Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Cheapest Road Trip To Togo Benin Cotonou Songhai Centre 2021 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cheapest Road Trip To Togo Benin Cotonou Songhai Centre 2021 (1747 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / How To Get To Togo From Lagos By Road For Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheapest Road Trip To Togo Benin Cotonou Songhai Centre 2021 by Declan1: 1:10am On Jan 27, 2021
Do you have a low budget and planning to explore Benin Republic for leisure, vacation or business (Cotonou, Porto Novo) the sit of the greatest Agripreneurs incubation and training center founded in 1985 by name SONGHAI AGRIC CENTER or wish to extend your horizon to Togo post Covid 2021, here is how.
Benin Republic is a friendly African country, it ranked low on the list of Covid19 countries in Africa by the Centre for Disease Control- CDC but adequate Covid19 measures should be taken by all travellers at all times, I.e maintain social distancing, right use of face mask, hand sanitizers and proper washing of hands regularly.

Here is my experience with the warm and helpful people of Benin Republic on the road map to leisure, business and fulfillment of a dream on the go dated 22nd January, 2021.

ROAD MAP
Take a Bus from any where in Nigeria to Lagos (Mile 2), but if your bus stops you at Alafia/ Wema Bank Bus Stop close to Alaba, take a bus to Mile 2 at N100 naira only, when you drop off, look ahead and see the Pedestrian bridge with shelter and walk towards it, by the right lane you will see vehicles..buses and cabs/sienna loading Seme Boarder or Badagry.

To save money, join a bus calling Badagry for N800 naira while cabs charge N3,500-4,000 to Seme Boarder. grin
(NOTE: Coming back is N700 naira with bus)
For a first timer, please make sure you hold your Yellow Card and ECOWAS or INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT, do not help anyone to carry his luggage/bag and also watch your own bag in case of contraband during searching else you will be questioned severely and delayed at almost all the Joint task force checking points along the road, keep in mind your reason for going to Benin and show your paper when demanded without smiling at all else you keep tipping till infinity.
The road is undergoing some construction works and is rated 35% good and 65% bad.

When you get to Badagry park get off and join cabs calling SEME BOARDER for N500 naira only outside the park at the round about, they will stop you at CONOIL FILLING STATION by the right hand side else ask the Driver or any lady to point ConOil Filling station for you.
(NOTE: Coming back is N300 naira only by cab)

You will see many Bike/Okada guys calling you to come so they can cross you to the Benin side, please save yourself and ignore them and walk to the Boarder gate in front of you if you have your Passport/Yellow Card.

Without smiling walk past the different Joint task force check points 500meters to the Seme boarder gate but if you are called go and meet them and they may search your bag for contraband or ask for your Passport/ Yellow Card and reason for going to Benin, show the officers your Passport and enter through the First Gate by the right hand, keep going by the right hand side to the Second gate where the Nigeria Stamping section is first, where you may be searched again and asked same questions...after you give your reason and Passport for Stamping OUT, irrespective of your Passport been (New/Virgin or Old) I realized N500 naira only is charged for Stamping, make sure you have N500 naira change before paying it...insist on N500 naira for Nigeria and turn to Benin Immigration for Stamping IN at N500 naira too...total N1,000 naira for both.
(NOTE: You repeat this STAMPING Process when coming back to Nigeria)

After Stamping OUT/IN, you keep moving by your right hand side to the Benin Gate and other Benin Immigration will call you to search you and see your Passport/yellow card and ask same questions after which you are in Benin side now.

CHANGING NAIRA TO CFA
At the entrance now, you will see Money changers, I recommend you change it here with this trust worthy Exchanger MARCUS +2.2.9.9.6.5.5.7.6.4.4 call whatsapp.
You get the best daily rate at the Boarder than inside the city center because they are few and so monopoly, he will rechange CFA Francs to naira for you when you have excess after your business trip in Benin, so change the amount you wish to and keep some naira as Benin people also collect naira some times.
I exchanged Naira to CFA on the 22nd of January 2021 at 1.1CFA which is N15,500 naira to 17,000 CFA.
If you want to travel with huge cash I would recommend you open an EcoBank Account and get the ATM card which you would use to draw cash when you arrive Benin.

SIM CARD
Immediately you enter Benin your SIM card will automatically Roam itself to MTN Moov which is the official network in Benin but charges N100 naira per minute call or N50 naira per page for text messages.
But if you wish to buy the MTN Moov SIM card, I recommend you buy at Cotonou/Porto Novo at 300CFA (N272 naira) but it is sold at the boarder for 1,000CFA (N909 naira)

LANGUAGES
The Benin people speak French, Yoruba and little English but some speak fluent English.

CHEAP COMFY HOTELS
If you arrived late to Benin or have some thing to do in Cotonou or Porto Novo the following day, I recommend you lodge at the Boarder or go to Porto Novo and continue the following day.
Freedom Hotel is 3 minutes walk to Abobo Beach with good standard rooms, water, fan or AC and 24hours light, good room service starting @ (6,000, 7,000 - 15,000CFA, N5,454 /N6,363 Naira)

1. Freedom Hotel (3 minutes walk to the Beach where you get coconut water and fish)
Boarder, directly opposite NSIA Bank
Tony +2.2.9.9.7.6.7.3.2.2.5 call whatapp

2. Movic Hotel - Avakwa Junction, Porto Novo

3. Delta Force - Avakwa Junction, Porto Novo

4. Palace Hotel - Porto Novo

5. Freedom Palace Hotel - Porto Novo

Due to the Covid19, the Beach was completely empty, only fishermen and women were there.

ROAD TO TOGO, COTONOU
PORTO NOVO - SONGHAI AGRICULTURE CENTER
If you desire to go to TOGO, but Togo boarder is closed now due to Covid19 except illegal means of entry which I do NOT recommend.
Join a car from the boarder going to Cotonou at 500CFA N454 naira, stop at LAKONGI and enter TOGO motor at 3,000CFA N2,727 naira.

If you desire to go to COTONOU, join a car from the boarder going to Cotonou at 500CFA N454 naira.

If you desire to go to PORTO NOVO - SONGHAI AGRICULTURE CENTER, take a bike from the boarder and stop at the Round About (KEREEFU) at 300CFA N272 naira, left goes to Cotonou and right goes to Porto Novo, join Porto Novo Bus at 200CFA N181 naira or Cab 500CFA N454 naira to stop you in front of Songhai Center, they charge 500CFA for Farm Tour.
NOTE: Along this Porto Novo road is Avakwa Junction where 2 of those Hotels listed above are located while the last 2 Hotels are located after the bridge before Songhai Agriculture Center.

Do enjoy your stay as I did...

3 Likes

Re: Cheapest Road Trip To Togo Benin Cotonou Songhai Centre 2021 by Nicoswit(m): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nice one my guy
Re: Cheapest Road Trip To Togo Benin Cotonou Songhai Centre 2021 by Olabode971(f): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2021
@Op, good job, well-done... I sight you.

I look forward to explore Benin Republic in general some of these days..

Hope no palava of covid19 there,because I can't allow someone to choke inside my nostrils 9inches nail oh, in the name of testing for covid1_9 birus.... #Hahaha_Lol_Me
Re: Cheapest Road Trip To Togo Benin Cotonou Songhai Centre 2021 by kalu61(m): 10:07am On Jan 29, 2021
Very detailed, l will tour West Africa by next year
Re: Cheapest Road Trip To Togo Benin Cotonou Songhai Centre 2021 by mrsage(m): 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2021
Very very detailed....

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways / Where Can I Get Flight To Barados / Cayman Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.