Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) (103158 Views)

Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive / Harrison Gwamnishu Builds House For Parents For Their Support When He Was Jailed / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Segzy19: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hope those plastics won't degrade over time and start emitting dangerous stuffs? Have they considered whether there are health implications or not?
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:

It’s 3 40 foot containers for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Master bedroom and a smaller bedroom. I don’t want the house too big so I can easily clean it myself.

wait until LASG Task-Force on Container Containment reach ya haws grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
LaEvilIMiss:

wait until LASG Task-Force on Container Containment reach ya haws grin grin grin

Too funny. Laughter almost burst my belly.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
Segzy19:
Bro, you will spend more.
Buying containers
Then haulage (trailer that will move them site and crane than will position them)

Should be cheaper but not actually cheaper in Nigeria.. buying the container, trailer trips and crane logistics are the cost-incurring aspect...

Can you give me an estimate?
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by doctorherbal366(m): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2021
uuzba:

Oga, your container house will be hot O. Think and calculate again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUI3-0QkI0
In Europe and other cold countries, container house is a good idea. They insulate the inner walls with foam and plywood. That keeps the inside warm when the weather is cold outside.
In Nigeria, and Africa that is already hot, insulations will keep the inside HOTTER when the weather is already hot outside.
You'd need powerful AC inside to cool the house down on a hot day.
Whenever you search YouTube for "container home" you will always see America, Europe and other COLD countries. You won't see hot Africa.

Mr man there is nothing in this world the LORD can not do!

use your brains and think deeply on this.
for those of you that keeps saying container house will be hot and hotter during the day in Africa and beyond that's why its only been built in cooler climes like Europe.

then i will prove you wrong because there is nothing the LORD can not do!

all you have to do is think.

this is the way to excape the heat from container,
and for the young man planning to build a container house this is it.

reason with your heads to see that since they impute foams and plywood inside the container just to regulate and cool the heats.

why not you still apply that same foam and plywood in the outer body of the container.

that is to say make it the two sides and lets see if heat will be found there.

you all just needs to be creative enough.

am very sure any white folks reading this will want to try this out to see the difference.

this is the first time i will be sharing my secret out to the general public,

that's how it should be!

in anyways you all should try vote for an Igbo man to be our next president come 2023.
and you guys will be surprised we all Nigerians will even be building floating houses in seas and rivers across the nation.

am a typical Igbo man and had it been we rule this country by now we would have been selling to the whole world anti covid-19 medicine.

even the Chinese will bow before us!

and here we are been ruled by a Fulani who cant even pronounce his name well.

but i still find wisdom in this because the LORD uses stupid things to de-value and to shame the wise.

we have good learned professors and engineers,
even autopilot mechanical practisionals and high profile top business moguls.

but still yet we all are been ruled by someone who does not even know how to write well.

just as i have said here lets just plan the way forward and get rid of this madness.

if you want this APC government to be removed under a month i still got secret plans to share

but only to the serious folks and who are into politics.

i don't even mind if PDP can employ me for this great a task

this is my email if you need my top secret plans,
doctorherbal366@gmail.com

this plans can recoup all our losses.

and also if you are in APC too i can share with you top wicked plans that will make APC to remain in power forever.

i mean to rule this country forever!

the thing is am no political thug!

but am just a little guru who thinks the unimaginable about the future

#we move!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by IMAliyu(m): 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:

You can spray the inside of the container with a foam (can’t remember the name) and then clad it. I will spray, clad and roof the ceiling to prevent heat. I will also have 4 powerful AC’s running on solar energy 24/7 to keep out the heat. 2 in the morning/afternoon, the other two at night cheesy cheesy grin
I've seen similar designs on YouTube.
Quite interesting stuff.

If/when you decide to bring it to life, you mind keeping us updated on your journey?

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Excallibur(m): 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:
Mine will be made with shipping containers. I designed it myself. Amateur design. As of now I’m the only one that understands the design. Lol.
nice bro keep it up

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by rolams(m): 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
A house or what?
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by doctorherbal366(m): 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
IMAliyu:

Quite interesting stuff.

If/when you decide to bring it to life, you mind keeping us updated on your journey?

its very easy!

all you have to do is think and use your brains.

for there is nothing in this world the LORD can not do
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by geezynoni: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:
Mine will be made with shipping containers. I designed it myself. Amateur design. As of now I’m the only one that understands the design. Lol.
Which land you wan build am on

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 10:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
geezynoni:

Which land you wan build am on

I will buy the land.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Excallibur(m): 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
meobizy:
It's a good idea but meh. I see no reason why one will try this apart from conserving the environment.
it's very cheap
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Zooposki(f): 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2021
IMAliyu:

Quite interesting stuff.

No problem. I have to get a competent container builder. Not too sure we have them in this country.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by IMAliyu(m): 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2021
uuzba:

Oga, your container house will be hot O. Think and calculate again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUI3-0QkI0
In Europe and other cold countries, container house is a good idea. They insulate the inner walls with foam and plywood. That keeps the inside warm when the weather is cold outside.
In Nigeria, and Africa that is already hot, insulations will keep the inside HOTTER when the weather is already hot outside.
You'd need powerful AC inside to cool the house down on a hot day.
Whenever you search YouTube for "container home" you will always see America, Europe and other COLD countries. You won't see hot Africa.
Paint the outside white, to reflect as much heat as possible and add a few layers of insulation.

Someone would need to try it out to fully know whether it can be conducive in this environment.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by geezynoni: 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:

I will buy the land.
I love the idea tho..I hope it comes to reality some day.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by uuzba(m): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
doctorherbal366:

Mr man there is nothing in this world the LORD can not do!

use your brains and think deeply on this.
for those of you that keeps saying container house will be hot and hotter during the day in Africa and beyond that's why its only been built in cooler climes like Europe.

then i will prove you wrong because there is nothing the LORD can not do!

all you have to do is think.

this is the way to excape the heat from container,
and for the young man planning to build a container house this is it.

reason with your heads to see that since they impute foams and plywood inside the container just to regulate and cool the heats.

why not you still apply that same foam and plywood in the outer body of the container.

that is to say make it the two sides and lets see if heat will be found there.

you all just needs to be creative enough.

am very sure any white folks reading this will want to try this out to see the difference.

this is the first time i will be sharing my secret out to the general public,

that's how it should be!

in anyways you all should try vote for an Igbo man to be our next president come 2023.
and you guys will be surprised we all Nigerians will even be building floating houses in seas and rivers across the nation.

am a typical Igbo man and had it been we rule this country by now we would have been selling to the whole world anti covid-19 medicine.

even the Chinese will bow before us!

and here we are been ruled by a Fulani who cant even pronounce his name well.

but i still find wisdom in this because the LORD uses stupid things to de-value and to shame the wise.

we have good learned professors and engineers,
even autopilot mechanical practisionals and high profile top business moguls.

but still yet we all are been ruled by someone who does not even know how to write well.

just as i have said here lets just plan the way forward and get rid of this madness.

if you want this APC government to be removed under a month i still got secret plans to share

but only to the serious folks and who are into politics.

i don't even mind if PDP can employ me for this great a task

#we move!
I know you are a kid because your reply is filled up more with insult than any sense.
Well proceed with your stupidity.
Idiot..
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Greatuzoewulu: 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
Wonderful idea
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by BabbanBura(m): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2021
BigSarah:
With the kind of wind in northern Nigeria, if trees aren’t planted near this your plastic house...it’ll be blown away

I have always wondered is there is any brain in ya head, now I have an answer!
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Segzy19: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
I can't give you an estimate but I know that the containers are costly. You will surely spend 100s of thousand per container. You get to buy the containers in bulk at the port (Apapa, if you are in Lagos) or some abandoned ones used at construction work camp site

You buy the containers, then the onus of moving it to your location is on you.

You will need plenty containers to build your structure, depending on what you wanna build. Trailer will charge you haulage fee, depending on the distance (within the state or outside the state where you bought he containers)

You will rent cranes to load the containers on the truck and also need a crane waiting to unload the containers at the site where you want to use it.

Containers are not what you can just push around. So you better get you site and other structures ready so that the offloading crane will just help you place the containers where you will need them at once.

You will need crane to use during the construction phase to move or adjust the containers to the positions you want them on the structure you are building.

That's just for moving and handling of the containers.

Then working on the container
Cutting, Welding and grinding work
Installimg powerwith proper insulation
Flooring
Wall padding and sound proofing
Plumbing (water, drainage, toilet, bath)

Of course you will buy the land to place the containers on

Every other thing you will need for a proper house except maybe roofing sha...

Just do your proper cost analysis and compare to see which one will pay you properly considering all factors.

Zooposki:

Can you give me an estimate? I’m a lady by the way.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
Braintrain:
Eco friendly Illiterate I’m proud of you

Don't mind Nigerians and their unsustainable inventions.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
Braintrain:
Eco friendly Illiterate I’m proud of you

Don't mind Nigerians and their unsustainable "inventions."
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by meobizy(f): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
Excallibur:
it's very cheap
How cheap are you talking about here?
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by uuzba(m): 11:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
IMAliyu:

Paint the outside white, to reflect as much heat as possible and add a few layers of insulation.

Someone would need to try it out to fully know whether it can be conducive in this environment.
It is a great risk..
In Lagos, there are many shop owners who use metal for their shops. What I notice is that it is always hot inside.
Also, all those Julius Berger, Hi-tech, Cappa and D'alberto construction companies, they use container office as well. And with all their engineering knowledge, they have to put heavy AC inside. Even the ones painted white.
THEY do it because it's a temporary structure that they can easily transport to another building site.
What makes your design any better than theirs?
Test the waters first before committing your money to risk.
The northern part of Nigeria used to use clay/mud soil for local house and the house is cool inside.
That means you too must use a sand/silicon based material for your own house to be cool inside. Hence Cement that we widely use.
We used to use clay pot to store water in village and the water is cool.
Plastic or metal containers make the water hot.
Silicon is your best friend.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by doctorherbal366(m): 11:06pm On Jan 26, 2021
uuzba:

I know you are a kid because your reply is filled up more with insult than any sense.
Well proceed with your stupidity.
Idiot..

sorry to insult you sir!
but sometimes its good to wake up the brains with some harsh commands!

the LORD created the world with just a command!

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

and there was light!

so its good to wake ones brains too with such commands!
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Tundex911: 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
Rain!!!

Go away come again another day little yahaya wanna...
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by uuzba(m): 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
PatriotExact:

Don't mind Nigerians and their unsustainable "inventions."
Look, just keep tabs on the design the man did..let uss see how it goes after 1 year, 5 years.
Keep records and learn from history. We can't keep condeming anything we don't like or understand.
Let the man prove to himself and to us after 10 years, that the house was indeed a good idea.
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by realstars: 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2021
Good And Fine
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by GistFullGround: 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2021
UncleHaba22:
How did he thought of this idea creative man cool

In Kaduna
Herdsmen veiwed this post

It's not his idea; it's allover YouTube.

Do your research
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:
I am an architect that is interested in shipping containers usage in construction. Maybe I can help.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by Komu1048(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
He must be from southern Kaduna, we all know that northern kaduna flocks with Bornu
Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by stevebond007(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
Zooposki:

I be freak for container house...
But the price of container is a bit high.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) by David9119(m): 11:19pm On Jan 26, 2021
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Just a stick of matches everything turn to dust
.Man you bad oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.