Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,268 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:25 PM

Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie (37663 Views)

Funke Akindele, Husband, JJC Skillz In Dubai For 'Omo Ghetto' Premiere (Pix) / ‘Omo Ghetto: The Saga’ - Funke Akindele Returns To Street (Pictures) / List Of The Highest Grossing Movies Of 2018 And How Much They Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by 4ckyou: 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2021
isan:
7 of the 10 highest grossing nollywood movies are produced by Yoruba's

Now you want to bring tribalism into this, after this come and collect your reward because if you don't get anything from your tribalist manner, then I pity for you

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by anitabella: 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
isan:

If na ibo directors and producers from alaba International...you go see say the movie go reach season 20....

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Daguccizgreat(m): 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Funke Akindele is in the same rank as Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lopez
Lol.
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by harmony75: 2:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
great actor funke ❤still remember her early play 'I need to know ' as a school girl very intelligent she was always asking her mom question on sex education that's was the concept of that program to educate teenagers! she was and very talented woman!

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by iampeterben(m): 2:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
Nice and kudos to her

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Stewart883(m): 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
I'm so happy for Funke, she's one of the hardworking, talented and sedulous actress in Nollywood. I still remember back then in early 2000's when I first watched her movie, I knew already she will go far, congrats!

I still remember her when I was a teenager watching "I need to know" in 1998.

5 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Superpower(m): 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2021
2cribz:
Over hyped boring piece of crap,what do you expect from African dumb sitcoms
Do you even understand what a sitcom is?
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Poloyanabo2(m): 2:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Stop this.
She hasn't achieved a fraction of what Angelina Jolie has achieved.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by ikllbrokehoes(m): 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
Stewart883:

I still remember her when I was a teenager watching "I need to know" in 1998.
She has come a long way, I'm glad she's now enjoying the fruit of her labour

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Poloyanabo2(m): 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
Opexzy:
Previous record holder was a comic movie the new holder is also a comic movie... Don't be surprised if the next is also from the same genre...

The only reason I will use my money and buy ticket to watch a Nigerian movie, is if I am damn sure its gonna make me laugh...
The day Nigerian film industry prioritises the action genre, that's the day I'm gonna start patronising them.
Hollywood, bollywood, Korea, Philippines, Southern America all prioritises good action films.
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by einsteine(m): 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
amazing101x:
congrats to her, i actually thought they make more than that. Nigeria still have a long way to go... that figure is not up to the cost of making some movies in advance world, we shall get there someday .

You don't expect the entertainment sector to totally outperform the economy. As the economy grows and more money is in people's pockets, they will be able to go to cinemas.

Cinemas are a premium service in Nigeria. There are very few screens and many Nigerians have never been to a cinema.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by ikllbrokehoes(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
harmony75:
great actor funke ❤still remember her early play 'I need to know ' as a school girl very intelligent she was always asking her mom question on sex education that's was the concept of that program to educate teenagers! she was and very talented woman!
Chai! you done old oh? that was my favourite show back then, I learnt alot about sex education from the show back then and I also love the theme music

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by FireKing: 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2021
You see reason why you can't and will never call Funke a prostitute or any bad name because right from the days of 'I NEED TO KNOW' she don prove herself with her performance and creativities.......
Unlike some actress just to movies.... Next u see or here
I just got myself a new masion, a new range sports or a new business empire .....no be the same film the men dey act then how come dem no dey buy mansions lik the girls..?
Kudos to JENIFA

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Mercy2006(f): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2021
That's why many people laughed when they were comparing Genevieve with Funke.Funke is on another level entirely, it's even clear to the blind.
Go girl,you are doing well( in Mr macaroni's voice)

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by TheGreatIYANU: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
Nig4Greatness:
Almost half a billion naira for a movie not up to a month at the cinema.i hope IRS is watching this figure that seems overblown.
But come to think of it....entertainment has become a mainstream of our economy outside govt control. Next thing is for Netflix to acquire for another $200k.am sure the budget for this movie wasn't up to 50m..time to rethink my earlier stand against investing in business like this.
But what's so special about this movie??.
Is it the glamour or the cast or the crew or the title,the publicity or the time it came out.

Filmmaking is highly lucrative (especially now) in Africa with International Media Outfits like Canal+ and Netflix on our shores. I'm producing a Cinema film next year and I need investors. We have a strong story with solid cast and crew for the job. All that's left is adequate funding.

It's a movie that along with telling a great story, promotes Edo state's rich cultural values and beautiful scenery.

If you ready to rethink your earlier stand and decide to invest in the industry, start with us. Give us a try, I'm positive we will all testify at the end.
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by saaron(m): 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2021
Funke Akindele slightly resembles the American actress in Empire.
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by TemmyT002(m): 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Okay o. .

Another overrated dumb fuckkk

Are you high sir? What are you talking about? What exactly is overrated?

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by TemmyT002(m): 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
Nig4Greatness:
Almost half a billion naira for a movie not up to a month at the cinema.i hope IRS is watching this figure that seems overblown.
But come to think of it....entertainment has become a mainstream of our economy outside govt control.Next thing is for Netflix to acquire for another $200k.am sure the budget for this movie wasn't up to 50m..time to rethink my earlier stand against investing in business like this.
But what's so special about this movie??.
Is it the glamour or the cast or the crew or the title,the publicity or the time it came out.

Funke Akindele herself is very popular
She now added more popular actors and actresses
The movie itself is a comedy
The Yoruba ladies I know love her movies and don't joke with her episodal films.
The promotion online and everywhere else too
Too many things sha
Personally, I have only watched one of her movies ever.
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Boxer007(m): 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
I'm so happy for Funke, she's one of the hardworking, talented and sedulous actress in Nollywood. I still remember back then in early 2000's when I first watched her movie, I knew already she will go far, congrats!

But she ugly nah., very ugly. .bros . she aint lightskin. Preach! angry
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by tot(f): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
isan:

Because they are sensible enough to channel their time and energy into their work rather than engaging in useless tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by tot(f): 3:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
TemmyT002:

Are you high sir? What are you talking about? What exactly is overrated?

The question is does he even know who Funke is, cos if he did, he wouldn't type what he did. But then again, considering what weed does to people, one should not be surprised.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by tot(f): 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mercy2006:
That's why many people laughed when they were comparing Genevieve with Funke.Funke is on another level entirely, it's even clear to the blind.
Go girl,you are doing well( in Mr macaroni's voice)

Genevieve to Funke? Never heard of that. The two who were being constantly compared were Genevieve and Omotola. In any case, each of these ladies have their own niche and talents, it is not necessary to pit one against the other. The sky is wide enough.

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Olakunleyakub(m): 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by FireTheMods: 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
angry
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by 44Bulldog(m): 5:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Okay o. .

U get sense so?

Odé

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by LongNipple(m): 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2021
Why am I not suprised. Their Marketing was massive. This wouldn't have been possible if they hadn't travelled to air it in Dubai (UAE).

The Dubai group I joined recently has just been full of posts of the Movie. Even before the premiere in Dubai on the 21st, they kept on Marketing and Posting.

I have learnt a lot especially in the area of Marketing.

Well, congrats to her.

Join us and celebrate as one of our Sickle Cell Patient (SS) just got CURED Completely and her Genotype has been converted to AA. It is a Miracle. We are so happy. What God cannot do doesn't exist.

To all those that were doubting and laughing saying Sickle Cell is forever and it can't be cured , well sorry is your case. God has shamed you all.

Click this thread to know what we used and the complete Therapy and how it worked for her. Spread the word. Don't die in silence.

https://www.nairaland.com/6330207/sickle-cell-sc-childs-genotype#97889849
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by kay7: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Okay o. .

Guy, you need another sniff to think well. Meanwhile just keep quiet �
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Pedalgrazing: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
shocked
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by tishbite41(m): 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
nairavsdollars:
funny but true. Insightful comparison!
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Omo Ghetto" Becomes Highest Grossing Nollywood Movie by Qoko: 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
Congratulations my sister but I contributed to cash out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Rita Dominic At 2018 AMVCA / BBNaija: CeeC In NYSC Khaki As A Corper (Throwback Photo) / Bbnaija: Mike Edward And Stephen Harvey In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.