Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Police Officer's Experience With An Open Door Moving Bus - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Police Officer's Experience With An Open Door Moving Bus (195 Views)

Nigerian Police Officer In Intense Standoff With A Mad Man (video) / Conductor Used As BONNET HOLDER On A Moving Bus In Lagos State. VIDEO / A Moving Bus Goes Up In Flames In Jos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Officer's Experience With An Open Door Moving Bus by nyiamfrank: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2021
Please advice me like someone who have a conscience.

I was on stop and search alone a highway when when I stopped a bus carrying full passengers who appeared to be going to a market. The bus was driving without a door!

The road traffic act says, the doors of every moving vehicle should be closed is what I explained to the driver and I threatened to impound his vehicle until he buys a new door and fix his vehicle so he doesn't endanger the life of his passengers.

The market women abused me and called me names, saying because the driver didn't not give me bribe, that is why I want to stop them from going to their business.

That made me to allow the driver to go so I can prove to them that I don't collect bribe.

100 metres from my check point, the driver waved the vehicle in a bid not to hit a motorcycle and two of the passengers were on the ground.

Some passengers rushed back to the point and gave us the information and I went there and see them badly injured.

I professionally did the rescue operation but can I now impound the bus and charge the driver? Would the victims now agree to be my witnesses?
Re: Police Officer's Experience With An Open Door Moving Bus by SavageMaster: 9:58am On Jan 25, 2021
How I wish it was the woman who abused you that fell off the vehicle. She would have learnt a lesson or two, and everybody will move on.

Let me wait for others to advise you. But then, do you think the witnesses will be willing to follow you to the court to testify?
Re: Police Officer's Experience With An Open Door Moving Bus by felong(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2021
Impound a vehicle of someone hussling for his daily bread. Are you that heartless? If you impound it, isn't it bail money you'll still collect before you release back to the owner. Meaning after the bail money has been paid the door still won't be fixed. The Nigerian system is bad, allow the man continue his Hussle. Don't push him into crime by confiscating his only source of livelyhood

1 Like

Re: Police Officer's Experience With An Open Door Moving Bus by Franklyspeakin: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2021
Lol you see as karma take catch them sharp sharp. Next time the would drop the bias and see the sense in what an officer says. You where even more concerned about their well fare than they were
Re: Police Officer's Experience With An Open Door Moving Bus by nyiamfrank: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2021
felong:
Impound a vehicle of someone hussling for his daily bread. Are you that heartless? If you impound it, isn't it bail money you'll still collect before you release back to the owner. Meaning after the bail money has been paid the door still won't be fixed. The Nigerian system is bad, allow the man continue his Hussle. Don't push him into crime by confiscating his only source of livelyhood
Did you read to the end, sir?
Re: Police Officer's Experience With An Open Door Moving Bus by SavageMaster: 11:09am On Jan 25, 2021
felong:

Even with the accident that occurred, that driver will not fix his door. It will only take harassment from the victims of his reckless act or from law enforcement agents like Op for him to do the right thing.

By the way, I must commend the Op for being professional in his dealings with the bus driver and passengers. It's encouraging to know that there are still sane officers in the Nigerian Police.

Kudos Sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Postal Code List For All 36 States : Full List / Electronics Tuesday. / Sponsor A Rice Farmer In Omor, Anambra State For N80k. Earn 30% ROI In 4 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.