Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach (671 Views)

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Roma Coach / Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Unai Emery Sacked As Arsenal Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by StepTwo: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
Official. Frank Lampard has been sacked, as Chelsea announced. � #CFC

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1353665656235958272?s=2

OFFICIAL: Chelsea have confirmed the club have parted company with Head Coach Frank Lampard.

https://twitter.com/squawkanews/status/1353666330537422849?s=21

CHELSEA LOSE PATIENCE WITH THE LAMPARD PROJECT
It was supposed to be different this time.

When Chelsea appointed Frank Lampard in the summer of 2019, the indication was they had moved to break their ruthless hire and fire cycle.

Chelsea legend Lampard seemed a fitting figurehead for the project. While he was still green in terms of his own managerial career, he had that intangible quality of knowing the club and knew what these young players would have to go through to become winners at the highest level.

Considering it was nine years into his own playing career before he lifted a trophy, he knew the importance of time and patience, too.

It was an intriguing journey Lampard and his players were embarking on. An experiment to see whether things could be done differently in west London.

But Chelsea have pulled the plug on the process and Lampard has been sacked 18 months after his appointment.

CHELSEA PERFORMANCES NOT GOOD ENOUGH'

Chelsea's dip in form and a lack of consistency from some of the club's high-profile signings proved costly to Frank Lampard, says Sue Smith.

ABRAMOVICH: LAMPARD'S ICON STATUS REMAINS UNDIMINISHED

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has thanked Lampard for his services and insists his status at the club "remains undiminished".

He said in a statement: “This was a very difficult decision for the Club, not least because I have an excellent personal relationship with Frank and I have the utmost respect for him’.

“He is a man of great integrity and has the highest of work ethics. However, under current circumstances we believe it is best to change managers.

“On behalf of everyone at the Club, the Board and personally, I would like to thank Frank for his work as Head Coach and wish him every success in the future.

“He is an important icon of this great club and his status here remains undiminished. He will always be warmly welcomed back at Stamford Bridge.”

CHELSEA: LAMPARD DECISION NOT TAKEN LIGHTLY

In a statement, confirming Lampard's sacking, Chelsea said: “This has been a very difficult decision, and not one that the owner and the Board have taken lightly.

“We are grateful to Frank for what he has achieved in his time as Head Coach of the Club. However, recent results and performances have not met the Club’s expectations, leaving the Club mid-table without any clear path to sustained improvement.

“There can never be a good time to part ways with a club legend such as Frank, but after lengthy deliberation and consideration it was decided a change is needed now to give the Club time to improve performances and results this season.”
https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11668/12193311/frank-lampard-set-to-be-sacked-by-chelsea-live-updates-and-reaction

Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Hardgun: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
Great news if it's real

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Fahdiga(m): 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
Our doors will forever be open to you Lamps. your legendary status is still intact. good luck in your next move. thank you
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Arsenate(m): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Should have beaten Luton 4-1.
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by andycoal40(m): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hardgun:
Great news if it's real

Very real
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by LoydJ(m): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Lampard only lacked the ability of selecting Player's.

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Shellsploit: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Make i quickly go drop my CV.
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Nisot7: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
I think Lampard is very bad in man-management (especially star players)
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by SpatialKing(m): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Oh God
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by fuckdemrepented: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Finally

After wasting 200million plus on Kai kai and Timo misser grin
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by mcbau2020: 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
Like seriously
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by mayormick(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
Well we move, have always maintained that Chelsea will not spend that much in the summer and not expect result. The club deliberately signed those number of players knowing fully well that any coach that replaces lampard will not have excuse cause they already have technically gifted players.

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by DontBullshitMe: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2021
He will do well to manage a championship team and slowly climb the ladder.
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Anfield247(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2021
Children department coach!
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Daytonbale: 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
lampard my lampard but you fuckup big time
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Japhtee(m): 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
He was a good coach
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by natoemojay(m): 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2021
I'm surprised it took this long

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by Michoco(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2021
natoemojay:
I'm surprised it took this long
exactly! he's not tactically creative, doesn't talk, always cold infact I just tire for em matter. People kept on saying give him time, give him time,.that he's still finding balance.. balance kii him dere, na until I enter 18 for table before em go find balance,, great move from abrahimovich jhoor!
Re: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Coach by mojoyin73585: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2021
He was a good coach

(1) (Reply)

AFCON Qualifiers: Squirrels Of Benin Republic Vibe To "Kabiyesi" Music Today / Olympics: Our Current Sports Minister Is Worse Than The Former / Here Is The Current Top16 Premier League Scorers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.