Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate (41477 Views)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Deserea: 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2021
Adeplus:

I disagree!!

Speaking with intelligence is very important, you don't know who you might hurt through words.
Knowledge is knowing what to say.

Wisdom is knowing when to say it.

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by stanliwise(m): 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
lexy2014:

If d boss really cared about d image of d guys mum, he/she should have cared about d old womans welfare. So now that d boss has sacked d guy, how's he gonna support his mum? Where's d intelligence in that?
excellent! Don’t mind that one professing intelligence when he can’t even think like it.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Awoo88: 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
Why the boy sef go call another woman illiterate for where another feminine idiot they?? The guy no he sense
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by iLegendd(m): 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Realtord43:
White colar job too get packaging and stress.

just imagine the reason for the sack.

Entrepreneurship is underrated!

I think it's good they underrate it. It helps those who do take action in becoming entrepreneurs making more and employing them.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by stanliwise(m): 5:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
Deserea:
Knowledge is knowing what to say.

Wisdom is knowing when to say it.
Only a wizard would know the exact things to say, it is very unfortunate how people abuse power and we find reasons to justify it.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by stanliwise(m): 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
Awoo88:
Why the boy sef go call another woman illiterate for where another feminine idiot they?? The guy no he sense
So next time how is one suppose to know when someone will get offended?
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Deserea: 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2021
stanliwise:

Only a wizard would know the exact things to say, it is very unfortunate how people abuse power and we find reasons to justify it.
I am not justifying anything here sir. The boss might be a feminist or an aggresive person but, the guy should've have let her find out herself.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by fkj950ax(m): 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
The boss is actually the illiterate.
Doesn't know the meaning of the word.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by RoRoo: 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
The boss overreacted. Illiteracy is a word used to describe an uneducated person, and not an insulting word. How else should he have explained to her that his mum isn't fluent with English language?
I'm not surprised though cos that's how it is with female bosses, they're always so paranoid.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by alizma: 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
sherylbaky:
Wahala for who be Nigerian, different people just full this country. Is illiterate an insult?

The mama no fit read, write or speak the borrowed official language, if pesin wan talk that one for English abeg wetin e go be?
You can say, due to her level of education, she will appreciate it more if you communicate with her in Yoruba language
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
That negroe is definitely a nairalander. They always come here to disrespect their mothers.

That's why they remain jobless and frustrated. grin
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by pek(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Why do I not believe this?
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Awoo88: 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2021
stanliwise:

So next time how is one suppose to know when someone will get offended?
My dear, if you can not read any person you are working with, your boss or not, go read memory master. You should be able to tell what your boss want. It is key to your survival. Even if your leaving that place. It is very important
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by jidxin(m): 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
sherylbaky:
Wahala for who be Nigerian, different people just full this country. Is illiterate an insult?

The mama no fit read, write or speak the borrowed official language, if pesin wan talk that one for English abeg wetin e go be?
you still dey here sheryl
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Lamasta(m): 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
The boss ought to have called him one on one and ask him to apologize to his mum if she feels sad with the young man based on his utterace...

Atimes saying it as it is is a crime sometimes
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by TempleHouse: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
I think its okay to be civil to your own Mother to say the least.

I promised I will never address the occupant of my house as Tenants because my Landlord
addresses me as Neighbour; and never addressed me as a Tenant throughout my 5 years
stay in his house.

This is my own promise !

2 Likes

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by bigfish3k: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
After the sack
How will the guy now take care of his his mother

The boss did bad to both the mum and the guy
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Iykenuwa(m): 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
He should have been more careful with his choice of words.

He could have just said, "my Mum prefers communicating in Yoruba" or "she understands only Yoruba".
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by cooltola(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
very poor excuse to fire someone
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by milky3(f): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
The conversation shd have been . maami oga mi fé bayin soró, (mum my boss want to speak with u) then boss will grab from there

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Neowanskywalker: 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
post=98464053:

Serves the Big mouthed child right!

Do not use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you to speak.

We Rise.......once more cool!
1st time we agreed on the same thing
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by udemzyudex(m): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
extol1:
speaking the truth at times might be wrong

more like speak the truth in a civilised manner, he could have said my mum doesn't understand English, speak yoruba language to her.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by picklighthouse: 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
Some bosses are something else. If she really respected and regarded the guy's mum that much does sacking her son show it? Her action does not make any sense.

I have worked it bosses before. Female bosses to be specific. I won't ever forget one in a hurry. She could drag you over the coal without bating an eyelid. Talk you down till your dignity is drained out. And her characteristic signature after she has refused you opportunity to explain yourself: draw a long hiss and end the call on you. grin

She leaves you to yourself to think about your future.

I thank God I met her. I never knew I could be so patient with any human being. Now I am better person because of her villainy. grin

Mo win still!
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by gozzlin: 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
It's so shocking to find out that most Yoruba mothers are illiterate and can't communicate in English. Go to the southeast, especially Anambra and find that most women there, including elderly women can interact in fluent English.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Blackdisciple(m): 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
Lolz now who is an illiterate the mum or the guy
mumu
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by BRATISLAVA: 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
extol1:
speaking the truth at times might be wrong

Yes, for belittling the woman who brought him into the world, because his boss is on the line... The blatant lack of tact from a supposed PR agent.

There is a difference between the truth and being stupid. The guy was stupid. Maybe he's one of the red pilled men we have here.

Imagine someone saying his own mother is an illiterate, there were better ways he could've said that.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by lighternote: 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
And yet they can never be generational wealthy. Even if they like work for multimillion dollar industry, they will just be comfortable.
Realtord43:
White colar job too get packaging and stress.

just imagine the reason for the sack.

Entrepreneurship is underrated!
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by BRATISLAVA: 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
udemzyudex:

more like speak the truth in a civilised manner, he could have said my mum doesn't understand English, speak yoruba language to her.

Don't mind the tactless child, employed as a PR officer, yet so uncultured in his speech.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Coinbased: 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
Oh
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by BRATISLAVA: 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
TempleHouse:
I think its okay to be civil to your own Mother to say the least.

I promised I will never address the occupant of my house as Tenants because my Landlord
addresses me as Neighbour; and never addressed me as a Tenant throughout my 5 years
stay in his house.

This is my own promise !

He has taught you well, and you have learned well. I will try adopting this method.
Re: Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate by Ekebitozi: 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
A job of 80k or sell food at a bus stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video) / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.