Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. (5516 Views)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / Pls Help: Car Engine Turns Off And Dies When Car Is Put In Drive Or Reverse. / Samson Switchblade,World's 1st 2-Seater Flying Sports Car Goes On Sale Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by 3kay945(m): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
We need update on this issue. Some of us are using this your experience to learn. Sorry for the unnecessary expenses so far. sad
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by Mightyify(m): 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2021
I changed gearbox to solve this issue after trying other suggested solutions.
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by drmikeadams(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
alphaNomega:
I can bet Mightyify uses 20w-50 for this car
What's wrong with this bro??.that's what am using
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by homeboy205: 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
Mightyify:
I changed gearbox to solve this issue after trying other suggested solutions.

Mehn sorry about the expenses, but atleast you have peace of mind now…

Was there any explanation why the gear failed ??
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by Mightyify(m): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2021
homeboy205:

Mehn sorry about the expenses, but atleast you have peace of mind now…

Was there any explanation why the gear failed ??

Fibre got burnt inside the gearbox
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by MOTIONTECH(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2021
Mightyify:

Once I on the car, it steams very well, it'll move if I load drive and accelerate immediately. Once It moves, it'll move until I slow down or almost stopping then it goes off. But reverse is worse it goes off whether I accelerate immediately or not. Honestly I have suffered... The problem is strange to everyone including my mechanic. He advised I change the whole gear box and that cost around 120k...I'm not buoyant for that now.

Not to think of the fear of buying gear box and the problem persist.
Bring 20k for diagnosis, you say no.Now you have spent 120k on parts.
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by drmikeadams(m): 2:37am On Jun 29, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
if u gree 5k..I got what u will check for me mbok
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by Mightyify(m): 7:04am On Jun 29, 2021
MOTIONTECH:

I didn't read where you asked me to bring 20k. and I am in Abuja. I just saw it now... but I didn't see it before. Meanwhile I did diagnose it brought out P0707 - Transmission Range Switch Low Input.
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by Grupo(m): 8:58am On Jun 29, 2021
drmikeadams:

What's wrong with this bro??.that's what am using

There's nothing wrong with it. Just change the oil after 2k miles
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by MOTIONTECH(m): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2021
drmikeadams:
if u gree 5k..I got what u will check for me mbok
Where are you based first?
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by Olantia002(m): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hello House,

I have a toyota corolla 2005 car and i have a small prob with its ,wen ever i start its,the sound increase and later come back to normal and the engine will start vibrating or shaking after like 10 to 15min the sound will now be normal and balance.what can cause its because my mech has clean the fuel tank and wash the tank but still shaking or vibrating after u pack its for 1 to 2 hours .plsss help 07088658239

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by drmikeadams(m): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
Where are you based first?
Lag
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
drmikeadams:

Lag
lets chat on whatsapp 08092757438
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Mightyify:

I didn't read where you asked me to bring 20k. and I am in Abuja. I just saw it now... but I didn't see it before. Meanwhile I did diagnose it brought out P0707 - Transmission Range Switch Low Input.
My bad.Though i am not based in Abuja i would have referred you to someone. Notify me if you need the persons contact
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by Mightyify(m): 3:17am On Jun 30, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
My bad.Though i am not based in Abuja i would have referred you to someone. Notify me if you need the persons contact

The issue is already solved maybe next time I will be in touch.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by MOTIONTECH(m): 7:12am On Jun 30, 2021
Mightyify:

The issue is already solved maybe next time I will be in touch.
Ok, no lele.Enjoy your car.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by SALIMAN(m): 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2021
Check the mouth that is connected to to the airflow
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by chiscoboi: 5:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
Good day house, please I need help oo
When I start my 05 sienna it will steam, but if I engage it in drive, it will jerk and engine will go off. I will start again and this time I will put it in reverse, it will jerk and engine dont go off, after that I will put it in drive, then it will drive slowly and pick up after a while.
But if I slow down e.g in a speed breaker or hold up and try to move the car, the engine will go off
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by coolgerald: 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
Just change the fuel pump, you will be fine
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by koloqua(m): 2:39am On Oct 17, 2022
Mightyify:
I have a kia cerato, This morning when I wanted to go to work... I started the car then put it on reverse. The car shakes as if it's struggling to move then goes off. It starts well but goes anytime I put it in drive or reverse it moves within 5 secs then goes off. My mechanic seems to be confuse about the problem.

Hello did you get yours resolved ? My Honda Civic just started this same issue last week... After driving for a while, once I put on reverse or drive the engine goes off but there is still power in the car .

What was the main cause as my mecho is confused
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by koloqua(m): 2:43am On Oct 17, 2022
Mightyify:

Once I on the car, it steams very well, it'll move if I load drive and accelerate immediately. Once It moves, it'll move until I slow down or almost stopping then it goes off. But reverse is worse it goes off whether I accelerate immediately or not. Honestly I have suffered... The problem is strange to everyone including my mechanic. He advised I change the whole gear box and that cost around 120k...I'm not buoyant for that now.

Not to think of the fear of buying gear box and the problem persist.

Did you resolve this issue? Please advise my car just stared this
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by koloqua(m): 2:47am On Oct 17, 2022
Hello, sorry to barge into you this way..

My Honda Civic just started a funny stuff, after driving for a while, once I put the gear on park, it parks but once I put it on drive or reverse afterwards, the engine goes off while the lights are still on inside, and same happens after driving for a few minutes and decide to reverse..

Please what can be the cause, my mecho has no idea, rewire too has tampered with the wirings and slow still same..

But 2 other mecho I called gave 2 different assessments..
First one said it's the Gear switch in the gear box
Second one said it's the Gear fuse (not sure) in the Engine hood

Please advise
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by vivalavida(m): 5:45am On Oct 17, 2022
koloqua:
Hello, sorry to barge into you this way..

My Honda Civic just started a funny stuff, after driving for a while, once I put the gear on park, it parks but once I put it on drive or reverse afterwards, the engine goes off while the lights are still on inside, and same happens after driving for a few minutes and decide to reverse..

Please what can be the cause, my mecho has no idea, rewire too has tampered with the wirings and slow still same..

But 2 other mecho I called gave 2 different assessments..
First one said it's the Gear switch in the gear box
Second one said it's the Gear fuse (not sure) in the Engine hood

Please advise

This your civic don show u shege.
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by koloqua(m): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2022
vivalavida:

This your civic don show u shege.

Walahi, na my first car Sha and I never sabi drive before nor get ideas about cars then, so mistake was made when inspecting before buying, I no fit make same kind of mistake next time Sha ..

One 2 Mecho said it's the Gear switch that's making the car to go off while driving a while either when reversing, parking or slowing down..

I just wan confirm if na correct info before Dem give am Typhoid drugs on Cholera illness
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by vivalavida(m): 8:52am On Oct 17, 2022
koloqua:

Walahi, na my first car Sha and I never sabi drive before nor get ideas about cars then, so mistake was made when inspecting before buying, I no fit make same kind of mistake next time Sha ..

One 2 Mecho said it's the Gear switch that's making the car to go off while driving a while either when reversing, parking or slowing down..

I just wan confirm if na correct info before Dem give am Typhoid drugs on Cholera illness
Have u scanned the car?
I am a first time car owner too. April this year. I had to go with my brother who had extensive knowledge of cars and his mechanic.
Then I have my own scanner now. I scan my car and have first hand knowledge of any issue. Then check the codes online and then watch YouTube videos on the problem resolution. Then I contact my mechanic and tell him what I want him to do. And the issue gets solved.
So scan that your car.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by koloqua(m): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2022
vivalavida:

Have u scanned the car?
I am a first time car owner too. April this year. I had to go with my brother who had extensive knowledge of cars and his mechanic.
Then I have my own scanner now. I scan my car and have first hand knowledge of any issue. Then check the codes online and then watch YouTube videos on the problem resolution. Then I contact my mechanic and tell him what I want him to do. And the issue gets solved.
So scan that your car.

I haven't scan my car, I would need to get my own scanner soon so as to avoid all these trial n error solutions
Re: Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. by MrSly(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2023
myhero:
I have had similar experience on my Toyota sienna 2010 model. How I resolved it might sound funny and unbelievable, one electrician told me it's a fuse cut issue. I laughed at him because I have done so many things to fix it even scanning codes.. After a week of trying, I went to that electrician that said it's a fuse cut and told him to try, before my very own eyes, he removed just one tiny fuse and run small wire on it and my car becomes OK till now

Good evening. My sienna, 2006 model is having this problem right now. In fact I was just browsing to know the solution and stumbled upon this thread. Please could you explain to me how you solved the problem so I can direct my electrician.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My First V6 ....pure Joy / P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. / Engine Oil For Servicing Toyota Matrix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.