Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera (1355 Views)

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / Poco X3 Vs Pixel 4a / Please I Need A Phone Suggestion (long Life Battery, Camera Nd Good Ram) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by Valorreviews(m): 2:39am On Jan 27, 2021
Hello,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtP8Wm2rpV4

I compared the Poco X3 NFC with the Redmi Note 9s and I was shocked to see that there isn't much that differentiate the two smartphones.
The Redmi Note 9s come with 6GB RAM, 128GB Internal storage and the current price of this smartphone is N106,000 or $243. Moving over to the Challenger, Poco X3 NFC comes with 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, and brand new, the present cost of this smartphone is N130,000 or $298 right here in Nigeria. There is a price difference of N24,000 or $55 between these two smartphones. So keep that in mind as we go along with the comparison.

UNBOXING

In the box of the Poco X3 NFC, you get a Clear TPU case that gets dirty over time. I Prefer the smoked, tinted TPU case that the Redmi note 9s comes with. So that’s a plus for the Redmi Note 9s.

Charging Time

Moving on to the charging brick, the Poco X3 Nfc redeem itself as it comes with a 33 watts fast charger while the Redmi note 9s comes with a 22.5 watts fast charger.
The Redmi note 9s is capable of doing a maximum of 18 watts fast charging so it can’t fully utilize the 22.5 watts fast charger that it comes it. The smartphone can only grab 18 watts from the charger. Poco X3 Nfc on the other hand can use the entire 33 watts making charging fast. How fast? Well,
after 15 mins of charging Poco X3 NFC, the battery level got to 37% while the Redmi note 9s battery is at 18%
At the 30mins mark, Poco X3 Nfc Battery is at 68% while the Redmi note 9s battery is at 37%
45mins down the line, Poco X3 NFC is at 90% while the Redmi note 9s battery is at 54%. At this point, with the Poco X3 Nfc at 90% you can go about your date and not worry about charging your smartphone as it would last the entire day. I can’t say the same for the Redmi note 9s at 54%.
At the 1hour mark, Poco X3 Nfc is at 99% and the Redmi note 9s is at 72%.
1hour and 5mins, poco X3 Nfc is fully charged while the Redmi note 9s is at 78%. It took the Redmi note 9s 1hour 57mins to get to 100%, which is almost double the time it took to get the poco X3 Nfc to be fully charged. This is why you need fast charging in your life.

Build Quality

For the build quality, the front of both smartphones is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Moving to the rear, the Poco X3 NFC has a plastic rear while the redmi note 9s rear is made from glass. The glass is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and my take is why glass? I mean it looks good, looks premium but it isn’t serving any purpose. The smartphone doesn’t support wireless charging so why does it have a glass rear and when it drops, it will most likely crack because glass is glass and glass will break no matter how hard it is.

I understand why Xiaomi used glass on this smartphone and that is to make it look premium like flagship devices but having glass at the rear of a budget smartphone isn’t a good idea and that is why the Poco X3 NFC is the more durable smartphone between these two.

For the external features, both smartphones have an IR Blaster which I love and still use. Both smartphones have a noise-canceling microphone at the top, both have a USB type C port, a 3.5mm earphone jack, dual sim-tray, and a memory card slot.

What the Poco X3 NFC has that the Redmi note 9s doesn’t is the Dual stereo speakers and I was expecting the dual speakers of the Poco X3 NFC to louder compared to the single speaker on the Redmi note 9s but that’s not the case. They sound almost identical to my ears.

Another thing I like is the vibrations you feel when you increase the volume on the Poco X3 NFC. I love how the speakers vibrate the rear, making what you are watching, listening to come alive. You do get a bit of that vibration on the Redmi note 9s when you hold the frame of the smartphone but it is nothing compared to the Poco X3 NFC. Some people like it, some don’t. Some YouTubers associate the vibration with poor build quality but that’s nonsense if you ask me. The Xiaomi Mi 11 has this feature so it isn’t a design flaw, it is intentional.
So for the Build quality and external features, Poco X3 NFC is the winner.

Display

The display on both smartphones is good. They both come with a 6.67 inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080P X 2400 Pixels. They both support HDR10 and both are bright at 450 nits. The Poco X3 NFC does have a bit of magenta to it and I love the way it looks. I would pick the display of the Poco X3 NFC as the winner as it looks slightly and I mean slightly better but I was able to adjust the color temperature on the Redmi note 9s and now looks exactly like the POCO X3 NFC.

Now where the display on the Poco X3 NFC surmounts the Redmi note 9s is in the refresh rate. You can switch between 60Hz or 120Hz.

You can see the difference but is it a big deal? No, not to me. but It is cool the POCO X3 NFC has that feature. Also, a minor observation is the camera punch hole on the Poco X3 Nfc is smaller compared to the Redmi note 9s. So for the display, Poco X3 NFC wins.

Performance

How does the Snapdragon 720G Processor on the Redmi note 9s compare with the Snapdragon 732G Processor on the Poco X3 NFC? Well, both processors are gaming chips with an 8nm fabrication processor so they are both fast.

Starting up with antutu benchmark test this is the result I got when I ran it. Poco X3 has a higher number and for geekbench is the score of both smartphones. Redmi note 9s having higher single and multi-core scores.

Both smartphones have 6GB of Ram and as you can see from the numbers, Poco X3 Nfc wins the antutu benchmark score while Redmi note 9s wins the Geek bench test.

Let’s start off with launching Pubg and see which smartphone comes out on top. I would like to point out that launching apps at the same time doesn’t really show which smartphone is faster at least not all the time. I can launch pubg 10 times and we would have different winners. So this doesn’t show which processor is faster.

Downscaling a 4k clip to 1080P using Inshot on both smartphones, the result is almost the same. Poco X3 won but the difference was only 3 seconds.

So for performance, the Snapdragon 732G processor is faster but slightly and I mean slightly faster.

Battery

Poco X3 NFC has a 5,160 mAh battery while the Redmi note 9s comes with a 5,020 mAh battery. There is a difference of 140mAh between these two smartphones.

With the Poco X3 NFC on 60Hz refresh rate, you get the same screen on time with the redmi note 9s but when you set the screen at 120Hz refresh rate, the battery drains faster.

For me, I leave the refresh rate at 60Hz because I am a power user and I dont fancy carrying a charger around. So for the battery department, Poco X3 Nfc wins as it has a slightly bigger battery and it comes with a 33 watts fast charger.

Camera

For the front-facing camera, Poco X3 NFC comes with a 16MP F2.2 camera while the Redmi note 9s comes with a 16MP F2.5 lens. Poco X3 NFC Front camera has more Megapixels and should be the clear winner right? Well, yes but the difference isn’t much. To my eyes, skin tone looks just a little bit better on the Poco X3 NFC but honestly not by much. Portrait pictures look very good on both smartphones. Poco 3X NFC pictures look better but not by much to my eyes.

For the rear cameras, Poco X3 NFC comes with a 64MP main camera, a 13MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth camera. Switching to the Redmi Note 9s, it comes with a 48MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth camera.

For the main camera, I honestly can’t see a major difference between the 48MP sensor on the Redmi note 9s and the 64MP sensor on the Poco X3 NFC. Photo quality coming out from both smartphones are impressive. For the ultra-wide camera, Poco X3 NFC pictures look better. Macro shots look better on the Redmi note 9s and for portrait shots, they look identical to me. Poco X3 Nfc takes better pictures at night.

For the camera comparison, I’ll give it to the Poco X3 Nfc for the slightly and I mean slightly better front-facing camera and the rear camera takes better photos at night. Macro shots are better on the Redmi note 9s but how many of us take macro shots? So the winner of the camera comparison is the Poco X3 Nfc.

Conclusion

The Poco X3 Nfc is the better smartphone between these two. It charges faster, It has a better build quality with the plastic rear, It has dual speakers, It has a slighter better display with a higher refresh rate, It has a slightly bigger battery and a slightly better camera.

4 Likes

Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by Crimrburster: 8:04am On Jan 27, 2021
Nice review. Not like those paid reviewers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by DONFRANSKID(m): 8:07am On Jan 27, 2021
Nice one sir
Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by GeorgeAgbe: 8:45am On Jan 27, 2021
What is the refresh rate of the Redmi note 9s
Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by Valorreviews(m): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2021
60Hz.
GeorgeAgbe:
What is the refresh rate of the Redmi note 9s
Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by Winna01(m): 12:06pm On Jan 27, 2021
This is a very good review. The best I've seen in ages. Well done.

1 Like

Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by 2kurupt(m): 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nice review, thumbs up OP

1 Like

Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by chikizzy(m): 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
The phone is a beast �
Just incase you need it I sell for affordable price
Location computer village ikeja LAGOS
Call or WhatsApp 07033908893
Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by Leemekzy: 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
Both phones are made by the same company XIAOMI.
Re: Poco X3 Vs Redmi Note 9s: Build Quality, Display, Performance, Battery & Camera by karbie(f): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2021
Hello

Please how do I get the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC in Port Harcourt?

May we chat on WhatsApp?
Valorreviews:
Hello,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtP8Wm2rpV4

I compared the Poco X3 NFC with the Redmi Note 9s and I was shocked to see that there isn't much that differentiate the two smartphones.
The Redmi Note 9s come with 6GB RAM, 128GB Internal storage and the current price of this smartphone is N106,000 or $243. Moving over to the Challenger, Poco X3 NFC comes with 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, and brand new, the present cost of this smartphone is N130,000 or $298 right here in Nigeria. There is a price difference of N24,000 or $55 between these two smartphones. So keep that in mind as we go along with the comparison.

UNBOXING

In the box of the Poco X3 NFC, you get a Clear TPU case that gets dirty over time. I Prefer the smoked, tinted TPU case that the Redmi note 9s comes with. So that’s a plus for the Redmi Note 9s.

Charging Time

Moving on to the charging brick, the Poco X3 Nfc redeem itself as it comes with a 33 watts fast charger while the Redmi note 9s comes with a 22.5 watts fast charger.
The Redmi note 9s is capable of doing a maximum of 18 watts fast charging so it can’t fully utilize the 22.5 watts fast charger that it comes it. The smartphone can only grab 18 watts from the charger. Poco X3 Nfc on the other hand can use the entire 33 watts making charging fast. How fast? Well,
after 15 mins of charging Poco X3 NFC, the battery level got to 37% while the Redmi note 9s battery is at 18%
At the 30mins mark, Poco X3 Nfc Battery is at 68% while the Redmi note 9s battery is at 37%
45mins down the line, Poco X3 NFC is at 90% while the Redmi note 9s battery is at 54%. At this point, with the Poco X3 Nfc at 90% you can go about your date and not worry about charging your smartphone as it would last the entire day. I can’t say the same for the Redmi note 9s at 54%.
At the 1hour mark, Poco X3 Nfc is at 99% and the Redmi note 9s is at 72%.
1hour and 5mins, poco X3 Nfc is fully charged while the Redmi note 9s is at 78%. It took the Redmi note 9s 1hour 57mins to get to 100%, which is almost double the time it took to get the poco X3 Nfc to be fully charged. This is why you need fast charging in your life.

Build Quality

For the build quality, the front of both smartphones is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Moving to the rear, the Poco X3 NFC has a plastic rear while the redmi note 9s rear is made from glass. The glass is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and my take is why glass? I mean it looks good, looks premium but it isn’t serving any purpose. The smartphone doesn’t support wireless charging so why does it have a glass rear and when it drops, it will most likely crack because glass is glass and glass will break no matter how hard it is.

I understand why Xiaomi used glass on this smartphone and that is to make it look premium like flagship devices but having glass at the rear of a budget smartphone isn’t a good idea and that is why the Poco X3 NFC is the more durable smartphone between these two.

For the external features, both smartphones have an IR Blaster which I love and still use. Both smartphones have a noise-canceling microphone at the top, both have a USB type C port, a 3.5mm earphone jack, dual sim-tray, and a memory card slot.

What the Poco X3 NFC has that the Redmi note 9s doesn’t is the Dual stereo speakers and I was expecting the dual speakers of the Poco X3 NFC to louder compared to the single speaker on the Redmi note 9s but that’s not the case. They sound almost identical to my ears.

Another thing I like is the vibrations you feel when you increase the volume on the Poco X3 NFC. I love how the speakers vibrate the rear, making what you are watching, listening to come alive. You do get a bit of that vibration on the Redmi note 9s when you hold the frame of the smartphone but it is nothing compared to the Poco X3 NFC. Some people like it, some don’t. Some YouTubers associate the vibration with poor build quality but that’s nonsense if you ask me. The Xiaomi Mi 11 has this feature so it isn’t a design flaw, it is intentional.
So for the Build quality and external features, Poco X3 NFC is the winner.

Display

The display on both smartphones is good. They both come with a 6.67 inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080P X 2400 Pixels. They both support HDR10 and both are bright at 450 nits. The Poco X3 NFC does have a bit of magenta to it and I love the way it looks. I would pick the display of the Poco X3 NFC as the winner as it looks slightly and I mean slightly better but I was able to adjust the color temperature on the Redmi note 9s and now looks exactly like the POCO X3 NFC.

Now where the display on the Poco X3 NFC surmounts the Redmi note 9s is in the refresh rate. You can switch between 60Hz or 120Hz.

You can see the difference but is it a big deal? No, not to me. but It is cool the POCO X3 NFC has that feature. Also, a minor observation is the camera punch hole on the Poco X3 Nfc is smaller compared to the Redmi note 9s. So for the display, Poco X3 NFC wins.

Performance

How does the Snapdragon 720G Processor on the Redmi note 9s compare with the Snapdragon 732G Processor on the Poco X3 NFC? Well, both processors are gaming chips with an 8nm fabrication processor so they are both fast.

Starting up with antutu benchmark test this is the result I got when I ran it. Poco X3 has a higher number and for geekbench is the score of both smartphones. Redmi note 9s having higher single and multi-core scores.

Both smartphones have 6GB of Ram and as you can see from the numbers, Poco X3 Nfc wins the antutu benchmark score while Redmi note 9s wins the Geek bench test.

Let’s start off with launching Pubg and see which smartphone comes out on top. I would like to point out that launching apps at the same time doesn’t really show which smartphone is faster at least not all the time. I can launch pubg 10 times and we would have different winners. So this doesn’t show which processor is faster.

Downscaling a 4k clip to 1080P using Inshot on both smartphones, the result is almost the same. Poco X3 won but the difference was only 3 seconds.

So for performance, the Snapdragon 732G processor is faster but slightly and I mean slightly faster.

Battery

Poco X3 NFC has a 5,160 mAh battery while the Redmi note 9s comes with a 5,020 mAh battery. There is a difference of 140mAh between these two smartphones.

With the Poco X3 NFC on 60Hz refresh rate, you get the same screen on time with the redmi note 9s but when you set the screen at 120Hz refresh rate, the battery drains faster.

For me, I leave the refresh rate at 60Hz because I am a power user and I dont fancy carrying a charger around. So for the battery department, Poco X3 Nfc wins as it has a slightly bigger battery and it comes with a 33 watts fast charger.

Camera

For the front-facing camera, Poco X3 NFC comes with a 16MP F2.2 camera while the Redmi note 9s comes with a 16MP F2.5 lens. Poco X3 NFC Front camera has more Megapixels and should be the clear winner right? Well, yes but the difference isn’t much. To my eyes, skin tone looks just a little bit better on the Poco X3 NFC but honestly not by much. Portrait pictures look very good on both smartphones. Poco 3X NFC pictures look better but not by much to my eyes.

For the rear cameras, Poco X3 NFC comes with a 64MP main camera, a 13MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth camera. Switching to the Redmi Note 9s, it comes with a 48MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth camera.

For the main camera, I honestly can’t see a major difference between the 48MP sensor on the Redmi note 9s and the 64MP sensor on the Poco X3 NFC. Photo quality coming out from both smartphones are impressive. For the ultra-wide camera, Poco X3 NFC pictures look better. Macro shots look better on the Redmi note 9s and for portrait shots, they look identical to me. Poco X3 Nfc takes better pictures at night.

For the camera comparison, I’ll give it to the Poco X3 Nfc for the slightly and I mean slightly better front-facing camera and the rear camera takes better photos at night. Macro shots are better on the Redmi note 9s but how many of us take macro shots? So the winner of the camera comparison is the Poco X3 Nfc.

Conclusion

The Poco X3 Nfc is the better smartphone between these two. It charges faster, It has a better build quality with the plastic rear, It has dual speakers, It has a slighter better display with a higher refresh rate, It has a slightly bigger battery and a slightly better camera.

(1) (Reply)

Two Months Old S20 Ultra For Sale / Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus / Infinix Note 12 VIP Hands-on

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.