Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century (37350 Views)

Sane Woman Who Suddenly Ran Mad.. Spotted Roaming About . Do You Know Her? / Umahi Mocks Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says Freedom Fighters Shouldn’t Be Outside / Adamu Garba: ‘Cows More Valuable Than Oil And Gas’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Gondonu: 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2021
…Says no land is no man’s land

Amid the crisis generated by the quit notice given to herders in Ogun and Oyo states,  a former All Progressives Congress, APC,  presidential aspirant,  Adamu Garba, has said that it is wrong for cows to be roaming about in Nigeria in 21 century.

He also said there is no land in Nigeria that does not belong to either the federal,  state or local governments,  saying land can only be used upon agreement with the owner.

He called on government to quickly speak on land ownership in the country with a view to resolving certain misconceptions about land ownership.

Adamu,  who said these in a post on his Facebook page,  blamed those he called city Fulani for not making a case for ranching to be used for grazing by herders.

His words:”I’m a Fulani man, but I can tell you that it doesn’t make sense for cows to be roaming the streets in 2021.

Cows should be ranched on a land acquired or rented by the ranchers.

“By law, land can only be used through rent or purchase.

“Government should step forward and clear this out.

“I believe, to reconcile the raging herders crisis is to open proper communication where each knows the laws of the land.

“All lands in Nigeria, including forests belongs to some entity, FG, SGs, LGs, Company’s or individuals.

“Thus no land can be used without proper authorization.

“The problem of the Fulani herders is a betrayal from the city Fulanis, who decided, after moving to cities, acquiring wealth & power, but forget to carry the village brothers along, leaving them in a desperate situation.

“Land issue is as old as humanity, no any state power can give land to anyone where the land is been identified with owners for generations, without purchasing or renting.

“The rich Fulani’s must come together & assist our fellow brothers to get reaching land or forest for grazing.

“Else, this will be a breeding ground for a circlical conflicts, a very ripe situation for civil war. This must be avoided at all cost. ”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/cows-shouldnt-be-roaming-about-in-21st-century-adamu-garba-apc-chieftain/amp/

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by dumahi(m): 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
OK. Sensible. This is my first time of seeing one of them saying the obvious truth that should have been said since. I'm afraid he's trying to manipulate us into thinking he cares. Otherwise, why now? In any case, better late than never.

Nigerians are warned not to lose their guard due to such rhetoric from them because they are master manipulators. Instead, click here & read this thread entitled "Easier-Than-imagined Way To Overcome The Herder Tribe In Nigeria"

309 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Gondonu: 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2021
At least this one seems to know that cattle ranching is the best modality towards animal husbandry.But will his fulani brothers agree? Buy land and ranch your animals. Fulanis should stop living in the Bush.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Zenithpeak(m): 4:25pm On Jan 24, 2021
You surprised me big time Adamu.

Barman!!!..... Give him one cold calabash of fura-de-nunu.

237 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Gondonu: 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zenithpeak:
You surprised me big time Adamu.
His senseless fight or suit against twitter CEO seems to have knocked some senses into him or perhaps it is another political gimmick?

225 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Earlystar698(m): 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Na audio,he wants you people to go download his app grin grin grin

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by SchmidtHammer: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
I spoke to my father-in-law,a Fulani man himself, a while ago (due to my personal relationship with him, this was the first time I have ever considered the farmers-herders clashes from the perspective of a Fulani man), he explained certain delicate and complex intricacies that makes the proposed ranching system, that used to me a very straightforward one, now seem quite problematic IN THIS PRESENT MOMENT.
The laws in our constitution are not the laws of nature. These laws, as stated in our constitution, are created considering human peculiarities, such that 'general' beliefs even though inclined towards sentiments, as long as they are adopted by a represented reasonable minority and such that IT IS POSSIBLE THERE COULD BE A WAY AROUND THEM with the conditios that it does not threaten the ORDER in the country and the fundamental rights of others (the majority) is not infringed upon.
Having stated the above, it is easy to see that the problem with the proposed Ranching System is that while it is a very logically straightforward solution, it is not the most considerate, therefore not the most appropriate (at least in the short term) and using a method analogous the Occam's Razor for solutions in politics and human relations is unreasonable in my opinion. Open cattle rearing is a culture and proposing a change in this culture must be approached as sensitively as other important cultures of the other tribes. One does not expect that a culture be abandoned overnight, nor that laws guiding a country be entirely insensitive to the peculiarities of the people bound under it.
As in developed worlds, these are the kinds of problems that are confronted by Political scientists, Economic analysts and sociologists, putting forward a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of THE PROBLEM OF HERDERS in the country.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by updatechange(m): 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
Tell that to your cow president

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Arewa1stSon: 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
I blame our leaders!!
I strongly blame our leaders for refusing to modernize cow Bussiness!
One cow Cost not less than 300k!!

Our fulani leaders failed woefully to upgrade this business instead we keep using archaic style that is today causing unnecessary tensions and blackmail.

Imagine if we don't have herdsmen in the south??
No brainless... Lazy animals would have been chasing after herders and chest beating for dealing with the Great jallohs!!

we have to stop open Grazing and modernize our Bussiness... Add more value to it... And increase the prize!!

My Generation have alot of works to do!!
We have to stop herdersmen from randomly grazing in the bush.
I really want all southern governors to help us evict all herdsmen in their region!

The southners should do that for us.... We want the cow Bussiness back to the north and modernized!

Enough of all these dramas and politics!! Evict all herdsmen so that your region will be free from skull mining, cultism, robbery, ritualists, fraudsters and hoodlums!

I really want the south to succeed on this....it's for our own good!!

Our leaders must wake up and learn in the hard way!!
Look at how they've used the media to demonized and criminalized the whole Fulanis.

Our fathers failed the north!!

I can't wait to mount into the corridor of power!!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Ok !

This seems charade to me, am suspecting political wisdom here . cheesy

If he meant what he said, then I succumb to this.

Meanwhile, grin
We still no go download crownwe app. grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Built2last: 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
Buhari will divide Nigeria. He will be the last president of a united Nigeria.

Since the North dont trust the west or east, they will try to hold on to power by all means in 2023. The southern leaders will be more united to kick against it and that will mark the beginning of the end for the British child called Nigeria.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by AlhajiImam: 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
Allah owns every land. If we are to pay, we use the money as alms to help our people and the almajirai.

People should stop claiming ownership of lands. It's a natural Allah given resource to be used by all.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by seunmsg(m): 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
This is a very sensible position that all reasonable Nigerians should take irrespective of ethnicity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by seunmsg(m): 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2021
AlhajiImam:
Allah owns every land. If we are to pay, we use the money as alms to help our people and the almajirai.

People should stop claiming ownership of lands. It's a natural Allah given resource to be used by all.

Allah may own all the lands in North west but you see the lands in Ekiti and other south west states, it belongs to the indigenous people of the states and according to the land use act, the custody is vested in the governors of the states.

Even in your Sokoto and Kano where Allah owns the land, can I move into any available land and start producing and selling alcohol? Can I move into any of your forest and start rearing pigs?

Your hypocritical sharia police goes about breaking bottles of beer after taking tramadol and sniffing latrines and we don’t complain because we know it’s your land. So, why can’t you do your business in our states without the criminal activities and without violating the customs of the local people?

237 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by luvmijeje(f): 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2021
Well said. He didn't only go through school, school also went through him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by beejaay: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
AlhajiImam:

So I can come and build my burukutu biz beside your family house in Kano since the land is free and belongs to Allah and your bloodthirsty tongue will not wanna kill...

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by AlhajiImam: 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
beejaay:

So I can come and build my burukutu biz beside your family house in Kano since the land is free and belongs to Allah and your bloodthirsty tongue will not wanna kill...

Every society have their culture and their traditions
Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin grin Cattle have been Nigerian citizens since independence, It only became an issue now thanks to our darling daddy, they also appear in one of the notes of the Nigerian currency to tell you how important they are.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by AlhajiImam: 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
seunmsg:

Allah may own the land in Sokoto but you see the land in Ekiti and other south west states, it belongs to the indigenous people of the states and according to the land use act, the custody is vested in the governors of the states.

Even in your Sokoto and Kano where Allah owns the land, can I move into any available land and start producing and selling alcohol? Can I move into any of your forest and start rearing pigs?

Your sharia police goes about breaking bottles of beer and taking tramadol and sniffing latrines.

Before the land use act of the 70's, have we not been grazing and making use of the land in southwest?
Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Odua1stson: 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
Tell your kinsmen and that president of fulani, de bastard in arse hole rock that thing will be hard for them if they continue like this, go to sambisa forest or any forest in your fucking region and start doing anyhow but here in yoruba land there will be problem for you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by IamDavid(m): 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2021
This is sensible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
Gondonu:

His words:”I’m a Fulani man, but I can tell you that it doesn’t make sense for cows to be roaming the streets in 2021.

Cows should be ranched on a land acquired or rented by the ranchers.

“By law, land can only be used through rent or purchase.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/cows-shouldnt-be-roaming-about-in-21st-century-adamu-garba-apc-chieftain/amp/
If not that they are trying to forment trouble, is this not common sense

Even they don't need the help of the Fulanis living in the city, there's more than enough land in Sambisa! They should go there

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by jojofola: 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
Werey wan dey disguise.

Adamu Garuba, you still do not have sense!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Abigirlsuen: 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
Gondonu:
His senseless fight or suit against twitter CEO seems to have knocked some senses into him.
There wasn't nothing senseless about it.
Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by seunmsg(m): 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
AlhajiImam:

Before the land use act of the 70's, have we not been grazing and making use of the land in southwest?

Have you been kidnapping, raping and killing people since then?

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by xynerise: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
He can say this on the internet and do the opposite in reality

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Bodyodour: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
First time this useless man made some sense .

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by fitzmayowa: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
I never thought I would see the day Garba Adamu the same man that sued Twitter will say something reasonable, he has hit the nail on the head....

The next step is for the Fulani elites to educate their kinsmen on ranching and help understand that their age long roaming around the bush is outdated and there is need for them to embrace the modern way of doing business....

Their herding business is not as big as herding in Texas and what they do is ranching and everyone lives in peace.....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by TATALoAlaMu: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
It seems they have rented scaffold to put some sense in this guy's head...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century by Sammy07: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
[s]
AlhajiImam:

[/s]

Very stupid statement.

55 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Holds Close Door Meeting With All PDP Chairmen (Pictures) / Buhari's Presidential Campaign At Agege Stadium (Pictures) / Miyetti Allah: "Let Them Divide This Country, Fulanis Are Better Prepared"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.