Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent (37337 Views)

Monkeys Snatch Coronavirus Blood Samples Of Patients In India / Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS / Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by lalasticlala(m): 7:43am On Jan 27, 2021
A Nigerian Twitter user, Eketi, has called out doctors in teaching hospitals for exposing their patients to student doctors without their consent.

@eketiette wrote

Many of our doctors in Teaching Hospitals must learn to seek a patient's consent before exposing them to a horde of student doctors and colleagues. Patient privacy is a legal right! You can't be holding a lady's breast in your hands and call all and sundry to come & see. Na ment?

This disdain for those who demand their right to privacy, telling them to go to private hospitals if they don't want to be seen by others, is trash. Stop treating living people like cadavers!

When asked, many patients agree to be part of the teaching process. Do the right thing.

https://twitter.com/eketiette/status/1354059260473257987?s=19

Another Twitter user, Prophet_Emekka, reacted and shared his own experience:
2010 I had piles. Went to UUTH to check and be treated. The doctor called in his students to come to the observation. I felt defiled as they took turns fingering my anus. I swore to die with it.

But God healed me.
https://twitter.com/Prophet_Emekka/status/1354122500624560129?s=19

30 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Stan2330(m): 7:48am On Jan 27, 2021
Everything una go dey claim right both the one make no reach to dey drag

A teaching hospital is so called because it where doctors are taught clinical medicine..
If you want ur privacy, go to a private hospital

214 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by nairalander2020(m): 7:49am On Jan 27, 2021
u want to get well abi body no the disturb you.
but as for me i chose health first be4 privacy second.
moreover the name is teaching hospitol,do the need permission again.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49am On Jan 27, 2021
It's a teaching hospital, and you are the sick patient. Unless you or the person that brought you did not see the signboard when entering. How will the students be taught without you?

177 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Emptoluwani: 7:50am On Jan 27, 2021
Ok we will tell them

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 27, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Absolutely ! Privacy should be observed with higest esteem.

More so, be careful when choosing a hospital, teaching hospitals teach thier student clinical medicine, so if you don't want to be use, go for a government or private hospital.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by thesicilian: 7:54am On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:
Everything una go dey claim right both the one make no reach to dey drag

A teaching hospital is so called because it where doctors are taught clinical medicine..
If you want ur privacy, go to a private hospital
Don't mind them. Half baked knowledge is sometimes worse than no knowledge at all. The very act of registering at a teaching hospital for treatment automatically means that you have consented to your case being used as a teaching aid for future doctors. Just like registering for a sim card also automatically means you have read and agreed to the network's terms and conditions.

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by englishmart(m): 7:55am On Jan 27, 2021
What about all those kiosks and patent stores run by Semi-literates and abokis?
We patronize them and nothing happens.

Civilization is great but an abuse of it is disastrous.
Literates have caused More disasters in the world than illiterates

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by bsani(m): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by tillaman(m): 8:01am On Jan 27, 2021
Wait but when they were fingering your anus what was your reaction ??
You liked it right ? I bet you do

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by TCD: 8:13am On Jan 27, 2021
Its a teaching hospital, its primary purpose is for teaching and research. Although consent should always be sought before physically examining the patient. But bear in mind if you refuse to contribute to the teaching of those students, the hospital and the doctor also has a right to refuse to manage your case and refer you to another hospital. Autonomy goes both ways.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Holinesss(m): 8:30am On Jan 27, 2021
The person complaining has no serious health issue. Teaching hospital is for teaching student doctors. The word “Teaching “ should have done the explanation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by tardell007(m): 9:52am On Jan 27, 2021
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by jarkbauer: 9:58am On Jan 27, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
It's a teaching hospital, and you are the sick patient. Unless you or the person that brought you did not see the signboard when entering. How will the students be taught without you?

No he thought Drs are taught with mannequins. it is teaching hospital. i am very sure when you register you would have to agree to be used for teaching purposes but Nigerians dont read anyways

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by majemuoluwa45075: 10:41am On Jan 27, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by PrinceJoeWan(m): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
You wicked oh

tillaman:
Wait but when they were fingering your anus what was your reaction ??
You liked it right ? I bet you do

6 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by DelTel(m): 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
cry
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Riele(f): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stupid patients. Imagine allowing a bunch of underaged students to finger my anus.

The Doctor that'll try this bullshit with me doesn't exist!.

4 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Elzak(m): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2021
Before someone comes here to mention saner climes, know that they do the same thing there.

19 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Elzak(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
Riele:
Stupid patients. Imagine allowing a bunch of underaged students to finger my anus.

What would you do, kill him?

9 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
na wa o
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Magldsns: 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Speechless
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Mayng01(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Only in Nigeria. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by HitlerGaddafi: 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Normal in teaching hospitals. They have zero regards for privacy. I had a bed ridden friend who had a female student nurse shave his balls. So embarassing.

8 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Patient privacy is a legal right! You can't be holding a lady's breast in your hands and call all and sundry to come & see. Na ment?
2010 I had piles. Went to UUTH to check and be treated. The doctor called in his students to come to the observation. I felt defiled as they took turns fingering my anus. I swore to die with it.
But God healed me.
This is not just right in all ramifications.
Some of Our Doctors need a total re-orientation.
The CHANGE we want begins with us.

Riele:
Stupid patients.
Imagine allowing a bunch of underaged students to finger my anus.

Stupid patients?
Kindly edit your post dear.
We believe that is a typo!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by slawormiir: 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
This argument doesn't hold water

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by illicit(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by beehivedata(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nothing we no go read

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Brendaniel: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2021
country where they do not value human rights, at least consent is needed...

6 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Abigirlsuen: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2021
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Lovelies1: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2021
At least make look safer and not creating a scarier scene of probability of .....

Two or three can help in a relax mind of the patient and not battalion

Meanwhile the government should improve on the medical sector so people don't unknownly opt in for a Nigeria teaching hospitals
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Blueblood78: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Removes Clothes, Runs Unclad In Utako, Abuja / 5 5555 / 'Taking Fanta, Sprite With Vitamin C Is Poisonous' - Court Orders NAFDAC To Warn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.