Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams (38447 Views)

Modou Adams Caught Trying To Smuggle £300,000 Worth Of Cocaine / Sarkin Fulani Arrested In Ekiti As Police Unmask Notorious Kidnapper / Deborah Samuel: Killers Must Face Justice - Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by irririchris(m): 11:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
Says ACF, Miyetti Allah are jokers By Dapo Akinrefon Speaking against the backdrop of the threats by the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, and the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Adams, on Sunday, said his silence over the situation in the South-West doesn’t portray him as a coward, saying his bound by to act accordingly when the time is right. He also described the ACF and MACBAN as jokers.

Adams, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Aderemi, expressed concern about the security situation in the region, stating that threats of attack on the South-West can fuel further crisis in Ibarapa, Oyo and Ondo and will certainly affect the entire nation.

The Yoruba leader, however, stated that the situation in the two states truly justified the huge security challenges perpetrated by herders, that had on several occasions kidnapped and killed many Yoruba in their various communities, adding that Yoruba are too well aware of the looming crisis in the country. He maintained that he would not be stampeded into falling into a pre-arranged trap by the political elites. The statement read: “The apex organisation in the North and the herders Association should watch their statements or face the wrath of the Yoruba nation. “By their inciting statements, the North is beating war drums. But we will resist any attempt by the North to turn our region to war zones and no amount of threat will stop us from securing our region from killer-herdsmen. “From my findings, with what is playing out in the last three days, (especially in the social media) it is evident that there are some enemies and political elements, both within and outside our region,

using the bravery of Sunday Igboho as a coordinated attempt to soil my name, and also put my efforts in the past 28 years in the struggle to test. “My silence in the last three days doesn’t portray me as a coward, but by virtue of my position as the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, I am bounded by my conscience and conviction to act accordingly when the time is right. “And I must also consult widely before taking any action.

“What Igboho said was not even as damaging to the sanctity of the nation than the call for civil war by the ACF and the Miyetti Allah put together. “The killer-herdsmen are the major problem, but sadly the Federal Government remains silent. “There are reports that the Fulani herdsmen have, in the past five years, killed over 300 Yoruba people from different communities, while several other people have been kidnapped with abductors paying several billions as ransom.” Adams, however, warned the North to stay away from any attempt to cause mayhem in the South-West, hence, the situation could degenerate into further chaos that might affect the entire nation. “The Fulani, in their conqueror agenda since 1818, have caused a lot of damages to the South-West. “And it is clear that the South is their target, which is why anybody going against the Fulani herdsmen automatically becomes their enemy,” Gani Adams added.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/attack-on-sarkin-fulani-my-silence-not-cowardice-gani-adams/

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by laiperi: 12:02am On Jan 25, 2021
Just woke up.

Tinubu still sleeping.

195 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by BabbanBura(m): 12:05am On Jan 25, 2021
irririchris:
*Says ACF, Miyetti Allah are jokers By Dapo Akinrefon Speaking against the backdrop of the threats by the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, and the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Adams, on Sunday, said his silence over the situation in the South-West doesn’t portray him as a coward, saying his bound by to act accordingly when the time is right. He also described the ACF and MACBAN as jokers.

Adams, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Aderemi, expressed concern about the security situation in the region, stating that threats of attack on the South-West can fuel further crisis in Ibarapa, Oyo and Ondo and will certainly affect the entire nation.

The Yoruba leader, however, stated that the situation in the two states truly justified the huge security challenges perpetrated by herders, that had on several occasions kidnapped and killed many Yoruba in their various communities, adding that Yoruba are too well aware of the looming crisis in the country. He maintained that he would not be stampeded into falling into a pre-arranged trap by the political elites. The statement read: “The apex organisation in the North and the herders Association should watch their statements or face the wrath of the Yoruba nation. “By their inciting statements, the North is beating war drums. But we will resist any attempt by the North to turn our region to war zones and no amount of threat will stop us from securing our region from killer-herdsmen. “From my findings, with what is playing out in the last three days, (especially in the social media) it is evident that there are some enemies and political elements, both within and outside our region,

using the bravery of Sunday Igboho as a coordinated attempt to soil my name, and also put my efforts in the past 28 years in the struggle to test. “My silence in the last three days doesn’t portray me as a coward, but by virtue of my position as the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, I am bounded by my conscience and conviction to act accordingly when the time is right. “And I must also consult widely before taking any action.

“What Igboho said was not even as damaging to the sanctity of the nation than the call for civil war by the ACF and the Miyetti Allah put together. “The killer-herdsmen are the major problem, but sadly the Federal Government remains silent. “There are reports that the Fulani herdsmen have, in the past five years, killed over 300 Yoruba people from different communities, while several other people have been kidnapped with abductors paying several billions as ransom.” Adams, however, warned the North to stay away from any attempt to cause mayhem in the South-West, hence, the situation could degenerate into further chaos that might affect the entire nation. “The Fulani, in their conqueror agenda since 1818, have caused a lot of damages to the South-West. “And it is clear that the South is their target, which is why anybody going against the Fulani herdsmen automatically becomes their enemy,” Gani Adams added.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/attack-on-sarkin-fulani-my-silence-not-cowardice-gani-adams/

Smart talk, it shall be well

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by illicit(m): 12:07am On Jan 25, 2021
I dey with u....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Asgard13: 12:07am On Jan 25, 2021
Wise Man..

Your days will be long.. no mind them.

The wn make you follow lout Dey display.. you geh sense jare

Fulani herdsmen are Evil in human form.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by darocha1: 12:34am On Jan 25, 2021
I am with kankanfo on this.

South West leaders need to be careful in handling the issues on ground. If it degenerate into a war, even if yoruba overpower the fulani, we will still be the looses.
The hazard created in Lagos during #EndSars will be a child's play when projected with likely end game .

A little hot... A little cold is (majamasa) where you know akinkanju.

Our silly politicians need to put party and future aspirations aside and condemn this act with one roaring voice.

It is only an existing state you can rule. I hope our obas & those in seat of power know this

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Otunbaigwe(m): 12:37am On Jan 25, 2021
This should be a clarion call to both parties. But mind you, enough is enough. We shall not fold our hands and watch some unscrupulous elements try to destabilise our region all in the name that they can't trace their ancestral roots thereby causing mayhem in our region. Please, gather all the leaders of the South west for a round table meeting. It shouldn't be politically inclined. This issue is above politics. Let's protect our region first before discussing about 2023 agenda.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by warreng1: 12:47am On Jan 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by missiret(f): 1:49am On Jan 25, 2021
Good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by samuelson06(m): 2:06am On Jan 25, 2021
Everyone should rise up and speak against the evil of fulani herdsmen now. If there have ever been a time we need well meaning Nigerians, especially of the South West extraction to speak up, it is now. We need to rebuke this evil that the fulani herdsmen have taken too far. Without any corresponding brutal reaction, regardless of the FG's noise, the North in general would never stop trampling on us the way they feel.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by tgirlblaze(f): 2:55am On Jan 25, 2021
,God take country of nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by anonymuz(m): 3:22am On Jan 25, 2021
Fulanis are the real evil.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Disclaimer12: 4:09am On Jan 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by dederocs(m): 5:29am On Jan 25, 2021
Madness can only be corrected by higher madness.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Bola146(f): 5:33am On Jan 25, 2021
You are just figure head mumu smiley sad I don't know why they gave you that post embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Neddstark: 6:08am On Jan 25, 2021
Gani Adams should STFU. When I saw this clown campaigning for Jonathan in 2015, then I knew that greed has gotten into him. He has not advocated for any Yoruba cause since he became who the head of the illiterate wing of OPC. Despite the Fulani abuse in the Southwest, he has not for one day taken his men into the forests to stop this menace. Sunday Igboho is at the moment the bravest thing to come out of Yoruba land and he will get all the support he deserves.

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by SatanBoss: 7:01am On Jan 25, 2021
all this is fulani rubbish is distraction to loot.
stop throwing yahoo format on us abeg.
Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Diggydesign: 7:01am On Jan 25, 2021
cheesy
Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by landmark86: 7:02am On Jan 25, 2021
Bubu will not say anything until things get out of hand.
This country lacks leadership from inception.
How can u make prof. Osinbajo the wise one the vice and bubu the president?
Abeg who suggest this?
Buhari do not deserve to be a counsellor talkless of local govt chairman.
I pray the foolish of this man called bubu does not throw this country into war before 2023.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Rollins777(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2021
Action should be taken once and for all because the fulani thinks they own Nigeria, all southern leaders should stand up now, earlier the better.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by afroniger: 7:02am On Jan 25, 2021
Gani Adams has grown mature with age, unlike in his youthful and destructive OPC days. All those on all sides beating the drums of War with inciting rhetoric should calm down.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by solmusdesigns: 7:02am On Jan 25, 2021
cool

Gani Adams activism and OPC days are over

He is now a big man, dines with big people, he can't get involved

But all his past efforts would still be appreciated by Yorubas in Yoruba land

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Racoon(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2021
Meanwhile, the man from Irajigbi is still sleeping in his cowardice.

10 Likes

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Gkay1(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2021
this man don't deserve the position given to him, political appointment.

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Elzakzaky: 7:02am On Jan 25, 2021
It is better late than never. He should support Igboho

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by primestreams: 7:03am On Jan 25, 2021
Xd
Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by pickatyouu: 7:03am On Jan 25, 2021
Yoruba leaders don dey wake up, but this miyetti their own is now becoming too much.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by Grace001: 7:03am On Jan 25, 2021
Mmmm
Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by bibiking7(m): 7:04am On Jan 25, 2021

Some Nigerians in SA run prostitution rings, they kill and rob, sell drugs. Some Frats in Nigeria even have branches in south Africa. The actions of these guys and some other bad eggs from some other countries lead to South Africans wanting to kick out all other Africans including students and those running legit businesses.
Most of us kicked against this act and some folks even attacked presumed South African businesses in Nigeria.

To me, this seems similar to what Sunday is doing. I prefer what Akeredolu is doing. We all complain when other countries treat out citizens bad but sometimes we treat ourselves worse. I blame the government though. If they had curbed the herdsman menace, the shituation
would not have degenerated to this.

My own opinion.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by superior1: 7:05am On Jan 25, 2021
Gani you better leave politics money and soro soke nisinyi, before you lose all relevance. Time to make the fulani people conform into 21st century way of living

4 Likes

Re: Attack On Sarkin Fulani: My Silence Not Cowardice — Gani Adams by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:05am On Jan 25, 2021
[sup][/sup]
laiperi:
Just woke up.

Tinubu still sleeping.

A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique used for political purpose or, more formally, "a gross distortion or misrepresentation of the facts, especially when used as a propaganda device by a politician or official body".[1] The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously". Hitler believed the technique was used by Jews to blame Germany's loss in World War I on German general Erich Ludendorff, who was a prominent nationalist and antisemitic political leader in the Weimar Republic. The claim that Germany was not beaten in 1918 was itself called a big lie.[2]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Landlord & Tenant Arrested For Turning 13-Year-Old Housemaid Into Sex Slave / Man Injures Wife With Cutlass; Threatens To Kill Her, The Children (Graphic) / Pregnant Woman Pours Hot Water On Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.