Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto (11331 Views)

Remi Tinubu Visits Bayelsa, Donates ₦‎50 Million To Flood Victims / Kaduna Train Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦50 Million To Injured Victims / Sanwo-olu Donates 50 Cars To Lagos Magistrates(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by etokhana: 6:48am On Jan 27, 2021
FOLLOWING last week’s fire incident that razed Sokoto Central Market, the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) has donated N50 million to the Sokoto State government and victims of the fire incident with a resolve to lobby the Federal Government to fulfil its pledge of assisting in the rebuilding of the market.

Chairman of the Forum and Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi announced the donation on Tuesday in Sokoto when the forum visited the market.

The governor was in company of the Chairman Northern States Governors’ Forum, Simon Bako Lalong and Governor Muhammad Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa State.

Fayemi said the NGF will pursue the pledge made by the Federal Government to the state government and victims of the blaze.
https://thenationonlineng.net/market-fire-ngf-donates-n50m-to-sokoto/

1 Like

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by JackWolfskin: 6:54am On Jan 27, 2021
All Northern Governors gave N50 million.

Governor Nyesom Spending Wike gave N500 Million.

Slawormiir, Does this make Wike a real Nigga?

Edit- The NGF in this case is "Nigerian Governors Forum" . This is even worse because this group has more (36) members.

Wike and Tambuwal should explain this brotherly love they have.

48 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Onyeka8: 6:54am On Jan 27, 2021
Ok.. For the first time on NL I am the second to comment on a post. I feel happy. One day I go be first.

They've done well by assisting the State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by felong(m): 6:54am On Jan 27, 2021
And wike has already given them N500m. Truly the north are the owners of this country.

13 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by badman007(m): 6:54am On Jan 27, 2021
Markets in the North are so different, compared to New Benin & Ring Road Markets..

Maybe Gov. Wike can donate something?

7 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by slimanyd: 6:54am On Jan 27, 2021
But wait o. Market fire occured in Oyo state at Akesan market. The state government Is single handedly rebuilding it back without any donations. Seems there is something special about this sokoto fire wey we ordinary citizens no know abi.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by slawormiir: 6:55am On Jan 27, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

JackWolfskin:
All Northern Governors gave N50 million.
Governor Nyesom Spending Wike gave N500 Million.
Slawormiir, Does this make Wike a real Nigga?

He is a real niggarrr anyday anytime twice on Wednesday
Such kind gesture is a welcome one....this is to promote national brother hood and unity.....hope to see my state edo also donate

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Ubiudumo(m): 6:55am On Jan 27, 2021
Wonderful....
Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by seeker121(m): 6:55am On Jan 27, 2021
Fayemi and eye service are like 5&6

3 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by ReubenE(m): 6:56am On Jan 27, 2021
I hope Fayemi will champion the donation for the victims of Alade market as well

1 Like

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by YINKS89(m): 6:56am On Jan 27, 2021
But Alabama market just got burnt also... Am sure the NGF did not see that
Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by dangotesmummy: 6:56am On Jan 27, 2021
Smh
Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 27, 2021
Several markets have burned in Lagos this year and no state government or governor's forum donated anything to rebuild the markets.

Now, a market burns in Sokoto, and everyone is suddenly donating money left, right, and center.

Even Wike joined the fad and there are calls for the Federal Government to rebuild the market.

What is up with Sokoto? Is there something we do not know?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 27, 2021
Meow meow.

I’m not impressed!!!!

Below is the list of the real owners of Nigeria.

1. Northerners

2. Northerners

3. Northerners

4. Others....

3 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by shogosco: 6:57am On Jan 27, 2021
500Million naira
Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Whoube99(f): 6:58am On Jan 27, 2021
etokhana:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

NGF donates #50m, while wike singlehandedly donated #500m
Who Rivers State pipu offend

3 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by lexy2014: 6:58am On Jan 27, 2021
etokhana:

This is amazing. I thought these people keep complaining that's there's no money? Where are they getting d money they are donating for a burnt market? Is sokoto state so poor that it can't rebuild a market by itself? Last I checked, markets fall under d duties of local govts. This market has now become a national problem

4 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Dpharisee: 7:00am On Jan 27, 2021
All the governors in Nigeria including the 19 from the North could only muster N50m while Nyesomghosa Wikevie who is owing pensioners in Rivers state thinks he can get validation for the VP slot from the caliphate by donating half a billion naira of Rivers money. Yeye dey smell

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Abalado(f): 7:00am On Jan 27, 2021
I don't if truly is aboki people that owns this country,why is it that their own things are always different,,some many markets has burnt in other parts of the country this so called NGF didn't do anything,now see their life outside

5 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Sonnobax15(m): 7:01am On Jan 27, 2021
shocked

Our eye service governors and agencies,na only God know the kind of business transactions wey dey go on for this Sokoto market wey catch fire...

Even Wike self cross borders just to go drop him own cheque..
Many other governors and elites must also be on their way..
Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:01am On Jan 27, 2021
May the Almighty Allah guide and bless those that have lost their goods and properties.
For this market and the other markets that have been gutted by fire.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by money121(m): 7:03am On Jan 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:03am On Jan 27, 2021
And the mumu wike just spend our money like that

1 Like

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by tsdarkside(m): 7:04am On Jan 27, 2021
Onyeka8:
Ok.. For the first time on NL I am the second to comment on a post. I feel happy. One day I go be first.

They've done well by assisting the State.

just make your own thread and reply....et voila....

2 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by kereman1: 7:05am On Jan 27, 2021
So wike willingly donated 500million for this project will fg under duress decide to five 50million.
I've been to sokoto, precisely the capital city. The state is underdeveloped, all the state infrastructure there is not up to 500million,

Wike is an assslicker with the IQ of a turkey.

10 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by ForeThinker: 7:05am On Jan 27, 2021
Background donation fa
Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by ipobarethieves: 7:05am On Jan 27, 2021
sad These idiots will NOT give /help common man that seek for their assistance.I single out FAYOSE from these Useless baztardz.

2 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by mamaafrik(m): 7:07am On Jan 27, 2021
Ani these Southern Governors are Son of a thousand father,did fire not occur in Lagos,Ogun and Oyo,how much did North donate then,Awon omo ale deede,a ss linking the Fulanis won't help you political ambition,eni kuure

6 Likes

Re: Market Fire: NGF Donates ₦50 Million To Sokoto by Queenlovely(f): 7:07am On Jan 27, 2021
Nigerians are beggers, we beg for everything, even our prayers are begi begi prayers, father I need this, father I need that. even our rich men still beg.

let me come to the meat of the matter, if you want anything from a Nigerian, walk up to the person and beg, that is how to hack a Nigerian. if you are afraid to toast a girl, walk up to her and beg her for her friendship. forget about polished grammar, the same style you used in begging your friends use it to beg strangers.

we are Nigerians, we are proud and loud, we want to make billions to impress the world, it gives some an erection hearing their enemies beg, it means they accept defeat and accept the listener to be greater than them.

begging is an art, beg with your sense, know when to make sacrifices to enable somebody compromise, we are all beggers, but it depends on what you beg.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Resignation: Jostle Begins For Vacant Ministerial Positions / INEC REC Attack: APC Calls For Immediate Arrest Of Kogi SDP Guber Candidate / Breaking News - ACN Candidate shot In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.