Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,486 members, 7,781,458 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:46 PM

Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) (103079 Views)

Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive / Harrison Gwamnishu Builds House For Parents For Their Support When He Was Jailed / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Islie: 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
Yahaya Ahmed says the house was built to encourage recycling of waste materials, create jobs and ensure a safer environment

A Nigerian has built a house in Kaduna using 14,800 sand-filled plastic bottles as bricks.

Yahaya Ahmed, an engineer and the director of a non-governmental organisation, Developmental Association of Renewable Energies in Nigeria (DARE), said the house was built by his organisation to encourage recycling of waste materials, create jobs and ensure a safer environment in Nigeria.

Mr Ahmed said workers filled the plastic bottles with sand and linked them at the neck by an intricate network of strings to build the house, which he said is the first of its kind in sub-Saharan Africa.

“It’s the cheapest house that everyone can construct without spending much money because the building materials are available on the streets and trash dump centres,” he told journalists at the site located at unguwar -Yalwa on the Kaduna Zaria road.

The house has three rooms, a toilet and a kitchen.

He said it is “20 times stronger than brick walls houses and can last for over 300 years if constructed properly and carefully. It is fireproof, bulletproof, earthquake-resistant and can adapt to all kinds of climate changes, desertification and deforestation.

“It is the cheapest house to build in this generation with waste plastic bottles on the streets polluting our environment and causing more problems like flood and other disasters in the communities.”

sand-filled plastic bottles used as bricks

‘Convenient to build’

Explaining the shape of the house, Mr Ahmed said bottle houses are often more convenient to build in a circular fashion. “The circular shape adds strength to the walls, while providing a very artistic and pleasing appearance.

“Any person with masonry skills can be used as labour in the construction of one of these homes. We have trained many youth and we are still training more youth and adults the various ways of constructing these houses across the country and some parts of Africa.”

He called for the training of more Nigerians to build plastic bottles houses.

Yahaya Ahmed standing outside his newly built plastic house

“We have plastic houses in some parts of Africa but this is the first one in the entire region of black Africa.

“Our joy is to train more youth the skills of this kind of housing so as to save our streets from the plastic bottles dominating our rivers and ponds, causing flood and other disasters.”

Speaking on the occasion, the assistant Director of African Climate Reporters, Piman Hoffman, urged the government to support renewable energy companies “to save the nation from the increasing threat of waste pollution through waste management plans.”

Mr Hoffman said “billions of plastic water and beverage bottles are discarded every year, with most making their way to landfills, the ocean, or, in poorer countries, disposed of in heaps”.

“It is really high time to encourage Nigerian engineers to embrace technology in constructing more houses that can stand all forms of ecological challenges.”

He noted that “plastics are a big threat to the existence of humans, animals and all living organisms”. He said more aquatic animals are now endangered due to the “irrational activities of dumping plastic bottles into the river and streams”.

“We must join hands toward saving aquatic animals from the threat of plastic pollution,” Mr Hoffman said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/438724-man-builds-house-with-14800-plastic-bottles-in-kaduna.html

137 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Hardgun: 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by UncleHaba22: 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
How did he thought of this idea creative man cool

In Kaduna
Herdsmen veiwed this post

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by TheStakeHolder(m): 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
Amazing...

Yahaya Ahmed , well done...

NCAN no go check the name now...

But if na drug or rituals, dem go run check name...

:-) grin

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by benpuzzy(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
UncleHaba22:
What do we call this talent or creativity cool
Creativity.

17 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by onoms4luv(m): 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2021
You mean that house was made of plastics

nothing we nor go see for naija Sha.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mine will be made with shipping containers. I designed it myself. Amateur design. As of now I’m the only one that understands the design. Lol.

258 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Cutehector(m): 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
You mean am . Nupe girls will be awed at this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by IduNaOba: 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
It's not new nah... These sahel regions do this alot. I dey see am online

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Psalmy2cute(m): 2:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hmm.. I dont even know what to call this.. rubbish?? Or creativity?

5 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2021
Just a stick of matches everything turn to dust

11 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by CodeTemplar: 2:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
He tried.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Northerners are very innovative.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by AroleOduduwa2: 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2021
Commendable, we need to save our planet.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by BigSarah(f): 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by ITbomb(m): 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:
Mine will be made with shipping containers. I designed it myself. Amateur design. As of now I’m the only one that understands the design. Lol.
I don't understand much, but I will think, it's too large for a container house, you may not be comfortable

I would prefer 4 containers max and probably 2 on top

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by shilenji(m): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
All i can say is.........

I have nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by bigjackass: 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Good for him

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by saferoom: 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wow
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
ITbomb:

I don't understand much, but I will think, it's too large for a container house, you may not be comfortable

I would prefer 4 containers max and probably 2 on top

It’s 3 40 foot containers for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Master bedroom and a smaller bedroom. I don’t want the house too big so I can easily clean it myself.

15 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by theFilmtric: 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
very nice Lalasticlala
theFilmtricsay
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Kingluqman(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
grin
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
Not an eco friendly concept.

2 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by solomon36670: 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
Amazing...Yahaya Ahmed , well done...

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by wiseone28: 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wow i will do same next week

2 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by KingMack(m): 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
I'd love to build a bar in this setting cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by REB3L(m): 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:

It’s 3 40 foot containers for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Master bedroom and a smaller bedroom. I don’t want the house too big so I can easily clean it myself. ���

What about heat?

2 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Ray07(m): 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:
you think say u hide the design grin

I sabi wetin u draw there wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
REB3L:

What about heat?

You can spray the inside of the container with a foam (can’t remember the name) and then clad it. I will also spray, clad and roof the ceiling and have 4 powerful AC’s running on solar energy 24/7 to keep out the heat. 2 in the morning/afternoon, the other two at night cheesy cheesy grin

17 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by leomarz007: 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:

you just made me reminisce of my previous plans of building a mobile portable caravan condor with a container. i still have the drawing on my cloud storage. I wish u well in that.

8 Likes

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 6:59pm On Jan 26, 2021
Ray07:
you think say u hide the design grin

I sabi wetin u draw there wink

Lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / Our Electrical Installations (conduit, Wiring & Fittings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.