Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place (1025 Views)

The Light In Genesis 1-3 Has Been Uncovered Here / There Is Someone In The Bible Who Was So Dark He Was Called Nigger / Thank God For A Bright New Day.how Was Your Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by yommyuk: 5:20am On Apr 04, 2011
Matthew 5:14

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick and it giveth light to all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

THE WORLD IS A DARK PLACE

The world is dark and getting darker all the time. Sin is so open in the world today sometimes it makes one feel if there is any hope for mankind. The world order has given people the constitutional right and so much liberty to blaspheme the name of God and to live in licentiousness and lewdness as we have everywhere today. Darkness is covering the world. In many places morals are a thing of the past. Men's consciences have been seared. The same kind of abominations committed by the nations of old which made the Lord swipe them from the face of earth is now at its peak. It makes one fear that the swift justice of the Lord is around the corner.

THE GOOD NEWS

The idea that the world is getting darker is not good news. That is why we are here to preach the Good News. How do we preach and proclaim the Good News? By becoming brighter and lighter. The key strategy for a believer is that the darker it gets , the brighter we should be, because the darker it gets, the better the flashlight becomes. The darker it gets in the world, the brighter it's going to be upon the children of God.  Could I have an Amen and Hallelujah to that.?

YOU ARE THE LIGHT

We are the witness of Christ. We are to let our light shine. Wherever you are if you belong to Jesus, YOU are the light of the world. Don't try to keep the world from knowing that you belong to Jesus.  Shine for Jesus. Let the world know there's hope. The world has NO light but YOUR light. The world has no hope for it's darkness except through Christians.

DON’T BE ASHAMED OF JESUS

Don't be ashamed of your witness. Don't be ashamed to talk about Jesus.  You see when we come into a room there ought to be spiritual light. There ought to be some revelation about God in your live.

YOUR MAIN PURPOSE

Your main purpose in life is not to make money. Your main purpose in life is not to climb the ladder of success.  Your main purpose for being on the earth is to be a light for Jesus.

SOON THIS LIFE WILL BE OVER

There is only one life, it will soon be passed. Only what's done for Christ will last. Therefore let us look forward to the day when there will be no more sighing, no more crying, and no more dying. I’m looking forward to the day when we will all stand before Jesus and he says "Well done thou good and faithful servant!" That should be our aim.

Acts 1:8 says "You shall receive power after the Holy Ghost is come upon you and you shall be witnesses unto ME." You are to shine for Jesus all the time. Not just when the church has a visitation program. Not just when you feel like it. You are to shine for Jesus all the time.  You ARE a witness!

GLORIFY THE FATHER

Some glory the wrong things. They glorify their denomination. They glorify their choir. They glorify their preacher. They glorify their church.  But Jesus has anointed us to SHINE FOR HIM! Jesus is the only answer to the world’s needs. Why should we shine for anyone or anything else?  Hmmm, I don’t get it.

God’s Amazing Grace for those that don’t know him

Think of how amazed the drug addict will be when he finds out that he doesn’t have to depend on drugs anymore. Think of how amazed the alcoholic will be when he finds out that he doesn’t have to live his life out of a bottle anymore. Think about how amazed the distressed, depressed, and oppressed will be when they find out that they don't have to live that way anymore. They will be amazed at God’s amazing grace displayed in the form of His Son Jesus Christ.

God’s Amazing Grace for those that know him

Notice what John the Baptist said about Jesus in John 1:27.  He said, "I am not even worthy to take off His sandals."  I'm telling you, if you really knew Jesus in all of His majesty and glory, you'd be amazed. You would know that you're not worthy to even take off His shoes. Yet, He so loved you that He gave His life. He said no man takes My life from Me. He said, "I lay it down of Myself. And I have power to take it up." We're not worthy to take His shoes off, but He loves us.  We’re not worthy to take His shoes off, but He walks after us and calls us to be His own. I’m here to tell you that Jesus loves you, even though you’re not worthy to take the sandals off of His feet.

Lesser us, Greater Christ

King Saul became big in his own eyes. Woe be to that person who gets so big in his own eyes. When Saul fell, he had great opportunity to do something for God. But, he fell and disobeyed God. Samuel said, Saul, when you were little in your own eyes God made you king over Israel. Now, he's a big wheel. Some Christians start in humility, but lose it when their ministry get bigger. It is Christ in you that got bigger, not U. If we get to be untouchable and we get to be a big wheel, we better watch out. The Bible tells us that one of the biggest mistakes the children of Israel ever made was to put a couple of big wheels on a board in an attempt to get the anointing back. They tried to bring the Ark of the Covenant back with man's program (a cart with two big wheels) rather than God's program (on the shoulders of the Levites), it cost them. We better keep this attitude; I'm not worthy to take the sandals off of my Saviour’s feet. Don't think that you're too good to go into the darkness and take a witness to a dying world. You're trying to shine your light in daylight here inside these church walls. Your light will be so much brighter when you take your witness into a dark place and touch someone who is hurting. 

I read about a testimony of a sister on NL who said she ministers to prostitutes. God bless you. What a heart!

Some questions for yah.

What do you say about Jesus when you go to work?
What do you say about Jesus when you go to your neighbourhood?
What do you say about Jesus when you go home?
What do you say about Jesus everywhere you go?

CONCLUSION

Eph 5:8
For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! For this light WITHIN YOU produces what is good and right and true.

Believers! Let us imitate Christ in everything we do, because we are his dear children. Let’s live his life which is full of love. Christ loves us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing AROMA to God.

Lets us be that aroma to the world. Shine your light.

God bless wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by nlPoster: 5:12am On Sep 17, 2019
Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by bingbagbo(m): 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
Best piece I have perused today

Jesus bless u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by budaatum: 12:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
Let us now go and do likewise.
Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by budaatum: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
I guess that didn't last long then!

bingbagbo:

You will die in your sins if you don't believe I am he
Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by bingbagbo(m): 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
budaatum:
I guess that didn't last long then!

You will die in your wins
Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by budaatum: 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
yommyuk:

Some questions for yah.

What do you say about Jesus when you go to work?
What do you say about Jesus when you go to your neighbourhood?
What do you say about Jesus when you go home?
What do you say about Jesus everywhere you go?

bingbagbo:

You will die in your wins
Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by bingbagbo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
budaatum:

Follower of Muhammad, go talk about your Muhammad and peruse your Quran that plagiarised the bible

Antichrist
Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by budaatum: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2019
bingbagbo:

Follower of Muhammad, go talk about your Muhammad and peruse your Quran that plagiarised the bible

Antichrist

Re: Be A Bright Light In A Dark Place by budaatum: 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
yommyuk:

Lets us be that aroma to the world. Shine your light.

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

Morality Is Relative. Do You Agree? / Remain Joyful / Are Nigerian Christians Intimidated By Muslim "hijab"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.