Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 (41520 Views)

Patience Jonathan Detained 15 Domestic Staff Since 2019 Over ₦300m Jewelry Theft / I’m Very Fearful, Unhappy About Insecurity In Nigeria –Chief Odigie-Oyegun / MC Oluomo: "I Have Been Loyal To Tinubu Since 1999" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by onoja12: 1:39am On Jan 28, 2021
save me your self serving talk, if i check you are a Yoruba man, the fact remains what it is aside tribalism, Abacha is the best government this country has had in my life time, in the earlier days they where government who could be praised for massive infrastructure none compared to Abacha, he practically built Abuja.
As for history you see one always get payed in there coin, tinubu is about to find out how it feels when what he did to Abacha is about to be done to him, did he really think karma would just forget him.
you see people like you talk trash as God would so have it lived in Ajaokuta, and i can tell you abacha was the one who put it at 95%,that plant was looted by objs son and the Indians they brought, the records are there you can use google, same as Nitel was looted by obj and atiku.as for doing business what trash are you talking Abacha was the one who brought mtn here .as for Ken Sarowiwa, that was at the request of shell who practically branded him a terrorist, anybody who was close to the villa at the time, new how mad Abacha was when he discovered that shell mislead him for somebody who was writing.as for militancy ,stop telling lies in Abacha life time there was no such thing as militancy as for fulani, you see how god handles people Abacha isnt even fulani, and he was a very fair man, everybody can remember him matching emirs out of the villa for coming to tell him that his second and third in command where both Christians ,Nigeria is full of wicked people who hate anything Nigeria and that is why till today no Nigerian has told anybody thank you for working for Nigeria rather if you work for Nigeria, they must mock you ,insult you and look for ways to tarnish your reputation thus anybody who find himself in office takes care of himself and family because Nigerians are very wicked people.

middlebelter:

You probably have know idea of what you are trying to talk about or you are being delibrately mischievous.

Terrorism started during Abacha regime, they difference from what we have today is that it was government sponsored against her citizens to stop criticism of bad governance.
You mentioned stable naira, yes why will naira not be stable ? People were not ready to do business Nigeria and Nigerians. The man that frustrated Ajaokuta Iron and Steel Industry is Abacha.He said he had money to pay the staff of the company but was busy stealing the money. If we look and the money recovered from his loot it could has paid more than twice the amount required today. Can you imagine the multiplier effect of that firm.on Nigeria economy? Our current reliance on crude oil wouldn't have been this bad.
I did my service immediately he took over as an NYSC , this man stopped employment into all government agencies but was recruiting his Fulani people underground.
This man killed Ken Sarowiwa and his colleagues despite international intervention. That is what eventually lead to miliatant attacks in Niger Delta untill FGN was forced to negotiate. Do you have an idea of the cost of that venture alone caused by a military man indiscretion?
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by Healthquest: 8:15am On Jan 28, 2021
omokab:
which federal character obj obeyed? He changed army chiefs four times without picking from his region.shame on him.A nationalist who could not do anything for his region in 8 years office.
so buhari dat his picking everything from his region is d saint?
U don't understand federal character.
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by Healthquest: 8:16am On Jan 28, 2021
adrusa:

Where is the federal character? He did not pick anyone from the core north and certainly no Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri or Muslim.
imagine,someone from north u still De ask for core north why not request for deep south.
You guys are made to bi-partisan on all level
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by middlebelter(m): 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
onoja12:
save me your self serving talk, if i check you are a Yoruba man, the fact remains what it is aside tribalism, Abacha is the best government this country has had in my life time, in the earlier days they where government who could be praised for massive infrastructure none compared to Abacha, he practically built Abuja.
As for history you see one always get payed in there coin, tinubu is about to find out how it feels when what he did to Abacha is about to be done to him, did he really think karma would just forget him.
you see people like you talk trash as God would so have it lived in Ajaokuta, and i can tell you abacha was the one who put it at 95%,that plant was looted by objs son and the Indians they brought, the records are there you can use google, same as Nitel was looted by obj and atiku.as for doing business what trash are you talking Abacha was the one who brought mtn here .as for Ken Sarowiwa, that was at the request of shell who practically branded him a terrorist, anybody who was close to the villa at the time, new how mad Abacha was when he discovered that shell mislead him for somebody who was writing.as for militancy ,stop telling lies in Abacha life time there was no such thing as militancy as for fulani, you see how god handles people Abacha isnt even fulani, and he was a very fair man, everybody can remember him matching emirs out of the villa for coming to tell him that his second and third in command where both Christians ,Nigeria is full of wicked people who hate anything Nigeria and that is why till today no Nigerian has told anybody thank you for working for Nigeria rather if you work for Nigeria, they must mock you ,insult you and look for ways to tarnish your reputation thus anybody who find himself in office takes care of himself and family because Nigerians are very wicked people.

Just vomiting trash. It is unfortunate I am sharing the same political space with people of this type of mind set in 21st century.

Your Fulani people think that you can continue to subjugate other tribes without resistance using religion and concocted lies? IBB may be a bad guy but we certainly know he made some efforts on Ajaokuta compared to your devilish Abacha. I don't have any business with Tinubu. He sold himself tp your people and whatever he gets there will be part of his life story, but remember others are watching and if you think of dumping Tinubu and them come back in the future to play similar tricks, others would have learnt they way you treated him.

Abacha died about 20 years ago and yet we are still recovering the loot and you come out boldly to praise a thief?!/ Tell me what kind of person you are?
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by onoja12: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
i repeat ipob Abacha is not Fulani, a simple google search would have educated you, but what those that have to do when children of hate are on patrol, as for the alert you are receiving i would not discuss national security with you, go and find people who worked in the NIA in Abacha's time, they would tell you what the monies where for. or you can ask almustapha, serval people in Nigeria new about those money, it is a shame that OBJ took a national security issue and turned it political for his purpose. like i said Abacha is an unsung hero of Nigeria and in years to come status should and would be built to honor him as it rightly should have been done, he stands proudly in the league of the gaddaffis of this world. not only did he stand for Nigeria ,he stood for Africa, his peace keeping efforts are on record, he ended wars in Africa, under his leadership Nigerian military was well respected the world over.

middlebelter:

Just vomiting trash. It is unfortunate I am sharing the same political space with people of this type of mind set in 21st century.

Your Fulani people think that you can continue to subjugate other tribes without resistance using religion and concocted lies? IBB may be a bad guy but we certainly know he made some efforts on Ajaokuta compared to your devilish Abacha. I don't have any business with Tinubu. He sold himself tp your people and whatever he gets there will be part of his life story, but remember others are watching and if you think of dumping Tinubu and them come back in the future to play similar tricks, others would have learnt they way you treated him.

Abacha died about 20 years ago and yet we are still recovering the loot and you come out boldly to praise a thief?!/ Tell me what kind of person you are?
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by Pickieox(m): 6:43am On Jan 29, 2021
BafanaBafana:
Olusegun Obasanjo: commander in chief
Lt. Gen. Victor Malu (Benue): May 1999 - April 2001
Lt. Gen Alex Ogomudia (Delta): April 2001 - June 2003
Lt Gen Martin Luther Agwai (Kaduna): June 2003 - June 2006
Lt Gen Owoye Andrew Azazi (Bayesla): June 2006 to June 2007

Umar Musa Yaradua: Commander in chief
Lt. Gen. Luka Yusuf (Kaduna): June 2007 to August 2008
Lt. Gen. Abdulrahman Danbazzau (Kano): August 2008 - September 2010

Goodluck Jonathan: Commander in chief
Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika (Abia): Sept 2010 - Jan. 2014
Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah (Rivers): Jan 2014 - July 2015

Muhammad Buhari: Commander in chief
Lt. Gen Tukur Buratai (Borno): July 2015 - Jan 2021
Lt Gen Attahiru Ibrahim (Kaduna): Jan 2021
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by middlebelter(m): 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2021
onoja12:
who are those people? because i recall is that Abacha's government is the best Nigeria has had till date, the economy was great, stable dollar rate, stable fuel rate, we did the best at international sporting events ,ptf built roads and schools all over the place, Nigeria was safe and orderly. i repeat abachas government is the best government Nigeria has had in my life time, let anybody come and debate it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6388835/how-abacha-stole-billions-truckloads#98541545

If that is your best government then, I shouldn't continue to argue or explain things to you.
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by onoja12: 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2021
read it again, then look for my comment. like i said children of hate love to hate, no westerner would have anything good to say about Abacha because he stood for stupid people like you and not them, keep repeating any black man who stands for black people must be hated by the west, keep repeating it till it sinks in ,Abacha record is there if you really want to know, the only thing we have won is sport Olympic medals is in Abacha's time, is it football, is in Abacha time you first qualified for world cup and won Olympic medal, any area of life you look at he did right by Nigerians and AFRICANS BUT CHILDREN OF HATE EASLY CONVICED TO HATE THERE OWN.

middlebelter:

https://www.nairaland.com/6388835/how-abacha-stole-billions-truckloads#98541545

If that is your best government then, I shouldn't continue to argue or explain things to you.
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by middlebelter(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2021
onoja12:
read it again, then look for my comment. like i said children of hate love to hate, no westerner would have anything good to say about Abacha because he stood for stupid people like you and not them, keep repeating any black man who stands for black people must be hated by the west, keep repeating it till it sinks in ,Abacha record is there if you really want to know, the only thing we have won is sport Olympic medals is in Abacha's time, is it football, is in Abacha time you first qualified for world cup and won Olympic medal, any area of life you look at he did right by Nigerians and AFRICANS BUT CHILDREN OF HATE EASLY CONVICED TO HATE THERE OWN.

To prevent you from misleading innocent young Nigerian minds, I take up to challenge to respond. You are talking about Nigeria winning Olympic game and qualifications for word cup as if it was Abacha that went to play the game to win. For the purpose of record and avoidance of doubt, the young Nigerian that played the game were talented not because Abacha managed the economy well.

To console yourself you hasten to attack the SW call names, this is the exact traits of the intolerant Abacha and his fanatical followers. When they are confronted with superior argument, the go violent and assassinate.
That thread on nairaland about his loot was not writing by me. I doubt if you are really from Middlebelt with the Onoja moniker you are carrying or perhaps you have inadequate knowledge of Middlebelt.
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by onoja12: 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
MY RESPONSE, simple ask anybody who took part in sports at that time, they will tell you, no government has provided for the welfare of sports persons like Abacha did, he so took care of them that the coach for the national team was handled directly by the second in command in his government and slept in aso rock for a while,

I have been reading and it is clear you know nothing about anything, you just come and rant, well children of hate, i am proudly from the middle belt, the real one not fake ipob boy seating with one computer somewhere writing the trash he has been feed, i lived in Abacha's time, i new his government, i remember his policies dora akinluyi ,one of the most up right citizens from the east, served as secretary to the PTF under him, yes it was Abacha who found her and brought her out. i would lecture you from now till 40 years on his policies, some of which are still been implemented till date. educate yourself by fact not propaganda.

middlebelter:

To prevent you from misleading innocent young Nigerian minds, I take up to challenge to respond. You are talking about Nigeria winning Olympic game and qualifications for word cup as if it was Abacha that went to play the game to win. For the purpose of record and avoidance of doubt, the young Nigerian that played the game were talented not because Abacha managed the economy well.

To console yourself you hasten to attack the SW call names, this is the exact traits of the intolerant Abacha and his fanatical followers. When they are confronted with superior argument, the go violent and assassinate.
That thread on nairaland about his loot was not writing by me. I doubt if you are really from Middlebelt with the Onoja moniker you are carrying or perhaps you have inadequate knowledge of Middlebelt.
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by myobjective: 11:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
Brendaniel:

a very big lie, Abacha's government was economically better than all the governments in Nigeria since 1999, he was a thief yes but looting was restricted to only a few of his clicks, unlike what we have today, he was a tyrant yes, but he only terrorised politician and big men who stepped on his toes, he had no business with the masses, lastly it was a heavily militarized government which had soldiers everywhere doing the work of police too, but economically Nigeria was better...

I will take it that you were too young to understand anything when Abacha was the head of state. In 1998 when Abacha died, less than 500k Nigeria had access to telephones, less than 50k to the internet. poverty was rive. Schools were underfunded. In fact, Abacha was a disaster
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by Brendaniel: 11:49pm On Jan 29, 2021
myobjective:

I will take it that you were too young to understand anything when Abacha was the head of state. In 1998 when Abacha died, less than 500k Nigeria had access to telephones, less than 50k to the internet. poverty was rive. Schools were underfunded. In fact, Abacha was a disaster

so the telephone that has come has reduced poverty abi, see till date abachas government still remains the best in Nigeria that managed PTF funds, since democracy started in 1999 poverty level in Nigeria has been increasing so what is your justification here, see if you need facts and data, I will produce enough data for you....
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by middlebelter(m): 8:19am On Jan 30, 2021
onoja12:
MY RESPONSE, simple ask anybody who took part in sports at that time, they will tell you, no government has provided for the welfare of sports persons like Abacha did, he so took care of them that the coach for the national team was handled directly by the second in command in his government and slept in aso rock for a while,

I have been reading and it is clear you know nothing about anything, you just come and rant, well children of hate, i am proudly from the middle belt, the real one not fake ipob boy seating with one computer somewhere writing the trash he has been feed, i lived in Abacha's time, i new his government, i remember his policies dora akinluyi ,one of the most up right citizens from the east, served as secretary to the PTF under him, yes it was Abacha who found her and brought her out. i would lecture you from now till 40 years on his policies, some of which are still been implemented till date. educate yourself by fact not propaganda.

The issue with few of you from North Central that have some the entire Middlebelt to Fulani oligarchy is your ability to reason straight. Stop there! Do you think you are discussing with a baby. I don't care your age I was already a graduate the time we are taking about. Indeed a final year student when he surreptitiously took over power and you want to lecture me. You think everyone that disliked Abacha is either IPOB or from the political South West. For you information O am from Kogi State and you should stop all unnecessary attack on other parts of this country and let's face the Middlebelt. Except you are deceptive asI suspect, you are either from Kogi or Venue state.

Now to think because your support for someone that mortgage Nigeria future, am international known thief is enjoying your support this way speaks volumes about your character. As a Bible student, there's a popular quote that talks about the type of friends a man attracts and a man's character. Nigeria was at the brink of collapse and God just used the success in sports to keep is together because of people's prayer.

In fact, I give up on you for shamelessly supportingly a looter.
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by onoja12: 10:42am On Jan 30, 2021
anybody who can follow nnamdi kanu ,is worse than a baby

middlebelter:

The issue with few of you from North Central that have some the entire Middlebelt to Fulani oligarchy is your ability to reason straight. Stop there! Do you think you are discussing with a baby. I don't care your age I was already a graduate the time we are taking about. Indeed a final year student when he surreptitiously took over power and you want to lecture me. You think everyone that disliked Abacha is either IPOB or from the political South West. For you information O am from Kogi State and you should stop all unnecessary attack on other parts of this country and let's face the Middlebelt. Except you are deceptive asI suspect, you are either from Kogi or Venue state.

Now to think because your support for someone that mortgage Nigeria future, am international known thief is enjoying your support this way speaks volumes about your character. As a Bible student, there's a popular quote that talks about the type of friends a man attracts and a man's character. Nigeria was at the brink of collapse and God just used the success in sports to keep is together because of people's prayer.

In fact, I give up on you for shamelessly supportingly a looter.
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by BafanaBafana: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2021
toogbasky:
Obasanjo still remains the best President Nigeria ever had,,,, he ran a Government for Nigerians not for the west
He kinda ran a government for himself. He laid the foundation of everything wrong with our democracy today
Re: List Of Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff Since 1999 by Egoat(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
Well, now there's a COAS that's Yoruba, first since 1999.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Race: Rotimi Amaechi Resigns As Minister / Fashola Releases Photos Of Lagos-ibadan Dual Carriageway Project / Aisha Yesufu: We Rejected Governors, Emefiele’s Moves To Stop EndSARS Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.