Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion (7952 Views)

Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates / Bill Gates Is World's Richest, Surpases Carlos Slim / Carlos Slim: Second World Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by messiah(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2007
bill gates has been beaten as the richest man in the world many times. but this "stubborn" guy just keeps bouncing back. i'm sure slim's success is just momentary. by the way, is this mexican's job wholly legitimate? don't blame me, bacause it's a known fact that most of the world's notorious drug barons are found in the americas.
however, i believe that bill gates's "exhalted" position in the world can be overcome by anybody, even a nigerian!(LOL)
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by dollyp1cute(f): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2007
I don't give a rat's ass about the Carlos Slim or Bill Gates or Dangote or Oprah or any rich list positioning.

Am I a hater? grin

I like to read the autobiography though, to find out how to make my own dosh.
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by omonijer(m): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2007
success aint about how much u have at a particular time, but how much impact u 've had on the ppl and places u pass thru while getting rich.
Slim is richer than gates now, so wat? how abt gates has had more positive impact on ppl in the world? doesnt that make more sense?
Slim even thinks that bill's philantropy is santa , i think the guy shd be slapped in the face.
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by sniperwolf(m): 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2007
As long as we all continue to use the computer and Internet, I believe Bill Gates will make his mark back to number 1 spot, 'cos there is nothing we do without the use of computers and the Internet even in the stock market too computer is their everyday tool. This will not last 'cos the table is definately going to turn in no time.
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by honeric01(m): 12:10am On Jul 18, 2007
Story sweet to talk abi?
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by bricks(m): 12:58am On Jul 18, 2007
You cant be on top forever ! i tip my hat to bill for holding that position for close to 10 years if am not mistaken.Do remeber that the wall mart family overtook him some time ago but he came back so lets see for how long this new guy can hold on! cool cool
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by ebos(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2007
I'm of the opinion that Bill may not overtake Carlos Slim again because he's no longer interested in the first position. About 30% of his income have been shared to various charitable homes as I said earlier. I know they are not rated by the incomes that comes to them, but I still believe that these proceeds, if he still receive them can be used to acquire more shares or invested to other businesses that can generate more assets to him. That was why he made the statement that "once you make your money and hits $50 Million, you are satisfied because what $60Billion can buy, $50Million can still buy it. He went ahead to say that investing in the charitable homes is his main concern. So, with his statements, you will know that he's no longer interested in that position. We all know Bill is greater than Carlos anytime, any day. Carlos has done nothing, and he's just talking rubbish that you cannot fight poverty by donations. Please help me ask Carlos Slim, if the orphans and the physically challanged will die in hungry, and have no right to be educated like him, hence he does not believe in donations. Who does he wants to train the orphans and the rest? Selfish man like him.
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by 9ja4eva: 7:47am On Jul 22, 2007
Make we see wetin their next list go yield
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by ckenneths(m): 8:27am On Jul 22, 2007
Why are we wasting time debating who should be richest man, someone should call Bill or Carlos and beg the two of them to come here and give us power supply, since our PHCN is dead, whoever responds first should be trully installed to be worlds richest!
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by 9ja4eva: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2007
hahahaha

U funny
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by naira4doll(m): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2007
Well, I still like Bill Gates, he maintained that position for 13years and was known for giving.
No wonder it's said that Givers Like Me Never Lack. If Slim does not give like Gates, I'll overtake him.
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by honeric01(m): 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2007
yea i think you are right man, maybe they should hold a little bit of road construction too, and then add good tap water, and then more affordable housing for Nigerian citizens grin
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by Crownvilla(m): 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2007
Carlos Slim, aka, the 'real slim shady' grin grin grin
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by luckily(m): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2007
The world is a just giver, whatever you ask is what you get.
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by honeric01(m): 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2007
guys please pray for me so that i can be that rich and then give charity to people and also build Nigeria without being in government.
Re: Mexican, Carlos Slim, Is World's Richest Man With $67 Billion by darwin(m): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2008
@caradona
why not try me i'm worth #300,000,000.i'll give ya 1/1 wink0

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sokoto State Old Market On Fire / Oil Prices Jump On U.s-china Trade Hopes, Supply Cuts / Should Banks Charge Customers For Unsolicited SMS Alerts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.