Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,749 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager (29668 Views)

Chelsea Announce British-record Signing, Caicedo With Nigeria R&B Music / Chelsea Announce Europa League Squad / Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by Doraty1(f): 7:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6381887/frank-lampard-sacked-chelsea-manager#98423413

A new journey begins! ��

#WelcomeTuchel
https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1354135534529089541?s=19

Thomas Tuchel has been appointed as the new Chelsea Head Coach. He moves to Stamford Bridge following a two-and-a-half year spell at French champions Paris Saint-Germain, which came to an end last month.
He will be the first German to manage Chelsea and arrives having guided PSG to four major honours and the Champions League final during his time in the French capital.

Prior to that, he spent seven seasons coaching in the Bundesliga, first with Mainz, where he led them into the Europa League, and then a successful period with Borussia Dortmund where he won the German Cup.

At Chelsea, he will be reunited with Christian Pulisic and Thiago Silva who he coached during his spells in Dortmund and Paris respectively.

Tuchel, who has signed an 18-month contract with the possibility of an extension, said: ‘I would like to thank Chelsea FC for their confidence in me and my staff.

‘We all have the greatest respect for Frank Lampard’s work and the legacy he created at Chelsea. At the same time, I cannot wait to meet my new team and compete in the most exciting league in football. I am grateful to now be part of the Chelsea family - it feels amazing!’

Director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘It is never easy to change Head Coach in the middle of the season but we are very happy to secure one of Europe’s best coaches in Thomas Tuchel. There is still much to play for and much to achieve, this season and beyond. We welcome Thomas to the Club.’

Tuchel will take his first training session this evening and will be in the dugout for tomorrow’s Premier League game against Wolves.
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/01/26/tuchel-joins-chelsea?cardIndex=0-0

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by evanstinobbc: 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
Chelsea fans dont even know if they should rejoice or not.

There is no huge expectation,
From a man utd fan, we will be watching on the fence.

Ftc

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by Lamasta(m): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
Tuchel in, Chelsea fans will be happy this week grin they have been sad for a while now...

The Chepeteri club

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by EnvelopeUs(f): 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by AkuOlisa: 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
Good
Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by osamz007: 7:54pm On Jan 26, 2021

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by densiks: 7:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
A big welcome to Tuchel.

I wish you greater success in Chelsea.

The time is now.

14 Likes

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by evanstinobbc: 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
[quote author=osamz007 post=98471894][/quote]
Calm down bro, i never chop you want dey brush me, no be me sack lampard cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by evanstinobbc: 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
Lets be watching, we hope not to hear tuchelout in 6 months time,

You dont exchange lamp for torch, if you know what i mean grin

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by slawormiir: 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
I pity tuchel...them Southampton, wolvherhampton and everton never do am strong thing

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by chucs: 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
I wish him the best at Chelsea. Let me begin to enjoy my beautiful club in peace.I stopped watching Chelsea matches because of the amateur coach Lampard.

Thank God he is gone with his favoritism and poor technical abilities. I really hope Tuchel doesn't have favorites cuz this is the surest way of losing ur dressing room. Play players on merits not because they are your country men.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by uniqueboi1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
E be like na EPL the war wan start from o.

Ancelloti
Mourinho
Guardiola
Klopp
Tuchel
Solksjaer

It would be bloody by next season.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by jumper524(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
incase your a Chelsea fan and your doubting tuchel potentials as coach, I'll let you know a little about his potentials.

1, he was able to take Mainz out of relegation and stabilize their stay in the bundesliga. something his predecessor jurgen klopp couldn't do.
in 2015, he was appointed to replace kloop in Dortmund and was able to stabilize their leauge position as tittle contenders. unfortunately he never won the leauge during his spell only second best to almighty Bayern Munich.

in 2018, he was appointed as psg head coach. his leauge record was impressive as he won the league on both seasons as head coach. he also guided them to their first ever champions league final.

although tuchel has a poor record with club management as it has always been the reasons for his dismissal from his previous clubs.
I just hope he gets along with Roman Abrahmovic.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by Great100000: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
Welcome To Chelsea Thomas, A Great Tactician & Upgrade To Frank.

Chelsea Is Back.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by newguy1(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
Better pikin ...........don land ... if u know u are a lampard guy pls don’t watch Chelsea game because we that r not lampard fan stop watching his team play but now we r returning to Stanford bridge tomorrow to start rebuilding our stadium

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by handsomeyinka(m): 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
Chelsea fans right now

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by Muhylonaire007: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
Lmao...Chelsea version of cash app song.
Shoni Kepa, score am
Shoni Mendy, fake am
Tuchel go win trophy sign am,
if e no win trophy sack am...

Yee eleru gberu e o grin grin grin grin

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by EasyPeazy: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
Thats great. TUCHEL is a great manager of players that performed great at PSG and Dortmund. Wishing him well at Chelsea.

Meanwhile.....

Give me 30,000 and take all these

19 inch Japanese BUSH LED Hi-Tech Television

Energy Star DVD, VCD, USB, PORTABLE AND AUX PLAYER

Original Venice Passioti Italian Shoe Sneakers

Bluetrain Airpods (Only One Earpiece)

Please take note, all are 95% excellent and functional. They can also be waybilled to any location in Nigeria.

Please do check my profile and see my authenticity.

Call or Chat 09090907136 for further discussions.

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by Emyogalanya: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2021
Thomas should start doubting o. He should just doubt his job cos we doubt if oga will leave after 3 to 6 months

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by CheedyJ(m): 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2021
It will surely end in premium tears

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by Jossyroyal1: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2021
I'm so excited

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by BecomeALandLord(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
Will also be sacked soon.
No be Abramovich again?

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by southsouthking(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
Welcome to EPL, you go learn new thing and body go tell you.
Go ask Unai Emery

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by femi4: 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
We move again!

Welcome to fresh start where players will be pick on merit
Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by CheedyJ(m): 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
Great100000:
Welcome To Chelsea Thomas, A Great Tactician & Upgrade To Frank.

Chelsea Is Back.......
Same way unai emery was a great tactician before coming to the epl , we all know how it ended .. let me also remind you that it took his oga Mr klopp 5 years before winning the league , do you think Mr Tuchel will be afforded such time at chelshit?

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by samwheel(m): 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
If I b coach, I no fit coach Chelsea and madrid o. Dem no dey waste time sack.
Still wondering y conte was sacked after giving dem d league. Confuse club

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by mosdii(m): 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
Good, let's hope he brings immediate improvement to the team and of course win games.

KTBFFH

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
Welcome to the Premier league.
YNWA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukom Banku paints his face black after quitting bleaching. Photos / Children In Nigeria Chanting "Over The Bar" During Iceland's Penalty / 4 African Talented Players Who Could Seek Transfer This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.