Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:07 PM

Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? (29088 Views)

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Nigerians Living In Austria,how Is Life Over There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by naijaspeak(m): 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2011
Nigerian living in India. How is the life over there in India?

Are there job opportunities for foreigners in India?

What are the problems a Nigerian that is relocating to india faces?

Are indian friendly towards foreigner that are resident in their country?

I understand that indian is the hub of the world 's IT industry which means there is a lot of computer jobs for qualified persons.

So what does India holds for a foreigners ( Nigerian )?

Thanks
[b][/b]
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by 25omega(m): 12:34am On Apr 04, 2011
consider this

over a billion people with wide spread poverty
cast system where the lighter your skin the more respect and oppurtunities you get

oh well these are just things i read and saw in documentaries so i dont know

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by sadboy: 11:05am On Apr 04, 2011
poster i would advice you clean up this post and dont ask any body again. i once stayed in india for a year and your question are none of the above. if you are going there for business buying of goods then its ok except you are thinking of crime. and you will be put to jail thousands of nigerians are jailed up in indian

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by AjanleKoko: 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
India is just like Nigeria, and worse in certain respects, like population, and lack of amenities.
Rather than go to India, just stay in Nigeria. Indians are rushing down to Nigeria everyday.

Even at their embassy on Walter Carrington, the staff there keep trying to squeeze some cash out of people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by naijaspeak(m): 5:36am On Apr 05, 2011
I wish to thank all of you who responded to my post concerning the opportunities that exist for a Nigerian migrant  wishing to relocate to India. I found your advice very valuable. . I am now getting better informed about India.

I was fooled by the india tourism advert on CNN and BBC to thinking that india is the best place to find comfort. They made india to look like a paradise on earth.

Initially, I was proposing to go there to search for jobs given the poor state of the nigerian economy. My final thanks to you all
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by AfricaMars: 6:54am On Apr 05, 2011
I have been to bangalore, the people there are really friendly.
Indians are also smart so keep an eye on your wallet.
You think IT opportunity? shocked I see competition man, they are more than a billion and many of them studied IT so where do you fit in unless you are extremely talented. Well for the fact that you speak english, you could have an advantage because the language is really important in india.
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by wahabcoal(m): 11:18pm On Apr 05, 2011
I'm a graduate of Accounting with passion for IT. I intend having practical ITskills, there are lots of training schools in India with ridiculosly cheap fees for CCNA,ORACLE,Programming courses, etc. Is india an ideal place for IT training? Which institute is best? I have NO basic computing background but would like to study Business computing so as to integrate IT with my management experience, what practical skills do i need?
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by jimtosam: 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
I will recommend Zoom Technology for you, Zoom is very close to Covergence Labs in Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh, India.Zoom is more practical oriented than Convergence.Most Nigerians that got to India through convergence still enroll for some courses in Zoom.I promise you will have a nice time in India.Just try and go with enough cash to sustain you for the 3/6months program.I will advise you not to have a mind of going there to hustle, go with a great mind that you want to change ur life and career, If you have some online business ideas, it's a good time to establish them cos there wont be Nigeria barrier again.

Light -- 24/7
Cost of living -- very very low
Social -- good social life.Nice people.No language barrier.They speak English.
Networking -- from India, you can network for a good job to other Asian countries like Qatar, Brunei, etc.

Follow God's direction and pray for HIS favour.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by jimtosam: 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2011
For more info about India IT training -- 08064695530
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by komekn(m): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
For good quality training, education and professional certification the answer is a big YES, because all-round costs are much lower than in the west.

However, that’s where it ends completely, Indians at completion of their education are looking in mass to leave many would, and are dreaming of coming to Nigeria.

I was in Chennai for some time in 2007 and I have never seen extremes of poverty in all my life, like I saw in India. Yes the people are very friendly and if you are looking for a wife, you will be inundated you will feel like you are Jamie fox, Tyrese, Usher etc, etc. all said Naija is much, much, much better.

But if you are Christ centred and have a heart to sow into the lives of millions of people and change lives then this is a true mission for good and God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by wahabcoal(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
@jintosam, Thanks a lot for the info on Zoom, ive known zoom for sometimes now and would have loved to go there if they had been Software courses offered. I am interested in Programming, software training, web design, etc. But zoom deals mainly in hardware-Networkingethical hacking etc. Please help me with a certified software training instiute.
Thanks so much.
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by AjanleKoko: 9:51am On Apr 18, 2011
@OP,
Why do you need to go to India to learn software? You can learn all that stuff here.
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by wahabcoal(m): 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Ajanlekoko, where here in Nigeria can i learn them.
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by AjanleKoko: 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
wahabcoal:

@Ajanlekoko, where here in Nigeria can i learn them.

NIIT, Aptech, New Horizons and a bunch of other places. NIIT and Aptech are Indian companies anyway.
Better than actually going to India. People only go to India for certifications like CCIE, cos the boot camps are cheaper in India than anywhere else.
Apart from that, I see no point in going there to learn anything IT. Particularly when you consider the quality of the Indian engineers that come to work in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by wahabcoal(m): 6:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Ajanleko, Thanks for your reply. Im aware of these institutions, regarding cost ive checked lots of institutes there, they charged averagely from N15,000 and N50,000. I would love to study a multimedia sort of program like web design and development like the courses this institute offers http://www.tgcindia.com/ Where would you suggest i study such courses here in Nigeria? Thanks
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by DisGuy: 2:22am On Apr 19, 2011
naijaspeak:

I wish to thank all of you who responded to my post concerning the opportunities that exist for a Nigerian migrant  wishing to relocate to India. I found your advice very valuable. . I am now getting better informed about India.

I was fooled by the [size=18pt]india tourism[/size] advert on CNN and BBC to thinking that india is the best place to find comfort. They made india to look like a paradise on earth.

Initially, I was proposing to go there to search for jobs given the poor state of the nigerian economy. My final thanks to you all
[b][/b]

do you know what tourism is?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Gbenge77(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
The is a preponderance of indians in the USA.They are just everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by wokemzine: 6:52am On May 19, 2011
I am new in the house, pls i need ur help, i am planing on going to india for process control & instrumentation courses, but don't really know the best training institute for that. I have googled it, but keep seeing so many. im actually confused. Any helping nigerian with knowlegde of indian training institutes should pls assist me. & is it a wise idea, going to india for such courses?.
Thank you all,
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by noblegas2(m): 10:25am On May 19, 2011
lol, i would like to visit India someday as in do they really dance and sing all the time lol
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by go4gold007(m): 10:05am On Nov 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

NIIT, Aptech, New Horizons and a bunch of other places. NIIT and Aptech are Indian companies anyway.
Better than actually going to India. People only go to India for certifications like CCIE, cos the boot camps are cheaper in India than anywhere else.
Apart from that, I see no point in going there to learn anything IT. Particularly when you consider the quality of the Indian engineers that come to work in Nigeria.
NIIT, APTECH n all dose IT schls r joker, they can't offer anything. U will only enjoy them if you are presently working in an IT firm n ur job function alligns with course of study in the IT academy. If u want really pursue a career in IT, dose schls r not where to go to..
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by corpROYAL(m): 3:45am On Aug 27, 2014
AjanleKoko: India is just like Nigeria, and worse in certain respects, like population, and lack of amenities.
Rather than go to India, just stay in Nigeria. Indians are rushing down to Nigeria everyday.

Even at their embassy on Walter Carrington, the staff there keep trying to squeeze some cash out of people.

please drop more information about india most especially from Nigeria who reside in india.

what l got to know about india are; they have open and free market like that of Dubai, they have many industries like pharmaceutical industry, phone & phone and computer also automobile l know they produce TATA and all this KEKE NPAPE three cycle are produce there and baja motor cycle. other problem is over population, indian are everywhere in the world and china as well even china also have the same problem, there are some documentary of poverty l saw on tv that exist in china but that doesn't stop people going there. India is good for business, medical, IT and Tourism it all depend on what you are going there for.
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
enquire now
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by firstguy01: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
What are the criterials of getting the india visa
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
firstguy01:
What are the criterials of getting the india visa

do you wish to relocate or you wish to go for holiday?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2014
anybody have any doubts

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
Thank you for your valuable response!!
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hi All
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
Enquire Now... Book Early and get discounts
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thank You for your response
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by idu1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
nikhildha:
Thank You for your response
please what is the average amount to study three years paramedical course in india.
Re: Nigerians Living In India - How Is The Life Over There? by Artorius(m): 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
wahabcoal:
I'm a graduate of Accounting with passion for IT. I intend having practical ITskills, there are lots of training schools in India with ridiculosly cheap fees for CCNA,ORACLE,Programming courses, etc. Is india an ideal place for IT training? Which institute is best? I have NO basic computing background but would like to study Business computing so as to integrate IT with my management experience, what practical skills do i need?
I have been to India bros, its a no no if you ask me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once / 2-Day Hailstorm Hits Katsina State (Photos) / 2 Months Ago Vs Now: Guy Recovers From Deadly Trailer Accident That Killed All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.