Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Unrequited - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (136886 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unrequited by Moura7(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
Prologue

He slipped another cloret mint gum into his mouth to refresh his breath as he looked down to the beautiful bouquet of daisies in his hand. Today was the day he was willing to damn the consequences, wear his grown man pants and confess his undying love for her. She was the very beautiful and elegant Nonye, his childhood friend and sweetheart.
They'd been friends since forever together with Dayo. The three had been inseparable since they were still shitting their diapers.
Today he was finally acting on Dayo's advice to come clean about his feelings for Nonye or watch someone else snatch her up.
Finally, getting to the Dept of Mass Communication -where Nonye majored in- he went to the hall where she had said they'd be having lectures in but saw that it was empty. He looked at his wristwatch and saw that he was late and the lecture had already ended but then he figured she'd be in the school's radio studio where she did shifts. On getting there he heard her voice and smiled that his guess wasn't wrong but at the same time he was really nervous. Due to the anxiety he decided to wait and get himself together before entering and that was when he heard it.

"Um D, there's something I'd like to tell you", he heard Nonye say to Dayo. She always liked to call him D. He wondered what Dayo was doing there but figured maybe he was just waiting for her to finish up as the three of them usually waited for each other to finish up so as to have lunch together or leave together.

"Sure, shoot", Dayo permitted.

"Uhmm..I..", she began nervously.

" I.. I-I really like you D and I don't mean as a friend. I've been feeling like this for quite sometime now and I just had to let it out before it suffocates me. I..I don't know if you feel the same way?", he heard her say and his heart sank. There was a pause and he didn't know what was happening cus he had his back against the wall just beside the entrance to the studio. Somehow he was assured cus there's no way that Dayo knowing how he felt would say yes to her or so he thought.

"Wow…I…um..Nonye this is all so sudden and I…-", Dayo began before She cut him off.

"It's Ok D, you don't have to answer me now. Just give it time, I can wait", Nonye said and the last shred of flesh his heart was hanging on cut and his heart fell.

"No..no Nonye, I do actually. I feel the same way but.."

"Then nothing else matters D. You have feelings for me and I, you so let's give us a chance, yeah"?,Nonye jumped in and just like that he heard the kissing sounds and the flowers dropped from his shaky hands.…………..

Meet Dayo Michaels, the complete all rounder. Handsome, intelligent, caring and athletic stud. He's the son of Senator dad and his mum is a professor of economics.

Now here is Chinonyerem Felicity Orji. Fondly called Nonye by all, she's the definition of a beauty goddess. She's literally turned heads everytime she walked into the room and add brains to the face then you've got the complete package. She's also quite witty and isn't afraid to go for what she wants. She's the heir to top notch press company. Newspapers, tabloids, TV stations, you name it, NFO Media had it all.

Then there's the last of the trio, Kachi Kalu popularly called KK. Handsome, introverted, intelligent and not as popular as his friends due to his status as bastard and the fact that he's not from a rich home like the others and yes you guessed correctly, that's me….the flower boy.

Haven't yet gotten a permanent name so I'd just add this one to one of my "Un" series…….lets call it "Unrequited" for now…….Coming soon .

9 Likes

Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 6:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
First to land. Lets' go there
Re: Unrequited by Aprishyn06(m): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
Second to land grin
Interesting prologue. You gat me following, Moura. Trust me, u won't be 'Un'followed.
cheesy
Re: Unrequited by xaviercasmir(m): 5:54am On Jan 27, 2021
Ok I am already booked
Re: Unrequited by Amos15: 8:49am On Jan 27, 2021
Space booked
Re: Unrequited by Khriztarl(f): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2021
Hello mummy. Yes, i landed safely. Ok bye.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
Moura come and update....i don pack here o
Re: Unrequited by dimssy(m): 8:38am On Feb 01, 2021
You need popcorn and smoove for this trend, holla
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hey peeps....uhmm first off I'd like to apologize for ghosting. Got back to sch, had exams almost immediately and now we've resumed again. I've not forgotten this story and would deffo cont with it, I just need to make some time outta the craziness going on on.....Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still here and would start updating soon....Peace.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2021
KK

I took a sip frpm my drink already bored with the unfamiliar sight pf the dancefloor illuminated by red, green and blue laser beams shooting out from the rotating lights in the cieling. It was a Friday night and the club was packed with sweaty bodies dancing and bumping to the DJ's throbbing music. Almost as if on purpose, Wizkid's Reckless came on and it looked a group of puppies on crack jumping around.

After having my heart shattered to pieces without pouring it out, I had decided to take sometime off school, off friends and travelled to my village to clear my head.
I'll admit I've never been a big fan of the village seeing as I rarely ever go there but this time around, the peace and quiet my grandparent's house so generously offered was perfect for my broken heart.

That was two weeks ago, now I'm back and I think I'm in a much better place. Its not like I'm over Nonye already -infact I don't think I can ever be over her- but moving on is a process and process takes time and right now I think on the right track.

I made up my mind to accept things as they are and not cause any issue. Last thing I need right now is to stir up issues with my best buddies just because I got rejected on arrival. That would just be pretty pathetic. Besides, I could never do that to Dayo. Its not his fault plus she was the one that came after him. ...just like every other girl.

Dayo has always been there for me almost all my life. I can be called orphan, my mom is late and my Dad who I've never seen is out of the picture. According to my grandparents, my mum was the last daughter of a wealthy family and when she got pregnant for their poor son, her family kicked her out and disowned her. She then moved in with my dad and my grandparents where she gave birth to me. Months after my birth, my dad just up and left without a word and mum together with gramps struggled to raise me. Mum had some complications during my birth which gave way to some infections that eventually took her life when I was just four.
Grandpa worked as worked as a driver in Dayo's home then and that's how myself and Dayo became really good friends together with the fact that Dayo's mum and my mum were pretty good friends too. Mrs. Michaels always made sure to take care of me almost as if I was her own. Whenever Dayo got a toy, I got one too, if she got him a shirt, she'd get one for me too. Once Dayo refused to go to school again when I was staying at home because my gramps couldn't afford my JSS3 tuiton fees. He cried to his parents till they intervened and paid my fees. Even my being in this ridiculously expensive university is still as a result of their generous act as enlisting me among the beneficiaries of their foundation. This is why I can't let no petty feelings jeopardize my relationship with a good friend turned brother.

I took another sip of my beer as I focused on a figure, a girl dancing so sensually that I couldn't help but stare. She looked abit famaliar but I wasn't sure cause I couldn't see her face clearly from where I was sitting.
I soon lost interest in her and continued with my drink while thinking about how I'd resume school the following week. I'd gotten several calls from Dayo, Nonye and my grandparents but I never replied cause I was still caught up in my feelings then. I was racking my brain trying to come up with an excuse to give when I see them later when someone walked up to me.

"Fancy meeting you here", Shade said as she sat beside me and smiled. I grimaced as she sat down. Shade's Dayo's annoying and pretty younger sister by a year and let's just say we might have had a bit of an entanglement in the past. It was a one time, spur of the moment kinda mistake and we promised not to talk about it again and worse, not tell Dayo. At first, It was all cool till she started acting a bit strange, dropping sexual innuendos at the slighest chance and acting all jealous and clingly, you know the kinda stuff couples do, except we weren't one.

"Uh...hey Shade", I greeted faking a smile. "How're you doing," I continued.

"Just there....the way you left me", She said and I raised my brow.

"Anyway, let's forget that. How are you? You've been AWOL lately and everybody's worried. What happened? ", She asked as she took my hand in hers making my brain flag another red flag.

"Uhh...", I began as I stylishly withdrew my hand from hers and shifted abit away from her. "Its nothing, really. I just needed some alone time of everything, you know, like a self reflection moment ", I answered hoping that was convincing enough.

"Oh", She said and then her face lit up and that wasn't a good sign.

"You know....I think I spilled my drink just before I saw you. Why don't you buy me a drink as some sort of compensation ", She said softly while looking at me seductively.

"Hey babe", my eyes widened in surprise as the girl I was shamelessly ogling on the dancefloor earlier came up to me and sat between Shade and I.

I forgot how to breathe.

She was stunning quite alright but that was not the surprising thing. It was that she was Temioluwa Mia Rotimi. Now Mia here as she prefers to be called is the complete Queen bee in person. She's beauty with brains with money and power, infact she basically runs the whole college and here she is calling me babe. There's no doubt that she's drunk.

"He's with me", she said to Shade in a soft but power oozing tone.

"Or are you not?", she asked as she turned to me putting her arms round my neck smiling coyly.

One thing I forgot, I don't really like Mia as a person. Yeah, she's a goddess but with no character. She looks down on people and behaves like she's Cleopatra and we're all her servants but I'd do anything to not be in another complicated situation with Shade and so I chose to play along with Mia.

"Yeah....I'm with her", I saidly confidently looking at Shade......TBC.

So sorry it took this long to start this series. Pls comment more to spur me on. Updates would be thrice a week.

4 Likes

Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
FINALLY....nice write up
pls don't ghost on us again oo
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 11:25am On Jun 03, 2021
jyrre:
FINALLY....nice write up
pls don't ghost on us again oo

Thanks alot man
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Your story is wonderful
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:50am On Jun 05, 2021

Kk

An expression of surprise and then hurt marred Shade's pretty face as she opened her mouth and closed it when she couldn't voice out anything. I guess she was too shocked to talk and why wouldn't she? I mean she just saw one of the hottest girls in school come up to a way ordinary guy like me, claiming to be with me.

"You know what?", Shade began as she stood up. "F**k off, K", she said as she left in annoyance.

"Yayy", Mia cheered animatedly, clapping her hands.

"She's gone. Now you can repay me by buying me a drink", She said as she turned to me smiling and I wondered just how drunk she was.

" I think you've had one too many already", I said as I took out my wallet to pay for my unfinished drink. Now would be the best time for me to leave before something much more unusual would happen.

"Wait what?....You're leaving....just like that?", Mia said as she stood up too and almost fell down as she swayed.

"How nice ", she clapped mockingly. "Way to be gentleman, I helped you with your pest problems and you just take off...just like everyone else", she slurred as she sat back down.

I paused for abit contemplating whether to leave her here all alone or just go. I sighed as I sat down too, cursing this overwhelming feeling compassion of mine that has always been a dominat part of me. Most times I've been put at a disadvantage because of this trait but still I can't just seem to shake it off. Sometimes I wish I could just be selfish even just for a day...just one day that I'd not have to worry about other people but myself. Just a day of doing what I want not caring how it'd affect others.
Light snoring sounds disruted mu thoughts and I looked beside me to see Mia sleeping, her head on my shoulder. Great, now I'm stuck with her for real now.

"K, you never learn", I mutterred to myself as I looked to her side to see if she had a purse or phone or something I could use to contact her friends or family, boyfriend...just someone that could come and pick her.

"Hey...hey wake up", I shook her gently. "Who did you come with....I want leave now", I said. She stirred abit and just went back to sleep.

"Oh God", I sighed.

"Nobody", She mumbled.

"What....what did you say?", I asked wanting to be sure I heard right.

"I didn't come with anybody...just....just....take me home", she mumbled again.

"Home?....what's your address?", I asked her but got no response this time she'd drifted back to sleep.

"Nawa o", I said as I looked at my phone and the time read 1:05 a.m. I've never been out this late before.
There and then, I decided to do the only sensible thing I could think of which was to take her home....my home.

It's tough taking a drunk person to the toilet to take a piss, now try guarding and steadying not just a drunk person but a sleepy person through a sea of dancing bodies to the exit.
Thankfully we made out to the car park where my baby was waiting for me. It was probably the least expensive car in the parking lot but it was one of the most valuable things in this world to me. My grandparents struggled to get me this 2010 toyota camry as a gift for getting admitted to this very prestigious college.
My grandparents had to forfeit expanding grandma's cafè -which was our only source of income now that grandpa's retired- just so that I could go to school. They decided that since Dayo's parents' foundation was taking care of the expensive fees, they'd take care of other stuff I'd need and that included paying for my accommodation too.

I started the car and turned the AC on full blast. She was going to have a hell of a hangover when she wakes up later this morning or afternoon. We were a few mintues away from my dorm when she suddenly jerked up in her seat, covering her mouth.

Shit, no.

She threw up all over my car.

I nearly cried. The sound of gagging was bad enough but the smell was so disgusting, I wondered if I could hold my breath long enough for the remainder of the journey to my place. Desperately opening the windows and sunroof, I let out the air I was holding and frantically gasped for air.

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:52am On Jun 05, 2021
Contd

"Damn, girl. One good deed and--"

She threw up again.

"Nawa o".

Pissed, I debated if I should just drop her at a hotel. After all it wasn't like I really knew or we werw even friends. Even my saviour complex had a limit but deep down I knew I couldn't do it.

Resigned, I parked my car in my spot and cautiously approached the passenger seat, wouldn't want to be caught off guard if she decides puke all over me this time. Holding my breath, I cleaned her as much as I could and scooped her in my arms.

In the lobby, one of the security guards opened the doors for me and helped me press the elevator button since my hands were full.

"Oga K, ha this one wey I dey see you with woman, hope say we safe oo. Ah, see o..she don drink tire sef. Na higj flex you go dey on this night o", he just went on vomiting every rubbish from his mouth. Yes, I don't like him at all and I don't really know why but let's just say I don't get good vibes from him. I mumbled a thanks to help and went on my way up to my floor.
Now my college, Regal College of Excellence is a state of the art international university and just as the name implies it is just a magnificent kingdom. It's as if all the notables in the society from Monarchs to Heads of state, conglomerate presidents, CEOs of the best companies, Chairmen of banks, recognized athletes, global artistes, movie stars and directors, international models and so on. A school where $100,000 is paid as tuiton excluding accommodation, feeding and other stuff. Having a Regal Certificate would easily pave the way for anyone in the labour market but then again, ninety percent of the students here have no business with the labour market. Most of them here are heirs to multinational companies already and others have trust funds the size of mount everest. They are all set up for life. My posh dorm was nothing compared to the penthouses the school got for these brats. Infact, the only people who stayed at dorms are scholarship kids like myself.
Dayo had begged me to move in with him but I refused, I mean his parents have already done enough for me by giving me this opportunity and it'd just be a too parasitic of me to also jump at his offer to move in with him.

As soon as the elevator doors opened on my floor I went staright to my bedroom. She curled up like a tiny kitten and whimpered when I laid her on the bed.
"Mom", she sobbed in her sleep.

I hesitated a bit as I watched her. She must be going through alot or nothing at all. Its Mia for crying out loud, a stressful day for her would be like not having to get all colours of a Loubotin or Jimmy choos shoe or maybe getting an 80 in an exam or not having a global celebrity attend her birthday.

"Whatever ", I mumbled to myself as I walked off to the kitchen to grab a bite.

I think I just slept for like an hour or two when I was jerked awake by a scream.

"Aaahhhhhh!!!", the scream came again and it was coming from the guest room...then suddenly the memories of last night or early this morning came flooding back to me.

"Mia", I gasped as I rushed to the bedroom.....TBC.

5 Likes

Re: Unrequited by bigbauer(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
@moura7 nice piece. Please make a decision to do this and consistently too. Obrigado
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2021
mokoh:
Your story is wonderful

Thanks bro
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
bigbauer:
@moura7 nice piece. Please make a decision to do this and consistently too. Obrigado

Thanks man...will do my best. Comments from y'all would go a long way too

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
Moura don't kill me with suspense�
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nice one op
Re: Unrequited by Investorrtbankz(m): 9:00am On Jun 15, 2021
Please, update this piece of great artifact
Re: Unrequited by Herbiedeen(m): 1:08am On Jun 17, 2021
Khriztarl my ex wife.... Ann2012 my future wife.... mhizv my ex concubine..... Adeola25 my future concubine..... Enirock my gee.....
Cumman see suntin oh grin
Re: Unrequited by mhizv(f): 7:50am On Jun 17, 2021
Herbiedeen:
Khriztarl my ex wife....
Ann2012 my future wife....
mhizv my ex concubine.....
Adeola25 my future concubine.....
Enirock my gee.....

Lol thanks!
Re: Unrequited by Adeola25(f): 9:43am On Jun 17, 2021
I just read the first chapter, and its interesting. Thanks for the invite Mr concubine. Lolz
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:34am On Jun 18, 2021

Mia

The breath of cool breeze from the AC woke me up. I savoured the smell of the fresh clean sheets covering me, thinking how sweet the cleaners were for changing them. I looked back at the sheets and all of sudden I realised that they weren't really my sheets. I looked around and discovered that I wasn't in my room at all.

I shot up from the bed , dazed. Blinking several times, I looked around again and swallowed the panic climbing up my throat at the unfamiliar room. 'Where the heck was I and what is that horrible smell ?', I thought as I covered my nose in disgust.

"Ok Mia, just calm down. Don't panic", I muttered, taken aback by the horrible smell of my breath. Closing my mouth, I took several dep breaths to calm my rapid beating heart.

At least I still had my clothes on, even though they were soiled in dry.....vomit. That was were the stunk came from. It was me. Oh my God.

I could recall everything that happened yesterday except for last night. Blurred images flowed into my mind but nothing concrete enough to give me a clue. Hearing Mum's cancer was getting worse was brutal. I couldn't really accept the fact that my mum just had a few weeks more to live..two weeks if she was lucky.

In a fit of rage and deep sadness, I decided to go clubbing alone for the first time for the sole purpose of getting drunk and who knows get high too off meth. I'd never done drugs before but at this point, I was past caring. I was a light weight and it didn't take long before the alcohol hit my system.

Since I'm very paranoid, I looked over myself and was very relieved to find all members still intact. Lifting my shirt, I made sure I didn't have any fresh stitches or pain. Someone could have taken my liver, kidneys or any of my precious organs.
Satisfied all my body parts were intact, I looked at the room more closely.

To call it a room was more of an overstatement. It was smaller than my closet and was modestly furnished with cheap and average quality stuff but it wasn't bad, at least it was pretty tidy. Clothes neatly hung in the slightly open wardrobe and books neatly arranged on the reading table beside.
Did I do something wilder than getting drunk last night? Like maybe....God forbid, sleep with a stranger? Stretching my legs wide, I felt myself under like that would tell me if something happened. Well, I wasn't sore but I began to panic again.

"Deep breaths, Mia. Deep breaths ".

I quietly got off the bed , feet sinking into plush carpeting. Well at least he got this one right, maybe he has abit taste afterall. Wait, how do I even know if its a he or she? One thing is clear though, I have no intention of meeting him...or them.
Before I could walk out the room, a missed a step and came crashing down heavily. Out of reflex , I gave out a loud scream and just immediately I regretted it as I heard footsteps fast approaching where I was.

'Oh my God, they are coming for me', I panicked and as if that wasn't enough, the thought of kidnap crossed my mind and I panicked the more. Of course, it all started to make sense now as that's the only logical explanation I'd be in this ....this...this kind of place. Oh my helpless and drunk self must have been the sight of every kidnapper's wet dream.

I painfully got off the floor as I scampered back to the room, darting fearful eyes at all corners of the room hoping to see some sort of weapon to defend myself with and that's when my kidnapper rushed into the room and I was stunned.

"You?", I asked suprised. "You're the kidnapper?"

He looked taken aback as I called him a kidnapper.

"Wait, what?", he asked surprised as he took a step closer.

"Don't get any closer", I said alarmed.

"What is wrong with you?", he sighed in frustration. "So much for being a good samaritan", he muttered.

"What's that?", I asked wanting him to repeat himself.

"Whatever", he said as he clapped his hand once.

"Look you're fine and awake now which means you're good to go now. There's some bread and nutella in the fridge if you're hungry and if you're not then I suggest you leave now", he said.

I watched shocked as he so subtly told me to get the f**k out of his apartment. Of course I was glad that I was leaving his rather mediocre apartment but a part of me-the vain part of me- felt abit insulted with the way he was discarding me. I get that I might have made a mess out of myself in my drunken state last night and the fact that I was still covered in my own vomit wasn't the prettiest of sights but I'm Mia and I'm still a catch.
Maybe....maybe its because something happened last night. Something that would given him such boldness to talk to me like that, like I was just a nobody. What if we...we did it and now he feels like some king because he's had his way with me.

'Yeah, that must be it', I thought and with that I sprang off the bed to face him squarely.

"What happened last night?", I asked as I advanced closer to him.

"What do you mean?", he asked back taking a step back.

"Of course you'd play dumb, you pervert", I scoffed.

"Excuse you?", He said pissed.

"Watch yourself and that mouth. Don't you ever call me a perv in your life. Its not like I wanted any of this. You're the one who came to me last night, you're still the one that begged me to take you home".

"Yeah right. Blame it all on my drunk unreasonable state", I said. " I'm sure I also held a gun to your head too forcing you throw away your sense of responsibility and take advantage of my vulnerable state too", I replied sarcastically. Always trust a guy to play the 'you asked for it' card after he's had his way with a drunk girl. Well this one is in for it and after I'm done with him, he'll know better.

"Look I'm not in any mood for whatever delusional or twisted games you want to play now", he said unfazed at all. It was like he was not scared and unremsoreful of what he'd done.

"Oh...just wait to you see how delusional and twisted I can be", I said as I looked around for my phone. He just folded his arms and leaned against the doorpost looking more bored than rattled and that annoyed me the more.

"Where's my phone you pervert, you stolen that too?", I asked and smiled as the too cool expression on his face vanished when I called him a perv.

"I didn't take your phone lady and like I said before, I don't have the time for your rubbish now. I need to get to work now which is something I'm sure trust fund brats like you know nothing about so please leave now".

"Not my fault I'm rich and you're poor. Although I think that wouldbe the fault of your parents or maybe its yours...maybe you're just bad luck", I said making sure my knived words pierced that giant sized arrogance of his.

He was appeared hurt and didn't say anything fora while and even I felt that maybe I went too far with that one.

"That was low", he said softly and then smiled but the sadness didn't leave his eyes.

"Here, take my phone and call whoever you want to report too. It would be funny though, using your supposed kidnapper's or rapist's phone to report him.I'm going shower now. Please be gone by the time I'm done".
And with he went into what I assumed would be his bathroom. I walked to where he dropped his phone on the table and picked it up slowly. I contemplated calling our security or even my dad before I just sat back down, phone in hand.

Deep down, I had this feeling that he didn't or wouldn't do anything like what I had accused him of. I guess my ego was just bruised from the fact that maybe he didn't do anything because he didn't find me attractive enough. With a deep sigh, I pressed the power button and the phone unlocked.

"He does have a pin or password", I scoffed as I punched in one of numbers I knew at heart aside from mine and my parents. I felled back on the bed as I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello", Gina's voice came on.

"Hey G, its me", I replied.

"Mia...is that you? Girl, where are you?", she asked hurriedly. Obviously she was worried.

"I'm fine. I just had a little too much to drink last night. Can come pick me up pls? I think I lost my purse and phone so I can't order an uber or bolt", I requested.

"Wait, what?", she asked surprised.

"Listen G, I'll fill you up later when you come get me, ok?", I said.

"You better. Wait how do I even know where you are?", she asked and I mentally smacked my head as the realization that I didn't know where I was hit me. An idea came to me and I put the call on hold to see if he had the Find My Friends app and the joy I felt when I saw he had it was priceless.

"Okay Gina, just store this number temporarily and use your FMF app to locate me. Thanks alot girl", I said and ended the call. I closed my eyes and heaved a deep sigh to calm my nerves as I thought of my next step.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2021

Kk's POV

I closed my eyes as the hot water from the shower poured on my naked body. How I couldn't get over the soothing relief of a hot shower after all this time is still beyond me. It just doesn't get old.
I really hope she's left already because I just can't deal with her now. My short leave from work was over and now I was already an hour late for my weekend shift which already meant a deduction from my salary. I turned off the shower and grabbed my towel hanging off the bathroom door to dry myself abit before tying it round my waist as I opened the door, praying in my mind for her to be gone. I'd already sworn in my mind that I wasn't going to be a good samaritan anymore. I peeked into my room and was glad when I saw no sign of her.

"Finally", I said as I dropped the towel and began to apply cream.

"So do you have any beverage I can eat this bread with......", Mia was saying as she barged into my room and in total shock that I wasn't the only one in house as I had thought earlier, I almost fainted.

"Aaahhhh!!", I screamed and quickly reached for my towel to cover myself.

"Aaahhhhhh!!", she screamed too.

"Why are you screaming? You're the one that barged in on me", I shouted.

"And you're the one who's stark naked in front of me. How could you do this when you know you've got a guest in your house?", she screamed back.

"One, I thought you were gone because if I remember correctly, I told you to leave my house. Two, guest? Really?.... A while ago you just accused me of taking advantage of you and now you're a guest?...Wow", I said as I got a hold of a boxer from my drawer and then I looked at her again in shock.

"Wait...why are you wearing my shirt and eating my bread?", I asked surprised.

"Duhh..", she started sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

"You didn't expect me to walk around in a puke infested dress all day did you? And as for the bread, you offered earlier, remember"?

"You know there's something called asking for permission. ...Its when you ask for someone's stuff before taking..", I was stating angrily while putting on the boxers before the rude brat cut me off.

"Oh please, I know what permission means. I'm not five but what's done is done and now that you're abit decent now, can you get me a cup of tea or some beverage I can take the bread with?", she asked or more like demanded.

"You egostical entitled brat", I scoffed, placing my hands on my waist. "Last time I checked this is my house not one of daddies mansions filled with helps so if you want a cup of tea then go to the kitchen and make yourself a damn cup of tea!", I retorted.

"Geez man..easy. So much venom. I only asked for a cup of tea not your favourite child's head. Geez", she said as she made her way to the kitchen.

I felt bad I yelled at her like that as I dressed up. I was better than that and as much as I disliked her behaviour, I was taught to always be hospitable to people in my home and not dump all my baggage on them even when they act like an a***.

"Hey...uhmm I...I'm sorry I yelled at you. I was just being a jerk and I'm sorry about that", I apologized as I joined her in the kitchen. She scoffed as she turned away from me to focus on her, no my food.

"Okay...that went well", I said to myself as I got a satchet of nescafè from the cupboard. We didn't say anything to each other again for a while. She was donw with her food now while I just sat there, sipping my coffee not minding that I was already late for my shift.

"I'm sorry too", I heard Mia say quietly. She was still backing me so I couldn't see her facial expression. I smiled as I took another sip from my coffee.

Maybe she isn't as bad as I'd thought.

" I shouldn't have accussed you like that especially seeing how you took care of me last night. You could have just left me in the club at the mercy of perverted predators but you took me in and even let me sleep in your bed. Thanks alot I appreciate ", she continued and finally turned to face me.

"Oh, its all good. I'm sure anybody would have done the same in m position", I said trying my best to sound modest but inside my head was swelling. She made a funny face at me as if to say "you sure?"

"Okay maybe not everybody but a huge chunk of people would do the same as me in my position ", I said laughing and she smiled.

"Yeah maybe. I called someone to come get me so pretty soon I'd be out of your hair", she said.

"Ohh...and here I was thinking I was drinking my last of cup of coffee before the cops come to lock me up for taking advantage of you", I teased and she smacked me hard.

"Ooowwm", she whined covering her face in shame. " I just apologized now. Oya sorry again", she apologized again and I laughed.

" I'm just joking na", I said laughing as I rubbed the place she smacked me.

"Damn girl, your hand hurts pretty bad", I grimaced still rubbing the spot and she brought her tongue out to mock me.

"Wait, just figured out I don't even know my saviour's name", She said as she propped her elbows on the table and supported her chin with fingers laced together, looking me right in the face and boy, she really is beautiful....almost as beautiful as Nonye.

"You can call me KK, everyone calls me that", I said. Thoughts of Nonye of came rushing back to me and I felt down again.

"KK?...not bad. I think I'll just call you K, that's if we ever meet again. Well I'm..."

"Mia. I know who you are", I cut in, smiling at her shocked look.

"How...how...you know me?", she asked.

"Who doesn't and besides we're in the same Political analysis class", I said as I stood up to wash my cup.

"Wait...you go to Regal?", she asked surprised.

"Would I be living in the dorm if I wasn't a student here?", I asked while I rinsed the cup.

"This is the dorm...like we are in the school dorm now?", she asked again and I rolled my eyes.

"Are you just going to repeat everything I say as a question?", I said turning to face her.

"No, its not that. Its just that....just that I haven't seen you around before", she said uneasily.

" Yeah, how can her royal highness ever take notice of us commoners", I replied sarcastically as I gave her a mock bow and she smiled.
"You're not serious ", she said and moments later, my phone rang out and an unknown caller ID displayed on the screen.

"Uh guess its your friend calling", I said passing the phone to her.

"Oh hey G...ok you're down? Alright I'll be out in a minute", she said as she hung up and handed me back the phone.

"My friend Gina is here now".

"Right. Let me just grab my keys then we'd go", I said a I grabbed my car keys and house key card, hung my backpack before scanning to check if I was forgetting anything.

Soon we were down already and its wasn't hard to spot Gina at all. There's no way anyone could have missed the girl leaning against a black shiny 2020 Range Rover Autobiography.

"I'm guessing that's Gina", I said as I looked at her direction and Mia nodded in affirmation.

"Sweet ride", I whistled.

"I know right. She's got them in white, blue and pink too", she said so casually and I think I choked on my salvia.

"Hey Mia....are you okay?", Gina asked away immediately we got to her.

"I'm good G...thanks for coming to get me", Mia said. "Uhm...this is K. He's my saviour".

Gina made a face at me, ignoring my out stretched hand for a handshake and turned back to Mia, looking over body as if checking out for injuries. I smiled as I withdrew my hands and looked to Mia as she gave me an apologetic smile.

"Uhm...I'll be off now. Take care Mia. Bye Gina, nice meeting you", I said as I walked to my car.

"Hey! Wait ", I heard Mia call out as I unlocked the car door.

" what's up?", I asked as she got to me.

"Yeah, so about today. Uhmm.....I'd appreciate it if word about it doesn't get out. No one can know about it", she said pleadingly and I smiled. Of course, what was I expecting, that a small playful convo was going to somehow make us friends?

"Right. All hell would let loose if word got out that you were hanging out with a commoner like me. What a horrible taboo?", I said smiling and she just looked away.

"Well if that's all, I'd like to get going mow", I said as I got into the car. She opened her mouth as if to say something but closed it back and I just drove out. The last thing I needed in my life now was more drama so I guess its better this way...TBC

8 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Taniaa(f): 10:51am On Jun 18, 2021
fflwing bumper to bumper
Re: Unrequited by Ann2012(f): 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2021
[quote author=Herbiedeen post=102800769]Khriztarl my ex wife....
Enirock my gee.....

Cumman see suntin oh grin[/quote
Oya oooo
Re: Unrequited by juninhouj: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
Very cool story..... Loving it��
But we need more pls
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 3:28am On Jun 20, 2021
Nice story you have here
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thanks for the comments...two more on tuesday.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
Herbiedeen:
Khriztarl my ex wife....
Enirock my gee.....

Thanks for the mentions man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.