Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? (15996 Views)

Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With / Gen Buhari Interview With BBC / General Muhammadu Buhari's Interview With Bbc Hardtalk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by johnie: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2011
Do you agree with this analysis of the distribution of Nigeria in terms of population, health and wealth?

Ethicity
Nigeria's 160 million people are divided between numerous ethno-linguistic groups and also along religious lines. Broadly, the Hausa-Fulani people based in the north are mostly Muslims. The Yorubas of the south-west are divided between Muslims and Christians, while the Igbos of the south-east and neghbouring groups are mostly Christian or animist. The Middle Belt is home to hundreds of groups with different beliefs, and around Jos there are frequent clashes between Hausa-speaking Muslims and Christian members of the Berom community.

Health
Southern residents tend to have better access to healthcare, as reflected by the greater uptake of vaccines for polio, tuberculosis, tetanus and diphtheria. Some northern groups have in the past boycotted immunisation programmes, saying they are a Western plot to make Muslim women infertile. This led to a recurrence of polio, but the vaccinations have now resumed.

Literacy
Female literacy is seen as the key to raising living standards for the next generation. For example, a newborn child is far likelier to survive if its mother is well-educated. In Nigeria we see a stark contrast between the mainly Muslim north and the Christian and animist south. In some northern states less than 5% of women can read and write, whereas in some Igbo areas more than 90% are literate.

Wealth
Despite its vast resources, Nigeria ranks among the most unequal countries in the world, according to the UN. The poverty of the north is in stark contrast to the more developed south. The oil-rich south-eastern states complain that all the income flows up the pipeline to the capital Abuja and to Lagos, Nigeria's wealthiest state. But residents of Akwa Ibom and Delta states are still typically better-off than those living in the north.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12953393

Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 04, 2011
I agree.high level of poverty and illiteracy in d north are ploy by northen leaders to oppress and manipulate d masses for their political advantage.religion is another factor.muslims are poorest people in d world,forget oil-rich arab nation.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by ektbear: 9:15am On Apr 04, 2011
Comments:
1) Likely under 8 million Ijaw in Nigeria. 5% is a better estimate than 10%.
2) #s for the three major ethnic groups, dunno. But populationwise, proly Igbo (#1), Yoruba (#2), Hausa-Fulani (#3).
3) I'm a bit surprised that they were too lazy to get updated GDP figures for states. . . using that same 2007 Canback database that they just grabbed from Wikipedia  grin grin grin I wish they'd been less cheap and purchased updated figures. I'd really like to know how the states stack up GDP-wise.
4) Igboland literacy rates for women, phenomenal.

Overall though, seems like a fairly decent summary of naija, I think.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by johnie: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2011
Politics
The People's Democratic Party (PDP) has won all elections since the end of military rule in 1999. It won two-thirds of Nigeria's 36 states last time. But having a southerner - President Goodluck Jonathan - as its candidate in the presidential elections may lose it some votes in the north.

Oil
Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil producer and among the biggest in the world but most of its people subsist on less than $2 a day. The oil is produced in the south-east and some militant groups there want to keep a greater share of the wealth which comes from under their feet. Attacks by militants on oil installations led to a sharp fall in Nigeria's output during the last decade. But in 2010, a government amnesty led thousands of fighters to lay down their weapons.

Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Akanbiedu(m): 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Comments:
2) #s for the three major ethnic groups, dunno. But populationwise, [b]proly Igbo (#1), Yoruba (#2), Hausa-Fulani (#3).[/b]3) I'm a bit surprised that they were too lazy to get updated GDP figures for states. . . using that same 2007 Canback database that they just grabbed from Wikipedia grin grin grin I wish they'd been less cheap and purchased updated figures. I'd really like to know how the states stack up GDP-wise.

Thats so wrong!

Don't fall for internet noise
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by fstranger5: 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Comments:
2) #s for the three major ethnic groups, dunno. But populationwise, proly Igbo (#1), Yoruba (#2), Hausa-Fulani (#3).
3) I'm a bit surprised that they were too lazy to get updated GDP figures for states. . . using that same 2007 Canback database that they just grabbed from Wikipedia  grin grin grin I wish they'd been less cheap and purchased updated figures. I'd really like to know how the states stack up GDP-wise.

You are absolutely wrong here.

I am not sure you know what you are talking about here. You are wrong!

I am shocked! shocked
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/417267_nigeria_health_624_gifa6cb5d15d23a486ef9932932676433a9

I'd agree with this above anything.

Even in my village (I*******-Ekiti), when I was a baby, I used to go to the hospital for my vaccines. . . .our babies are very healthy above anything else  tongue
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Beaf: 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
I would have thought Delta state would be second only to Lagos as far as wealth is concerned. Very sad to see Rivers topping us. embarassed
We need to put hands on deck. Matters should change in the next few years though, I trust my Delta peeps.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/417268_nigeria_wealth_624_gifca16c9b30a49887efef111268f0c1a1a
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by kodewrita(m): 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Beaf makes sense considering Rivers just got some oil wells back from Ak/Ibom
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by johnie: 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
I expect to see the colours on this map more evenly spread with less of the green (PDP) after these elections.

I hope that happens because it would be good for us.

The influence of PDP needs to be curtailed but I would not like to see the colours (parties) concentrating along ethnic lines.

That would be disastrous!

Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by ektbear: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Beaf: Rivers produces a lot more oil and is much better managed than Delta. You won't progress with guys like Ibori having $3 billion in his account.

@Yoruba folk: That is my own personal guess! No internet noise. It just makes sense.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by SuperPap: 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
Now you see that the north is more impoverished, and less advanced than the south. Yet some scream that the north is trying to hoard ND resources.
Following years of northern rule, southern Nigeria is more developed! How then has the north been stealing resources to build their own?
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
lol@ 10% Ijaw.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Beaf: 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
kodewrita:

@Beaf makes sense considering Rivers just got some oil wells back from Ak/Ibom

ekt_bear:

@Beaf: Rivers produces a lot more oil and is much better managed than Delta. You won't progress with guys like Ibori having $3 billion in his account.

@Yoruba folk: That is my own personal guess! No internet noise. It just makes sense.

Guys, you are getting it wrong. The BBC has used GDP Purchasing power parity (PPP) which is about how much money is in the individual citizens pocket; it isn't about oil wells, but is a measure of the general economic wellbeing of each inividual. If not so, Bayelsa would be at the top of the scale by a long margin, since they produce more oil per capita than any other state.

For the same reasons mentioned above, Ibori's theft is inconsequencial.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Beaf: 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
SuperPap:

Now you see that the north is more impoverished, and less advanced than the south. Yet some scream that the north is trying to hoard ND resources.
Following years of northern rule, southern Nigeria is more developed! How then has the north been stealing resources to build their own?

It is Northern individuals, not the North in general. Unfortunately, those people have been far more wicked to their homelands, blinding the population with religion and illiteracy.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by ektbear: 11:26pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Beaf:

1) That chart isn't GDP/capita. Just GDP.
2) In any case, oil isn't the sole determinant of GDP. The economies of Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and several other states are not oil-based. Oil represents a small fraction of the overall GDP for those states. Things like real estate, agriculture, light manufacturing, etc probably make up the lion's share of the economy.
3)
Beaf:

Ibori stealing $3 billion+ has had an "inconsequential" impact on Delta State? That is roughly at least year's worth of government revenue for Delta. You don't think someone stealing an entire year's worth of state funds has a SUBSTANTIAL negative impact?  lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Beaf: 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Beaf:

1) That chart isn't GDP/capita. Just GDP.
2) In any case, oil isn't the sole determinant of GDP. The economies of Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and several other states are not oil-based. Oil represents a small fraction of the overall GDP for those states. Things like real estate, agriculture, light manufacturing, etc probably make up the lion's share of the economy.
3) Ibori stealing $3 billion+ has had an "inconsequential" impact on Delta State? That is roughly at least year's worth of government revenue for Delta. You don't think someone stealing an entire year's worth of state funds has a SUBSTANTIAL negative impact?  lipsrsealed

The chart clearly says GDP PPP. So all of your arguments are wrong, it isn't about oil or govt stipends, but how well off the average individual you meet on the street is.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by ektbear: 11:37pm On Apr 04, 2011
Yes, the chart is discussing total GDP (the distinction between nominal versus ppp isn't going to be a big deal), not per capita GDP. Thus, it says nothing about how each individual is doing.

Beaf:

Guys, you are getting it wrong. The BBC has used GDP Purchasing power parity (PPP) which is about how much money is in the individual citizens pocket; it isn't about oil wells, but is a measure of the general economic wellbeing of each inividual.
GDP (whether PPP or nomial) doesn't measure this on an individual level. Per capita does. This is why I am saying you are wrong. GDP (whether nominal or PPP) doesn't say anything about how your typical individual is doing.

Two countries might have a GDP of $100 billion. In which one is the typical person doing better? If country A has a population of 100,000 and country B a population of 1 billion, then it is clear that country A is doing better than country B on an individual level.

I am all ears. Please explain very carefully to me how the $3 billion+ Ibori stole from your state (Delta) is inconsequential.

Beaf:

The chart clearly says GDP PPP. So all of your arguments are wrong, it isn't about oil or govt stipends, but how well off the average individual you meet on the street is.
That is NOT the point of the PPP adjustment. It measures the fact that buying (for example) groundnut in Nigeria is cheaper than it is in London. It basically adjusts for the consumer price index across nations. I don't think this Canback group (that the BBC sourced the data for) made further adjustments for PPP for each state. . . it only adjusts for Nigeria relative to the rest of the world. Not each of Ekiti State, Kaduna, etc.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by odumchi: 11:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
You might be correct here. Let's use some common sense, the north is mostly desert and a dry savannah, how can such a barren region have a greater population than the fertile, arable south? And the true Hausa Fulani population in Nigeria is probably less than 20million. The rest are most likely conquered peoples who maintain their distinct culture but still speak the Hausa Language.

The actual true Hausa Population is around 15million with 5million Fulanis. Remember the Fulani and Hausa are different peoples who were united in 1804 by Usman Dan Fodio. So the actual population Numbers would really be (1) Yoruba 35million +-  (2) Igbo 35 million +-  (3) Hausa 23 million  (4) Ijaw 7 million (5) Fulani 3 million (6) Other 45 million

ekt_bear:

Comments:

Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Beaf: 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Yes, the chart is discussing total GDP (the distinction between nominal versus ppp isn't going to be a big deal), not per capita GDP. Thus, it says nothing about how each individual is doing.
GDP (whether PPP or nomial) doesn't measure this on an individual level. Per capita does. This is why I am saying you are wrong. GDP (whether nominal or PPP) doesn't say anything about how your typical individual is doing.

Two countries might have a GDP of $100 billion. In which one is the typical person doing better? If country A has a population of 100,000 and country B a population of 1 billion, then it is clear that country A is doing better than country B on an individual level.

I am all ears. Please explain very carefully to me how the $3 billion+ Ibori stole from your state (Delta) is inconsequential.

That is NOT the point of the PPP adjustment. It measures the fact that buying (for example) groundnut in Nigeria is cheaper than it is in London. It basically adjusts for the consumer price index across nations. I don't think this Canback group (that the BBC sourced the data for) made further adjustments for PPP for each state. . . it only adjusts for Nigeria relative to the rest of the world. Not each of Ekiti State, Kaduna, etc.

GDP PPP is GDP adjusted for price parity, and price parity is a direct measure of relative economic wellbeing. It has nothing to do with oil money (which just 1% of the population has access to) or govt stipends (which Ibori stole).
In every sense, it is a measure of both development and economic activity (eg backed by the fact that Delta state has the highest HDI in Nigeria). Govt stipends do not contribute much to overall economic activity in any state.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by ektbear: 12:09am On Apr 05, 2011
Beaf:

GDP PPP is GDP adjusted for price parity
Yes.

and price parity is a direct measure of relative economic wellbeing.
No. I already explained what price parity means in this context. Read the Wikipedia article if you didn't get it.

It has nothing to do with oil money (which just 1% of the population has access to)
Wrong.

or govt stipends (which Ibori stole).
Wrong.

In every sense, it is a measure of both development and economic activity
Wrong.

Govt stipends do not contribute much to overall economic activity in any state.
Wrong.

Anyway, it is clear to me that you have no clue what these terms mean. Carefully read the Wikipedia article on GDP. Otherwise there is no point in us further discussing.

Perhaps when you finish doing that, you will understand why James Ibori stealing $3 billion+ from your state had more than an "inconsequential" negative effect (as if this should require anything more than common sense to see  undecided )
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by ektbear: 12:25am On Apr 05, 2011
odumchi:

You might be correct here. Let's use some common sense, the north is mostly desert and a dry savannah, how can such a barren region have a greater population than the fertile, arable south? And the true Hausa Fulani population in Nigeria is probably less than 20million. The rest are most likely conquered peoples who maintain their distinct culture but still speak the Hausa Language.

The actual true Hausa Population is around 15million with 5million Fulanis. Remember the Fulani and Hausa are different peoples who were united in 1804 by Usman Dan Fodio. So the actual population Numbers would really be (1) Yoruba 36million  (2) Igbo 35 million  (3) Hausa 22 million  (4) Ijaw 15million (5) Fulani 5 million (6) Other 38 million

How did you get those #s for Hausa-Fulani? BTW, what exactly do you consider Fulani, when you say that 5 million? There are some Fulani who are herders, some who live in those small hut villages. I don't think there can be up to 5 million of them combined in Nigeria; that sort of lifestyle doesn't support large #s. Probably less than 2 million total in Nigeria of those. Or are you including urbanized Fulani guys like Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in that 5 million?

And why do you think 15 million Ijaw? That is impossible. Bayelsa is their heartland, and probably has 3 million max. Where do you get the other 12 million from? And why more Yoruba than Igbo? That I'm not sure about; it could go either way. But I think Igbo are more, personally.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by odumchi: 12:37am On Apr 05, 2011
I see your point. And Yoruba and Igbo are really Equal in population with a few more on either side. And yes with the Fulani issue, it seems correct.

I came about the Hausa numbers by adding the numbers of the Northern States, and subtracting some estimates of the non-Hausa population. Hausa reside mainly on the NW, with the Fulanis in the NE, but I have updated my numbers.
ekt_bear:

How did you get those #s for Hausa-Fulani? BTW, what exactly do you consider Fulani, when you say that 5 million? There are some Fulani who are herders, some who live in those small hut villages. I don't think there can be up to 5 million of them combined in Nigeria; that sort of lifestyle doesn't support large #s. Probably less than 2 million total in Nigeria of those. Or are you including urbanized Fulani guys like Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in that 5 million?

And why do you think 15 million Ijaw? That is impossible. Bayelsa is their heartland, and probably has 3 million max. Where do you get the other 12 million from? And why more Yoruba than Igbo? That I'm not sure about; it could go either way. But I think Igbo are more, personally.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by edoyad(m): 12:40am On Apr 05, 2011
When they clump everything together like this it's increases the chances of error. They should have gone further to reduce the limitations of this material. My problem is with kaduna state where they just scored the whole state together knowing fully well that in terms of the  last 3 indices, southern kaduna is even higher than most states in country. But when you group northern and southern kd together and average it, the deficit up north is filled with the southern kd's figures, meaning policy makers will not know where to focus their efforts.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Chyz2: 12:40am On Apr 05, 2011
odumchi:

The actual true Hausa Population is around 15million with 5million Fulanis. Remember the Fulani and Hausa are different peoples who were united in 1804 by Usman Dan Fodio. So the actual population Numbers would really be (1) Yoruba 36million  (2) Igbo 35 million  (3) Hausa 22 million  (4) Ijaw 15million (5) Fulani 5 million (6) Other 38 million[/b]

Since when in hell have the Ijaws ever been close to 15 million,lol? In your life time, have you seen more Ijaws than "Calabar"(Ibibio) people?
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Beaf: 12:44am On Apr 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

Yes.
No. I already explained what price parity means in this context. Read the Wikipedia article if you didn't get it.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

Anyway, it is clear to me that you have no clue what these terms mean. Carefully read the Wikipedia article on GDP. Otherwise there is no point in us further discussing.

Perhaps when you finish doing that, you will understand why James Ibori stealing $3 billion+ from your state had more than an "inconsequential" negative effect (as if this should require anything more than common sense to see  undecided )

Sorry Charlie, its you thats in the dark and refusing to learn.

GDP PPP is about relalive income generated (to put it in the simplest terms) and oil money is not income.
The simplest pointer to what BBC is saying is Bayelsa's position. If your argument was correct, it would have been at the top by a wide margin; they have a tiny population, but oodles of oil.

All your arguments are wrong.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by ektbear: 12:48am On Apr 05, 2011
edoyad:

When they clump everything together like this it's increases the chances of error. They should have gone further to reduce the limitations of this material. My problem is with kaduna state where they just scored the whole state together knowing fully well that in terms of the  last 3 indices, southern kaduna is even higher than most states in country. But when you group northern and southern kd together and average it, the deficit up north is filled with the southern kd's figures, meaning policy makers will not know where to focus their efforts.

How likely is that southern Kaduna will get its own state, btw? I remember reading about some guy running for office who promised to push that heavily.

@Beaf: You are embarrassing yourself. Abeg, Google is just a fingertip away. You can fill the holes in your knowledge easily, rather than being stubbornly ignorant.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by edoyad(m): 12:49am On Apr 05, 2011
You might be correct here. Let's use some common  sense, the north is mostly desert and a dry savannah,  how can such a barren region have a greater population than the fertile, arable south? And the true Hausa  Fulani population in Nigeria is probably less than  20 million. The rest are most likely conquered peoples  who maintain their distinct culture but still speak the  Hausa Language.  The actual true Hausa Population is around 15 million  with 5 million Fulanis. Remember the Fulani and Hausa  are different peoples who were united in 1804  by  Usman Dan Fodio. So the actual population Numbers  would really be ( 1)  Yoruba 36 million  (2)  Igbo 35  million  (3)  Hausa 22  million  (4)  Ijaw 15 million (5)  Fulani 5  million (6)  Other 38  million

Dude do you know anything about Nigeria at all ? The population of hausa people in kano, kaduna, zamfara, sokoto and jigawa alone nearly tops 20 million. When you add up the population of hausa people from other states it definitely will approach their estimates
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Igwe12: 12:58am On Apr 05, 2011
You guys should remember that IGBOs are everywhere. If you factor the number of igbos outside south east( 7million in lagos assuming lagos is 18million as projected, about 2.5million in kano, plus millions in other places like kaduan, abuja, bayelsa, delta,) Igbos easily have the highest population in Nigeria. That is the reason why OBJ and the north did not want to include the ethnicity question in the last census because they knew the truth will be out. OBJ wants the old dynamic of Huasa>Yoruba>Igbo to stay instead of the other way round because the people that benefit the most are Yorubas. This is the real truth. Jonathan should redo this census because it was total crap. The UN was giving a state like anambra 7million but the census said 4million, just to tell you the degree of descripancy.
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by Beaf: 1:00am On Apr 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

How likely is that southern Kaduna will get its own state, btw? I remember reading about some guy running for office who promised to push that heavily.

@Beaf: You are embarrassing yourself. Abeg, Google is just a fingertip away. You can fill the holes in your knowledge easily, rather than being stubbornly ignorant.

Abeg, go and sit down! You are the one embarrassing yourself.

Bayelsa contributes over 30% of Nigeria’s oil production and has a population of 2 million, yet the illustration groups them with the likes of Zamfara and Kebbi. . . Go figure.
Wiser people wouldn't wonder why for too long.

The diagram below is a measure of regional individual prosperity as I have told you.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/417268_nigeria_wealth_624_gifca16c9b30a49887efef111268f0c1a1a
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by edoyad(m): 1:02am On Apr 05, 2011
How likely is that southern Kaduna will get its own  state, btw? I remember reading about some guy  running for office who promised to push that heavily.
@baba-ekiti, that state creation thing appears to be recess till the next assembly year. Mind you not only southern kd is clamoring for state creation, it appears there are as much states awaiting creation as there are in existence already.
grin
Re: Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? by ektbear: 1:03am On Apr 05, 2011
edoyad:

Dude do you know anything about Nigeria at all ? The population of hausa people in kano, kaduna, zamfara, sokoto and jigawa alone nearly tops 20 million. When you add up the population of hausa people from other states it definitely will approach their estimates

Hrm, I guess you've probably visited those places extensively, unlike us southerners. Can you give specific estimates for each of those states? The large cities mainly, not the rural areas (I looked at Kano non-urban LGAs and believe they are heavily inflated.) What do the #s look like in your opinion?

Here were the official 2006 #s:
19 Kano 4,844,128            4,539,554            9,383,682
18 Kaduna 3,112,028            2,954,534            6,066,562
36 Zamfara 1,630,344            1,629,502            3,259,846
33 Sokoto 1,872,069            1,824,930            3,696,999
17 Jigawa 2,215,907            2,132,742            4,348,649

@Beaf: Dude, we are done talking. There is nothing further for us to discuss until you one day read and understand the terms used. You are welcome to the last word, though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke / PDP Convention: Power Brokers Move Against Ex-Generals’ Men / APC Members Hold Rally For Tinubu In Rivers (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.