Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. (270 Views)

Igbo And Linguistics Abeg Where Unah Dey Work / What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) / NECO Releases SSCE Results, 878,925 Get Credits In English And Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by PetersKID(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
If you are a graduate of Linguistics or English Language and you can take tutorials for undergraduates, call or whatsapp 08093742337
Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by illicit(m): 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2021
BA Linguistics (UNILORIN) here....
Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2021
illicit:
BA Linguistics (UNILORIN) here....
Hi, during your study did you do any course involving calculations (Mathematics)? and what were your most difficult courses?
Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by illicit(m): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2021
Omoluabi9:
Hi, during your study did you do any course involving calculations (Mathematics)? and what were your most difficult courses?

No mathematics

We only have schema which is the usage of symbols....

Well difficulty is a relative term, what's difficult to me might be easy to another student, mine was generative phonology and it's largely because of the lecturer, he made it appear difficult.
Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2021
illicit:

No mathematics

We only have schema which is the usage of symbols....

Well difficulty is a relative term, what's difficult to me might be easy to another student, mine was generative phonology and it's largely because of the lecturer, he made it appear difficult.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you point me to a resource on Schema?

What is generative phonology about?
Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by illicit(m): 4:52pm On Jan 25, 2021
Omoluabi9:
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you point me to a resource on Schema?

What is generative phonology about?

Generative phonology is the creation of Noam Chomsky and Morris Halle, both professors in the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics (and later the Department of Linguistics and Philosophy) at MIT.

Generative phonology is a component of generative grammar that assigns the correct phonetic representations to utterances in such a way as to reflect a native speaker's internalized grammar.

Underlying representations show what a native speaker knows about the abstract underlying phonology of the language....

Schema is a tool, symbols just like the ones you have in mathematics to signify addition, deletion, brackets etc

1 Like

Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2021
illicit:

Generative phonology was the creation of Noam Chomsky and Morris Halle, both to be professors in the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics (and later the Department of Linguistics and Philosophy) at MIT.

Generative phonology is a component of generative grammar that assigns the correct phonetic representations to utterances in such a way as to reflect a native speaker's internalized grammar.

Underlying representations show what a native speaker knows about the abstract underlying phonology of the language.

Schema is a tool, symbols just like the ones you have in mathematics to signify addition, deletion, brackets etc
Really interesting.

Thanks for this.

From your experience, what are the things to look out for as an English student?

What does it take to be a 1st Class English Language student?

Thanks.
Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by illicit(m): 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2021
Omoluabi9:
Really interesting.

Thanks for this.

From your experience, what are the things to look out for as an English student?

What does it take to be a 1st Class English Language student?

Thanks.

Oh.... I did Linguistics, I didn't study English tho....

They are very different.
Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2021
illicit:

Oh.... I did Linguistics, I didn't study English tho....

They are very different.
Oh, I thought they were parallels between Linguistics and English Language.
Re: English And Linguistics Graduate Needed. by illicit(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
Omoluabi9:
Oh, I thought they were parallels between Linguistics and English Language.

Hmmmm well, other than being in the same faculty....

English is just one language while Linguistics is the scientific study of all Languages.... All Languages both dead and alive....

Languages live, they die, they evolve....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Young Nairalander Engr. Uzhodu Michael Offers Scholarship To Students / What Can You Do With A B.arch Degree? / Ogun TESCOM Commissioner Charge Teachers To Do More.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.