Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

What Does Asiwaju Mean? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Asiwaju Mean? (36326 Views)

Kwara By-election: APC Mega Rally, Does This Mean Saraki Is Gone In Kwara? / Asiwaju Tinubu Look Super Dapper In This Picture / We've Sacrificed Everything For PDP; Loyalty Must Mean Something - Dankwambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 12:00am On Jan 25, 2021
OritoJasi:

Guy, I never said you aren't entitled to your opinion or dislike for the man, just that on election day your view won't be worth more than one vote. Yeah, I know it sucks, but it is what it is. undecided

And yeah, I feel you're flattering yourself when you make absolute statements like 'Tinubu can never be president', because nothing you exhibit on here suggests that you are capable of influencing such an outcome. Buhari has said and done worse than Tinubu ever said or did, yet he is in his second term as president of Nigeria.

You are free to promote whoever else you would prefer as president, be it yoruba, igbo or whatever. But your dislike for Tinubu's person (on the grounds that he doesn't meet your standard of an ethnic jingoist) is not enough to disqualify him from the race.

So what you are saying is since we all have only one vote we should shut up . Or those who like Tinubu have more than one vote?

You are being obtuse with the revelation that I have only one vote.

Clearly only those who say what is palatable to you should speak

So if I say Nigeria will not win the World cup I am flattering myself?
Have you never made statement about who will or will not win elections? Everyone who has an interest in politics or any competition does that. How is that self flattery

What is clear is that you have an intolerant mindset especially for those opposed to your god Tinubu

Yes he willl not be president

Not only wil he not be president he will not be APC's candidate

That is my projection

1 Like

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by OritoJasi: 12:06am On Jan 25, 2021
aribisala0:

So what you are saying is since we all have only one vote we should shut up . Or those who like Tinubu have more than one vote?

You are being obtuse with the revelation that I have only one vote.

Clearly only those who say what is palatable to you should speak

So if I say Nigeria will not win the World cup I am flattering myself?
Have you never made statement about who will or will not win elections? Everyone who has an interest in politics or any competition does that. How is that self flattery

What is clear is that you have an intolerant mindset especially for those opposed to your god Tinubu

Yes he willl not be president

Not only wil he not be president he will not be APC's candidate

That is my projection

You said Tinubu will not be president (your view), and I retorted that while you are entitled to that position, it remains a mere opinion that may have no bearing on the actual outcome if he does indeed contest, and you are here whining. Grow up and learn to accept that others have just as much of a right to disagree with your opinion as you do airing yours.

5 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by LegendHero(m): 12:10am On Jan 25, 2021
aribisala0:

I am entitled to canvas that is my right no? We shall see how much that is worth on election day

Let us see how many I can persuade is that not the nature of discourse. Why are you so desperate to suppress my view.
Where does "flattering myself" come into it?
What did Obasanjo achieve for the Yorubas? Any Legacy project?

Awo's legacies from COCOA money Not oil are all over the place till today
X

And what will the Igbo presidency that you prefer achieve for the Yorubas?

5 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 12:10am On Jan 25, 2021
OritoJasi:

You said Tinubu will not be president (your view), and I retorted that while you are entitled to that position, it remains a mere opinion that may have no bearing on the actual outcome if he does indeed contest, and you are here whining. Grow up and learn to accept that others have just as much of a right to disagree with your opinion as you do airing yours.
GO back and see your posts and see who needs to grow up

You are the one trying to stifle me not the the other way round

I expressed my view express yours

Do you have to quote me?
You are the paid agent trying to bully people to your way of thinking

Start your own thread for Tinubu praise and worship and see whether I come there to bother you
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 12:13am On Jan 25, 2021
LegendHero:

Guy I think we better stop now I don't have time for frivolous talk.

Quote me to show where I said I prefer Igbo presidency if not goodbye
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by LegendHero(m): 12:21am On Jan 25, 2021
omoharry:
Osibanjos destiny is not tied to Tinubu anymore ..but within the south west, he is the one that can win vote across the nation and not Tinubu .But I prefer someone that is strong & credible enough to push for the restructuring of the country through presenting the national Confab of 2014 ..and can go ahead to veto it if our representative decide to reject it . We need a courageous leader that have the progress of this country at heart and can makes changes to the nation without fear or favour .

The below quote from Oritiojasi should tell you why Osinbajo will fail without Tinubu support.

To add to that, Where will Osinbajo get money and contacts to finance his campaigns in other zones? Osinbajo is not even a politician to start with, he has no structure, he has no disciples, he is just a VP and he doesn’t seem to me like someone that know how to wield or power.

However, if I am presented a choice between Tinubu and Osinbajo, I will pick Tinubu because we need a president with independence of thought, a politician that understands the terrain, and someone strong enough to look anybody in the eye to push for strong policies.

Osinbajo could turn out to be another Jonathan if care is not taken. He like pleasing everybody and he might not be that strong president you want to have.

I will choose Fashola over him if possible coz Fashman is one strong guy that can’t be bullied by anyone, not even Tinubu or any Northern leader.

OritoJasi:

Don't mind them. They don't understand the dynamics of Nigeria politics. Personally, Osinbajo is my number 1 preferred candidate as well, but realistically I know his candidacy will not fly in the party without Tinubu's endorsement because he lacks the political structure to win any election on his own. He won't even come third in the party primary on his own strength. The same Tinubu they detest so much holds the key to Osinbajo's prospects as president, whether they believe/like it or not. How many people do you see going around campaigning for Osinbajo in spite of his incumbent VP position?

7 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by LegendHero(m): 12:24am On Jan 25, 2021
aribisala0:
Guy I think we better stop now I don't have time for frivolous talk.

Quote me to show where I said I prefer Igbo presidency if not goodbye

Well below is your Quote where you indicate Igbo presidency.

If you check your use of English language, it shows you will prefer Igbo presidency over a Yoruba candidacy.

Your first option is restructuring, then if that couldn’t work, you will prefer an Igbo presidency based on your reply below.

I’m amazed you’re changing stance now!

aribisala0:

Even if I could think of such a person are they in APC or PDP? many of them are compromised

Why not an Igbo president.

See we are deceiving ourselves if we do not recognize and fix the Igbo problem . That does not mean I support Igbo president in 2023 but I do no particularly support a Yoruba president either.

I am a very strong believer in the Western region. Give us a federal system and let us develop at our own pace

We need to restructure in 2023. Yoruba president is not the issue. The ,moment we free ourselves from that illusion we become free and empowered.
The president under the current system has too

much power and then it becomes a lottery played with peoples' future if you end up with an idiot.

Also Tinubu is too old We need a president that can see the future for our young people in a digital world

4 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 12:33am On Jan 25, 2021
LegendHero:

Well below is your Quote where you indicate Igbo presidency.

If you check your use of English language, it shows you will prefer Igbo presidency over a Yoruba candidacy.

Your first option is restructuring, then if that couldn’t work, you will prefer an Igbo presidency based on your reply below.

I’m amazed you’re changing stance now!

It is important for me that people are honest and have integrity

I am sorry you are a liar. A bold faced one at that

You quoted again where I clearly said That does not mean I support Igbo president in 2023 but I do no particularly support a Yoruba president either. and you are accusing me of changing my stance

We are done
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by LegendHero(m): 12:46am On Jan 25, 2021
aribisala0:

It is important for me that people are honest and have integrity

I am sorry you are a liar. A bold faced one at that

You quoted again where I clearly said That does not mean I support Igbo president in 2023 but I do no particularly support a Yoruba president either. and you are accusing me of changing my stance

We are done

Well the quote is left for everyone to see on Nairaland.

Then the people can judge the liar among us.

You said ”Why not an Igbo President and that we are deceiving ourselves if we do not recognize and fix the Igbo problem ” No one mentioned Igbo in any of our discussion before but you just brought it out of thin air.

Then you proceeded with the words below:

That does not mean I support Igbo president in 2023 but I do no particularly support a Yoruba president either.

While the above might look like you don’t necessarily support them, your first statement clearly showed that you prefer them and if the option of restructuring fail and you are left to choose one of Yoruba or Igbo, you will choose them.

That is exactly why I used the word Prefer when I asked you the first question.

LegendHero:

I have a question tho.
If you don’t support an Igbo presidency or Yoruba presidency, then do you support a Hausa/Fulani presidency instead?

If the above is no, them I’m sorry for wasting my time conversing with you.

Have a good night rest bro and have a blessed week.

6 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 1:27am On Jan 25, 2021
LegendHero:

You said ”Why not an Igbo President and that we are deceiving ourselves if we do not recognize and fix the Igbo problem ” No one mentioned Igbo in any of our discussion before but you just brought it out of thin air.

That does not mean I support Igbo president in 2023 but I do no particularly support a Yoruba president either.

While the above might look like you don’t necessarily support them, your first statement clearly showed that you prefer them and if the option of restructuring fail and you are left to choose one of Yoruba or Igbo, you will choose them.

I have a question tho.
If you don’t support an Igbo presidency or Yoruba presidency, then do you support a Hausa/Fulani presidency instead?

Guy i will indulge you one final time.
Google conditional tense and study it . it is a good investment of your time.
I think that if Nigeria does not restructure by 2023. Then we should split up.

THAT is my preference. YOU are the one insisting on the conditional situation of an election and Yoruba President and I said why not Igbo president. Yes Why not? That does not indicate a preference. Why not 50:50 ? Why not Ijaw or Ikwerre or Edo? If Tinubu is the only man from Yoruba land it should be open to the whole south and I would not support him. It is left to the rest of the south to produce a competitive candidate. . This is the conditional tense ,notice the use of the word; WOULD. That does not mean I believe it will happen. It is just like asking the question "Would you marry your mother"? or your grandmother choose one ? This is the conditional tense.

You were mouthing off about English when you don't grasp this most elementary tense.

My preference is a new constitution., restructuring or separation. I am confident we will achieve one.

Your question was a hypothetical one . My preference would be a southern person that is not Tinubu.If is Yoruba I would be proud and I would see that as a means to achieving restructuring
Let me ask those Tinubu worshippers. What has Tinubu done to develop human capital in Lagos educationally or vocationally in the way that Jakande or Awolowo did> He took good care only of those close to him and is just as nepotistic as Buhari
Now 774000 jobs are to be shared Lagos will get 20000 and Kano will get 60 0r 70000. The jobs for Lagos will be allocated by MC Oluomo and Tinubu's daughter. Instead of fighting to get the controversial LCDAs recognized and a better deal for Lagos. Tinubu , his wife and his daughter are not Lagosians so they won't fight for Lagosians.
He has appeared embarrassingly timid in speaking up . Those who call him a national leader have forgotten how Saraki exposed his lack of exposure and made him look foolish in 2015. That grudge paralyzed the government and he has taken his pound of flesh but how does that benefit the people?
Tinubu believes in a rubber stamp assembly. Is that what we want? Is that progressive?
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Akanbiedu(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2021
aribisala0:

Guy i will indulge you one final time.
Google conditional tense and study it . it is a good investment of your time.
I think that if Nigeria does not restructure by 2023. Then we should split up.

THAT is my preference. YOU are the one insisting on the conditional situation of an election and Yoruba President and I said why not Igbo president. Yes Why not? That does not indicate a preference. Why not 50:50 ? Why not Ijaw or Ikwerre or Edo? If Tinubu is the only man from Yoruba land it should be open to the whole south and I would not support him. It is left to the rest of the south to produce a competitive candidate. . This is the conditional tense ,notice the use of the word; WOULD. That does not mean I believe it will happen. It is just like asking the question "Would you marry your mother"? or your grandmother choose one ? This is the conditional tense.

You were mouthing off about English when you don't grasp this most elementary tense.

My preference is a new constitution., restructuring or separation. I am confident we will achieve one.

Your question was a hypothetical one . My preference would be a southern person that is not Tinubu.If is Yoruba I would be proud and I would see that as a means to achieving restructuring
Let me ask those Tinubu worshippers. What has Tinubu done to develop human capital in Lagos educationally or vocationally in the way that Jakande or Awolowo did> He took good care only of those close to him and is just as nepotistic as Buhari
Now 774000 jobs are to be shared Lagos will get 20000 and Kano will get 60 0r 70000. The jobs for Lagos will be allocated by MC Oluomo and Tinubu's daughter. Instead of fighting to get the controversial LCDAs recognized and a better deal for Lagos. Tinubu , his wife and his daughter are not Lagosians so they won't fight for Lagosians.
He has appeared embarrassingly timid in speaking up . Those who call him a national leader have forgotten how Saraki exposed his lack of exposure and made him look foolish in 2015. That grudge paralyzed the government and he has taken his pound of flesh but how does that benefit the people?
Tinubu believes in a rubber stamp assembly. Is that what we want? Is that progressive?

This is the reason you are a leper. You do nothing but have so many things others should do. Alakada. Heck, you don't even know 774000 are shared according to local governments. You don't even know what the man has passed through in trying to create the local governments in the past. I doubt if you know that other state assemblies have to agree to creation of those local governments apart from national assembly.

All you do is talk talk like a typical loudmouthed Yoruba that you are.

Tinubu has no time for all of una ingrates.

4 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Fahdiga(m): 11:24am On Jan 25, 2021
SuperBold:

In Yoruba language IGBO means HARD DRUG and FOREST. Google is there for everyone

ORUKO OMO NIRO OMO.
Shut up your dirty mouth you Mallam from Jigawa
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 25, 2021
Fahdiga:
Shut up your dirty mouth you Mallam from Jigawa

I can smell nsala and ogbono from ur mouth, go and brush ur teeth
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Asiwaju of Lagos
Ha makate?
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2021
The name with good meaning on the lips of every Omoluabi's now is Igboho

Asiwaju can be translated to "Cowardice" in the new and refined Oxford dictionary.

Another benefit of yoruba accommodation.... +1 to us
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
Sigidi ti o ni ki won gbe oun lo we l'odo
o setan a ti kan abukun
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Justiceleague1: 1:50pm On Jan 21, 2022
aribisala0:

This is difficult to Translate but a literal transliteration would be

One who opens (leads) from the front

A leader
The first
One who opens the road etc

It is a common honorary title in Yoruba land. conferred by different obas or kings

Tinubu was given the title by the Oba of Eko( Lagos) and therefore is the Asiwaju of Eko of Lagos Town .

Many people assume he is Asiwaju of Lagos State or even Yoruba land . This is inaccurate

Tinubu no doubt aspires to be Asiwaju of Yoruba land

Recently in a time of crisis , he has gone missing. This would not be the first time.
I should be clear to all right thinking Yoruba just now that he does not Si waju rara ati rara

Ero eyin ni Tinubu. Ojo si ni pelu

He has lost whatever respect he has and should quietly retire and enjoy his bullion

I always sense a long time ago that you know some truth but are too afraid to admit it and I hope "you don't accuse yourself of being an ipob" like you and your fellow afonjas always accuse others like moi of being Igbos for saying things the way they 4kn are... grin
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Justiceleague1: 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2022
SlyDev:

Another benefit of yoruba accommodation.... +1 to us
Lagoon grin
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Justiceleague1: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
LegendHero:

I have a question tho.

He's saying the plain truth now and it taste so bitter to you,not as though you don't know it
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
Justiceleague1:

I always sense a long time ago that you know some truth but are too afraid to admit it and I hope "you don't accuse yourself of being an ipob" like you and your fellow afonjas always accuse others like moi of being Igbos for saying things the way they 4kn are... grin
Shut up
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Justiceleague1: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2022
aribisala0:
Shut up

Sowwie sir
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Justiceleague1: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2022
aribisala0:

This is difficult to Translate but a literal transliteration would be

One who opens (leads) from the front

A leader
The first
One who opens the road etc

It is a common honorary title in Yoruba land. conferred by different obas or kings

Tinubu was given the title by the Oba of Eko( Lagos) and therefore is the Asiwaju of Eko of Lagos Town .

Many people assume he is Asiwaju of Lagos State or even Yoruba land . This is inaccurate

Tinubu no doubt aspires to be Asiwaju of Yoruba land

Recently in a time of crisis , he has gone missing. This would not be the first time.
I should be clear to all right thinking Yoruba just now that he does not Si waju rara ati rara

Ero eyin ni Tinubu. Ojo si ni pelu

He has lost whatever respect he has and should quietly retire and enjoy his bullion
He who has ears,let him here...
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
Justiceleague1:

Sowwie sir
grin grin grin grin
Your problem is you are not caapable of objectivity

Everything in your brain is

AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra AkpuOjukuwBiafraAkpuOjukuwBiafra
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by fregeneh(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2022
Asiwaju mean a front runner!
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by LegendHero(m): 3:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
aribisala0:
Sigidi ti o ni ki won gbe oun lo we l'odo
o setan a ti kan abukun

Gbogbo yin le ma pada wa spearhead ipolongo ibo Asiwaju nigbati Atiku ba gbegba oroke ninu egbe umburella.

Looto ni, Asiwaju of Lagos ni Tinubu, sugbon Nile Yoruba leni, tiwon ba’ ni tani oloselu to ta’yo Julo, Asiwaju yi nani.

So boba wuyin, ke binu Adekunle Jagaban, ko kanwa, Asiwaju ki’n segbe enikankan.

Ekasan bro, Eledua a gbe gbogbo Omo Yoruba lapapo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by seunmsg(m): 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2022
LegendHero:

Gbogbo yin le ma pada wa spearhead ipolongo ibo Asiwaju nigbati Atiku ba gbegba oroke ninu egbe umburella.

Looto ni, Asiwaju of Lagos ni Tinubu, sugbon Nile Yoruba leni, tiwon ba’ ni tani oloselu to ta’yo Julo, Asiwaju yi nani.

So boba wuyin, ke binu Adekunle Jagaban, ko kanwa, Asiwaju ki’n segbe enikankan.

Ta lafenifere, iwo lafenifere
Asiwaju lawa mo, lafenifere.
Jagaban lawa mo, lafenifere.
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by LegendHero(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
seunmsg:

Ta lafenifere, iwo lafenifere
Asiwaju lawa mo, lafenifere.
Jagaban lawa mo, lafenifere.

Gbayi buroda mi, ori yin wa nibe digbidigbi.

Asiwaju lawa mo, oun lafenifere. I still dey jam am in Wasiu voice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by nisai: 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
LegendHero:

grin grin See as my brother da sakasaka for our native language.

Asiwaju ni aayo akoko.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by LegendHero(m): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
nisai:
grin grin See as my brother da sakasaka for our native language.

Asiwaju ni aayo akoko.

Beeni bro, Yooba yen dun pupo lati ma dasha orisirisi.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by aribisala0(m): 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
Yoruba eri bu wo ni n da saka?
Kini itunmo "spearhead" ? se Ijebu ni yen tabi Ekiti?
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by Danjikanbauchi: 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2022
It means stealing with with Bullion Van.
Re: What Does Asiwaju Mean? by LegendHero(m): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
aribisala0:
Yoruba eri bu wo ni n da saka?
Kini itunmo "spearhead" ? se Ijebu ni yen tabi Ekiti?

Ayalo ede ni o.

Gbarukuti abi shagbateru lo ye Kin’so.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Sworn In As Governor Of Rivers State / I Founded APC, Have Sacked Oshiomhole For Anti-party Activities - Okorocha / The 8 Key Achievements Of President Buhari At 100 Days In Office - By Nnawetanma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.