptop, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Core i5 with 4GB Nvidia dedicated graphics for 160k. I thought it was a scam because all the prices I saw on jiji and the ones from Nairaland were 200k upwards. And I decided to buy it and the guy agreed on POD with receipt issued to me via a dispatch rider. As I'm talking to you i am still using the system and it didn't give me any issue.
You didn't buy a cheap article bro.

It would av been one, if it was sold at 60k to you.

You bought a good article at a moderate bargain based on it fairly used grade.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Bestinstinct(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2021
I'm just here screaming like haaaa.........this FMT fit catch anybody o. Thanks for sharing OP, I'm happy for you o....chai! Omo! This one fear me

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by fowlyansh181(m): 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
dannybrasky:

this life is dangerous oo

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by AdemolaA2: 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
Dnt allow anybody to rescan u in the name of giving u one useless EFCC paddy name.We will forward all to official EFCC, special fraud unit. Dat she goat will vomit every kobo

Thank you so much bro .. God bless you !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Clemzy2266: 10:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
Some time people need this kind of experience to learn. Cheap things are very risky. U were enticed by cheap price but thank God u didn't learn ur lesson in a hard way. Where in Nigeria will u get 2011 Camry for 3.7? D person go thief am?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2021

Na dem!

And they will be busy abusing hardworking Igbos selling gala in the streets of Lagos!

Awon weree

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by legendine(m): 11:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
wellsaid:
When transacting anything no matter how real It looks always be careful.

Guys if you need I.T video tutorials Data science Web Development and Mobile Development, Programming, Ethical Hacking, etc just check my profile and my other threads. I give as much as you want.

are u giving it for free?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by eagleonearth(m): 1:41am On Jan 25, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I am ready for that debate sir. You sold the car at a loss, or you sold a badly damaged scrap that you put together .

you're losing your respect by making puerile submissions

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by nbolaji(m): 3:55am On Jan 25, 2021
Here is another scammer

A/C name: Jimoh Nurudeen

A/C No: 1423587066

Bank name: Access bank

Phone number: 09021137807

This criminal uses different number. People should be very careful who they give their account number too to avoid wahala.

Ao ni ko agbako oo

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by AMvanquish: 4:16am On Jan 25, 2021
dannybrasky:

Very good question.

Guess what? I just push the stop button of the car,collected the key from the guy and stepped out. They both looked at me funny,but man I care less. Only God knows,if I had left them with the keys all in the name of I want to sellcar grin. Na same kubwa express o,you need see that road,SMOOTH LIKE BUTTER,na bye bye be that.

Guy. Seems like you have a lot of experience with all their Fraud formats... It won't be bad to share all with the house.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:28am On Jan 25, 2021
eagleonearth:
you're losing your respect by making puerile submissions

eagleonearth:
oga I have that motor 2014 for 4.4M. I sold it for 3.250 last year

let me break it down for you since you are shifting to respect matter

2014 Toyota Camry.

Sold for ₦3,250,000

Let's assume you paid the right custom duty (still compromised)

Handling (USA) ₦235,000

Clearing ₦1,500,000

Shipping ₦470,000 (average )

Price of the car ₦X (in dollars )

Total ₦2,205,000 (excluding price of car)

These assumptions are minimum averages.

With your sale price at ₦3,250,000 car price is about ₦1,045,000 (2,200 dollars) it's either a badly salvaged car which will still need repairs (pushing the sale price further) or you picked it for free on the streets of the abroad for you to have made a profit.

I have made this journey more than once in 2019 and 2020 and I can tell you you ran at a big loss.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by wellsaid(m): 6:45am On Jan 25, 2021
legendine:

are u giving it for free?

Almost free.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by jydemann: 8:00am On Jan 25, 2021
I have a 2013 black color Camry for sale @ 4.0M...chat me on WhatsApp 07057966960 if interested

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Maxcollins042(m): 8:36am On Jan 25, 2021
Virgohills:
I test drove and I loved the car. She called me after the test drive and said do I like it. I said yes. So she sent me her account details as seen below

GT bnk

Her number: +234 808 679 8163

She said once I have paid I send my full name and address for receipt, also I must send proof of payment to her too. I said ok

Then I requested to see the man that own the car for real. I need to see him. He then came out, I told him all the conversations I have been having on phone and that she said she has spoken to you that I can pay 3.7m for this car. The man said no one spoke to him about any payment. That he was told on phone ife gave him to answer that I am just a mechanic. That once I have confirmed she will pay...she even went on to collect the man's (owner) account details

So the man said well. If you are chatting with this lady and you are the buyer. Call her on video call let's see her to confirm all. I then called her on video call, she declined and called me direct. The owner took the phone from me. And said I thought you said he is your mechanic. You are you asking him to send you 3.7m for a car worth 5.5m.

If you truly want to buy this car send us the balance now he will pay us the 3.7m here then he can go with the car. Then at this point the she ended the call and deleted her account details from the chat as seen in the image below. But I have already forwarded it out.

You went far cursing innocent kids. Baba that one no good na
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Jubreal19: 9:59am On Jan 25, 2021
This country Na wa o
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by apparentlylaw(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2021
RoRoo:
chai sorry bro, follow up her bank, you should get her kyc to arrest her..

Our banking system is weak..This days the smart criminals work hand in hand with bankers to create accounts which they just have access to ...I don't know how they do the KYC thing but trust me they have grown so smart

Last year a friend of mine was robbed with a POS device in a one chance bus ..275k swiped ...of course through her contacts she got the corresponding bank and account number linked to the POS but upon investigation it was found that the account and POS belongs to a white man without a fake name ...where would she start from ...no money was found in the account but the account was just flagged down ....that's how they operate now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Need A Totoya Camry 2000/01 Xle or Avalon 2000/01 XLS / ****WOOOWW!!!! SUPER DUPA HOT CAR DEALS********� / IVM Expansion: Igwe Nnewi Endorses Plan, Blesses New Location(photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.