Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. (3107 Views)

How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? / Discussion About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling And Others. / Meet Musa Usman, The Gateman Who Rejected House Offer For Borehole In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Good day house,

I'm Folarin, and I need your advice and suggestions about borehole installation. First and foremost, I apologise to the mods, if PROPERTIES isn't the right section to post this.

BACKSTORY: We had two surveys done before drilling the borehole to 150 metres depth. The first survey gave estimate of 150 - 170 metres, while the second gave 120 metres; each of these surveyors chose different spots for the drilling. We finally found water at around 130 to 135 metres, but we continued to 150 metres depth.

Now it's time for installation (of pumping machine) and I need your wise inputs. I have asked four people for a cost estimate and I'm stunned that each of them had different items on their list, and most importantly, they have completely different price ranges; from ₦130,000 to ₦265,000. shocked

Please if you're into borehole drilling business or you've recently done yours and quite knowledgeable about installation, please kindly let me know what it actually entails to install and be pumping water to our tanks (we have scaffold and tanks already, we used to buy water before, so we're good on this aspect).

Most importantly, what brand of pumping machine is the best? What horsepower would you recommend for the 150m depth? What other items are needed for the installation? How long does it takes to be completed and we start enjoying water?

Thank you so much. I look forward to your wise replies.

Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by lathrowinger: 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
Grundforce
Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by lathrowinger: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2021
2.5 horse power, then use Grundforce, sigma or allegro...

1 Like

Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
Good day, I just did my borehole and I paid 170,000 with pumping machine.

Learnt interdab pumping machine is the best

1 Like

Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
7COLOURS:
Good day, I just did my borehole and I paid 170,000 with pumping machine.

Learnt interdab pumping machine is the best

Thank you very much, sir. Please, what horsepower is your machine and what depth is your borehole?
Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
lathrowinger:
2.5 horse power, then use Grundforce, sigma or allegro...

Thank you.

While discussing with them, two of them suggested 1.5 horsepower, while another suggested 1 horsepower (this particular person fears that anything above 1 will be draining/using too much power from the electric meter when pumping).

With your suggestions of 2.5 horsepower, I'd like to point out that it's for 3-people residential use, not commercial and will 2.5 horsepower not be consuming too much electricity?

I appreciate your input, sir.
Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
Folarxn:

Machine- 7.5 (Three Quarter)

Depth- 150

I'm female not male sir smiley

Thank you very much, sir. Please, what horsepower is your machine and what depth is your borehole?

1 Like

Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by lathrowinger: 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
Folarxn:

Thank you.

While discussing with them, two of them suggested 1.5 horsepower, while another suggested 1 horsepower (this particular person fears that anything above 1 will be draining/using too much power from the electric meter when pumping).

With your suggestions of 2.5 horsepower, I'd like to point out that it's for 3-people residential use, not commercial and will 2.5 horsepower not be consuming too much electricity?

I appreciate your input, sir.

Still depend on the distance from point of the borehole. 1.5 go work am Sha. 45metresbelow suppose use 0.5, 75metres below suppose use 0.7, while 120 below 1hp, 150 to 179 debt suppose be 1.5... u need to add additional point hole from ground to the over head tank... your choice shocked

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2021
7COLOURS:

Machine- 7.5 (Three Quarter)

Depth- 150

I'm female not male sir smiley

Omg, I'm so sorry for the misgendering. Your handle isn't showing either male or female. And I erroneously assumed the male folks will be the one in this profession or experienced in this line of work. I apologise, ma.

Thank you so much, ma. I really appreciate your input.

1 Like

Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2021
Folarxn:

Omg, I'm so sorry for the misgendering. Your handle isn't showing either male or female. And I erroneously assumed the male folks will be the one in this profession or experienced in this line of work. I apologise, ma.

Thank you so much, ma. I really appreciate your input.

You are welcome sir smiley

Machine is 1.5 not 7.5 please

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2021
lathrowinger:

Still depend on the distance from point of the borehole. 1.5 go work am Sha. 45metresbelow suppose use 0.5, 75metres below suppose use 0.7, while 120 below 1hp, 150 to 179 debt suppose be 1.5... u need to add additional point hole from ground to the over head tank... your choice shocked

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your contributions.
Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2021
7COLOURS:

You are welcome sir smiley

Machine is 1.5 not 7.5 please

Thank you

Good day, ma. I have an update and a few more questions and your wise input about the borehole.

Just like you recommended, I got 1.5HP Interdab Submersible Pump. The driller recommended we use 18 pieces of tiger pipes, plus a few other peripherals.

After the installation, and electrician did his part, we turned on the machine to pump-test, it was just breeze/air, no water. So, we had to go rent a generator to ensure the installers installed correctly. Afterwards, the installer opined that our electricity current cannot handle the 1.5HP pump, that we need a stabilizer.

Now here comes my questions for you, ma. I believe we drilled the same length (150 metres) and we used the same 1.5HP Interdab Submersible Pump. So,

1. Do you currently use a stabilizer with your setup? If yes, what is the wattage/kva?

2. Have you ever tried pumping with a generator?

Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by akseph1: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2022
Please can I buy a pump of 1.5hp for a well of 150m deep. Please I need your advice. I want to buy a pump to use in the house where I am staying now. I am also having the mind of using the pump when I move to my house.
Re: Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. by ajaoahmed: 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
Please can I use 0.5 for 75m

(1) (Reply)

6 Storey Office Blocks For Sell @ogui Road Enugu-400m / 10 Rest Room School Reconstruction Project - Sponsored by Rotary Club of Ojodu / Why You Need To Buy Into The Nest Estate, Mowe Of Ssa Realties Limited?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.