Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Unrequited - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (136760 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by MDBrand: 6:28pm On May 04, 2022
jullyrosy:
Moura7
You haven't even updated your story
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 10:30pm On May 04, 2022
MDBrand:

So what should I do with dis piece of information??

Are u moura7?
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 10:32pm On May 04, 2022
MDBrand:

If u ginger me d way I ginger my friend moura7 u think I won't find a way to update? I'm not a ghost reader like u....and I gave reasons y I haven't updated my story.
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 10:45pm On May 04, 2022
Moura7 send me my cake in form of update ooo
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:32pm On May 05, 2022

Kk

It's been about two weeks since we started the open mic at PM and I've never been happier throughout my time here. The impact here has been massive; our customers have almost tripled in size. Our social media presence too has been great and it's all thanks to Nonye. She's really good at what she does. She even had couple A-list celebrities retweet us and some have even come around and given shoutouts on their Insta stories.
The reception to this idea has been mind blowing and I thank God it all turned out great because I'm not sure I'd still be with a job if the reverse was the case. To crown it all, Mia has been really supportive and understanding, especially with the whole Nonye working with me thingy. I just can't help but love her more, seeing the effort she's putting in to make this work. The truth is that, if she had insisted that I don't work with Nonye, I would have agreed. I would have been angry and a bit disappointed but in the end, I'd have agreed to it because dumb as it seems, I don't think I can bear to not have her in my life. It's like she owns me. Her presence in my life has transformed it in a way I never thought possible. She makes me feel happy-- like there this joy I feel when she looks at me, her eyes full of love. She makes me feel I can actually dream, like I can do something with my life. Before Mia, it was like I was letting life live me and not me, living life. I had no dreams, no passion for anything at all. I felt school was a waste of time and I was comforted with my job as a waiter as long as it kept food in my belly. My unrequited love --infatuation-- with Nonye and the rejection from my mum's family had unconsciously messed me up emotionally. I didn't even know I was messed up before she came. I'd already concluded there's no way anyone would ever accept me as I am and that made me automatically put up walls around me, especially when someone was trying to be nice to me. I could never trust anybody. The exceptions were my grandparents, Nonye, Dayo and to an extent, Dayo's family.
Now all of a sudden, she comes from nowhere and turns everything inside out.    Honestly, sometimes I wait for her to come to her senses and realize that she's too good for me and just leave. Most times, I look at her and I wonder how in the world, someone like me could have someone like her. I'm deeply in love with her and it scares me that she has such power over me but still I don't want to have it any other way.

I gave final instructions to the waiters on what to do when the show was over before rushing to locker room to change and head back home to my girl. We started calling open mic nights shows because our customers seemed to enjoy the performances than they did the food which was also delicious by the way. Getting to my locker room, I was met a pleasant surprise. Mia was at the door waiting for me.

"Hey babe", I greeted as I hastened my steps to catch up with her.

"Hi", she replied and pecked my lips.

"You look stunning as usual", I complimented. "What's up, I thought we'd meet at home?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was bored and Gina suggested we come here, so we did. Oh and Dave too, he invited himself", she said the last part making an annoyed face and I laughed.

"Sure", I smiled and looked sideways to make sure no one was looking before taking a step closer to her. "And you're sure that's the only reason you're here now?", I whispered and kissed her neck. "Not because you missed me?", I asked softly, while I caressed her neck with bridge of my nose, at the same time taking in her sweet fragrance.

"That too", she whispered in a tone that came out more as a moan. I smiled at that and pulled away just enough for me to look into her eyes before going for her lips.

"Ahem-mhen!!", someone cleared their throat suddenly, making us pull away from each other with the speed of light.

"Oh hey--Nonye", I said, feeling a bit embarrassed. "You--you're ready to go?"

"Uh..yes. I'm sorry for interrupting", she apologised, an amused expression on her face.

"And yet you did", I heard Mia mutter but I ignored it.

"Yeah, okay. See you later then", I said.

"Yeah, I didn't come with my car. It has issues and I was wondering if you could give me a ride home...that's if its no trouble", she requested. I opened my mouth to reply but just didn't know what to say. I wanted to help, I really did but I also didn't want to push my luck with Mia. I looked to her for a sign or something and she answered me by looking away.

"I..I'm really sorry Nonye but Mia and I are having dinner here now", I explained. "Uh, let me order you an uber", I offered quickly and got out my phone.

"Oh .its okay. Its nothing really, I'll just do that myself. You, have a good night okay?", she said and walked away.

"Bye Nonye", Mia whispered in a happy mocking tone and I just smiled at her.

"You really are something, you know that right", I said to her, amused at her gimmicks.

"I try", she shrugged.

"You know, I really appreciate you trying with Nonye. I know its hard".

"No biggie", she smiled up at me. "Oh, the things we do for the people we love", she sighed heavily.

"If only people could see the angel that I see", I pinched her cheeks playfully and she hit my hand away laughing.

"Let's not get carried away though", she laughed. There are still times I want to lock her up in a container and let it sink in the ocean".

"Well, thank for you for restraining your psychotic self from doing that", I joked and she hit my arm.

"You know I love this psycho", she said.

"A lot", I replied and she smiled, leaning up to peck me.

"Now, go change. People are waiting for us, remember?"

"Yeah yeah", I reluctantly let her go and walked into the male locker room.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:33pm On May 05, 2022
Contd

After a quick shower in the employees' washroom and a change of clothes, I was good to go. With our fingers laced together, Mia and I walked to our table where Gina and Dave seemed to be in some sort of argument. It didn't look heated at all, rather it seemed like the type couples have when choosing names for their unborn children.

"Oh, you guys decided to show up afterall", Gina said we got to the table.

"And you guys seem to be getting along well", I said as I drew the seat backwards for Mia to sit down.

"Yeah, but not as well as what made you guys take that long before coming here. I hoped you washed your hands bro" , Dave replied so brazenly.

"Eeewww", Gina expressed her disgust and I just sighed in frustration. He just says the first thing that comes to his mind without even thinking it through.

"You guys ordered yet?", I asked seeing as the table was still empty except for the cocktails Gina and Dave were having before we came.

"Yeah, about fifteen month ago", G replied and I looked around to see if any waiter was coming our way.

"Let me go and see what's wrong", I said as I stood. My tummy was already protesting with embarrassing sounds

"Want me to join you?", Mia offered.

"Nah, I'll be fine", I leaned in and pecked her. "Be right back".

"Oh my God!", G exclaimed. "We get it. You guys are in love so stop with the PDA oppression. Some of us are single here".

"Not for long", Dave smiled, staring at her.

"Yeah right", she rolled her eyes but I, in fact, none of us missed the small curve of a smile at the corner fo her lips after she said that.

"You know what?", Dave said, standing up. "I'll follow you. I need to stretch my legs too".

"Okay", I agreed and we set out towards the kitchen.

"So you and Gina seem to getting along pretty well", I said as we got to the kitchen.

"Yeah bro, taking it a step at a time. Did a little background check on her to know stuff she's interested in and did a little study on them", he replied.

"Wow, nice", I bumped fists with him. "But you do know that's some borderline stalker sh*t, right?"

"Its not like I'm hiding in the trees looking at her through her window. Its just a harmless cyberstalking to get to know my future wife better", he said and I laughed.

"You're so full of yourself", I said. "But seriously bro, be careful not to cross any boundaries", I advised.

"Sure thing bro", he nodded. "So...", he began and I just knew what next was coming. "How's Nonye?", he completed and I rolled my eyes.

"She's good; she just left a few minutes ago", I answered dryly.

"Shadrach!", I called out to one of the waiters. "You know who suppose bring the orders for table 12?"

"Yes, na me. Na chef chi I dey wait. She stil dey run am", he replied.

"Abeg as she just finish, do fast bring am come. They don dey wait you tire", I pleaded and he nodded in affirmation.

"You guys haven't talked about it till now right?", he asked again as we came out of the hot kitchen.

"Talked about what?", I asked like I didn't know what he was on about.

"Mmhmm", he hummed. "Like you don't know I'm talking about the kiss".

"Look man, there's nothing to talk about. She was just in a bad place then and acted on impulse. It didn't mean anything".

"Really?", he chuckled. "Look maybe it didn't mean anything to you but what about her, huh? What if the kiss meant something to her?"

"I don't know why you're bringing this up now. She kissed me impulsively and she apologised. That's it, nothing more and we've moved on from that  night since", I said, beginning to get annoyed with him trying to make a big deal out of this when its nothing.

"Alright man, if you say so", he said with hands in the air a bit to show he's letting it go. " I'll just say this bro and then I'll shut up.
If she doesn't have any agenda why is she working here with you?  You do know she could have helped without actually  being employed here, right?", he asked and without waiting for a reply, continued moving.

"Why is everybody getting worked up over this?", I asked as I caught with him. "You're even beginning to sound like Mia now and even she, has let it go".

"So have I", he replied. "Got enough on my plate as it is already", he said as we got within sight of our table. Only that, there were now three people at our table and the third person who seemed to be a guy, was on my seat next to Mia and was infact talking to her.

"Wait, who's that at our table?", Dave asked once we got closer.

"Don't know but--", I was saying but paused when the guy turned towards us and I caught a clear view of his face.

"Caleb", I muttered.....TBC

8 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Sochee123: 7:54pm On May 05, 2022
Moura... you're just too good abeg!!!
I am so glued to this story...thank you for this masterpiece!!

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by samtoolz(m): 10:20pm On May 05, 2022
Thanks for this Moura, I’ll be back next month for the next update
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 11:33pm On May 05, 2022
Oliver twist
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nice one moura7
Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:11am On May 06, 2022
Thanks a bunch OP
Re: Unrequited by TwoFourSeven(m): 9:40pm On May 06, 2022
Nice one Moura, you're the best
Re: Unrequited by TwoFourSeven(m): 9:42pm On May 06, 2022
samtoolz:
lol.... next month ?
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:50pm On May 06, 2022
samtoolz:

Lol...you know it.
Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:39am On May 07, 2022
Please how can I get the full story??
Biko no refer me to OkadaBooks ooo grin grin
Re: Unrequited by judinho07(m): 2:28pm On May 07, 2022
"nice 1 bro...but dix ur next month no follow'ooo..!!!?
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:41pm On May 08, 2022
YoungBruzzy:
Please how can I get the full story??
Biko no refer me to OkadaBooks ooo grin grin

Nah...no full story for now. I update here as soon as I get an idea/inspiration, which is why I asked for y'all for your takes cause the way it is now, y'all might not like the turn the story might take.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Timiprince(m): 8:27pm On May 08, 2022
Moura7:

Nah...no full story for now. I update here as soon as I get an idea/inspiration, which is why I asked for y'all for your takes cause the way it is now, y'all might not like the turn the story might take.

Make e nor turn anything to Nonye, Dayo n Caleb favor abeg.... I fit just close this thing
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 7:22am On May 09, 2022
Moura7:

Make d turn sha no affect mia and her guy o cos I go rub. ..Lol
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 7:22am On May 09, 2022
jullyrosy:

Make d turn sha no affect mia and her guy o cos I go rub. ..Lol

Run*
Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2022
Moura7:

Any which way na way cheesy But na God I take beg you, no let any bad thing happen to Mia And K biko

You too much our wonderful OP wink
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2022
Let's see sha....I suppose update Wednesday evening sha. Let's see what Caleb wants.

Modified

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:33pm On May 10, 2022
Moura7:
Let's see sha....I suppose update Wednesday evening sha. Let's see what Caleb wants.

Modified

Evening don reach o
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:34pm On May 10, 2022
jullyrosy:

Evening don reach o

Moura7
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 12:25am On May 11, 2022
Moura7
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 5:44pm On May 11, 2022
jullyrosy:
Moura7

Moura7
Re: Unrequited by treasuree95(f): 8:41pm On May 11, 2022
Waiting.....
Re: Unrequited by samfrancis1(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2022
Here already…
Re: Unrequited by Mobecs(f): 12:58am On May 12, 2022
Impatiently waiting
Re: Unrequited by abubakarbabang7(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2022
Which one is impatiently waiting again??
Mobecs:
Impatiently waiting

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:14pm On May 12, 2022
Moura7 hope ure ok?
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 6:18pm On May 12, 2022
jullyrosy:
Moura7 hope ure ok?
I'm good....sorry for the no show. Working on it, would upload when I'm done.
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 8:11pm On May 12, 2022
Moura7:

I'm good....sorry for the no show. Working on it, would upload when I'm done.

Let it be today ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.