Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Unrequited - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (136765 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2022
Moura7:
New update tomorrow
That will be great bro. You are doing a very good job
Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Moura7:
New update tomorrow
Nice... No pressure, take your time
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2022

Mia

I clenched and unclenched my fists as I sat nervously in car asking myself if what I was about to do was the best thing. This was uncharted territory for me and way beyond my comfort zone. The things that love makes us do, right?

I never thought there would come a time in my life I'd be so into a boy that I would be the one going to meet his parents or in this case, his grandparents for permission.

"Just play it cool, Mia. You got this", I encouraged myself and stepped out of the car. I inhaled and exhaled before I walked inside the small restaurant before me. The inside looked quite spacious in contrast to its outside appearance. The interior decor of the restaurant was quite decent, not that I was expecting something worse, just that considering its status, location and caliber of customers, I didn't expect it to be this good. I could spot two standing air conditioners at either ends of the restaurant, neatly arranged tables which were almost full, four flat screen TVs strategically set at the four walls of the restaurant where customers could see them comfortably. Then there was a counter where two girls who I'm guessing were employees manned, taking orders of customers. There was a back door where the girls where coming in and going out of; maybe that was an office or kitchen.

I located an empty table and walked cautiously to it. I hesitated before sitting down. The chair didn't look neat enough off for me. I made a silent prayer against any disease contraction as I sat down.

'Maybe this wasn't such a good idea', I thought. I mean it's not like I'm getting married to K or something. We're just dating and honestly, I don't think I need his grandparents' blessing for that.

'So you don't think your relationship with K would lead to marriage?', a voice in my head asked and I sighed in frustration at the pickle I'd overthought myself into. I hated it whenever that voice in my head starts talking. Usually it came in the form of my conscience during my 'mean girl' days and other days it manifested in the form of anxiety but now I don't even know the form it's taking now.  About my relationship with K taking the next step, well I don't know. I think we just be focused on the now and the future would take care of itself.

"Yeah, that's right", I muttered to myself, smiling that I had defeated that self righteous prick of a voice or conscience or whatever stupid form it chooses to manifest its annoying self. To be honest, it was led me here in the first place. Lately, I had this feeling that my relationship with K was putting a strain on his relationship with his grandparents. Sometimes they call when we're together and he starts acting uncomfortable. Sometimes he even ignores their calls when we are together and anytime I bring it up he says he's waiting for the right time to tell them about me and as much as it sounds lame and pisses me off, I understand him. I mean I haven't also told my dad about K too though it's a bit different with me. K adores his grandparents and would really want their blessings while I don't really care what my dad says or thinks. I love my dad but he knows it's my life and decisions and respects them.
I also understand them too, after the nightmare they went through with one rich family, it's only normal that they would be overly wary of a similar scenario playing out now. I'll just everything play out naturally and whenever K is ready, I'll be ready with him.

Feeling at peace again with my myself, I stood up to go and just as I was few feet away from the entrance, I felt someone tap me.

"Ah oyinbo, are you leaving already?", I heard someone ask from behind. The voice sounded feminine and kind of advanced in age; definitely not the girls I saw at the counter.

''Oh my God'', I gasped lowly as it dawned on me that this might K's grandmother. I began to panic as I contemplated ignoring her and bolting for the exit. If only I wasn't wearing heels right now.

'Oh wow!!', my eyebrows shot up in surprise as I turned to her. Anyone would know that she must have been a head turner in her youth. Granny's really fine.

"Uh..mm..yeah", I stuttered. I was scared to face her before, now I'm scared and intimidated by her beauty. Grandpa really struck a goldmine with her

"Oh..already?", she asked. "You don't want anything?"

"Uh...not really. I've got something to do now", I answered hurriedly.

"Uh..okay..but we can pack it up for you to go", she persisted and I grimaced out of frustration.

"Don't think I can wait that long, Ma", I rejected politely and she just smiled and shook her head calmly.

"Its ok", she replied. "You've already made up your mind not to patronize us so no wahala. You can go", she stated and turned her back to go leaving me shocked at her statement. That was very rude and presumptuous.

"Its not like that ma. I rea--",

"And I said you should go or am I holding you?", she retorted and I clenched my fists tight. If she wasn't K's granny, Lords knows what I would said to her.

I turned to go but just as I reached the entrance, I turned back. This wouldn't be the right way to get off with my boyfriend's family. Maybe I should just a thing or two, you know. It's not like I really have any urgent appointment. Who knows, we might just hit it off after all.

"Uhm...please wait!", I called out to her retreating self and walked faster to catch up with her. "I'm really sorry for my behaviour earlier ma. I think I'll have something now", I calmly apologised. She looked at me angrily for a while before she heaved a sigh and then smiled at me. I let out the breath I was holding when she smiled. I thought I had blown my chance with her. Honestly, I don't really get why I want to be good with her so bad; why does her validation matter so much to me?

"You don't have to", she said, still smiling. "Don't want it to seem like I'm forcing or something like that o".

"No ma", I objected politely. "You're not forcing me. I really want to eat something"

"You can have a seat then while I go get you the menu", she said, smiling warmly at me.

"Okay", I replied and sat down. The table I chose was directly facing one of the TVs. They were showing a nollywood movie so I just decided to watch as a means to pass time before she got back with the menu.

"Okay, here you go", she gave the menu to me. "Just pick what you want and I'd quickly fix it up".

Without wasting time I picked jollof rice, not because it was what I wanted but because that was like the only meal I knew there. Most of the meals were local dishes I'd never eaten before and experimenting just wasn't my thing.

In no time my food was brought to me and as I took the first spoon of rice, it was like all my senses but that of taste just shut up.
I didn't even know when I finished it and ordered another one. I almost offered her a job to become my in-house chef but stopped myself. She might see it as an insult and even if she doesn't, K would surely object to it.

A short while after I finished eating, I prepared to go and signalled to one of the girls to get my bill.

"Sis, madam say make I let am know anytime you wan comot. She say make I no collect any money", the girl said to me in pidgin.

"Oh ok", I said, surprised as to why she wanted to see me.

"Make I go call am", the girl said and left.

Few minutes later, K's grandma came out accompanied by the girl.

"You're ready to go?", she asked as she got to me.

"Yes ma", I answered.

"Okay, umm.. can I just have a word with you before you leave?" She asked.

"Okay..sure", I agreed hesitantly. I had this uneasy feelings about the whole thing.
"Hope no problem, Ma", I asked, just to be sure all was good.

"Oh, of course darling", she chuckled. "I just have one question?"

"Okay, what is it?"

"Who are you?", she asked looking at me dead in the eye...TBC

6 Likes

Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
Whaaaaaaat cheesy I hope it’s not what I’m thinking sha.
Thanks a lot OP
You are the best
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Contd

Shocked at her sudden question, I just sat there petrified for some moments. What does she mean by that question? Does she know who I am already?

"Uh--what--I don't--I don't get ma", I stuttered. My palms got sweaty all of a sudden. "Do you mean my name or where I'm from?" I asked.

"Calm down dear", she smiled. "No need to get all worked up. Are you the owner of that big car parked outside?" She asked.

"Uh..yeah", I replied , unsure why she asked. How was that relevant to the situation now.

"Okay", she nodded. "You see, I saw you drive in here. I noticed how you seemed worried and hesitant to come in. You didn't seem like you just came to eat. I mean look at you and the car you're driving, it's obvious you don't eat at places like this. So there must something that brought you here and that's what I want to know", she stated calmly and I sighed in relief momentarily because I wasn't really off the hook yet.

"That was why I tried my best to keep you from leaving when you wanted to go", she added. "So tell me dear, am I in trouble?", she asked jokingly and I chuckled. I guess she saw how uneasy I was and wanted to lighten the atmosphere as she probed me about my identity.

"Okay"-, I began. "Well, you're right Ma. I did come here for something or rather someone other than the food. I came because of your grandso--"

"Onyekachi!!?", she exclaimed, cutting me off. "Ah, what's wrong with him? Is he okay?" She asked alarmed as she brought out her phone and began typing frantically on her phone. I was guess she wanted to call him.

"No no ma, that's not it. He's okay, he's fine", I said in a bid to calm her down which seemed to work a little. She put the phone down and looked at me, the worry still her eyes.

"Are you sure?", she asked and I nodded. "Then what happened or has he gotten himself into trouble? Did he damage any property, yours by any chance. Is that why you're here? To make us pay?", she went on another worrycoaster. In some way I liked her worry; it's been a while I had someone worry about me like this..except K of course.

"No ma", I tried to reassure her but she was having none of it. She'd begun making wild assumptions, one of which was that I'd gotten K locked up till he paid for what he 'damaged'. Old people can be that extreme with their assumptions.

"Ah! What does this boy want me to do now", she continued lamenting. "Why can't--"

"I'm his girlfriend!!", I blurted out all of a sudden before I could stop myself. I dramatically threw my palm over my mouth just in case it wanted to add, "We're in love and dating and you can do nothing about it".

"Excuse me, what did you just say?", granny asked, a stunned expression on her face....TBC

7 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Abdulreheem(m): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
so interesting.can't wait to read more. op thanks for the post more ink to ur elbow
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
Welcome back bro and thanks for the update. Anticipating more action
Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ghen Ghen..... Thanks my g
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 9:45am On Jun 30, 2022
Moura7 this suspense is too much na. Anyway thanks for the update.
Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 10:03am On Jun 30, 2022
This guy! You'll kill someone with suspense o!

Oliver Twist mode reactivated
Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2022
This Mia grin grin grin
Thanks OP
Re: Unrequited by Monoke: 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Finally!!
Thanks Moura
Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 11:56am On Jul 03, 2022
Nice one moura...
Re: Unrequited by EvidenceOfGrace: 10:47am On Jul 05, 2022
Thanks for the Update
Re: Unrequited by Bukolaberry(f): 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
wow thanks for the update
Re: Unrequited by Debbieadewumi09(f): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
cry cry cry
M
O
U
R
A
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
Thanks guys... Let's see what Thursday is gon be like. Meanwhile, don't forget to go for July WOSE at salvation ministries.

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Mobecs(f): 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
Moura7:
Thanks guys... Let's see what Thursday is gon be like. Meanwhile, don't forget to go for July WOSE at salvation ministries.

Eskiss me sir, today is thulsday�
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
We still dey hia o
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lol... Make una no vex o

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Abdulreheem(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2022
drop episode naaaaaah
Re: Unrequited by Bsonkid(m): 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
Moura...the truth is that keeping ur audience waiting for long before posting an update can possibly make them loose interest. Don't be keeping us waiting and don't be making empty promises....its not good

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by animides(m): 12:37am On Jul 18, 2022
Like the whole vibes of the story don die, the guy no try.

Bsonkid:
Moura...the truth is that keeping ur audience waiting for long before posting an update can possibly make them loose interest. Don't be keeping us waiting and don't be making empty promises....its not good
Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
Moura nor get old man picture for house. He nor dey respect elders.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2022
efeteb:
Moura nor get old man picture for house. He nor dey respect elders.

shocked shocked
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
Lol... Make una sha calm down. I never work my phone and ideas wey I don note down for there don wipe. It really hurt me so excuse me if I don't feel any motivation to continue this story at the moment--maybe later but not now. Had even scribbled down some ideas for my new story--very sharp romance thriller-- everything's gone now. Omo! Peace guys

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
Moura7:
Lol... Make una sha calm down. I never work my phone and ideas wey I don note down for there don wipe. It really hurt me so excuse me if I don't feel any motivation to continue this story at the moment--maybe later but not now. Had even scribbled down some ideas for my new story--very sharp romance thriller-- everything's gone now. Omo! Peace guys
This is not encouraging at all. Instead of starting a new series, why not take your time to complete this

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by oloyedprince1(m): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2022
doctorexcel:

This is not encouraging at all. Instead of starting a new series, why not take your time to complete this
A lot of Uncompleted stories on Nairaland, it’s so sad to be reading uncompleted stories everytime

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:17am On Jul 21, 2022
doctorexcel:

Bro I don't how it is for other storytellers but in my case, once I get an idea or inspiration for a story I scribble it down but it usually comes at the oddest times. I might just be solving maths and boom, I just get an idea. This peculiarity makes it hard for me to remember them at times so that I was scribbling down stuff for a new story doesn't mean I've abandoned 'unrequited'. I just haven't been inspired enough. Normally, I won't bother to explain myself but you've been a day one reader since 'undecided' and I respect you enough to do so.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Moura7:

Bro I don't how it is for other storytellers but in my case, once I get an idea or inspiration for a story I scribble it down but it usually comes at the oddest times. I might just be solving maths and boom, I just get an idea. This peculiarity makes it hard for me to remember them at times so that I was scribbling down stuff for a new story doesn't mean I've abandoned 'unrequited'. I just haven't been inspired enough. Normally, I won't bother to explain myself but you've been a day one reader since 'undecided' and I respect you enough to do so.
I sincerely appreciate the effort you put into writing your stories, considering every other daily activities that also need your attention. My words were just yearning of a lover of good write up. No malice intended bro. One love

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by paperlord007(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
Read all the chapters at once. Amazing story, captivating and all. More Muscle to continue this story bro. Please take your time…��

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.